#3 Mar 10, 2010
Most people from Athens don't know how to use them fancy copooters

“Jody”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#4 Mar 10, 2010
athens girl wrote:
anyone from or around athens?
I worked at Athens School for 8 years. It closed a couple of years after I left. Were you a student there? My Grand daughter Skye went 1-5 at Athens. Maybe you know her.
OHIO COWGIRL

AOL

#5 Mar 10, 2010
off the trail wrote:
<quoted text>
I worked at Athens School for 8 years. It closed a couple of years after I left. Were you a student there? My Grand daughter Skye went 1-5 at Athens. Maybe you know her.
OTT, We have a little girl in the family and her middle name is Skye, how cool is that, you never hear it. And she has alittle friend named Whisper, I really love that as well......
Envy And Fear UK Cats

Clarkson, KY

#6 Mar 10, 2010
OHIO COWGIRL wrote:
<quoted text> OTT, We have a little girl in the family and her middle name is Skye, how cool is that, you never hear it. And she has alittle friend named Whisper, I really love that as well......
Too cool!! I know a Skye Starr first and middle names! Last name starts with an s too, she is preg with a baby Summer Starr, no shit, can't make this up!!
OHIO COWGIRL

AOL

#7 Mar 10, 2010
Envy And Fear UK Cats wrote:
<quoted text>Too cool!! I know a Skye Starr first and middle names! Last name starts with an s too, she is preg with a baby Summer Starr, no shit, can't make this up!!
That is cool, use to go to school with a girl called Summer and when I lived in Ky, I went to school with a girl named Rainy.......

“Jody”

Location hidden

#8 Mar 10, 2010
Coolest girl I ever knew,.. "Tender Lee Shade". It always sounded like Tenderly Shade. So poetic and feminine.(she dated my nephew for years)
OHIO COWGIRL

AOL

#9 Mar 10, 2010
off the trail wrote:
Coolest girl I ever knew,.. "Tender Lee Shade". It always sounded like Tenderly Shade. So poetic and feminine.(she dated my nephew for years)
Also a very cool name....
athens girl

Fitzgerald, GA

#10 Mar 11, 2010
"off the trail" yes i went to athens from k-6th. grade, and i also grew up in athens.my beast teacher was "mrs. Harris" i also had Mrs.Hall but i remember all of them.
do you live in campton now? how old is your grand daughter? im 37.

“Jody”

Location hidden

#11 Mar 11, 2010
athens girl wrote:
"off the trail" yes i went to athens from k-6th. grade, and i also grew up in athens.my beast teacher was "mrs. Harris" i also had Mrs.Hall but i remember all of them.
do you live in campton now? how old is your grand daughter? im 37.
My how small the world is,... Mrs. Hall had just retired and Mrs. Harris was still at Athens but planning to retire when I left. My grand daughter is 22, I'm 63. Mrs. Ora was principal when I started and Mrs. Boggs was principal when I left. Of course the office fixture, "Mrs. Manuel" was still there and I think she transfered to the new school when Athens closed.

Yes, I live near Campton, in Rogers. I returned to my childhood area when I retired.

Do you know Shella Granger?
athens girl

Fitzgerald, GA

#12 Mar 12, 2010
Sorry the name does not ring a bell. Athens has been turned into an antique mall. its open like twice a month. they have some really neat pieces in there.

“Jody”

Location hidden

#13 Mar 12, 2010
Cool, I'll check it out next time I'm up.

You know the kids put a time capsule in the bricked sign post? Hope no one moved that.

Mrs. Rita Day taught there a long time. She lives in the area. I bet you knew her.
athens girl

Lexington, KY

#14 Mar 16, 2010
yes, i remember her. athens has changed so much. i lived right in the heart of athens until i was 17.
do i miss it? sorry to say no! my dad is buried in athens cemetery. im there 3-4 times a month. other then that i dont go. i saw Mrs Harris a few months ago. she still the same.
view

Pound Ridge, NY

#15 Mar 18, 2010
I went to Athens High School in the mid fifties. I think Mr. Grider was principal. Had several relatives in Athens. The Cooks, Hardins, Taylor. Moved out of State and have lost touch with all of them. I always thought Athens was a neat little village.
me to

Winchester, KY

#16 Mar 20, 2010
i started in feb 1957 first grade to the 8th 1966 when it went to 1 thru 6. lot of old members their.
athens girl

Adel, GA

#17 Mar 22, 2010
Athens has changed so much. A lot of the people i grew up with are gone. to "view" i know some Taylor's and Hardins. Jack Hardin and his 2 grandsons. Mr. Hardin died several years ago. His grandson's are now in there late 40's. How about the Brumagen's or the Begley's do those names ring a bell. And the Evan's were "popular" to.
view

Bradenton, FL

#18 Mar 22, 2010
Jack Hardins Mom and my Dad were brother and sister. Spent much time with Aunt Ellie and Uncle Clay Hardin. Do you know any of Jack and Thelmas Children? I went to school with Cookie Brumegan. Her aunt was married to my Uncle Henderson Cook. I remember Scoop Cummins had the grocery store. My Dad Owen died in 1975 and my Mom Sarah died in 1980 and we lost contact with relatives. Do you know if Jim Hardin is still alive? The other names sound familiar but can not place them right now.
athens girl

Adel, GA

#19 Mar 23, 2010
cookie is my moms best friend. i spoke to her last week. clay was really good friends with my dad. we lived right across the street from scoop's store. do you remember mr. holland when he had the store.im not sure about jim hardin. the children i remember is, glenn (clark) castle and his brother tony.im not sure who there parents were.i spend a lot of time at cookie's house and ed her dad's.
lol

Winchester, KY

#20 Apr 2, 2011
can any one give me any info on the aubrey family from there??? is the aubrey hotle still there??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 40 min Rose_NoHo 174,723
Imperial studio apartments (Jan '15) 1 hr hans 9
Mueller just drew his most direct line to date ... 1 hr American 28
Black privelage 1 hr menacing 5
garden help 3 hr Pitbullmayo1 1
Need a busty lady or trans.... 3 hr bull 2
Word Association (Jul '10) 3 hr rolo 94
Adult Store 2004 (Feb '09) 4 hr Dirty old doc 48

Lexington Jobs

Personal Finance

Lexington Mortgages