electronic cigarettes in lexington ky

Posted in the Lexington Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Sep 12

Versailles, KY

#1 Nov 27, 2012
We have a new electronic cigarette store on Southland Drive in Lexington Kentucky. What products are you guys looking for?

www.precisionvapor.com

511 Southland Drive
Lexington, Ky 40503
The Plain Truth

Henderson, KY

#2 Nov 27, 2012
The e-cig doesn't satisfy a nicotine craving so what's the point in puffing on one? And they are banned in non-smoking places just like the real thing. The e-cig is not without health risks either. Good luck to your business endeavor but I doubt it will be a hit.

Since: Sep 12

Versailles, KY

#4 Nov 28, 2012
The ecigs we sell are full nicotine. All reports over the years have been that the cravings are very well satisfying and our users switch fully from real cigarettes to our electronic ones.

They are used everywhere in restaurants, hospitals, and retail areas. We have had no reports that there was anyone even asked to stop. It surely happens but must be fairly infrequent.

Business is very great and very fullfilling to know that we help people stop inhaling carcinogens all day.

Thanks

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#5 Nov 28, 2012
The Plain Truth wrote:
The e-cig doesn't satisfy a nicotine craving so what's the point in puffing on one? And they are banned in non-smoking places just like the real thing. The e-cig is not without health risks either. Good luck to your business endeavor but I doubt it will be a hit.
"The plain truth" based on what? One disposable you bought from a convenience store?
I smoked a pack and a half a day for 35 years and now use ecigs. I tried some disposables from a gas station then bought a starter kit from V2. Now I'm using an EGO system. I don't miss tobacco or all of its drawbacks - chest and nasal congestion, smell, inconvenience, cost - and even though there are places where vaping is specifically banned, it doesn't violate the clean indoor air act or any laws written against tobacco use, so there are MANY more places I can vape than smoke. My wife is a non-smoker, and except for a couple flavors she can't smell when I'm using the ecig even when we're in the car together. As well, she is in no danger of second hand smoke since there is no smoke and no airborne particulates.

To be honest, the jury is still out on health risks, but the biggest claim on that comes from one tiny trial of 18 liquids (there are literally hundreds of formulations) in which one sample was contaminated. Just goes to show you should purchase liquids from reputable sources and not Fu Qu province.

The WHO has made a statement against them simply because some ecigs look like "analog" cigarettes - which is a pretty clumsy reason, if you ask me. Pfizer (makers of smoking cessation products, nebulizer and chemo drugs - they have a financial interest in COPD, cancer, emphysema, etc.) has kicked about a $M into an anti-ecig campaign - which is more than likely where your "Plain Truth" originated. Their claim that PG or VG bases are potentially harmful is pretty weak, considering those are the same bases medical atomizers have been using for decades and are proven to be inert through countless R&D trials of other medications.
The Plain Truth

Henderson, KY

#6 Nov 28, 2012
I'm not going to argue with you addicted smokers. I quit cold turkey 11 years ago. I rest my case.
vaper

