Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 20 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#127431 Apr 1, 2014
Apostle Amber wrote:
<quoted text>
I would have a conversation but with someone who doesn't automatically attack my faith and myself for believing in Christ the Lord. Having been in conversations here I have really been treated with less than contempt when I try to speak of the love of God in Christ Jesus.
My posts therefore are generally addressing the subjects that have been contentious in other conversations, hopefully to keep things moving forward here towards Christ and still answer some questions.
I have stated before if you would be nice I will post but no one like to be harassed and everyone has been hurt or is hurting so why push the nail into my hand when Christ suffered for me already?
First, I have yet to see you attempt any conversation with anyone here. Second, I see you jumping to attack non believers with your fire and brimstone talk. Maybe you just do not realize what your words sound like to non believers, but that would be strange, as we have told you.
When you call us evil and bad, you should expect some backlash. Do you expect us to respect your disrespect?
Now if you have already given up conversation, expect more of the same from us. We will attack your comments if we see them as offensive. Why would you expect any less?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#127432 Apr 1, 2014
really wrote:
<quoted text>
Hobby Lobby is in no way obligated to even provide insurance to employees so why should they not have a say in what is and isn't covered in the insurance plans they provide? Unions and any non-Christian affiliated group that wants exemptions from certain parts of TACAO2010 seem to get them.
See? I knew that the right question could trigger at least one neuron to fire. Perhaps if we could get more than one resuscitated, if you might stop lapping at the boots of the neo-CINO web blogs and realize that unions and non-Christian groups are not the issue. You do realize that Hobby Lobby closes on Sunday for the Sabbath, but that SATURDAY is the Sabbath, don't you? I'm sure that doesn't faze your notion that they are "Christian", but if they can't even get a COMMANDMENT right, I'd have to wonder, were I you.
What, pray tell, is TACAO2010? Do you mean the AHCA?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#127433 Apr 1, 2014
really wrote:
<quoted text>
Hobby Lobby is in no way obligated to even provide insurance to employees ...
You are correct... within employer rights they are not obligated to provide any fringe benefits at all. On the other hand, there is that old saying "Do not bind the mouths of those who tread the grain."
really

Central City, KY

#127434 Apr 1, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
See? I knew that the right question could trigger at least one neuron to fire. Perhaps if we could get more than one resuscitated, if you might stop lapping at the boots of the neo-CINO web blogs and realize that unions and non-Christian groups are not the issue. You do realize that Hobby Lobby closes on Sunday for the Sabbath, but that SATURDAY is the Sabbath, don't you? I'm sure that doesn't faze your notion that they are "Christian", but if they can't even get a COMMANDMENT right, I'd have to wonder, were I you.
What, pray tell, is TACAO2010? Do you mean the AHCA?
The Sabbath is no longer Saturday. I'm not going to try to explain; you can research that on your own.
You totally avoided the question of why shouldn't Hobby Lobby have a say in what is and isn't included in the insurance they offer when they are in no way obligated to offer it?
Obamacare is actually the ACA of 2010. It's not the abbv you nor I used.
really

Central City, KY

#127435 Apr 1, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct... within employer rights they are not obligated to provide any fringe benefits at all. On the other hand, there is that old saying "Do not bind the mouths of those who tread the grain."
I see you answered before I finished my post.
I hardly think covering 16 forms of birth control and not wanting to cover 4 is as severe as your quote. The owners of HL should disregard their beliefs on morality because they don't want to offend a very small number of employees?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#127436 Apr 1, 2014
really wrote:
<quoted text>
The Sabbath is no longer Saturday. I'm not going to try to explain; you can research that on your own.
Really.. When did GOD change it to lure the pagans into the churches?
really wrote:
<quoted text>
You totally avoided the question of why shouldn't Hobby Lobby have a say in what is and isn't included in the insurance they offer when they are in no way obligated to offer it?
It's actually, the Affordable Health Care Act for Americans.
The issue in this situation is not one of what should or should not be covered, but >>>why or why not? I personally think that dentistry and eye care should be included as medical concerns. That they are not is a non-religious issue.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#127437 Apr 1, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY
HAPPY ATHEISTS DAY!
Psalms 14
14:1 To the chief Musician,[A Psalm] of David. The fool hath
said in his heart,[There is] no God. They are corrupt, they
have done abominable works,[there is] none that doeth good.
14:2 The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men,
to see if there were any that did understand,[and] seek God.
14:3 They are all gone aside, they are [all] together become
filthy:[there is] none that doeth good, no, not one.
Have a Great day!
:-)
Ah, you're back on the OT again after shunning it a few days ago.

If I can name one non-believer who has done good then I've proven your scripture wrong.

So let's try Bob Geldof.

His work saved hundreds of thousands from famine, disease and death.

Yet you think that's not good.

You're deranged.

Nottingham, UK

#127438 Apr 1, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
Why would we not follow God's commandments?
Because you said
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Who was God talking to???
The Hebrews (Israel)....
NOT Christians.... You know.... the People that came AFTER Christ!

Since: Oct 13

Lexington, KY

#127439 Apr 1, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>First, I have yet to see you attempt any conversation with anyone here. Second, I see you jumping to attack non believers with your fire and brimstone talk. Maybe you just do not realize what your words sound like to non believers, but that would be strange, as we have told you.
When you call us evil and bad, you should expect some backlash. Do you expect us to respect your disrespect?
Now if you have already given up conversation, expect more of the same from us. We will attack your comments if we see them as offensive. Why would you expect any less?
You just repeated the same conversation I posted, try from scratch and while you’re at it why don't you try from the Spirit of whatever you worship. i am gleaning my conversation from my Father God and you are just picking up like the devil the scraps left behind and calling it your creation. Create your own dirt i.e. create your ideas if you can otherwise don’t think I will give you any concern because you plagiarize me. Your meaning is temporary but mine is built on the rock of all ages.

