Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 163326 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#83952 Jul 28, 2012
MirrorMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought a warship was something to subdue others with threats of great gouts of flames and sulfurous smelling smoke?
Oh, you said "worship" My bad....?
Great post.

“There is no god.”

USA

#83953 Jul 28, 2012
juggalo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes I wonder if all the books that they found and put together to make the bible weren't just some satirical comedy writings making fun of religion of the time I often wonder if a few thousand years in the future someone finds a box that's packed full of copies of the weekly world news , or some other paper like that, if they wouldn't think that that's what we actually believe
At the rate common sense is declining, weekly world news will be the new new testament(nnt).
Known fact

Cape Canaveral, FL

#83954 Jul 28, 2012
GoBlin-KING wrote:
Obviously the bible isnt true...how can god ...a perfect being create a flawed world, unless that was its intention? If it created a flawed world, and created evil and pain and sin then is it still ALL GOOD? ITS NONSENSICAL!
What you fail to understand is that although God is all knowing he knows the outcome of any action takrn by mankind. Example God knew that Adam and Eve could live forever right here on earth if they were obedient, likewise he knew the outcome if they ate of the forbidden fruit. It's in tthat way God knows everything. But can't we be glad he created us with free will so we can make choices. Adam and Eve made the wrong choice!
Known fact

Cape Canaveral, FL

#83955 Jul 28, 2012
juggalo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes I wonder if all the books that they found and put together to make the bible weren't just some satirical comedy writings making fun of religion of the time I often wonder if a few thousand years in the future someone finds a box that's packed full of copies of the weekly world news , or some other paper like that, if they wouldn't think that that's what we actually believe
"Juggalo" and "MirrorMan",
You two are perfect examples why God said."the wisdom of the world is foolishness with God."

“There is no god.”

USA

#83956 Jul 28, 2012
Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
You two are perfect examples why God said."the wisdom of the world is foolishness with God."
why would god use third person?
juggalo

Mooresville, NC

#83957 Jul 28, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>why would god use third person?
Maybe he's related to bob dole ...haha I always hated it when that guy started with his ramblings

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.pixoto.com/quantumm

#83958 Jul 28, 2012
gin-tonic wrote:
<quoted text> truly amazing!!
I thought it came out looking like an alien landscape..

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.pixoto.com/quantumm

#83959 Jul 28, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
Hey Quantummist I think your mistake has put you at a huge disadvantage, I think we should restart.
Yep... It did ... But it's just a game...

Check my board and see if I have the pieces right..

Right Now before that last move you posted...

White Side.. I have set three pieces in play..

P at K4
P at K4
K at QB3
and 1 dead K

Black Side.. I have set three pieces in play..

P at Q3
P at KB4
K at KB3
MirrorMan

Muskegon, MI

#83960 Jul 28, 2012
Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny you should mention it...While we were talking the other day He said the same thing about a book some bishops came up with several centuries back.

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#83961 Jul 28, 2012
MirrorMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Champions of traditional marriage. Gotta love 'em.
Adam had XY Chromosomes but his CLONE wife had XX chromosomes, so the DNA was different. Still, that reinforcement of recessive genes... the roots of religion become clear.
But, the story continues to unravel. Read on.
13 And Cain said unto the Lord, My punishment is greater than I can bear. 14 Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid;
(you could hide from God in those days. Peek-a-boo!)
and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.
(1. Who is "every one"? 2. Cain was supposed to have invented murder. If it was a secret between him and God, why was he worried about being found and slain?)
15 And the Lord said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold.
(Killed seven times? Wham! you're dead, resurrected, Wham! resurected, Wham!...)
And the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him. 16 And Cain went out from the presence of the Lord, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden. 17 And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.
(The land of Nod was already there and so was his bride? Cain was cast away from his family, so at least those two weren't related, but then where did she come from? Then the little family of three built a city...)
We could keep this up all day.... Isn't REASON and LOGIC a pain in the butt?
The Satan hooked up Cain with one of his consorts and finance services to build the city. Great deal for Cain that god cut him loose to work with the devil and build a financial empire. Shows Cain made out like a bandit and Yahweh was providing protection services also. I'm thinking God might be working with Satan as partners.
juggalo

Mooresville, NC

#83962 Jul 28, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>At the rate common sense is declining, weekly world news will be the new new testament(nnt).
Funny you say that ..I was at an "old regular" Baptist church once and the guy who was "preaching" was going on about what a holy man lot was and going into great detail of how lot was trying to whore his daughters out to get people off his lawn ..then he tells of how lots wife was turned into a pillar of salt then he says " and that pillar is still standing there today" I thought to myself ..where the Hell does he get this information ? Well after church I was at the grocery store while waiting in line I pick up weekly world news and start flipping through ..sure enough it says something to the effect of "lots wife found " and shows a pic of this thing sticking up out of the ground ..LMAO He probably didn't even have to read the article and he had all kinds of material to preach on

El Dorado Hills, CA

#83963 Jul 28, 2012
Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it true God wants humans to be nudist like adam and eve in paradise?

