Steven Kiefer, M.D.
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Concerned

West Liberty, KY

#1 Dec 11, 2009
It takes a very special kind of person to become a medical doctor. Such a person should be easy to talk to, quick to listen intently and show a heart felt desire to help relieve any pain and suffering the patient may be experiencing. This does not describe Steven Kiefer associated with the St. Joseph Office Park. I am speaking for one patient only (who by the way is a Medicare and Medicaid recipient) which may account for Mr. Kiefer's rude, haughty and I'm so much better than you attitude toward this patient. I noticed however that Mr. Kiefer had the patient present two medical cards up front before coming in to speak disparaging to them. Apparently the patient's ability to pay was not what Mr. Kiefer despised - so it must have been the fact that this person was disabled. Whatever Mr. Kiefer's reason I want him to know that it isn't acceptable. If he would treat a medicare and medicaid patient this way how would he treat a homeless person with no income or insurance umm..........I think I know the answer.
the nurse

Lexington, KY

#2 Dec 11, 2009
absolutely untrue, a kind, caring and professional who saves many many live, you are absolutely false witness on your opinions here. Dr K is great and kindly considers all.
just sayin

Fairborn, OH

#3 Dec 11, 2009
Especially if thay have insurance card in their wallet ha
seen twice

Louisville, KY

#4 Dec 11, 2009
My wife saw him twice for what was spinal stenosis. She was having numbness in the neck and shoulder area, and severe pain in her lower back. After showing him her MRI images, he proceeded to tell her that her symptoms were not that bad, and that everyone has the amount of spinal impingement that she does. After some more tests were run on her, he again saw her with the same lousy attitude he did the first time. Telling her there was nothing that could be done for her. When we asked for a reference for a second opinion, we were told no, he wouldn't give us one. Then to clarify his findings, my wife asked if there was nothing that could be done, then it was between her and God?....he responded by saying "I guess so!" Needless to say, she was extremely pissed off, and wanted to go back into his office and really let him have it for the way he treated her, but I did hold her back! Have heard that he is about the best Dr in his specialty, and I don't doubt that one bit, BUT his bedside manner and demeaning attitude make him a terrible person!
was hurting

AOL

#5 Dec 11, 2009
FOLKS this man kinda saved me. he did my back surgery three herniated disk n 15 bone spurs. i would recommend him as i did i sent 4 other people to him and he was the best. i went a whole year with back aches and leg pains n he did the surgery and now i feel the best i ever been.
the nurse

Lexington, KY

#6 Dec 12, 2009
these negative comments on a great dr are completely untrue and false

“unapologetically liberal”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#7 Dec 12, 2009
Concerned wrote:
It takes a very special kind of person to become a medical doctor. Such a person should be easy to talk to, quick to listen intently and show a heart felt desire to help relieve any pain and suffering the patient may be experiencing. This does not describe Steven Kiefer associated with the St. Joseph Office Park. I am speaking for one patient only (who by the way is a Medicare and Medicaid recipient) which may account for Mr. Kiefer's rude, haughty and I'm so much better than you attitude toward this patient. I noticed however that Mr. Kiefer had the patient present two medical cards up front before coming in to speak disparaging to them. Apparently the patient's ability to pay was not what Mr. Kiefer despised - so it must have been the fact that this person was disabled. Whatever Mr. Kiefer's reason I want him to know that it isn't acceptable. If he would treat a medicare and medicaid patient this way how would he treat a homeless person with no income or insurance umm..........I think I know the answer.
go see Jim Bean, he's better and nicer!
Yup

United States

#8 Dec 12, 2009
the nurse wrote:
these negative comments on a great dr are completely untrue and false
How could you say that??? U are not in the exam room 100% of the time! I've heard bad things about this doctor, but that is hearsay, so, i am not going to say them on here. But if these people had a direct experience, then they should be allowed to give their opinion; me personally, i would never go see him after what i've heard. Rather find a different doctor or travel somewhere else to see one. Lou and Cinci are not that far. Same goes for UK; I'd rather die first than being seen there. I've heard horrible stories about that place, specially their ER.

“unapologetically liberal”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#9 Dec 12, 2009
Yup wrote:
<quoted text> How could you say that??? U are not in the exam room 100% of the time! I've heard bad things about this doctor, but that is hearsay, so, i am not going to say them on here. But if these people had a direct experience, then they should be allowed to give their opinion; me personally, i would never go see him after what i've heard. Rather find a different doctor or travel somewhere else to see one. Lou and Cinci are not that far. Same goes for UK; I'd rather die first than being seen there. I've heard horrible stories about that place, specially their ER.
Dr. Bean is just as good and nicer.
Concerned

West Liberty, KY

#10 Dec 13, 2009
Please know that in my initial comment on Mr. Kiefer I was not implying that he wasn't a brilliant doctor nor that he was unkind to all his patients. I have no reason to believe but that he is an excellent doctor and that if he chooses he can be very pleasant to his patients. I can only speak for the one patient that I know personally who was made to feel very inferior and lowly just because the doctor chose to speak down to them. I don't know of anyone who likes to feel like they shouldn't have even bothered him as he was so superior to them that they were just dirt. He was very demeaning to this person and that isn't right.

