Federal Medical Center
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Bigg Dogg

Corbin, KY

#1 Jul 29, 2011
Is it true that the FMC does not have air conditioning in this heat? Gosh even animals get air. Isn't there anything that can be done about this? If they don't have air, do they have heat in the winter?
alice

Bowling Green, KY

#2 Jul 29, 2011
Bigg Dogg wrote:
Is it true that the FMC does not have air conditioning in this heat? Gosh even animals get air. Isn't there anything that can be done about this? If they don't have air, do they have heat in the winter?
Is this a prison?

Since: Feb 10

United States

#3 Jul 29, 2011
yes it's a federal prison here in Lexington. the bureau of prisons classifies each prison according to their security level and assigns it an acronym. you have can have an FMC, FPC, FCC, FCI, USP, FTC, FDC, MCC or an MDC in your area and not even know it.
jailbirds

Bowling Green, KY

#4 Jul 29, 2011
The_Spaniard_In_Black wrote:
yes it's a federal prison here in Lexington. the bureau of prisons classifies each prison according to their security level and assigns it an acronym. you have can have an FMC, FPC, FCC, FCI, USP, FTC, FDC, MCC or an MDC in your area and not even know it.
Let them do without.

United States

#5 Jul 29, 2011
I was never an officer at FMC, however the rumor that there isn't any A/C in the summer can't be true. prisons and jails are regulated to provide habitable environments for inmates. extreme heat itself is counterproductive to inmate management, as facilities are purposely kept as cool as legally possible, to help keep inmates settle and calm, as well as regulate temperatures in big housing units that are packed with bodies. extreme heat also increases the potential of disease, which could potentially violate the rights of the inmate to a clean, safe and secure facility.
Former Employee

Lexington, KY

#6 Jul 30, 2011
Some of the units are air conditioned and some aren't. And yes it gets very hot in the summer.
The offices are all air conditioned but it goes out all the time.
Jane Dow

Silver Spring, MD

#7 Jul 30, 2011
CRISIS IN LEXINGTON RIGHT NOW! PLEASE HELP - Topix
www.topix.com/forum/city/lexington-ky/TM05HMU... - CachedSimilar
20 posts - 3 authors - Last post: Sep 27, 2006
Prison Abuse, Torture & Deliberate Indifference ... to expose the Real Criminals within the Federal Medical Center Prison in Lexington KY....
Get more discussion results

This is sad, how many former or present employees would like to talk about this........ read this posting

I spent 7 years at fmc lexington federal medical center and

can agree with these posts. i worked on the hospice team so i spend many hours on the hospital unit f4. this is a real joke of a hospital. the unit holds about 30 to 40 inmates depending on how they pack them in. i watched men die every month some who just gave up on life others who lacked the best medical care for their condition. i saw the lack of care, lack of staff to handle the inmates. there were inmates who worked to keep the hospital clean and help the nurses by changing bed sheets and keeping water filled however i hate to say it but most of them would only watch tv and sit in the a/c in the summer. i came to see one of my patients only to find ants on his face and up his nose and dirty diaper. the man was dying and someone tryed to give him coolaid to drink and spilled it then the ants walked down the call button cord and on to my patient. the hospital care is a joke.

Tomball, TX

#9 Aug 1, 2011
bud wrote:
F**k em. Sooner they die the sooner we don't have to support them with our money. I hope they don't have AC. I hope they are miserable
when I was a corrections officer, I never felt bad about the inmates being in custody, however I did empathize with them that they couldn't control their basic situation, like being hot or cold. as far as the attitude of not supporting them with our money, an answer to that is privately operated prisons and jails, however I always had the opinion that those type of corrections centers should be abolished and are counterproductive to the mission set forth by industry standards.
Why?

United States

#10 Aug 3, 2011
Jane Dow wrote:
CRISIS IN LEXINGTON RIGHT NOW! PLEASE HELP - Topix
www.topix.com/forum/city/lexington-ky/TM05HMU... - CachedSimilar
20 posts - 3 authors - Last post: Sep 27, 2006
Prison Abuse, Torture & Deliberate Indifference ... to expose the Real Criminals within the Federal Medical Center Prison in Lexington KY....
Get more discussion results

This is sad, how many former or present employees would like to talk about this........ read this posting

I spent 7 years at fmc lexington federal medical center and

can agree with these posts. i worked on the hospice team so i spend many hours on the hospital unit f4. this is a real joke of a hospital. the unit holds about 30 to 40 inmates depending on how they pack them in. i watched men die every month some who just gave up on life others who lacked the best medical care for their condition. i saw the lack of care, lack of staff to handle the inmates. there were inmates who worked to keep the hospital clean and help the nurses by changing bed sheets and keeping water filled however i hate to say it but most of them would only watch tv and sit in the a/c in the summer. i came to see one of my patients only to find ants on his face and up his nose and dirty diaper. the man was dying and someone tryed to give him coolaid to drink and spilled it then the ants walked down the call button cord and on to my patient. the hospital care is a joke.
Get a life Jane. Your father was a criminal. Who care he died many years ago. I know I know he was innocent and everything he said was the truth right?! Give me a break.
Been there

United States

#11 May 8, 2012
There are from 2000 to 3000 inmates there at any one time

I was there for 10 months. Less than 200 of the sickest have air conditioning.

