NorthEast minister takes leave

NorthEast minister takes leave

There are 321 comments on the Lexington Herald-Leader story from Oct 17, 2006, titled NorthEast minister takes leave. In it, Lexington Herald-Leader reports that:

Whit Criswell, senior minister at Lexington's NorthEast Christian Church, has taken a leave of absence after acknowledging 'inappropriate behavior' with a female church staff member.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lexington Herald-Leader.

skeptic

Newport, KY

#254 Dec 29, 2007
Concerned Christian wrote:
The reason I seemed to be confused is because I am irritated by people like YOU!!! Anyway, I do not support the elders, I think everyone one of them needs to resign and move one.
And as far as Carnegie goes, I am sure that you know nothing about that trip, considering it was for about a 300 voice choir that backed up such singers as Babbie Mason, who is a CHRISTIAN ARTIST, but I am sure GOD had nothing to do with that!!!! Anyway, I know that many of these post are from other members of the church, and yes SOME of them have not moved on, but a good number of us has!!
Quite the logical one you are... blaming your confusion on being irritated by others. Could be I know far more about the CH gig than you would ever imagine, which is, by the way, quite beside the point; as is that Christian artists were also there. None of this has anything to do with God allowing or not allowing, but that would take far more time to explain than either of us would wish to spend. Still I would ask, if you are so unwilling to subject yourself to the leadership of the church, and be under their authority, question begs as to why are you still there? I wish you well
Concerned Christian

Jasper, IN

#255 Dec 29, 2007
skeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite the logical one you are... blaming your confusion on being irritated by others. Could be I know far more about the CH gig than you would ever imagine, which is, by the way, quite beside the point; as is that Christian artists were also there. None of this has anything to do with God allowing or not allowing, but that would take far more time to explain than either of us would wish to spend. Still I would ask, if you are so unwilling to subject yourself to the leadership of the church, and be under their authority, question begs as to why are you still there? I wish you well
Well Mr or Mrs Skeptic, it seems that if you know as much as you say you do, then you are probably one of those members who are still angry and are not supportive of your Christian brother or sister, no matter what wrong they did in there life. As far as me still being at the church, it has nothing to do with the
"leadership", I am there to worship God. If you are only at a church for the people who are leading, then you are there for the wrong reasons. I am angry about what happened, especially since "the church" is suppossed to show love and forgiveness, but since I am not following a man, or men, and am following God, I am still there. I will so no more at this point, because this is starting to become personal!! This is not about me, or you, this is about the church, and two people who messed up, and tons of other people who are casting stones. Every heard the term, "don't throw stones if you live in a glass house", I know my house is not made of all wood and bricks, so I am not going to cast stones at any one.May the peace of God be with you!
skeptic

Newport, KY

#256 Dec 30, 2007
Concerned Christian wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Mr or Mrs Skeptic, it seems that if you know as much as you say you do, then you are probably one of those members who are still angry and are not supportive of your Christian brother or sister, no matter what wrong they did in there life. As far as me still being at the church, it has nothing to do with the
"leadership", I am there to worship God. If you are only at a church for the people who are leading, then you are there for the wrong reasons. I am angry about what happened, especially since "the church" is suppossed to show love and forgiveness, but since I am not following a man, or men, and am following God, I am still there. I will so no more at this point, because this is starting to become personal!! This is not about me, or you, this is about the church, and two people who messed up, and tons of other people who are casting stones. Every heard the term, "don't throw stones if you live in a glass house", I know my house is not made of all wood and bricks, so I am not going to cast stones at any one.May the peace of God be with you!
I do sense your concern and it comes through as genuine, but at the same time may I gently quest if you are not 'casting stones' at anyone what about the elders.. whom you say all should resign? We fully agree that forgiveness and grace should flow quickly to all who seek it... still, in spite of forgiveness and grace, all actions have consequences, which have nothing to do with forgiveness. God kinda made that pretty clear from the start when He delt with disobedience in the 'garden'.

