JM Smuckers Jif Plant
what the

Lexington, KY

#45 May 17, 2012
we get it wrote:
<quoted text>
America is what counts.
Yes, in this particular instance, because it is where it peanut butter is sold. The post that I responded to said "few people in the world". Glad I could help you understand.
we get it

Bowling Green, KY

#46 May 17, 2012
what the wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, in this particular instance, because it is where it peanut butter is sold. The post that I responded to said "few people in the world". Glad I could help you understand.
America is what counts in All instances. Glad I could help YOU understand.
jim

United States

#47 Aug 15, 2012
Anyone know the plant on 767 winchester rd phone number?
jimbobbyjeffrow

Owensboro, KY

#48 Mar 8, 2013
Cuz fan wrote:
Shitty place to work. Managers are pricks that wont let you do your job. Bunch of back stabbing assholes work there that would slit your throat in a second if they thought it would make them look good. Nobody can report an injury there in fear of being fired thus there unblemished safety record. You can be the best employee over there but if you dont suck managements ass you'll be out the door quick. But you can be a complete dumbass and suck managments ass and your a hero. Place needs a union in the worst way!
its obvious ur just a disgruntled ex employee, lmao! i been there a year now...easy ass work, and im already makin 20bucks per hour.
cuz fan

Henderson, KY

#49 Mar 10, 2013
jimbobbyjeffrow wrote:
<quoted text>
its obvious ur just a disgruntled ex employee, lmao! i been there a year now...easy ass work, and im already makin 20bucks per hour.
Then your obviously a company suck that will do anything for management to like you. I worked there 17 years. When it was proctor and gamble it was a great place to work. I loved my job until 2002 when jm fuckers took over. They began weeding out proctor employees. Why do you think that average seniority is only 5 years. That hire and fire at will. There were terminating 2 to 5 people a month when I quit. Yes I quit. I got sick of management following me and hiding in garbage cans trying to catch me doing something. Why do you think they don't have a time clock? Because when all else fails they can say you left work early or was late getting to work to get rid of you and you cant prove no different. We begged for a time clock when I was there and couldn't get one. Enjoy your 20 dollars an hour while it lasts. My advice is to not go in debt for nothing that way when they can you ass you wont owe any bills. I made 25 bucks an hour when I quit. I was a zc and if you really work there you will know what a zc is. That place is a joke.
bro

United States

#50 Mar 10, 2013
Da crack done made you paranoid. Yo intials RD?
cuz fan

Henderson, KY

#51 Mar 11, 2013
bro wrote:
Da crack done made you paranoid. Yo intials RD?
Nope, Only RD I know worked in utilities.
needs info

Winchester, KY

#52 Mar 15, 2013
I'm scheduled to take the four tests at the bluegrass community college for pre employment at smuckers. Can anybody give me any info such as how long after the tests before you're called? Is it pretty much a guarantee if they send you for these tests if you pass? How much does the pay start at? What's the work schedule? Thanks in advance for any info, just got laid off my job and have heard this is a really good job. Thanks all.
needs info

Franklin, IN

#53 Mar 16, 2013
Anyone?
needs info

Winchester, KY

#54 Apr 2, 2013
Anyone at all?
Anti corporate America

United States

#55 Apr 9, 2013
worked there wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had ever worked there you would agree with cuz fan. Just because your anti union don't mean you wouldnt think the same as he/she.I agree, unions are not a good solution unless your talking bout that place. Management is constantly looking for a way to fire you if you work there. Why do you think they have such a high turn over rate. I witnessed them terminating an employee with 30 years service time for clocking in 3 minutes late. KY is not a right to work state. A company in Kentucky can terminate you for no reason. Management at JIF will let you know that as soon as you walk through the door. Did you know that Lexington Smuckers is the only smucker plant that is not union? They have at least 20 plants nation wide. 19 of which are union.
Amen brother. Most of the people that dog Unions are the ones that kiss ass and have no knowledge of a Union. All they listen to is what the company says about them. I can be walked out the door in any Company in Ky. Just because the supervisor didn't like what you had for lunch.
been there

Jasper, IN

#56 Apr 9, 2013
needs info wrote:
I'm scheduled to take the four tests at the bluegrass community college for pre employment at smuckers. Can anybody give me any info such as how long after the tests before you're called? Is it pretty much a guarantee if they send you for these tests if you pass? How much does the pay start at? What's the work schedule? Thanks in advance for any info, just got laid off my job and have heard this is a really good job. Thanks all.
The first three tests are easy. A monkey could pass them. They are timed but don't rush they are easy. The fourth one is Mechanical Sciences. It has some pretty tough questions but you just have to think. For the fourth test make sure you have a scrap piece of paper and pencil. Your going to need it. One question I remember is, If your installing a new AC unit on a new home, What side of the house would you put the ac unit to keep it out of the sun for the majority of the day? It gives you a pic of the house and a North East South West indication. Think bout where the sun rises and sets. Alot of the questions are about gears. It will give you a group of gears labeled a through what ever. Example is, If gear c is rotating counter clockwise, which direction is gear F rotating. Just stuff you got to think about before answering.