Medical services are done based on the budget.

Food is a disgrace
not on vacation

Bowling Green, KY

#12 May 8, 2012
Been there wrote:
Food is a disgrace
Who cares? If they had not done wrong they wouldn't be there. They're paying their debt to society, not on some friggin' vacation. Maybe they'll think twice about their actions.
Lol

Louisville, KY

#13 May 8, 2012
Prison isn't supposed to be nice.
Been there wrote:

Food is a disgrace
Been there

United States

#14 May 8, 2012
You think seeing a young man of 24 in for six months for income tax having his hearing aids taken because they cost more than $100.00 is ok. He couldn't hear a word for six months.

Thank a old man of 65 growing his own pot and having his teeth taken away for six months before he could even see a dentist is cool.

Ever know someone waiting for the next budget before he can get a collage student to do heart surgery?

These were all short term men. They did their time.

I had an FBI agent tell me - everyone has done something wrong - we can't put everyone in jail - we have to pick. Most you guys with an attitude are just punks that haven't been caught. I was one

Have a little compassion. Not everyone merits your attitudes
sam

Bowling Green, KY

#15 May 8, 2012
Been there wrote:
You think seeing a young man of 24 in for six months for income tax having his hearing aids taken because they cost more than $100.00 is ok. He couldn't hear a word for six months.
Thank a old man of 65 growing his own pot and having his teeth taken away for six months before he could even see a dentist is cool.
Ever know someone waiting for the next budget before he can get a collage student to do heart surgery?
I had an FBI agent tell me - everyone has done something wrong - we can't put everyone in jail - we have to pick. Most you guys with an attitude are just punks that haven't been caught. I was one
tough
LMAO

Louisville, KY

#16 May 8, 2012
I have absolutely NO sympathy for you at all. You are in prison and MY tax dollars are paying for you. EVERYTHING you do and want in prison I AND MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS have to pay for. Hearing aids cost upwards of $5000 not $100 dumb ass. Could care less if he could hear. Could care less if that man had teeth. The fact is MY tax dollars help pay for MILLIONS of procedures every year that I can't even get on the outside. Such as heart transplants, chemo, hearing aides, teeth, knee replacements, prosthetics, etc. and I tell ya I'm SICK OF PAYING!!!
Been there wrote:

Whatever

Louisville, KY

#17 May 10, 2012
Oh please, I work in healthcare and have seen prisoners get better medical care than my own grandmother. The healthcare dollars spent on weeks in the hospital, icu, transplant list etc even when it is obviously futile is astounding.. It is dang near impossible to refuse care or withdraw care for a prisoner due to government regulations even when as I said there is obviously no hope, whereas ANY other patient would be told "I'm sorry sir there is nothing else we can do" long ago. And most of the time the conditions are self inflicted due to their IV drug use that caused them to be incarcerated anyway. All on our tax dollar?

I'm too cheap to run the air in my own house most o the time, why should I be paying for it for someone else? Kids go hungry, elderly go without their meds, and many of our disabled vets live in far worse conditions than our prisoners. Look elsewhere for sympathy please
Agreed

Lexington, KY

#18 May 10, 2012
Whatever wrote:
Oh please, I work in healthcare and have seen prisoners get better medical care than my own grandmother. The healthcare dollars spent on weeks in the hospital, icu, transplant list etc even when it is obviously futile is astounding.. It is dang near impossible to refuse care or withdraw care for a prisoner due to government regulations even when as I said there is obviously no hope, whereas ANY other patient would be told "I'm sorry sir there is nothing else we can do" long ago. And most of the time the conditions are self inflicted due to their IV drug use that caused them to be incarcerated anyway. All on our tax dollar?
I'm too cheap to run the air in my own house most o the time, why should I be paying for it for someone else? Kids go hungry, elderly go without their meds, and many of our disabled vets live in far worse conditions than our prisoners. Look elsewhere for sympathy please
Well said!
LMAO!!

Richmond, KY

#19 May 10, 2012
Amen!!!!!
Whatever wrote:

ok

United States

#20 May 10, 2012
Like to see you fu**s go tell them convicts how ya feel.
LMAO!!

Richmond, KY

#21 May 11, 2012
That is not a problem!
ok wrote:
Like to see you fu**s go tell them convicts how ya feel.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did God murder the children 3 min ANTITHEIST 4
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min NutSo HL 167,571
ICE in Nicholasville Tuesday, Arrests and closi... 10 min jessiicur 24
Trump The Bum Now Begging Supporters For Money 10 min The Real Morgan 9
Interacial Marriages up by 30% RECORD BREAKING ... 16 min ralph 33
how to get out of paying child support 22 min The Real Morgan 6
2004 bookstore (Nov '09) 26 min Dustin Hoffman 7,593

Lexington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lexington Mortgages