Your posted assumptions regards me & others have no basis of fact & in some instances are without logic. This approach usually turns quickly into a steep and slippery slope. You may have already found this out if this is also the way you approach life from time to time. There are biblical options, by the way. and peace to you as well.
Scoobydoo

West Union, OH

#257 Jan 7, 2008
This is really sad. Why do things like this happen?
My Reaction

Cincinnati, OH

#258 Jan 22, 2008
WOW! Go figure...Paula is now the worship minister at Whitewater Crossing Church of Christ (formerly known as Westwood Cheviot Church of Christ). She commutes each week. The adulteress is collecting a paycheck while the former worship minister and his wife are struggling financially and fear a possible foreclosure. Hmmm...Let's fire the faithful, moral, godly worship minister (making it look like he "resigned") and hire the unfaithful, home-wrecking adulteress one from Lexington. Chalk another one up for the leaders of WWCC who are well known in the Cincinnati area for their stupid decision making and poor leadership abilities.

Since: Feb 07

Dayton, OH

#259 Jan 25, 2008
How sad!! It will be interesting to see if Whit follows her.
It will be just a matter of time before Paula wrecks another pastor and his families lives. It's like she goes from church to church destroying lives and causing division. Paula obviously has some sort of mental problem that she can't seem to stay away from the pastor. Watch out Whitewater Crossing Church of Christ!! Since the Church of Christ believes one can lose their salvation, maybe they will scare Paula with that untruth and it will straighten her out. Maybe she will become a true, born again, repentant sinner and do the 180, have her eyes opened just as Paul in the Bible did on the road to Damascus when the Lord confronted Paul about crucifying Christians. Paula is doing the same thing, but uses her crying and manipulation to make people feel sorry for her. How sad. I am praying the Lord will heal her and bring her into TRUTH REPENTANCE AND SALVATION. Obviously, she doesn't have it. She honors God with her lips, but denies His power and presence in her life.
a nobody

New London, OH

#260 Jan 30, 2008
This is why we left the Restoration Movement Church. Praise God we found a church where God's Word is preached and people worship in spirit and in truth. Our church is not personality driven - no one on staff is placed on a pedestal. The preacher is brilliant and gifted -- and humble. We learn so much. I'm afraid the church of my childhood is losing sight of the only one who should be lifted up - Christ. I think the discussion on this forum points to a broader problem within the Restoration Movement churches -personality/program/preacher/ music focused. Gag.
Sister in Christ

Dayton, OH

#263 Feb 8, 2008
I am assuming that most of the people reading this and writing in this are follower of God.

If that is the case, what do some of you think you are doing?

Just because you don't have to give your name in this, doesn't give you any right to tear people apart.

We don't know who, My Reaction or For the truth is or any of the others of you writing terrible things......but God does!!!

Since: Feb 07

Dayton, OH

#265 Feb 8, 2008
Sister in Christ wrote:
I am assuming that most of the people reading this and writing in this are follower of God.
If that is the case, what do some of you think you are doing?
Just because you don't have to give your name in this, doesn't give you any right to tear people apart.
We don't know who, My Reaction or For the truth is or any of the others of you writing terrible things......but God does!!!
My dear "Sister in Christ", you must be the preacher's wife and a group of the elders wives since you say "we" in making this entry, seeing that you are from Cin. Ohio. My dear, we are not tearing Paula or Whit down, they tore themselves down, and listened to their god the devil and their fleshly desires when the CHOSE to have an affair, and they crucified our DEAR LORD in the worldly community as well as the Christian community. Believe us when we write these things, we are being truthful and FOR THE TRUTH. You obviously haven't been around Paula or Whit to see the destruction they have caused and are still causing. Makes me wonder if they ever had a TRUE salvation conversion. There was no remorse or broken heartedness with sorrow over their sin, what they did to themselves, their families, and most importantly how it made Christ and the Christian community look. Paula kept trying to get her job back and Whit was hoping they would let him back in the pulpit after a wrist slap. They did not care one bit how their actions affected others. All they thought about was their own absorption. The only sorrow they had, was that they got caught. And IF you are a Christian I am sure you know what God says in Galatians 6:7. Here, let me quote it for you from the Amplified Bible. "Do not be deceived and deluded and misled; God will not allow Himself to be sneered at (scorned, disdained, or mocked by mere pretensions or professions, or by His precepts being set aside).[He inevitably deludes himself who attempts to delude God.] FOR WHATEVER A MAN SOWS, THAT AND THAT ONLY IS WHAT HE WILL REAP." God is right, He won't be mocked and Northeast, Paula and Whit are reaping what they have sown. And YES! PRAISE GOD, I'm glad He knows who I am, therefore there is no need to give my name. Does God know who you are? Are you sure? Do you have a personal relationship with God, through the sacrifice of Christ that was paid on the cross with the shedding of His blood?
Censor Police

