Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
126,101 - 126,120 of 128,911 Comments Last updated 13 min ago

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2014

Judged:

SNYB wrote:
<quoted text>
But ....we share so much of the same environment as so many others in the animal/mammal kingdom....so umm..no. no that is just not quite 100 percent logical.
By your reasoning, all animals in the same environment should be identical.
You are showing a very poor understanding of evolution.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2014

Judged:

SNYB wrote:
<quoted text>
Except for those communication And levels of logic and rationality type things......
So they had a bit smaller brain. Ours evolved larger, thus we gained logic. Is it such a stretch to evolve a larger brain?
Oh, and other animals can communicate. Much of it is body language reading, but it is a form of communication.
Many animals can make complex sounds, but lack the brain size to make the sounds relay highly specific meanings. Yet some do have meanings and are communications.
Again, I see so many similarities with humans and other animals, it is astonishing some feel we are not related.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2014

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
See how quickly you intentionally attribute to me claims I did not make. When did I claim that energy must be created supernaturally?
Your attempt to distort what I stated in order to buttress your irrational argument is evident.
You are noted for using that tactic.
I have already adrressed many times why I believe my position is more plausible.
, it should be understood that every effect must resemble its cause. This is because, simply put, you cannot give what you do not have, so it is impossible for an effect to possess something its originating cause did not have.
That being the case, how can one believe that nonlivig ,nonconscious and nonintelligent matter an impersonal, amoral, purposeless, and meaningless universe accidentally created beings that are alive , conscious and intelligent full of personality, morals, meaning, and purpose? Only mind can create mind. In the end it is either matter before mind or mind before matter, and all scientific, philosophical, and reasonable evidence points to the latter.
Your supposed logic and reasoning abilities have not persuaded you to think that energy is eternal ,it has forced you to think that because your faith provides you no other choice...
In the meanwhile you must continue conjuring up and inventing nonsensical excuses in order to buttress your irrational and illogical beliefs..
BTW... I see where Pre K failed to respong to this post and elected to respond to what I posted witchetty , which she in turn refused to respond to......
That seems to be the plan ,send some other moniker out to take the heat for what you can't handle and in the process distort the meaning of what was originally posted...
Deceitful,cowardly and conniving behaviour..........
We are energy and matter that can come from energy. We do resemble energy.

You are claiming we now believe in the supernatural if we believe energy is eternal. So it seems to me you are claiming energy must be supernatural. If not, then explain.
And rambling on and on is not helping you at all.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2014

Judged:

The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Jews don't understand Judaism? That's a funny claim.
<quoted text>
You provided 3 references. They were all junk.
Proverbs 30:4 is a rhetorical question.
Zechariah 2 has the angel talking. There aren't two deities.
Anything from the NT is obvious irrelevant to Judaism.
It is simply undeniable that Jesus and the Holy Spirit are not part of Judaism and never have been. If they were, they would have been explicitly mentioned, don't you think?
Not true the OT mentions the Spirit of God hovered above the waters,does not say God ,says his Spirit.... Clear that up for me if you will....
Explain the meaning of this
"Who has ascended into heaven, or descended? Who has gathered the wind in His fists? Who has bound the waters in a garment? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is His name, and what is His Son's name if you know?”"
And this one ,which you were not able to manufacture an excuse for, since the Pharisees them selves were not able to answer.

41 While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them, 42 “What do you think about the Messiah? Whose son is he?”

“The son of David,” they replied.

43 He said to them,“How is it then that David, speaking by the Spirit, calls him ‘Lord’? For he says,

44 “‘The Lord said to my Lord:
“Sit at my right hand
until I put your enemies
under your feet.”’[a]

45 If then David calls him ‘Lord,’ how can he be his son?”

46 No one could say a word in reply, and from that day on no one dared to ask him any more questions.

Don't dismiss with simplistic excuses , show evidence to support your claim

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2014

Judged:

chinwendu1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't say how many god there are but you rightly expressed a very high number. People try to make many things their gods like...wood, metal, concrete, gold, silver, money, status quo, actor/actresses, position, people's approval, musicians, sex, drugs, SELF, etc. But are any of these things naturally God?
If everyone was assigned a god at birth, complicated wouldn't begin to describe it. God is not the author of confusion and that scenario would be sheer chaos and confusion. To me, it is not about one God being better than the other. If one has something good, sharing it is just the caring thing to do. The relationship between best-friends is unique. In looking for someone I would consider as a best-friend, I would need to know that the person has my best interest at heart, not just their interest alone. We would be able to talk about everything with no judgment but opinions, advice, experience. When I mess up my best-friend would tell me, not to be mean but so I can make corrections because I am accountable for my own actions. The direction of life my best-friend wants to share with me should not include death or anything that can kill, steal or destroy me. A relationship with God reveals who He really is and His intentions; just as a relationship with a best-friend reveals who they are and their intentions. I know without doubt that many things people make into their gods can not offer what is basically good them or their life because the end result is not good.
So in a nutshell, you are claiming your god is better than theirs. Ironic your post is in response to that accusation. You just proved Q. right on target.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2014

