Guard Accused Of Stealing From Lexing...

Guard Accused Of Stealing From Lexington Inmate

There are 7 comments on the WKYT-TV Lexington story from Oct 28, 2007, titled Guard Accused Of Stealing From Lexington Inmate. In it, WKYT-TV Lexington reports that:

A Fayette County corrections officer is charged with official misconduct after investigators say he took money from an inmate at the Fayette County Detention Center. via WKYT-TV Lexington

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WKYT-TV Lexington.

concerned

AOL

#1 Oct 29, 2007
he should be charged with extrtion and sent to prison. zero tolerance for jail guards. this probably goes on all the time. people are just to scared to come forward. what a shame,
concerned

AOL

#2 Oct 29, 2007
throw the book at this theif..it should be extortion.
think about it

Lexington, KY

#3 Oct 29, 2007
It depends on how he took the money. And it should be "thief"!
Jim Kammer

Flemingsburg, KY

#4 Oct 31, 2007
The guard that was arrested in the sting is the same guard who had his bell rang by a inmate who he trusted with his jaw a little too much. Get a little coky and BLAM! John McCoy a long time guard admitted to his crime and was charged. About four other guards are on the hook. Concerned is correct. It should be a extortion charge. Look for the LFUCG to cover this up. When guards were found to be having sex with inmates they let them off the hook to save face. That too was extortion, if not rape. Maybe the FBI will look at this too?
Ron

Flemingsburg, KY

#5 Oct 31, 2007
Jim, your gonna have a bad day,come see me in the am.
think about it

Lexington, KY

#6 Nov 12, 2007
It may be extortion. But the article doesn't say how the money was taken and no one else has posted information about that either.
I agree though...you've got to have an outside agency look into these things if only to refute any appearance of impropriety.
Valintine

Flemingsburg, KY

#7 Nov 14, 2007
I thought the article stated that the guard was arrested at the atm inside a store after he was handed the money. At any rate the second guard admitted to it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Leggings and yoga pants 1 min thomas j 8
Your Sunday Sermon 2 min ANTITHEIST 13
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 13 min Pikeville Parent 163,803
I am soooo jealous!!! 57 min Attikis 5
Add a word, Drop a word "Dirty" version 1 hr SweLL GirL 445
Susan Ward 2 hr coworker 10
Megan at Camelot East 2 hr Fogle 1

Lexington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lexington Mortgages