The shifts are all 12 hours. One week you will work Mon, Tue, Fri, Sat, Sun and the next just Wed, Thur. So you will work every other weekend and plan to start on nights. It gives you 36 hours one week and 48 the next so you will have 8 hour ot every paycheck. But there is MANDATORY forced overtime. You could work 60 hours a week or more during the vacation months. I believe the pay starts around 16 an hour. The have T (technician) levels. T1 through T6. T6 is only mechanics and team leaders and top out at around 28 an hour. Average employee is t4 which is around 20 and hour. There are three departments. Process, Packing, and warehouse. If you can, try to get Process. Packing and warehouse sucks. Process is much easier. Packing is babysitting and feeding and working on shitty machines. Warehouse is driving fork trucks all day. Process employees move up the pay scale much quicker.

Good luck, there is a very high turn over at that plant. Average Seniority is only around 5 years. They can people all the time. They love management suck asses and rats. If you have no spine and are a rat you will last forever there. Ive seen skilled mechanics with 20 years seniority get walked out over stupid shit. Way to many managers at that plant all who try to justify there jobs by writing people up for stupid crap. The first time you dis agree with management openly, they start a paper work trail on you. And the most important thing, if you get hurt at that plant, Swear up and down you did it at home. They have a blemish free safety record for a reason. If you so much as cut your finger at work, you will be written up and maybe even suspended with out pay.

When that place was Proctor and Gamble it was a great place to work and they went 18 years one time without hiring anyone. People who hired on there stayed there until they retired. Now that Smuck face took over, it just a crappy place to work. The pay is good if you can handle the bull crap and never get hurt at work and dodge management when ever you can. Im not a union supporter but I have to say, A union would help that place big time. Good luck.
needs info

Fortville, IN

#57 Apr 10, 2013
been there wrote:
<quoted text>
The first three tests are easy. A monkey could pass them. They are timed but don't rush they are easy. The fourth one is Mechanical Sciences. It has some pretty tough questions but you just have to think. For the fourth test make sure you have a scrap piece of paper and pencil. Your going to need it. One question I remember is, If your installing a new AC unit on a new home, What side of the house would you put the ac unit to keep it out of the sun for the majority of the day? It gives you a pic of the house and a North East South West indication. Think bout where the sun rises and sets. Alot of the questions are about gears. It will give you a group of gears labeled a through what ever. Example is, If gear c is rotating counter clockwise, which direction is gear F rotating. Just stuff you got to think about before answering.
The shifts are all 12 hours. One week you will work Mon, Tue, Fri, Sat, Sun and the next just Wed, Thur. So you will work every other weekend and plan to start on nights. It gives you 36 hours one week and 48 the next so you will have 8 hour ot every paycheck. But there is MANDATORY forced overtime. You could work 60 hours a week or more during the vacation months. I believe the pay starts around 16 an hour. The have T (technician) levels. T1 through T6. T6 is only mechanics and team leaders and top out at around 28 an hour. Average employee is t4 which is around 20 and hour. There are three departments. Process, Packing, and warehouse. If you can, try to get Process. Packing and warehouse sucks. Process is much easier. Packing is babysitting and feeding and working on shitty machines. Warehouse is driving fork trucks all day. Process employees move up the pay scale much quicker.
Good luck, there is a very high turn over at that plant. Average Seniority is only around 5 years. They can people all the time. They love management suck asses and rats. If you have no spine and are a rat you will last forever there. Ive seen skilled mechanics with 20 years seniority get walked out over stupid shit. Way to many managers at that plant all who try to justify there jobs by writing people up for stupid crap. The first time you dis agree with management openly, they start a paper work trail on you. And the most important thing, if you get hurt at that plant, Swear up and down you did it at home. They have a blemish free safety record for a reason. If you so much as cut your finger at work, you will be written up and maybe even suspended with out pay.
When that place was Proctor and Gamble it was a great place to work and they went 18 years one time without hiring anyone. People who hired on there stayed there until they retired. Now that Smuck face took over, it just a crappy place to work. The pay is good if you can handle the bull crap and never get hurt at work and dodge management when ever you can. Im not a union supporter but I have to say, A union would help that place big time. Good luck.
thank you so much for all the info. I passed all their tests and they sent me an email congratulating me on passing all my tests and to be patient that they have a long hiring process and that they should start interviewing people within the next 6 weeks and that was 3 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything. I don't mind waiting if I know I'll get the job cuz I got laid off 4 weeks ago and am drawing unemployment. I sincerely appreciate all the info and I hope I get a job. Take care!
sick of jif

