kctcs summer loans PLEASE HELP!

Posted in the Lexington Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jun 11

United States

#1 Jun 10, 2011
Is anyone going to kctcs this summer? I was told the disbursement was on the 9th of this month and I haven't recieved it. Even though the Student Billing office said it was disbursed and the financial aid office said it was not. My higher one preferences where set to easy deposit. The quickest one. Please some one shed some light, cause without this money I am FUCKED!

Since: Jun 11

United States

#2 Jun 10, 2011
I'll pay you in gum if anyone informs me!
yep

Paris, KY

#3 Jun 10, 2011
I went to Summer classes year before last and we were supposed to get disbursement around the same time but it ended up being more like the 18th.I always found the most reliable source for info was on the KCTC website.
oboro

Owensboro, KY

#4 Jun 11, 2011
I'm in the same situation man. My KCTCS account said it was supposed to be disbursed on the 9th too, but it has not so far. I've never been in the summer before, but in the fall and spring the disbursment dates have always been accurate, so I don't what the hell is up. Let me know if you find out anything and ill do the same dude.
funny sunny

Shepherdsville, KY

#5 Jun 11, 2011
BCTC is never accurate in Finanical aid. IF they tell you one date, add two to three weeks. The boss, pendragrass is a total b!tch that doesn't do her job or make any of her staff work. If you don't beleive me, ask to speak to her sometime. Not only is she a b!tch, but she doesn't any know anything about FA. I corrected her several times.

that place is a total joke! Try to go someonewher else to school.
money

Covington, KY

#6 Jun 11, 2011
It will should be disbursed to your H1 card Thursday afternoon as long as your PS account shows a negative balance.
JgS

Lexington, KY

#7 Jun 11, 2011
Yeah well ky is f Ed up place to live anymore why not live somewere better

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#8 Jun 12, 2011
Nathaniel_Hunt wrote:
Is anyone going to kctcs this summer? I was told the disbursement was on the 9th of this month and I haven't recieved it. Even though the Student Billing office said it was disbursed and the financial aid office said it was not. My higher one preferences where set to easy deposit. The quickest one. Please some one shed some light, cause without this money I am FUCKED!
I have yet to get money before the semester started. I use higher one as well.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#9 Jun 12, 2011
I also am dissappointed in bctc professionalism. You go to class and they divert you to online studies. I plan on transferring as soon as i can get to uk. I scheduled one class and they had an asian teacher that you couldn't understand. They need to dot their i's and cross their tee's. Oversight of where their school is going must be by a blind man.
former student

Shepherdsville, KY

#10 Jun 12, 2011
BCTC is the most unprofessional and ghetto school. All they want is your tuition $.
Financial aid dept. is a joke. I went to Eastern and they got their sh!t together. However, BCTC loses everything and is soooo slow in processing your info. However, every time I go in there, it’s like the workers are at a party, laughing and talking.

The worker that I can’t stand is the chubby short black one with the long nasty dreads with sh!t stuck in the them. Talk about attitude and being unprofessional. She was so rude and inappropriate to me. How does she keep her job? That place might turn around if they would reevaluate and fire workers like her.
phd

Stockton, CA

#11 Jun 12, 2011
Go to a real school increase of a single mothers mingle club.
dragonflower

Shepherdsville, KY

#12 Jun 12, 2011
funny phd, but I think you meant "instead" not "increase".

yes, since LCC became part of KCTCS it is soooo TRASHY, all welfare to work ppl. It used to be that LCC was mostly for students rejected by UK and they could go there a few years and get into UK.

The merger really made that school TRASHY. I would not recommend anyone to go there.
Nozomi

Georgetown, KY

#13 Jun 12, 2011
You'll be alright, don't worry! Yes, they are sooo unorganized sometimes, but your loan should dispurse. I went for 2 years, and sometimes it took a week before they updated. Keep hounding them to make sure though
sexlex

Shepherdsville, KY

#14 Jun 13, 2011
the only person that can help you at Cooper is Miss Cathy, a pretty blond lady in her 30's. she is the only good one in the Cooper office.

Ot go to the onestop at Leestown they are also really nice and helpful. there is another cathy there and Miss Sue. they would help you.

Avoid the rest of cooper pppl, they are a$$e$
pay

Shepherdsville, KY

#15 Jun 13, 2011
Why don't you go get a job and pay for your own tuition and not except us TAXPAYERS to do and support your butt. Why do you need the extra money? Do you have a job? How about you only borrow enough to cover the cost of school and books and work to support yourself.
Candice

Clarksville, IN

#16 Jun 13, 2011
^^^^^ Well aren't you a big effin idiot. If you were cool enough to have ever attended college you would know that college students who are full time have a lot on their plates and don't exactly have the time to work full time jackass. They give that extra money to pay for books housing food transportation etc......If it wasn't for those of us who were in school you would not have a doctor, a nurse, a electrician, a plumper to come fix you toilet when your shitty ass clogs it up...Be thankful dumbass!
toobad

United States

#17 Jun 14, 2011
Candice wrote:
^^^^^ Well aren't you a big effin idiot. If you were cool enough to have ever attended college you would know that college students who are full time have a lot on their plates and don't exactly have the time to work full time jackass. They give that extra money to pay for books housing food transportation etc......If it wasn't for those of us who were in school you would not have a doctor, a nurse, a electrician, a plumper to come fix you toilet when your shitty ass clogs it up...Be thankful dumbass!
I did not realize that electricians and plumpers went to college....
Candice

Clarksville, IN

#18 Jun 14, 2011
Well they do. Its a trade college but they do! Have a friend that has been in school for 2 years to be an electrician.
Candice

Clarksville, IN

#19 Jun 14, 2011
ANd by the way I called kctcs and they say the date is wrong and that disbursment will be on or around the 30th. SUCKS!!!
kctcs student

Shepherdsville, KY

#20 Jun 14, 2011
was the loan split up with two disbursement dates? the 9th of june and the 7th of july?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ball Homes (May '15) 13 min Opinion 12
Yes, I am a Hillary Hater 15 min Hillary Fan 2
had to break up 33 min Cool 6
bathroom gender 57 min Joe the Plumber 21
I've had 6 abort!ons so I'm definitely voting f... 1 hr Tea Party 13
Is it illegal to pay someone to..... 1 hr Curious 3
2004 bookstore (Nov '09) 2 hr big daddy 6,774
Please do not vote for a racist 5 hr UnPolitically Cor... 54
More from around the web

Personal Finance