Winchester, KY

#7 Dec 1, 2012
The Plain Truth wrote:
I'm not going to argue with you addicted smokers. I quit cold turkey 11 years ago. I rest my case.
I don't see that anyone is arguing with you. They are just stating their knowledge and experiences with these products. I think we all agree that there are some unknowns about the true effects of these products and I am sure that varies by the manufacturer. I am willing to take my chances with the ingredients "with names that can actually be pronounced" in the products I use.
I am completely satisfied with using e-cigs. I smoked analogs for 10 years and quit 6 months ago using e-cigs and haven't had a craving for one since. I still get a nicotine buzz first thing in the morning and don't feel like I am missing anything. I honestly enjoy electronic cigs more than analogs because you don't reek of smoke and you can change your flavors in a second. I must say it is imperative to do your research and buy a quality product. These gas station kits are really a joke if you ask me.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#8 Dec 2, 2012
vaper wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see that anyone is arguing with you. They are just stating their knowledge and experiences with these products. I think we all agree that there are some unknowns about the true effects of these products and I am sure that varies by the manufacturer. I am willing to take my chances with the ingredients "with names that can actually be pronounced" in the products I use.
I am completely satisfied with using e-cigs. I smoked analogs for 10 years and quit 6 months ago using e-cigs and haven't had a craving for one since. I still get a nicotine buzz first thing in the morning and don't feel like I am missing anything. I honestly enjoy electronic cigs more than analogs because you don't reek of smoke and you can change your flavors in a second. I must say it is imperative to do your research and buy a quality product. These gas station kits are really a joke if you ask me.
They say a reformed (fill in the blank) is the worst kind.
I haven't smoked indoors for years, and it's really a boon to be able to watch a whole movie or go out to eat with my family without wanting to step outside for few minutes, but what really got me started on ecigs was dealing with airports.
I have to admit that I've found a few drawbacks. The FFA has banned their use on planes primarily because stupid people think vaping is smoking. The closest store that carries supplies is a head shop that's over an hour away and has low inventory and high prices. Picking flavors is a bit of a pig in a poke - they don't always taste much like what the name leads you to expect, and even RY4 is different from one brand to the next. You learn pretty quickly not to puff on a dry cartomizer. Unlike cigarettes, there is a learning curve to using ecigs, and there are a dozen configurations of batteries, carts, atomizers, clearomizers, tanks, etc. This does lead to wasting some money at the beginning trying different systems and eliquids to find which ones you like best.
Even though there are several basic and introductory videos on youtube, experience is still the best teacher.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#9 Dec 2, 2012
Ole Plain Truth just likes to argue lol. I quit analogs easily a year ago and am now happily vaping a Provari (finally). You do go through a lot of equipment unless you get smart faster and just buy the good ones. It's still less costly than analogs and eventually the cost is very small. I have found it's much cheaper and better quality to shop online than locally. You learn to not run out!
Need to quit

Jeffersonville, IN

#11 Mar 11, 2013
The Plain Truth wrote:
You are talkin out of ur rear end idiot. Ur so special you quit cold turkey. Good for you. Do why would you even be posting anything on here, other than try and rattle people
Far

Versailles, KY

#12 Apr 9, 2013
Sorry precision vapor but you just started an argument

“See how you are?”

Earth

#13 Apr 10, 2013
Far wrote:
Sorry precision vapor but you just started an argument
WHO started an argument?
People who don't use their products and don't know anything about them in the first place.
hmmmm

Somerset, KY

#14 May 1, 2013
The Plain Truth wrote:
REALLY?! Shows how much you actually know about the subject.........Having quit smoking after 19 years along with dozens of others I personally know who have had true success with this matter would beg to differ.....It is not about money and profit....I t actually works and ALL the vendors I have met in the past 5 years have nothing but your best interest at heart....If you want to talk about scams, try nicotine patches and gum and chantix or nico-mints....please...good luck to all!
Lacking

Jasper, IN

#15 May 2, 2013
I have a vapor cigarette from the Southland store. It mimics a cig but in no way comes close to 1. Got 1 in my hand and I am wishing for a real 1.
Lacking

Jasper, IN

#16 May 2, 2013
My vapor cig from Southland was a gift from my brother, if I had paid the heavy price for it, I would of brought it back for a refund. Best fake cig out, but still not the real thing.
Lacking

Jasper, IN

#17 May 2, 2013
I have gone through the full spectrum of products the last three weeks. Patches,gums,lozenges, and vapor cigs. Patches left terrible marks on me but were the most effective in curbing my smoking cravings. I still want that kick no matter what I take. Ultimately, you just have to decide to put it behind you and move on. Smoking is not easy to quit period, might as well face it before you ever start. Dying for 1 as I type this.
s campbell

Henderson, KY

#19 May 22, 2013
Quit smoking using kit from precision vapor. Thanks man. I does not work for everyone but it does help a lot of people.
Vaping Vamp