Judged:

chinwendu1 wrote:
<quoted text>
In heaven, we will not be as we are now.
Presently, we are mind, body (plus spirit for those who have accepted Jesus Christ). After death, one remains in an incorruptible body.
OK, now can you answer my question? Can a person change his mind in heaven. You can just say yes or no.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2014

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true the OT mentions the Spirit of God hovered above the waters,does not say God ,says his Spirit.... Clear that up for me if you will....
The phrase is translated as 'great wind'. It's merely an element of god. What is there to suggest it is a separate incarnation?
curious wrote:
Explain the meaning of this
"Who has ascended into heaven, or descended? Who has gathered the wind in His fists? Who has bound the waters in a garment? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is His name, and what is His Son's name if you know?”"
I just did. It's a rhetorical question.
curious wrote:
And this one ,which you were not able to manufacture an excuse for, since the Pharisees them selves were not able to answer.
I already told you that any NT verses are irrelevant to Judaism.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2014

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>When you cut and paste with no credit to the actual author, you are plagiarizing.
Nothing said here shows me as wrong. You have still failed to show what I said that is of a double standard. What am I guilty of? Try backing up your accusations for a change.
You are back to your tactic of being evasive.
Your double standard emanates from the fact that whenever I stated that God was eternal and needed no creator you aways wanted to know who created God?
My beliefs were said to be Magic, superstition and delusional.. Now,like " preK" you have been forced to think that energy is eternal for the simple reason that energy can not be created by natural means...
So you are left with 2 choices , either energy was created by a supernatural power, which you have described as magic and superstition Or that energy is a supernatural power and needs no creator.
So , that which you mocked you now have to accept as valid...
Of course you will conjure up an irrational excuse in orderf to justify your illconceived beliefs ,, However the facts and your postings confirm your double standard.
To you,supernatural exists as a matter of convenience....
Since you have claimed that God needs a creator , then maybe you can explain who created energy,,,,Or better yet, why does energy not need a creator?
Does energy posses the ability to self exist and create , is it alive ,conscious and intelligent.
And if it isn't, how was it able to bring life, intelligence and consciousness into existence?
Reemember , the effect can not be greater than the cause.
Since you are a Science addict , please explain yourself in Scientific terms , not ill conceived excuses and STRAWMAN arguments
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2014

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>The idea of eternal energy defies no scientific principles. It is why it thought to be likely.
Energy is not supernatural. Just because it is not fully known how life came to be, it does not mean the energy was magic. Again you simply insert magic to anything that is not known. It is surely how your god was invented. The ancients did not know much science, so they invented gods to put into the gaps. You are doing the same.
You are dancing aroud like a chiucken with his head cut off and conjecturing up ill conceived and irrational arguments
A reasonable person who knows that energy can not be created by natural means is left with only 2 conclusions , It was either created bu supernatural means or it posseses the power to exist of it's own accord ., has life within itself,,,,That is not supernatural ?
I did not insert magic , YOU did... So it is not known how energy came to be, yet you claim it to be eternal and not needing a creator.
So, mindless ,nonintelligent ,nonliving and nonconscious energy can only convert itself into matter..However , according to your beliefs, once converted to nonliving,nonintelligent and nonconscious matter, it has the ability to convert/create this matter into living,intelligent and conscious matter....
However ,it has been established that energy can ONLY be converted, it has no ability to create.....
That is the Science fiction that holds your faith together, for which you must conjure up irrational excuses in an attempt to hold it together.....You must have seasons tickets to Walt Disneys magical kingdom.....

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2014

Judged:

chinwendu1 wrote:
Hell or the lake of fire was not created for mankind...it is was created for satan, his demons, death, etc.
Revelation tells us that "the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters" will be thrown into the lake of fire. Sounds like plenty of mankind are going to be tortured.
chinwendu1 wrote:
I would ask, how can someone tell another they love them, without dealing with what is killing them?
Yet it was God himself who introduced sin into the world of Adam and Eve by putting the greatest supervillain in the universe into the Garden of Eden.
chinwendu1 wrote:
God has dealt with it through Jesus Christ...and life is free to all.
If sin needed to be dealt with then why deal with it by plotting and scheming to have your son killed? An omnipotent god could eradicate sin by snapping his fingers.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2014

Judged:

chinwendu1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No deceptions regarding God....the good, bad and the ugly were shared in the accounts of the Bible.
If one wanted to deceive, why not just tell the good stories and ditch all the bad ones...?
The Bible itself tells us how God deceived people.

