Anyone remember.....
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Tootsie

Lewistown, OH

#1 Aug 6, 2009
Linda Pearl Harris? She was a stripper at Cowboy's in the mid 90's. She danced under the name Starla and she was murdered.

Then there was Theresa Norris, also a stripper at Cowboy's, don't remember her stage name, but she was also murdered a few months later.

Were the murders ever solved?

Does anyone remember them?
Tootsie

Louisville, OH

#2 Aug 7, 2009
BTTT
tootsie

Lewistown, OH

#3 Aug 7, 2009
There's a book called "Headless Man in Topless Bar" that mentions both girls and another Lexington dancer that was murdered. The third woman, MaryLou Perkins was murdered by her husband, then he shot himself.

Anyone?
tootsie

Lewistown, OH

#5 Aug 7, 2009
Yes, Linda was the one decapitated and dismembered.

She had two little girls in foster care and was trying really hard to turn her life around and get custody of them back.

Very Sad!

“Jody”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#7 Aug 7, 2009
POTHEAD MAXIMUS wrote:
It was sad i remember cause i turned 21 in the mid 90s and of course cowboys was first place i went got lots a dances off her she was a sweet heart dont know why her killer was never caught its like they swept it under the rug maybe cause she was a stripper ive come to find out most of those girls are cool peeps just tryin to make a living most anyway.
Maximus! I am surprised you're that much older than I thought.
Good to see the real you cares about something.
NAMELESS

Versailles, KY

#8 Aug 7, 2009
hello
NAMELESS

Versailles, KY

#9 Aug 7, 2009
I remember Linda Pearl Harris I was the person who trained her at the Twilight Lounge.Starla ( Linda) was my friend and NO her murder was never solved. I went to her grave about 4 years ago. There is a fund for victims of violence here in Lexington that helps people and they were supposed to pay for her a tombstone. Hell they do not have one for her. I think this is because she was a stripper and she did drugs. I loved Linda to death. Her funeral was one of the saddest I ever attended. She had 2 little girls at the time. Maybe she was not the best mother but she sure as hell did not deserve that. Hers was a gruesome painful murder.I was working at Thumpers and she was working at Cowboys and she tried to get me to go to Cowboys. I started to but did not. I quit Thumpers and she started there and about 2 weeks later or so she was killed.
Also the owner of that club was murdered as well. SHot and killed. He was not robbed as the deposit bag was still on him when they found him with all the money in it, He also had on a very valuable ring.His murder was not solved. At one point they thought a dancer/bartenders husband may have done it but they have no proof. I was acquaintances with THeresa and I did not really know her.
Her murder has not been solved either.
These murders need to be solved. I know cops and lawyers, rich people, and other "upstanding individuals" think these girls were just stripper, druggie, hos etc.,they were much more than that. Lets not forget the woman found out under the bush near Winchester Road I think was found naked and had been there many months. I have NO clue how NOONE seen her body! If I remember correctly tho she was a prostitute, so I guess according to the Law she did not really matter. These cases are so sad.
NAMELESS

Versailles, KY

#10 Aug 7, 2009
When I said the owner of that club I meant the owner of Twilight Lounge. His real name was Belve but he hated it so he had us call him Bill, one of the nicest people I have ever had the priviledge to know.
NAMELESS

Versailles, KY

#11 Aug 7, 2009
POTHEAD MAXIMUS wrote:
I totally remember the linda girl didnt they find her dismembered i remember gettin dances from her kinda creepy thinkin bout it now dont think they ever solved it could be wrong dont remember the other girls but linda was a cool girl
That is exactly why it was swept under the rug, she was a dancer and drug addict so according to those who MATTER ( rich, cops, etc., she was just a junkie, stripper, ho etc, who believe other NICE real people should have their pick pocket cases solved first.
NAMELESS

Versailles, KY

#12 Aug 7, 2009
I am sorry to everyone but Linda and Bill were both my friends and this is just a subject that grates on my nerves and has all of these years.
NAMELESS

Versailles, KY

#13 Aug 7, 2009
Linda Pearl Harris (aka Starla) is burried in Hillcreast Cemetary, if you want to know the exact plot you have to ask at the office but she is sort of buried behind or near a tombstone with the last name Stringer on it if I remember correctly. It has been a while since I been over there.
tootsie

Louisville, OH

#17 Aug 8, 2009
I also worked with Linda and Teresa at Cowboys. I've always hoped their murders would be solved.

You know if the women knew who thier murderer was, we probably all at least met met him. How scary is that?
Hey

Louisville, KY

#18 Aug 8, 2009
Tootsie wrote:
Linda Pearl Harris? She was a stripper at Cowboy's in the mid 90's. She danced under the name Starla and she was murdered.
Then there was Theresa Norris, also a stripper at Cowboy's, don't remember her stage name, but she was also murdered a few months later.
Were the murders ever solved?
Does anyone remember them?
This happened at the J Spot
tootsie

Louisville, OH

#19 Aug 9, 2009
I forgot about J Spot. I met both women at Cowboys.

Anyone remember the Red Lion? Was that what it was called, the club that burned down?
clubs

Lexington, KY

#20 Sep 5, 2009
yes the Red Lion was on South Broadway wasn't it?
bubba

Port Charlotte, FL

#21 Sep 6, 2009
Red lion was off Vesailles rd in a strip mall. Used to watch you dance there tootsie.
tootsie

Loveland, OH

#22 Sep 6, 2009
Hey, bubba..where you been?:)
bubba

Port Charlotte, FL

#23 Sep 6, 2009
at cowboys. lookin at titties
boo woo

Danville, KY

#24 Sep 6, 2009
a guy name cowboy was ataccused of it
tootsie

Loveland, OH

#25 Sep 6, 2009
I think fire was electrical and ruled an accident.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 3 min HoHoHo 6,976
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 11 min North Mountain 156,600
Trump Violate Trade Embargo 1 hr Brandy 15
Guess Who is PERSON OF THE YEAR????? 1 hr Brandy 36
Curious 1 hr Brandy 4
Need more for Christmas 3 hr momma 6
Efferdent drug test (Oct '12) 4 hr Bob 79

Lexington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lexington Mortgages