Tates Creek High School

Tates Creek High School

Posted in the Lexington Forum

InquiringMind

Huntingburg, IN

#1 Mar 26, 2010
What happened to the Tates Creek boys basketball team this year? I recall hearing they were favored to make it to the state tournament this year and make a run for the championship.
cripticone

Huntingburg, IN

#2 Apr 7, 2010
InquiringMind wrote:
What happened to the Tates Creek boys basketball team this year? I recall hearing they were favored to make it to the state tournament this year and make a run for the championship.
good question, what did happen to them this year? i hear the players have issues with the coach. i saw a couple of their games this season. the first six or seven players had solid talent, but the coach is such a distraction to whoever is on the floor, i don't see how they can concentrate on playing the game.
Dubious

Huntingburg, IN

#3 Apr 7, 2010
cripticone wrote:
<quoted text>
good question, what did happen to them this year? i hear the players have issues with the coach. i saw a couple of their games this season. the first six or seven players had solid talent, but the coach is such a distraction to whoever is on the floor, i don't see how they can concentrate on playing the game.
The teams lackluster performance rests firmly on the coach's shoulders.
oldschool

Huntingburg, IN

#4 Apr 11, 2010
Dubious wrote:
<quoted text>
The teams lackluster performance rests firmly on the coach's shoulders.
Who is the current Tates Creek basketball coach?
hopseng

Huntingburg, IN

#5 Apr 11, 2010
oldschool wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is the current Tates Creek basketball coach?
Wayne Breeden is the coach, look him up he has quite a history.
doom

United States

#6 Apr 12, 2010
Doom
btweenthelines

Huntingburg, IN

#7 Apr 12, 2010
hopseng wrote:
<quoted text>
Wayne Breeden is the coach, look him up he has quite a history.
Yeah so what? He was the coach at Ashland and Owensboro. I think he was also an assistant coach at Morehead and may have been a graduate assistant or volunteer assistant at UK during the Joe Hall era.

He has a reputation of going to programs with a good talent pool and then leaving them high and dry after the existing talent graduates. He has no track record for taking a nothing program and developing them into a competitive team year in year out. After Fucci and Barksdale are gone, Breeden won't be far behind.
bbjones

Huntingburg, IN

#8 Apr 17, 2010
btweenthelines wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah so what? He was the coach at Ashland and Owensboro. I think he was also an assistant coach at Morehead and may have been a graduate assistant or volunteer assistant at UK during the Joe Hall era.
He has a reputation of going to programs with a good talent pool and then leaving them high and dry after the existing talent graduates. He has no track record for taking a nothing program and developing them into a competitive team year in year out. After Fucci and Barksdale are gone, Breeden won't be far behind.
even with fucci and barksdale he couldn't win the regional. if lex cath hadn't been upset in the district, he wouldn't have won the district this year. and i agree with an earlier post, he's a distraction on the sideline and isn't a good "crisis" coach.
bbjones2

Huntingburg, IN

#9 Apr 18, 2010
bbjones wrote:
<quoted text>
even with fucci and barksdale he couldn't win the regional. if lex cath hadn't been upset in the district, he wouldn't have won the district this year. and i agree with an earlier post, he's a distraction on the sideline and isn't a good "crisis" coach.
Give the man a break he's doing the best he can. Not every school can have a coach like the one at Scott County, Clark County, West Jessamine, etc.
BEING FAIR

Huntingburg, IN

#10 Apr 18, 2010
Everyone is being so negative. Doesn't anyone have something positive to say about the guy.
bbjones

Huntingburg, IN

#11 Apr 18, 2010
BEING FAIR wrote:
Everyone is being so negative. Doesn't anyone have something positive to say about the guy.
if being honest is regarding as negative, who's more at fault? the person writing it or the coach the writing is about?
creekfan

Louisville, KY

#12 Apr 19, 2010
creek was ok, a lot of idiots go there
creekfan2

Huntingburg, IN

#13 Apr 19, 2010
creekfan wrote:
creek was ok, a lot of idiots go there
I agree. Creek is okay. There are idiots at every school. I don't like the basketball coach. And from what I hear, the players don't either.
Community

Huntingburg, IN

#14 Apr 20, 2010
creekfan2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Creek is okay. There are idiots at every school. I don't like the basketball coach. And from what I hear, the players don't either.
So far everything I've read on this topic is heresay. Don't judge someone unless you're in the position to do so.
Insightful

Huntingburg, IN

#15 Apr 20, 2010
Community wrote:
<quoted text>
So far everything I've read on this topic is heresay. Don't judge someone unless you're in the position to do so.
Ok, Community, here are two judgements for you... 1. It's hearsay, not heresay; 2. Breeden is a weak coach. And, yes, I'm in a position to pass along both judgements.
YoursTruly

Huntingburg, IN

#16 Apr 22, 2010
Insightful wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, Community, here are two judgements for you... 1. It's hearsay, not heresay; 2. Breeden is a weak coach. And, yes, I'm in a position to pass along both judgements.
Breeden has a very sound knowledge of the game, but has difficulty teaching the game to young players. This, I think, ties in to an earlier comment about his inability to develop talent.

He currently has a 6'8" freshman who, with the right coaching, could become a force on the local high school basketball scene. That is unlikely to happen, though, without a commitment from Breeden and his staff to bring this kid along properly.

With his particular coaching style and personality, Breeden is, perhaps, better suited to be an assistant coach, or possibly a head coach (in the right situation), on the college level.

As the superintendent and the Fayette County School System are fond of saying -- it's all about the kids. This doesn't apply to only the classroom. Running the basketball program like a mini dictatorship where it's all about the coach, shouldn't be allowed on the high school level.
bbjones

Huntingburg, IN

#17 Apr 23, 2010
YoursTruly wrote:
<quoted text>
Breeden has a very sound knowledge of the game, but has difficulty teaching the game to young players. This, I think, ties in to an earlier comment about his inability to develop talent.
He currently has a 6'8" freshman who, with the right coaching, could become a force on the local high school basketball scene. That is unlikely to happen, though, without a commitment from Breeden and his staff to bring this kid along properly.
With his particular coaching style and personality, Breeden is, perhaps, better suited to be an assistant coach, or possibly a head coach (in the right situation), on the college level.
As the superintendent and the Fayette County School System are fond of saying -- it's all about the kids. This doesn't apply to only the classroom. Running the basketball program like a mini dictatorship where it's all about the coach, shouldn't be allowed on the high school level.
mini-dictatorship is good way of putting it. the man does suffer from a hugh napoleon complex (pun intended).
awesome

Jasper, IN

#18 Sep 5, 2010
the coach is a dick head

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
California - the POOREST state in the Union 15 min donald 23
Just What About Mr. Trump You Don't Like?? 17 min Trump Failed 337
UK winning, UPC silent 20 min Trump Failed 4
Hilarious things Trumpers say 40 min Too funny 9
********** Life is good in Trumpland! ************ (Feb '17) 42 min Waaaaaaa UPC 1,548
Loserville Cardinals basketball stripped of Cha... 43 min Loserville 1
Sorry Libs: Obummer Team knew and colluded with... 49 min scotty steiner 155

Lexington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lexington Mortgages