Jasper, IN

#58 Apr 10, 2013
needs info wrote:
<quoted text>thank you so much for all the info. I passed all their tests and they sent me an email congratulating me on passing all my tests and to be patient that they have a long hiring process and that they should start interviewing people within the next 6 weeks and that was 3 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything. I don't mind waiting if I know I'll get the job cuz I got laid off 4 weeks ago and am drawing unemployment. I sincerely appreciate all the info and I hope I get a job. Take care!
If you have a clean background check, Have a decent mechanical and electrical understanding, Factory experience, and some common since you should get the job no problem. You will have two interviews. The first will be a panel style interview. It will consist of from 3 to 6 people. Depends on how many of them can show up that day. They Really have regular hourly employees on the interview panel. During this interview you will be asked the same boring factory interview questions read from a paper that was printed off the internet. One will be, describe you greatest achievement in life? Tell us about a time when you had to use team work to accomplish a goal? Describe how important safety is in an industrial setting? The will be alot of "tell us about a time" style questions where there fishing to hear what you did in your past jobs to achieve things.

The second interview will be with one person. The HR manager. During this interview he will ask questions out of his head. No computer generated crap. He will basically try to get to know you. This is the time you want to sell yourself and talk about how you would never miss work, your great work ethic, how important family is to you and how you need to provide for them. He will try to see if your going to be a "good ol company man". They may even ask you about unions. If they do, not matter what your belief on unions is, say they are the worst thing in the world and you would refuse to work in a union enviroment. It may help to google some negative things about unions before your second interview.

Another important thing you will want to preach in both interviews is safety. Say things like you would not care to report an unsafe behavior by a fellow employee even if it makes them mad at you for there own protection. Also say that no matter how minor an injury is, it needs to be reported to management or company medical asap. Say how important it is to have the proper PPE (personal protective equipment) for each job in the plant. The reason you want to do this in both interviews is the safety leader will be on the first interview panel. If you are female, flirt with him. He is kind of a freaky perv. Not kidding you. Speaking of that, the first and second interview will ask you how important diversity is in the workplace as well as ethics. Both of those big shots will be on the panel. Google some good things to say bout ethics and diversity.

They are looking for people who will be devoted to that place and make it there life all while being a family dedicated person as well with hard work ethic and flawless safety skills. Something new I heard they just started asking since this has been a big problem for them is, Do you think its wise to go out on dates with fellow employees and get romantically involved. Say no its not wise. Reason being, people who work there are really married to that place. There is tons of forced overtime and you will begin to see the women/men that work there more than you see your spouce. Ive seen lovers fights, Lesbian love triangles, Divorces, Pissed off husbands waiting in the parking lot etc...

One more thing, If you are an attractive woman, it has always been JIF's unwritten rule of thumb not to hire you because you will be a distraction to a bunch of sexually charged lonely men. So if this is you, dress in baggy clothes or something. How do I know so much? I was on the hiring panel for 10 years. Good luck.
Patrick G Braden

Lexington, KY

#59 May 2, 2013
Employed wrote:
I work for JIF. And I am not sure what nasty stuff you are referring to. And the only smell anyone gets is roasted nuts. If you dont like that smell then I can see y you dont like peanut butter. Anyway, the company is a good place to work for. Real good pay for a fairly easy job most of the time, then theres maintenance time, and it can suck big time.
Who is the buyer that took Ernie Banes place
I used to sell to them
yea
#60 May 2, 2013
Patrick G Braden wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is the buyer that took Ernie Banes place
I used to sell to them
attractive girl named amanda. her entire family has worked there at some point.
lol

United States

#61 May 2, 2013
Nasty is what she is!
yea
#62 May 3, 2013
lol wrote:
Nasty is what she is!
how is she nasty? she smells to good to be nasty
believe me

Henderson, KY

#63 May 3, 2013
bill wrote:
Just FYI.... 1-2% of peanut butter is made up of tiny insects.
It's true..... Look it up
That's right. So is flour. Remember that when devouring your bread, pastries, cakes, etc.
believe me

Henderson, KY

#64 May 3, 2013
Gov't regulations allow a certain percentage of rat droppings in the peanut butter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
anyone know "nikki" kristen perez from 7th str... (Jan '10) 54 min Jennifer 58
Tim couch 1 hr Raiders 3
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Searching for him 166,390
139 North Hanover Ave Bill Hall's Rooming House... 2 hr John 1
News Man Arrested, Released On Animal Cruelty Accusa... 2 hr Searching for him 6
Asian destruction in US 2 hr Asdfg12345 1
finally 2 hr truth 1
Gray To Move Antebellum Monuments 4 hr RAPIDFIRE 196
2004 bookstore (Nov '09) 4 hr no name 7,532

Lexington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lexington Mortgages