Cincinnati, OH

#20 May 23, 2013
precision vapor wrote:
We have a new electronic cigarette store on Southland Drive in Lexington Kentucky. What products are you guys looking for?
www.precisionvapor.com
511 Southland Drive
Lexington, Ky 40503
I'd just like to be able to go to your store and buy more juice and clearomizers...but nobody is ever there. Spent $125 with you on my first visit. Drove all the way across town this morning..you were closed. Not a good way to run a business. Maybe you should consider mail order only? I love being able to sample the juice before I buy...because so many flavors I have ordered online have turned out to taste nothing like their "flavor". But I don't have time to keep running to your store..only to find it closed.

Does anyone have a recommendation for an online source of juice? Ms. T's Bakery has a lot of wonderful sounding flavors, but quite a long shipping time.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#21 May 23, 2013
Vaping Vamp wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd just like to be able to go to your store and buy more juice and clearomizers...but nobody is ever there. Spent $125 with you on my first visit. Drove all the way across town this morning..you were closed. Not a good way to run a business. Maybe you should consider mail order only? I love being able to sample the juice before I buy...because so many flavors I have ordered online have turned out to taste nothing like their "flavor". But I don't have time to keep running to your store..only to find it closed.
Does anyone have a recommendation for an online source of juice? Ms. T's Bakery has a lot of wonderful sounding flavors, but quite a long shipping time.
I like to support local businesses when I can, but the closest vendor is over 40 miles away. Maybe you could call to see if PV is open before you make the trip "all the way across town."
I order from EC Blends and am satisfied with the range of products, prices and delivery time. They have customer reviews of the flavors posted, but I still wish I had the option of trying before buying.
Vaping Vamp

Cincinnati, OH

#22 May 23, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I like to support local businesses when I can, but the closest vendor is over 40 miles away. Maybe you could call to see if PV is open before you make the trip "all the way across town."
I order from EC Blends and am satisfied with the range of products, prices and delivery time. They have customer reviews of the flavors posted, but I still wish I had the option of trying before buying.
Why should I have to call before I go, when their hours are posted on their website? I don't call Lowe's or Kroger before I go. They are open when they say they will be. The vet's office next door (where you are supposed to "wait" until someone shows up) wasn't even open this morning when I was there. Supporting local businesses is wonderful...if they appreciate your business. Being the only game in town isn't reason enough to disrespect and inconvenience customers who are trying to support local businesses.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#23 May 23, 2013
Vaping Vamp wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should I have to call before I go, when their hours are posted on their website? I don't call Lowe's or Kroger before I go. They are open when they say they will be. The vet's office next door (where you are supposed to "wait" until someone shows up) wasn't even open this morning when I was there. Supporting local businesses is wonderful...if they appreciate your business. Being the only game in town isn't reason enough to disrespect and inconvenience customers who are trying to support local businesses.
I don't mean disrespect, just offering a suggestion. Maybe I'm more forgiving because there isn't an ecig store within 2 counties of me. I've been to every convenience store and flea market within 25 miles looking and nobody carries EgO or juices - just gas station disposables.
Being a small business owner in a specialty store can't be easy - and I wouldn't compare it to supermarkets and big box stores. I hate waiting at vet's offices, waiting for a store to open a second register, waiting at lights with no cross traffic, finding out the big box store doesn't have the ordinary thing I wanted to buy - and it always seem like doctor's offices have me waiting a half hour after my appointment. Some days it seems like everything conspires to do nothing but waste my time.
I REALLY don't like to spam on Topix, but try EC Blends if you're that fed up with the brick and mortar store.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drug Overdoses 43 min Addict 6
Trump is a sick man nowadays 50 min UnPolitically Cor... 24
Radical Islam is NOT the problem 54 min UnPolitically Cor... 34
People Bumming/Homeless vets all over Lexington 1 hr get em 3
2004 bookstore (Nov '09) 1 hr couple 6,846
Mad Libs, 5 words 1 hr Chugger 1
Drug Houses & Dealers 1 hr BOSS 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lexington Mortgages