El Dorado Hills, CA

#83964 Jul 28, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>why would god use third person?
Trinity?
MirrorMan

Muskegon, MI

#83965 Jul 28, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it true God wants humans to be nudist like adam and eve in paradise?
The religious have been trying to shake off that sin of "knowing right from wrong" ever since Adam and Eve got kicked out. I'm sure they've even confused God with their mixed messages and silly phobias.
MirrorMan

Muskegon, MI

#83966 Jul 28, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
The Satan hooked up Cain with one of his consorts and finance services to build the city. Great deal for Cain that god cut him loose to work with the devil and build a financial empire. Shows Cain made out like a bandit and Yahweh was providing protection services also. I'm thinking God might be working with Satan as partners.
What clued you in? The "Good cop, bad cop" routine?

El Dorado Hills, CA

#83967 Jul 28, 2012
MirrorMan wrote:
<quoted text>
What clued you in? The "Good cop, bad cop" routine?
Wall street,banks and political insider trading.

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#83968 Jul 28, 2012
Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
What you fail to understand is that although God is all knowing he knows the outcome of any action takrn by mankind. Example God knew that Adam and Eve could live forever right here on earth if they were obedient, likewise he knew the outcome if they ate of the forbidden fruit. It's in tthat way God knows everything. But can't we be glad he created us with free will so we can make choices. Adam and Eve made the wrong choice!
ALL knowing would be knowing what they where going to choose.
Are humans the only creations of god that have "free will"? because if the Angels that saw how evil god is and rebelled then they ether have free will or are only doing what god wants them to do so it would be god who is evil......

Maybe you should stick to stories about garden gnomes.....

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#83969 Jul 28, 2012
Defender, YAA, and known fact have given new meaning to the term "batshit insane"
Known fact

Cape Canaveral, FL

#83970 Jul 28, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
ALL knowing would be knowing what they where going to choose. Are humans the only creations of god that have "free will"? because if the Angels that saw how evil godis and rebelled then they ether have free will or are only doing what god wants them to do so it would be god whois evil...... Maybe you should stick to stories about garden gnomes.....
Maybe you should abandon Satan the Devil before he takes you on down the road to complete destruction!

God’s wrath is being revealed from heaven against all un- godliness.—Rom. 1:18.
Is it too late for individuals to break free from Satan’s domination and come into God’s favor? No, for the door leading to reconciliation with Jehovah is still wide open. Anointed Christians, who are “ambassadors substituting for Christ,” are spearheading a public ministry by means of which people of all nations are being entreated:“Become reconciled to God.”(2 Cor. 5:20, 21) The apostle Paul said that Jesus “delivers us from the wrath which is coming.”(1 Thess. 1:10) That final expression of Jehovah’s anger will result in the everlasting destruction of unrepentant sinners.(2 Thess. 1:6-9) Who will escape? The Bible states:“He that exercises faith in the Son has everlasting life.”(John 3:36) Yes, all who are alive and who are exercising faith in Jesus and the ransom when this system reaches its end will escape the consequences of God’s final day of wrath.

Contact Jehovah's Witnesses in your area and request a free home Bible study!

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#83971 Jul 28, 2012
Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should abandon Satan the Devil before he takes you on down the road to complete destruction!
God’s wrath is being revealed from heaven against all un- godliness.—Rom. 1:18.
Is it too late for individuals to break free from Satan’s domination and come into God’s favor? No, for the door leading to reconciliation with Jehovah is still wide open. Anointed Christians, who are “ambassadors substituting for Christ,” are spearheading a public ministry by means of which people of all nations are being entreated:“Become reconciled to God.”(2 Cor. 5:20, 21) The apostle Paul said that Jesus “delivers us from the wrath which is coming.”(1 Thess. 1:10) That final expression of Jehovah’s anger will result in the everlasting destruction of unrepentant sinners.(2 Thess. 1:6-9) Who will escape? The Bible states:“He that exercises faith in the Son has everlasting life.”(John 3:36) Yes, all who are alive and who are exercising faith in Jesus and the ransom when this system reaches its end will escape the consequences of God’s final day of wrath.
Contact Jehovah's Witnesses in your area and request a free home Bible study!
Threats do not work on me, especially when I found out that my iron chariot will stop god.
Jehovah witlesses do not come to my house because I have actually read the bible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump: How's that wall coming along? 2 min Native American 244
To answer libturds claim that Trump voters regr... 16 min billy bob 8
Washington Post Says Trump Would Beat Hillary T... 17 min TRUMP DEMOCRAT 10
Donald trump 21 min Juan Carlos 1
The Russians: There IS NO evidence, nothing. T... 25 min UnPolitically Cor... 185
Morgan & Morgan 1 hr TRUMP DEMOCRAT 4
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 2 hr SweLL GirL 1,130
2004 bookstore (Nov '09) 16 hr Train 7,310

Lexington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lexington Mortgages