Deception is usually associated with the devil, but no less a person than Jeremiah, one of the great biblical prophets, attributes deception to God.

" Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! surely thou hast greatly deceived this people and Jerusalem, saying, Ye shall have peace; whereas the sword reacheth unto the soul."

Jeremiah 4:10

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2014

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You been posting that pig slop for quite a while ..Your opinions are worthless and invalid.
You now claim that energy is eternal, you had no choice as your faith has you contradicting your self ..You now believe in the supernatural , which you once claimed was Magic and superstition....
The fruits of atheism, contradiction of your faith..........
Much like your " British Heritage" where Tea is King and you claim to be a coffee drinker.
I am not going to ask you for the time , instead I will tell you what time it is.
It is time you got lost and take your gibberish with you...
As they say in London ; Good riddance to bad rubbish
It's plain to see that it annoys you.

That's why I saved it to make it easy to just paste it in everytime you try and elevate the biblical creation myth above any of the many other creation myths.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2014

Judged:

chinwendu1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The article is entitled, "10 Scientists Who Claim to Have Proof about the Existence of God".
It is only the article I am reading...the lewd advertisements or any other article, I paid no attention. I apologize to you and all if offended.
No offence taken.

Truth be told, I found it amusing.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2014

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Over half of the "Theories" on Big bang... require an outside source...
Something from an alternate universe....
YES! there is an alternate universe... the One God Lives in!
Over half?

How many different Big Bang theories are there?

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2014

Judged:

curious wrote:
It is also a fact that the problem with the Jews as with atheists is that they fail to understand God's written word
Judaism is the Jews religion.

Who are you to tell them they are not interpreting the Torah correctly?

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2014

Judged:

The_Box wrote:
Jews don't understand Judaism? That's a funny claim.
Isn't it just!

For curious' next trick he'll be telling us that Muslims don't understand Islam, Hindus don't understand Hinduism and Buddhists don't understand Buddhism.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2014

Judged:

curious wrote:
You now believe that energy is eternal? Why did you change your mind? Because you had no choice.
Before you start building up too many strawmen, perhaps you should go back and quote the post I made that stated energy is created.
curious wrote:
Energy can not be created by natural means,
Who says it has to be created? Not me.
curious wrote:
therefore,it can only be created by Supernatural means ,,
There you go again, bringing magic into your explanation.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2014

Judged:

curious wrote:
See how quickly you intentionally attribute to me claims I did not make. When did I claim that energy must be created supernaturally?
Right here...
curious wrote:
Energy can not be created by natural means, therefore,it can only be created by Supernatural means
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/robinson-cree...

Get knotted!
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2014

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>We are energy and matter that can come from energy. We do resemble energy.
You are claiming we now believe in the supernatural if we believe energy is eternal. So it seems to me you are claiming energy must be supernatural. If not, then explain.
And rambling on and on is not helping you at all.
Energy is either supernatural or was created by supernatural means. It certainly was not created by nature according to Science.
So if I were an atheist and knew that energy can not be created by natural means, then I would conclude
1) Energy was created by supernatural means or
2) Energy is eternal , preexisted the creation of the universe ,is outside of time and spacehas life within itself and needs no creator ,
That makes it Supernatural.
unable to be explained by science or the laws of nature : of, relating to, or seeming to come from magic, a god, etc.
That is the Gordian Knot your faith has tied you up with

So now ,you can dance around the campfire and see how you atheists , because of your unbelief, have inserted magic as part of your faith.....
The facts are there, but atheists can not face them and need to contradict their beliefs in order to attempt to defend their faith.....
Now explain to me again,in scientific terms , why do you believe energy to be eternal.
I don't believe in magic, I believe God is eternal

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2014

Judged:

curious wrote:
I don't believe in magic, I believe God is eternal
All your beliefs related to god are magic.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

54 Users are viewing the Lexington Forum right now

Search the Lexington Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
courtesy on wheels (Sep '12) 15 min shaquiesha 51
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 19 min Jay 146,845
low flying helicopters over Lexington at night??? 1 hr mamagirl 1
ohio bishes 1 hr shaquiesha 1
Best Looking Lexington News Lady (Jun '13) 1 hr NOOOOOOOO 264
please help 2 hr Carla 5
Grace Fellowship church (Aug '10) 2 hr mamagirl 136
2004 bookstore (Nov '09) 8 hr BBC 5,447
•••