Louisville, KY

#266 Feb 12, 2008
Anyone else notice some of the posts mysteriously disappearing? Could it be either the small posse of loyalists sheltering/defending one particular personality or possibly special interest church 'leaders' or both are at work here?
Censor Police is right

Cincinnati, OH

#267 Feb 13, 2008
I just noticed the missing posts this morning. I also noticed they started disappearing soon after the post about the new church that Paula is employed by. I have first-hand knowledge of Whitewater Crossing Christian Church and would not put it past their senior minister (David Vaughan), their children's director (Terri Beth Faust) or their elders (led by Ted Mensing) to try to snuff out any truth that would interfere with their goals. They are trying to grow their church with no regard for who they hurt in the process; 3 of their previous ministers who have been forced to resign (no, they didn't quit!) have left the ministry! All are good Christian men who would have prospered in God-honoring churches but had trouble working with a senior minister & elders who put themselves above God! Beware of this church's leadership...Pride goes before the fall!
And just in case you think I'm throwing stones, several people (including myself) have tried to "speak the truth in love" to the leadership of this church but it fell on deaf ears and will continue to do so until they turn from their prideful ways!
Praying Everyday

Loveland, OH

#268 Feb 18, 2008
Well, another week has passed and no one has addressed the Paula/David situation. I walk around on egg shells not knowing who knows about the "past" and who does not. In the meantime, I see regular members not showing up anymore,,,,certainly makes you wonder!!!!!! Wake up David!!!!!!
Very strange church

Cincinnati, OH

#269 Feb 19, 2008
Does anyone at Whitewater Crossing Christian Church (formerly known as Westwood Cheviot Church of Christ)remember when a minister on staff there was forced to resign because of becoming "involved" with a married church member? Is this Deja vu or what?! The difference is that the first time the elders were appalled; maybe it's different when the staff member is a woman! More likely is that since Paula has a name in Christian music, she may fill more seats, and for the leadership at WCCC, it's ALL about the numbers!
small voice

Cincinnati, OH

#270 Feb 20, 2008
Censor Police is right wrote:
I just noticed the missing posts this morning. I also noticed they started disappearing soon after the post about the new church that Paula is employed by. I have first-hand knowledge of Whitewater Crossing Christian Church and would not put it past their senior minister (David Vaughan), their children's director (Terri Beth Faust) or their elders (led by Ted Mensing) to try to snuff out any truth that would interfere with their goals. They are trying to grow their church with no regard for who they hurt in the process; 3 of their previous ministers who have been forced to resign (no, they didn't quit!) have left the ministry! All are good Christian men who would have prospered in God-honoring churches but had trouble working with a senior minister & elders who put themselves above God! Beware of this church's leadership...Pride goes before the fall!
And just in case you think I'm throwing stones, several people (including myself) have tried to "speak the truth in love" to the leadership of this church but it fell on deaf ears and will continue to do so until they turn from their prideful ways!
Hey Brian, you are where you are because of your own doing. God knows a man's heart and that is why you weren't allowed to come with us. Stop blaming everyone else - try pulling the beam out of your own eye before pointing out the speck in someone else's. You better pray our paths don't cross, my friend, because you will regret it.
saved by HIS grace

Dayton, OH

#271 Feb 20, 2008
Hey small voice....AMEN, again and again!
Sister in Christ

Dayton, OH

#272 Feb 20, 2008
You go Small Voice!
Child of the KING

Dayton, OH

#273 Feb 21, 2008
I am a member at Whitewater Crossing Christian Church and have been for many, many years. I have seen good and bad, come and go. In this case, good has come out of something bad...Praise God! To the young lady who has so feverishly tried to ruin the "gift" God has given to WCCC I have one thing to say..."Please stop. You are hurting others and making yourself look foolish". On one of your blogs that has since been removed (I believe) you said "Speak Lord for your servant is listening" I refuse to believe that God is telling you to be a destructive gossip, so you may want to rethink that one. Just some friendly advice.....
h-u-m-m-m

Louisville, KY

#274 Mar 8, 2008
looks like child.., sis..,saved.., small.., & who knows who else, have already formed a lil' golden circle of their own in Cinn. to provide protection, deflection, & create the 'right' spin for (as one called it) the 'gift'. History proves that all the above will be needed in time. Problem is, doesn't leave very much time to do the Lord's work.
Child of the KING

Dayton, OH

#275 Mar 9, 2008
Dear h-u-m-m-m........First of all, I didn't "save " anyone. I simply agreed and supported small voice. What I find amazing about the people in Lexington who are posting on this topic, is how much hatred you have for one sinner who, despite all of your efforts, has been saved by grace and NOTHING you say or do will ever change the course of this gifted person and her RIGHT to pursue God and to be all that HE made her to be. All of your stone throwing is starting to look like a good ol' case of jealousy. Tell me "hmmm" Is your idea of (in your words) doing the Lords work, include trying to destroy another life so you feel better about your own perhaps??? Appears to me, from all the negative gossip and useless chatter going on in Lexington, that in fact YOU are the ones short on time to do the Lord's work...why don't you stop pretending to "be God" and take what spare time you do have and read your Bible.....and then PLEASE let me know where it tells you to continually assault a sister or brother in Christ FOR ANY REASON.
Concerned Christian

Chesterfield, MO

#276 Mar 10, 2008
All I have to say to this is AMEN!!! Thank you so much. I actually am in Lexington, I have have learned the gift of FORGIVENESS, and I am glad someone else recognizes that that is the trait of Christian!!! PREACH IT!!!!
Child of the KING wrote:
Dear h-u-m-m-m........First of all, I didn't "save " anyone. I simply agreed and supported small voice. What I find amazing about the people in Lexington who are posting on this topic, is how much hatred you have for one sinner who, despite all of your efforts, has been saved by grace and NOTHING you say or do will ever change the course of this gifted person and her RIGHT to pursue God and to be all that HE made her to be. All of your stone throwing is starting to look like a good ol' case of jealousy. Tell me "hmmm" Is your idea of (in your words) doing the Lords work, include trying to destroy another life so you feel better about your own perhaps??? Appears to me, from all the negative gossip and useless chatter going on in Lexington, that in fact YOU are the ones short on time to do the Lord's work...why don't you stop pretending to "be God" and take what spare time you do have and read your Bible.....and then PLEASE let me know where it tells you to continually assault a sister or brother in Christ FOR ANY REASON.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2004 video info? Tonight? (May '11) 14 min justwannabbc 58
Lets have Donald Trump as our next President (Feb '11) 22 min Kiddo 8
Say No To War Say No To Trump 36 min War Monger 3
Missing you 51 min Hmm 7
cp 54 min PLC 4
DNC has erected a four-mile fence around conven... 1 hr The Truth 16
Don't forget the Clinton/Haiti Earth Quake Reli... 1 hr The Truth 2

Lexington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lexington Mortgages