Does anyone know anything about ACS o...

Does anyone know anything about ACS on Fortune Drive

Posted in the Lexington Forum

Question

London, KY

#1 Dec 7, 2011
Does anyone have any info on this place. I hear good and bad things. but just wanted some other input
autoa

Apo, AE

#2 Dec 8, 2011
If you do a search for ACS you'll find plenty of commentary on this place. Do you think starting a new thread is somehow going to yield input that varies radically from what other s have already said?

If you are unable to do this then perhaps you should consider applying for a job there.

They have a very high runover and treat people horribly. If you can stick it out for a couple of years and get into a managment spot it's probably not so bad.

I have friends that have applied there and I have also. In both instances you will get a cut and paste rejection letter. My friend now owns his own company and I make a better than average living doing IT work for defense contractors all of the planet. We are both successful, but couldn't crack the door into this place. It is an impersonal and poorly run people mill.

Don't take my word for it...just do a search.
Question

Richmond, KY

#3 Dec 8, 2011
Yeah i did a search and i got info and all of them. I wanted this one the one on Fortune Drive. I want to know about it.
ACS always changing s t

Okeechobee, FL

#4 Dec 12, 2011
That place sucks (the one on fortune dr) my wife works there and has been there for over 2 yrs and they constantly keep our household in termoil with the crap they pull out there.
Like I said she has been there 2 yrs and has never gotten a raise bc the week she went up for her 1 yr evaluation they put a hold on all raises which she got approved for and was promised about 25 times in the past 14 months that it would start showing up on her checks and still has never seen it. Then they go and say that since they owe so many ppl their raises over the last yr that they can't afford to back pay them like they were told they would do.
They screw you out of overtime by telling you they need you to stay and at the end of the week it's we can't pay for it so you have to take volunteray
time off. Or they get you with we need you to work so many hrs overtime but it falls on a week where theres a paid holiday and you don't have to work so the overtime you do work is just regular pay because you didn't actually work 40 hrs.
The managers are constantly lying to the other employees about whats going on. Then get this last yr on xmas eve they had all the employees in there working and the project that she works for says hey it's xmas eve you can leave at noon then the dumbass manager sitting with his family in another state says no you can't leave bc we need you to work and make up lost hrs.
If you decide to work there best of luck to you.
BTW this is a free Public Service Announcement brought to you by me.
GOCARDS

Lexington, KY

#5 Dec 12, 2011
your a dumbass
ex acs man

United States

#6 Dec 15, 2011
who is a dumbass I used to work there they did me the same way that's why I left.
Thank you

Peoria, IL

#7 Dec 15, 2011
And no i am not going to work there..i have a friend who has a job there and she is in training for the sprint department now...and she loves it but it sounded like it is to good to be true...They play games and get paid to do really nothing...So i am just trying to get a idea of what is coming next..cuz there is no job that will pay you to do nothing for very long..
Wondering

Peoria, IL

#8 Dec 15, 2011
could anyone tell me will this fun work last or is it just for show...
medco

San Jose, CA

#9 Dec 20, 2011
Working at Medco at fortune drive is awesome
Wondering

United States

#10 Jan 2, 2012
The people that work there are like a big sewage pot of STDs and whores. They don't care if they break up marriages or even their own engagement works out. I have some names to go along with these alligations and also criminal records which I guess ACS doesn't look at when they are doing their hiring.
lifelaughlove

Dayton, OH

#11 Jan 2, 2012
Wondering wrote:
The people that work there are like a big sewage pot of STDs and whores. They don't care if they break up marriages or even their own engagement works out. I have some names to go along with these alligations and also criminal records which I guess ACS doesn't look at when they are doing their hiring.
lol I want to know names???
bs

Herndon, VA

#12 Jan 2, 2012
How much does ACS pay approximately?
deja vu

Atlanta, GA

#13 May 29, 2012
Wondering wrote:
It is like deja vu reading these comments. I worked in the beattyville office twice. The last time it was extremely bad. I hated it. It was all women or gay men that worked there. That was fine, actually the gay men that worked there were great. They didn't party, did thier job and then went home. But the women, oh boy, married or not they would party every chance they got. THen come back to work and brag about doing oc 80's or whatever drug of thier choice. They would brag about sleeping with multiple men and how good or bad they were. I hated every minute of it. If I hadn't needed a job so bad I would have left long before I did.
Management was just as bad. Only they didn't brag so much about what they did. THe other workers made sure that everyone knew that management was at thier parties. Management would say little things that let the rest of us know yes, they were there. I would say out of a 100 workers only about five of us could pass a drug screen if given one. Never did they test for drugs. Even on the government contract side of the office.
Seems like all the offices are the same with ACS.
I worked there in the late 90's, and I will say this, they were good about working with you for time off, and the benefits were good.
But even then the peice rate was set extremely high. So high in fact few people could even meet it. It was feast or famine then too. You never knew from day to day if you would have work shortage or overtime. You were required to work all overtime regardless if you where full time or part time.
he a

Lexington, KY

#14 Jun 26, 2012
lifelaughlove wrote:
<quoted text>
lol I want to know names???
yes i want names also
want names

United States

#15 Jul 29, 2012
Wondering wrote:
want names
worked there twice

Louisville, KY

#16 Apr 24, 2013
I would not suggest that anyone who wants a real full time job go there. I worked there for 10 months and was let go over some crap and went to another location and worked four months and got let go due to them over bidding a new contract. You can never get a full time position. That is how they keep from paying benefits. After my last position they wanted me to take $1 an hour cut in pay to take a new position. No way! Screw them. I never knew a fortune 500 company could be so bad to their employees! And they clear billions of dollars per year.
someone

Versailles, KY

#17 Jun 6, 2013
Sounds like people need to speak to their lawyers. Putting you into a position for less pay or less desirable working conditions against your will is called constructive discharge. It is illegal. File the suit and sit back and draw unemployment after you get a decent compensation package from them. ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A Day For Celebration 9 min elvira 3
Its Trump day!!! 20 January 2017 14 min Alf Alfa 3
mark chafin dealing herion on emerson big red b... 55 min Goan Learn T2 Day 10
upc guy 1 hr atticus finch 4
January 20th 2017 2 hr Luther 32
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr CriminalForever 158,056
Dems sow division again with the boycott of ina... 4 hr The Truth 1
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 6 hr Princess Hey 8,043

Lexington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lexington Mortgages