Nottingham, UK

#127441 Apr 1, 2014
Believer wrote:
I Love The Lord , He is the reason for our being!!!! Thank You Lord for all that I have you have Blessed me in so many ways!!Trust & believe he will not abandon you!!!
Yeah, like he didn't abandon the millions of his chosen people killed by Hitler.

“Justice Sweet”

Since: Jan 14

Mount Vernon

#127442 Apr 1, 2014
really wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is what you wrote: "What about the examples I ask you to present?.Why are you ignoring the question ?
Give me one example of atheist committing MASS suicides or homicides .. You are the one that claims constantly that atheist are afflicted by mental disorders ."
What you wrote and what you claimed you wrote are not the same. Try to follow along.
Try reading the original question in my debate . You didn't go back far enough in my conversations to curious . I do respect your attempt at giving an answer ,he came up with nothing . Remember you have to go back a little farther in my post . Nothing wrong with following along, try starting from the beginning and you'll see how the debate originated . No worries .I've done it too. It does sound dumb to tell others to keep up when you are lost in the middle .

Nottingham, UK

#127443 Apr 1, 2014
"Let's not mince words: if the story of the Flood is to be believed, God is a moral monster. To say his response to the alleged wickedness of humans is disproportionate is a gross understatement.

Moreover, God engages in conduct that we would expect from the worst dictators, namely collective punishment that sweeps in the innocent along with the guilty.

Children, presumably, were among those drowned (unless we assume that wicked adults had no offspring) as were most all of the animals, who bore no responsibility whatsoever for the misdeeds of humans. Intentionally drowning a kitten is conduct we'd expect of some psychopathic juvenile, not a loving deity."

Ronald A. Lindsay

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ronald-a-lindsa...

“Justice Sweet”

Mount Vernon

#127444 Apr 1, 2014
Apostle Amber wrote:
<quoted text>
You just repeated the same conversation I posted, try from scratch and while you’re at it why don't you try from the Spirit of whatever you worship. i am gleaning my conversation from my Father God and you are just picking up like the devil the scraps left behind and calling it your creation. Create your own dirt i.e. create your ideas if you can otherwise don’t think I will give you any concern because you plagiarize me. Your meaning is temporary but mine is built on the rock of all ages.
Why do you see yourself as a victim ?

“Justice Sweet”

Mount Vernon

#127445 Apr 1, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Really ? You drum up some outlandish statements made by one man ,and try so hard to make it correlate to the debate . It doesn't .
What if I correlate every religion to a cult and started spewing off examples of the great cult leader Manson ... and proceed with examples of where religion lead those people . Or how about those folks that where lead by "religion " to commit mass suicide in the name of Heavens Gate..I could go on with countless examples of what people of "faith" have not talked about... but really did it.. You give me one event that has actually been on record , that occured by atheist in numbers ..You want to drum it up. Lets really compare the history of it all..
Here's the original question for "Really " to get on board ...
really

Central City, KY

#127446 Apr 1, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Really.. When did GOD change it to lure the pagans into the churches?
<quoted text>
It's actually, the Affordable Health Care Act for Americans.
The issue in this situation is not one of what should or should not be covered, but >>>why or why not? I personally think that dentistry and eye care should be included as medical concerns. That they are not is a non-religious issue.
The Affordable Health Care Act for Americans was the name of the House bill proposed in 2009, not what became law. What Pres Obama signed into law is called the Patient Protec-
tion and Affordable Care Act, or PPACA.

“Justice Sweet”

Mount Vernon

#127447 Apr 1, 2014
really wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a better forum for political debates. You have said earlier that the Sabbath day has changed . That is not true for every religion . Do you respect only what your church teaches or do you recognize other faiths as relevant ?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#127448 Apr 1, 2014
really wrote:
<quoted text>
The Affordable Health Care Act for Americans was the name of the House bill proposed in 2009, not what became law. What Pres Obama signed into law is called the Patient Protec-
tion and Affordable Care Act, or PPACA.
A rose by any other name... It doesn't change the point that there are CINOs and CINO CEOs who are complete pretenders. When was it you said that GOD changed the Sabbath to lure the pagans into church?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#127449 Apr 1, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a better forum for political debates. You have said earlier that the Sabbath day has changed . That is not true for every religion . Do you respect only what your church teaches or do you recognize other faiths as relevant ?
I do not recall Jesus ever mentioning a schedule change, do you?

Since: Oct 13

Lexington, KY

#127450 Apr 1, 2014
I don't necessarily see myself as a victim but I don't like to be treated ill from someone who misinterprets what I post when what I post is truth and not what someone with blinders on.
spaceship

Roseville, CA

#127451 Apr 1, 2014
Apostle Amber wrote:
I don't necessarily see myself as a victim but I don't like to be treated ill from someone who misinterprets what I post when what I post is truth and not what someone with blinders on.
What about this person, is it the truth?

Joseph Smith was “called of God, and ordained an apostle of Jesus Christ”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kentucky governor 2015 3 hr Kevin Ledford 1
Race Protests 5 hr Bobby 19
What is your FETISH? (May '12) 6 hr Jay 81
2004 bookstore (Nov '09) 6 hr Jay 6,165
Probation Officers that are raping girls on pro... 7 hr CityNPain 7
cowboys 8 hr stripclubsiesocia... 13
Atheist groups in Lexington 8 hr Julia 14
More from around the web

Lexington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE