Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
109,181 - 109,200 of 128,909 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Do you remember...
God is long suffering... Patient...
WAIT for it!
Oh, you mean that threat that you can never show is real?
Dude, your boogie man story does not scare me. It is a hoax.
When Muslims say you must believe Mohammed or else you go to hell,does this scare you? Take this outsiders test.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>A different opinion on what is justice and it involves killing, is the very definition of the subject (murder)!
Murder is an unjust killing. If we differ on what is a just killing, then we differ on what is murder. Do I need to explain this any more? It is just English.
You feel it is just to kill someone due to their religious beliefs, I do not. Simply put, I think it is murder, you do not.
Consequences can mean many things. When you decide to kill someone for worshipping a calf, American justice would call it murder.
Evidently you have a different and double standard for Moses. I do not. I hold the same standards for him as I would anyone.
It is a question of what is moral.
Now you claim the group would have been harmed somehow due to some worshiping a calf. Please tell us how? And please do not assume I know what is in the mind of yourself. We have extremely different thoughts. For example, I see killing someone due to worshiping a golden calf, murder. You do not.
America was not founded upon values like this. In fact, they are polar opposites. America has a fundamentally different opinion of what constitutes a just killing(murder).
Still waiting for an answer to my questions. Mainly, what harm would have surely come to the group if these people were not brutally killed?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Chroe , I do not remember calling anyone a liar.
That being the case , your logic falls of it's own weight.
What I have said is that , based on the evidence I have gleaned , I believe that some unbelievers on this website use multiple monikers.
The issue is really unimportant and inconsequential.
It should have been ignored , but wasn't.
The only one that has not jumped in the fray has been he who goes by the moniker of Q.
I am assuming that he has not done so , because he deems this discussion to be nonsencical , at best.
Actually , I am begining to develop a fondness for the old curmudgeon.
I have noted that we have some things in common.
Among them we are old and crotchetty.
Whatever. Typically, you've "gleaned" the aspersions which you wish to opine. Asserting a belief as a fact, especially when it contains no shred of hard (or even circumstantial) evidence, is nothing short of a lie.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Chroe , I do not remember calling anyone a liar.
That being the case , your logic falls of it's own weight.
What I have said is that , based on the evidence I have gleaned , I believe that some unbelievers on this website use multiple monikers.
The issue is really unimportant and inconsequential.
It should have been ignored , but wasn't.
The only one that has not jumped in the fray has been he who goes by the moniker of Q.
I am assuming that he has not done so , because he deems this discussion to be nonsencical , at best.
Actually , I am begining to develop a fondness for the old curmudgeon.
I have noted that we have some things in common.
Among them we are old and crotchetty.
Yes, Q has the same political philosophy as the fundies here.

You need not use the word "liar" to be accusing someone of lying.

Yes, the issue you keep harming on is unimportant. It should have been ignored, but you insisted on focusing on it over all other issues.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Still waiting for an answer to my questions. Mainly, what harm would have surely come to the group if these people were not brutally killed?
First of all let me clarify for you for the last time,No one was brutally killed.
They received just punishment for their disobedience.
They had agreed to the terms of the covenant.
They disobeyed the temms of the covenant.
They had the opportunity to repent. They did not.
Therefore , the penalty for disobedience was exacted.
If you notice , those who repented were not punished.
God had made it clear that worshipping graven images would lead them away from worshipping the true God and would be a snare on to them.
Plain and simple.
You , in your state of unbelief , are not able to accept the just punishment meted out to those who disobeyed.
The fact is that they intentionally disobeyed and broke the covenant to which they had agreed and moreover , when given the opportunity to repent , refused to do so.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever. Typically, you've "gleaned" the aspersions which you wish to opine. Asserting a belief as a fact, especially when it contains no shred of hard (or even circumstantial) evidence, is nothing short of a lie.
Again you err . one of your heroes SP confessed to having used multiple monikers on the harlan forum.
There has been a pattern to the postings on this thread that certainly points to someone changing monikers within minutes of posting among other evidence that I have provided.
What can be considered a lie was your assertion that I had stated that the finding of my dog was a miracle . I never made that claim and you nevedr provided evidence to support that claim.
Needless to say , I addressed it once or maybe twice and then dismissed it for what it was NON SENSE.
You guys are the ones that won't let go of the moniker issue.
You keep beating a dead horse even after I have declared it dead.
Anyhow , I get the distinct impression that Witchinthewoods assetion that"We are here to annoy " is accurate and to the point.
If I may add ...Possibly you are also here to agitate and create dissension and unrest.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all let me clarify for you for the last time,No one was brutally killed.
They received just punishment for their disobedience.
They had agreed to the terms of the covenant.
They disobeyed the temms of the covenant.
They had the opportunity to repent. They did not.
Therefore , the penalty for disobedience was exacted.
If you notice , those who repented were not punished.
God had made it clear that worshipping graven images would lead them away from worshipping the true God and would be a snare on to them.
Plain and simple.
You , in your state of unbelief , are not able to accept the just punishment meted out to those who disobeyed.
The fact is that they intentionally disobeyed and broke the covenant to which they had agreed and moreover , when given the opportunity to repent , refused to do so.
You are simply repeating yourself and not speaking to my points. I spoke to yours but you cannot return intellectual debate.

Having your brother slash you with a sword is brutal in my world. Not sure what world you live in, but punishment need not be death.

Killing someone for worshiping a god, false or not, agreement of consequences or not, is unjust in my opinion.

I see you supplied no evidence of the command by Moses or god. And I note you do not even show he said the consequences would be capital punishment. What normal person would expect such an extreme punishment?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you err . one of your heroes SP confessed to having used multiple monikers on the harlan forum.
There has been a pattern to the postings on this thread that certainly points to someone changing monikers within minutes of posting among other evidence that I have provided.
What can be considered a lie was your assertion that I had stated that the finding of my dog was a miracle . I never made that claim and you nevedr provided evidence to support that claim.
Needless to say , I addressed it once or maybe twice and then dismissed it for what it was NON SENSE.
You guys are the ones that won't let go of the moniker issue.
You keep beating a dead horse even after I have declared it dead.
Anyhow , I get the distinct impression that Witchinthewoods assetion that"We are here to annoy " is accurate and to the point.
If I may add ...Possibly you are also here to agitate and create dissension and unrest.
Harping to the point of obsession.
Now can you answer any of my questions or points on an issue that is important?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidently your god can be identified at 2 Corinthians 4:4. You are unaware of the god of this world. SAD! SAD! SAD!
I see you have run from the discussion of Moses having murdered three thousand people.
Very telling of the denial needed to have faith.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, Q has the same political philosophy as the fundies here.
You need not use the word "liar" to be accusing someone of lying.
Yes, the issue you keep harming on is unimportant. It should have been ignored, but you insisted on focusing on it over all other issues.
Drop the issue already.. I never called anyone a liar.
There is a difference .,, I may have called you devious and conniving.

I am not qualified , as you seem to be , to comment on Q's philosophy . I am sure he caN SPEAK FOR HIMSELF.

There are areas where we differ.
He likes to ride his motorcycle ,, I like to cruise in one of my Limborghinis , he likes to take pictures , I like to buy expensive paintings,,, Picassos , Rembrandts and Van Ghos.
He likes AK 47's . I like grenade launchers.
he likes women I like..........women too.
LOL

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for proving our Bible to be True, and
our God to be Just!
Your Evil will not be missed in Paradise!
I am just giving my opinion of Moses. How is that evil?
You just say crap that has zero logic.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Ding Dong.... your brain calling!
We do not worship the flag, or the Cross...
We ONLY Worship God...
The Cross is only a symbol of His Love for US, and to get up your nose!
Kind of splitting hairs with that cross thing. Graven images are symbols.
Golden calves were symbols of the god. Moses murdered people over this.
Guess you did not make a covenant so you have the OJ loophole.

Since: Feb 12

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Top 50 Killings by Yahweh

Drunk With Blood: God's killings in the Bible

1 God killed every first born Egyptian child
Ex 12:29-30

2 God sent two bears to rip apart 42 boys for making fun of a prophet's bald head
2Kg 2:23-24

3 God killed 14,700 for complaining about his killings
Num 16:49

4 The Amalekite genocide
1Sam 15:2-3

5 God killed 70,000 because David had a census that he (or Satan) inspired him to have
2Sam 24:15, 1Chr 21:14

6 God slowly killed David's baby boy to punish David for adultery
2Sam 12:14-18

7 Jephthah sacrifices his daughter to God as a burned offering (to pay him back for helping him slaughter 20 cities)
Jg 11:39

8 The Flood of Noah
Gen 7:23

9 When the people complained, God burned them to death
Num 11:1

10 Sodom and Gomorrah
Gen 19:24

11 God killed 50,070 for looking into the ark of the Lord
1Sam 6:19

12 God and Satan kill Job's children in a bet
Job 1:18-19

13 The opposing party is buried alive (with their families)
Num 16:27

14 Jeroboam's son: God kills another child
1Kg 14:17

15 Elijah kills 450 religious leaders in a prayer contest
1Kg 18.22-40

16 God killed one million Ethiopians
2Chr 14:9-14

17 The Midianite Massacre: Have you saved the women alive?
Num 31:1-35

18 Onan for spilling his seed
Gen 38:10

19 The massacre of the peaceful, unsuspecting people
Jg 18.27

20 Who is on the Lord's side?(Family and friends are forced to kill each other because of Aaron's golden calf)
Ex 32:27-28

21 God made Jehoram's bowels fall out
2Chr 21:14-19

22 David killed 200 Philistines for their foreskins (to buy his first wife)
1Sam 18.27

23 Phinehas' double murder stops God's plague (after 14,000 were killed)
Num 25:1-11

24 God burns Aaron's sons to death for offering him "strange fire"
Lev 10:1-3

25 God sent snakes to bite people for complaining
Num 21:6

26 God commands a blasphemer to be stoned to death
Lev 24:10-23

more see link....

http://dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.com/2010/...
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You are simply repeating yourself and not speaking to my points. I spoke to yours but you cannot return intellectual debate.
Having your brother slash you with a sword is brutal in my world. Not sure what world you live in, but punishment need not be death.
Killing someone for worshiping a god, false or not, agreement of consequences or not, is unjust in my opinion.
I see you supplied no evidence of the command by Moses or god. And I note you do not even show he said the consequences would be capital punishment. What normal person would expect such an extreme punishment?
Let me not address your farcical points , let me address your nosensical arguments.
You guys claim not to believe in God.
You claim there is no God
You guys claim that the bible is composed of fables invented by Goatherders.
Therefore ,according to your beliefs, there is no God and Moses never existed.
On the other hand , you accuse those whom you claim did not and do nort exist ,of having committed murder and mayhem.
To me , that clearly indicates that you are not in possesion of your mental faculties.
It further confirms that you are here to annoy and agitate.
I have my beliefs , you have your nonsensical arguments.
Since you neither believe in God or the Bible ,give me a legitimate answer as to why I should address your points and why you persist in debating that which you claim does not exist and is ,in your view, not real.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me not address your farcical points , let me address your nosensical arguments.
You guys claim not to believe in God.
You claim there is no God
You guys claim that the bible is composed of fables invented by Goatherders.
Therefore ,according to your beliefs, there is no God and Moses never existed.
On the other hand , you accuse those whom you claim did not and do nort exist ,of having committed murder and mayhem.
To me , that clearly indicates that you are not in possesion of your mental faculties.
It further confirms that you are here to annoy and agitate.
I have my beliefs , you have your nonsensical arguments.
Since you neither believe in God or the Bible ,give me a legitimate answer as to why I should address your points and why you persist in debating that which you claim does not exist and is ,in your view, not real.
So we are going back to this diversion?
I will answer your questions because I am not a chicken shit like yourself.
I do not believe your god killed anyone, and I doubt this Moses existed as claimed. But I do not doubt their is a bit of truth in the exaggerated tale. This truth is likely the part where the leader kills the people who do not stick with the new god and keep worshiping the old god.
What really bothers me is that you Christians think this was moral to do. So no matter if it happened or not, the ugly part is, billions think it was moral to kill for how one worships.

Part of my main point on this thread is to show how this god is unlikely because the story shows to be made of man, not a moral god. This story illustrates this point, well at least to those who have no blinders on to religion. You have blinders on. You cannot see what is moral and what is not.

What you seem to not realize is that everyone who ever killed for their supposed god is thinking just as you are, and that includes the 9/11 hijackers. They feel it was a just killing.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You are simply repeating yourself and not speaking to my points. I spoke to yours but you cannot return intellectual debate.
Hey Curious, if you are going to call my points farcical, at least explain why. Or are you just to busy worrying about someone using a different name?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

So the god of the bible says he has no name, and he claims to be who he is. The Jewish word for this situation is Yahweh. It is not a name, but people did call the god this.
But what I am curious about is, if god claimed no name, then why would one of his top ten commandments be, do not take the lords name in vain?
Seems to me it is a mistake on the part of the man they call Moses,(if that is his real name).
Point being, the god is man made.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
Top 50 Killings by Yahweh
Drunk With Blood: God's killings in the Bible
1 God killed every first born Egyptian child
Ex 12:29-30
2 God sent two bears to rip apart 42 boys for making fun of a prophet's bald head
2Kg 2:23-24
3 God killed 14,700 for complaining about his killings
Num 16:49
4 The Amalekite genocide
1Sam 15:2-3
5 God killed 70,000 because David had a census that he (or Satan) inspired him to have
2Sam 24:15, 1Chr 21:14
6 God slowly killed David's baby boy to punish David for adultery
2Sam 12:14-18
7 Jephthah sacrifices his daughter to God as a burned offering (to pay him back for helping him slaughter 20 cities)
Jg 11:39
8 The Flood of Noah
Gen 7:23
9 When the people complained, God burned them to death
Num 11:1
10 Sodom and Gomorrah
Gen 19:24
11 God killed 50,070 for looking into the ark of the Lord
1Sam 6:19
12 God and Satan kill Job's children in a bet
Job 1:18-19
13 The opposing party is buried alive (with their families)
Num 16:27
14 Jeroboam's son: God kills another child
1Kg 14:17
15 Elijah kills 450 religious leaders in a prayer contest
1Kg 18.22-40
16 God killed one million Ethiopians
2Chr 14:9-14
17 The Midianite Massacre: Have you saved the women alive?
Num 31:1-35
18 Onan for spilling his seed
Gen 38:10
19 The massacre of the peaceful, unsuspecting people
Jg 18.27
20 Who is on the Lord's side?(Family and friends are forced to kill each other because of Aaron's golden calf)
Ex 32:27-28
21 God made Jehoram's bowels fall out
2Chr 21:14-19
22 David killed 200 Philistines for their foreskins (to buy his first wife)
1Sam 18.27
23 Phinehas' double murder stops God's plague (after 14,000 were killed)
Num 25:1-11
24 God burns Aaron's sons to death for offering him "strange fire"
Lev 10:1-3
25 God sent snakes to bite people for complaining
Num 21:6
26 God commands a blasphemer to be stoned to death
Lev 24:10-23
more see link....
http://dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.com/2010/...
These are all just killings because god makes the rules. Now close that mind up and just obey the rules god made. If his holy ghost tells you to kill, then it is a just killing. No need to think about it with that brain of yours. Just do it. If your religious leader tells you the god spoke to him on a mountain and then tells you to kill your kids for having a graven image, just do it.

And lets have a book put in public schools that teach this lesson.
Student

Eubank, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

I beeline that bible study should be aloud. If they aren't bothering anyone then I don't see a problem. Most bible study groups, like ours, it's held after school. Not during.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

Student wrote:
I beeline that bible study should be aloud. If they aren't bothering anyone then I don't see a problem. Most bible study groups, like ours, it's held after school. Not during.
Well that's nice but I really would suggest you would do much better attending English class with a remedial spelling class tossed in as that will serve you better after graduation when you have to fill out the paper work......

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

133 Users are viewing the Lexington Forum right now

Search the Lexington Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 5 min cody 26,207
obama 8 min irene 1
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min Le Jimbo 146,808
Toke n smoke 15 min bored 3
Bear bars to pick up married women in Lexington? 27 min looking 4
what now?? 28 min waddle 1
Review: David Cash, D.M.D. (Jan '14) 38 min cash and carry 4
2004 bookstore (Nov '09) 2 hr BBC 5,447
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lexington Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000