“unapologetically liberal”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#11 Dec 13, 2009
Concerned wrote:
Please know that in my initial comment on Mr. Kiefer I was not implying that he wasn't a brilliant doctor nor that he was unkind to all his patients. I have no reason to believe but that he is an excellent doctor and that if he chooses he can be very pleasant to his patients. I can only speak for the one patient that I know personally who was made to feel very inferior and lowly just because the doctor chose to speak down to them. I don't know of anyone who likes to feel like they shouldn't have even bothered him as he was so superior to them that they were just dirt. He was very demeaning to this person and that isn't right.
you are absolutely right, though. His bedside manner is atrocious and he's condescending. He poked around in my mother until she said forget it and left!
the nurse

Lexington, KY

#12 Dec 13, 2009
you all and your comments are ridiculous
codyjo

Huntingburg, IN

#13 Dec 13, 2009
I am finding this to be true of most Doctors, They are not listening to the patents. and are rude. This Doctor may not treat everyone bad, but I have found if you are on medical or medicaid card, they do have a bad attatude. what ever happened to the good old fashion Doctors who really cared for you and not the money? we are just a number, and you can get a second oppinion, dont let this Doctor get away with telling you no, it is your right, and call the human resourse and tell them you want a second oppinion and why. dont let these Doctors bully you into believeing what is a lie. make phone calls, this is your health. and we need to put more Doctors in there places, I have insurance, and the Doctor tried to charge me $30.00 co-pay for two mins of his time, I stood up and told him I want $30.00 worth, heres a list of everything I need you to do or cheack into for me. he didn't argue with me, because I stood my ground, they shove us in and out like cattle , as fast as they can. demand there attention. they get paid big money...
the nurse

Lexington, KY

#14 Dec 13, 2009
this must be redneck haven
seen twice

Georgetown, KY

#15 Dec 13, 2009
We did go to another Dr @ UK Neurosurgery Center. The problem we had with Dr. Kiefer was that when he was first interviewing my wife before I got to the office, he was very demeaning to her. When he saw me come into the room, his attitude changed quite a bit. Then upon the results of some more in depth tests, he still had a very demeaning attitude towards us both. We have good insurance, we are not looking for "drugs" as he was implying that many patients do, we were just trying to find out what was causing her problems, and how we can deal with it....either thru surgery, therapy, pain management, or whatever is available. We did not expect to be told flat out there is NOTHING that can be done for her unless it gets even worse, so pretty much just live with it until it gets to the disabling stage, then we might be able to do something about it. The way he was talking, it was like she had aggressive cancer and only given a short time to live because of no known cure! He just needs to be more aware of his patients and their feelings, no matter what race, sex, religion, wealth, or social status they have. It would go a long way towards making him the best Dr in his field!
John

United States

#16 Dec 13, 2009
the nurse wrote:
this must be redneck haven
It is spelled: heaven. Honey, if u are his nurse; he better find another one more qualified. Plus, if this is redneck heaven then you must feel right at home. ;)
the nurse

Lexington, KY

#17 Dec 14, 2009
look up the definition of haven, idiot.
cljar

Louisville, KY

#18 Dec 15, 2009
Yup wrote:
<quoted text> How could you say that??? U are not in the exam room 100% of the time! I've heard bad things about this doctor, but that is hearsay, so, i am not going to say them on here. But if these people had a direct experience, then they should be allowed to give their opinion; me personally, i would never go see him after what i've heard. Rather find a different doctor or travel somewhere else to see one. Lou and Cinci are not that far. Same goes for UK; I'd rather die first than being seen there. I've heard horrible stories about that place, specially their ER.
I take exception to the remark about UK as I am an employee there. Unless you have personally experienced care at an institution I don't feel that you can personally make such a strong statement as that. We provide excellent care, and though there are many who may not have good stories to share, show me any place that has a 100% satisfaction rate. Same with physicians. To say you would rather die than to receive care at the states flagship hospital is a harsh statement to make, when sp of us are working so hard to make UK the best it can be.
codyjo

Huntingburg, IN

#19 Dec 16, 2009
Oh Pleeeeze! UK Sucks in health care!
interesting

Somerset, KY

#20 Dec 16, 2009
Is this doctor in the same practice as Dr. Brooks is?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lexington wife 8 min wildcat 9
Time spent arguing 1 hr Meow mix 3
Attention moronic idiot liberals 2 hr Tampax stops blee... 3
Lexington loves Roy Moore 3 hr MN Liberal SOL 106
Puerto Rico 4 hr A Friend Called V... 16
Vintage/Bygone Restaurants (Sep '13) 4 hr Sally 100
********** Life is good in Trumpland! ************ (Feb '17) 4 hr Juan Carlos 1,439
3 UCLA players arrested in china thanks donald ... 7 hr Two cents 41

Lexington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lexington Mortgages