Charles Manson's Troubled Past Starte...

Charles Manson's Troubled Past Started In Ky.

There are 15 comments on the WLEX-TV Lexington story from Nov 20, 2017, titled Charles Manson's Troubled Past Started In Ky.. In it, WLEX-TV Lexington reports that:

Before he tragically ruined the lives of several innocent victims, Charles Manson got his troubled start right here in Kentucky. Born to an Ashland-native, Charles Manson spent the first few years of his life in downtown Ashland at his grandmother's home on Hilton Avenue.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLEX-TV Lexington.

CriminalPast

Hockessin, DE

#1 Nov 21, 2017
Wow! Ashland’s claim to fame! Sad way to be on the map!
Skeeter

Paris, KY

#2 Nov 21, 2017
CriminalPast wrote:
Yea aren't the judds from Ashland also?
UnPolitically Correct

Lexington, KY

#3 Nov 21, 2017
At least he got locked up..........

https://i.redd.it/wcee13h4wbzz.jpg
CriminalPast

Hockessin, DE

#5 Nov 21, 2017
Helter Skelter wrote:
He's not from Kentucky. He moved here for a while as a kid. Smh
The article said he was born across river in Ohio (I assumed it was old Lawrence Co hospital in Ironton) but lived on Hilton Ave in Ashland first few years of his life. Unfortunately, that is From Ashland.
Nell

United States

#6 Nov 21, 2017
In a live interview he said Morehead was his most favorite place to live.
Billy Ray Cyrus

Frankfort, KY

#7 Nov 21, 2017
CriminalPast wrote:
Whoa whoa don't tell my heart my achy breaky heart , that you done forgot about me.
RICH SLAVE

United States

#9 Nov 21, 2017
KENTUCKY THATS A HATE STATE.
Maddie maddox

Detroit, MI

#10 Nov 21, 2017
RICH SLAVE wrote:
KENTUCKY THATS A Beautiful STATE.
true
RICH SLAVE

United States

#11 Nov 21, 2017
Maddie maddox wrote:
<quoted text>true
KENTUCKY IS A RACIST kkk,red neck,alt-right,skin head STATE.
Truthhurts

Gray, KY

#12 Nov 21, 2017
RICH SLAVE wrote:
<quoted text>KENTUCKY IS A RACIST kkk,red neck,alt-right,skin head STATE.
And your point?
Ice

Ironton, OH

#13 Nov 21, 2017
RICH SLAVE wrote:
<quoted text>
KENTUCKY IS A RACIST kkk,red neck,alt-right,skin head STATE.
If you don't like it move or stay out simple.
Ice

Ironton, OH

#14 Nov 21, 2017
Billy Ray Cyrus wrote:
<quoted text>

Whoa whoa don't tell my heart my achy breaky heart , that you done forgot about me.
Billy ray was from flatwoods.
Central Avenue

Grove City, OH

#17 Nov 22, 2017
This is an old interview with Manson's mother from 1971. I'm still not clear how long he and his mother lived in lived in Cincinnati.She says she left Ashland for Cincinnati to give birth to Charles.She also says she left Charles stepfather a few months after Charles birth and moved back to Ashland. Charles left Ashland at the age of 4 to move in with relatives in West Virginia.It appears Manson lived in Ashland from about the age of 3 to 6 months until he was 4.

http://www.cielodrive.com/archive/mother-tell ...
Central Avenue

Grove City, OH

#18 Nov 22, 2017
Mrs. Manson began to cry, but continued. Her mother sent her with her sister to Cincinnati, to have the baby away from Ashland, and while awaiting the baby, she accepted the marriage proposal of William Manson, so the baby would have a name.
The baby was born Nov. 11, 1934, and was listed on the birth certificate as no name Moddox, after his mothers maiden name. But that was not out of indifference, Mrs. Manson said, but because she was awaiting the arrival of her mother in Cincinnati.
I figured Id already hurt her pretty bad, so I wanted to let her name the baby, you see. So she named him after my father. A few weeks later, she had the birth certificate changed to Charles Milles Manson.
Her young husband had said he would try to accept the child, she recalled, but after a few months it became obvious he was jealous of the time she spent on the baby, and once beat her up. She left Manson, returned to her mother in Ashland and began divorce proceedings.
She also returned to an angry Col. Scott.
She hoped to marry Scott, she said, but her mother, disapproving because her divorce from Manson wasnt final, stymied that by informing Scott of the birth and her marriage. Scott, too furious to wait for the divorce, married another woman a few days later.
But all that stuff you read about Charles not knowing who his father was, thats not so. Scott used to come and pick up Charles and take him home for weekends with his own child. He took Charles home six or seven times like that and just loved him, she said.
Scott died in 1954 of cancer, Mrs. Manson said. When Charles was 4, Mrs. Manson left Ashland for McMechen, W.Va., and the boys contact with his real father was broken. But always he was surrounded by family his mother, his grandmother, an aunt and an uncle.
Ukraps

Since: Nov 09

Richmond

#19 Nov 28, 2017
Charlie Manson grew up in KENTUCKY? Who'd a thunk it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2004 (Jun '15) 17 min Starning4cock 118
Gyms/fitness centers in Lexington (Sep '10) 20 min You Are Dumb 14
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 21 min _Blue Bird_ 9,761
Demacrat admins deleting the post exsposing Jul... 43 min DeportNazis 1
Guys looking for guys 51 min Mike 13
Hey everybody Backstreet boys concert coming SOON! 1 hr Thesepeoplearestupid 2
Keep the booming Matt Bevin economy going in 19 1 hr Thesepeoplearestupid 5

Lexington Jobs

Personal Finance

Lexington Mortgages