First Prev
of 2
Next Last
AvgJoe

Mount Washington, KY

#1 Oct 12, 2012
I have been pretty much on the fence regarding this election. Tweedledee and Tweedledum, you know. I'm not thrilled with either candidate....but Biden swayed me this evening for a number of reasons. It's a little early to get into them all, but I thought he did a great job.

In fact, what troubles me is that I'm still not a fan of either Obama or Romney....but I discovered that I really, really like Biden. I think I'd vote for him and it would be the first time I've ever *not* voted Republican.
Nutz

Harrodsburg, KY

#2 Oct 12, 2012
So you enjoy being lied to?

When he was rambling about, "I was there", when the votes to go to Afghanistan and Iraq occurred, he said he voted against them. He should probably check his own record.

http://votesmart.org/candidate/key-votes/5327...

Check his vote FOR Iraq War- HJ Res 114

Check his vote FOR Afghanistan- SJ Res 23

Seems lying comes natural to him and Obama.
what a joke

Columbus, OH

#3 Oct 12, 2012
Biden is a buffoon.
Bologna

Mount Sterling, KY

#4 Oct 12, 2012
what a joke wrote:
Biden is a buffoon.
And his boss is a baboon.
yep

Lakeland, FL

#5 Oct 12, 2012
Biden told the truth. Sometimes the truth hurts. Deal with it.
Nutz

Harrodsburg, KY

#6 Oct 12, 2012
yep wrote:
Biden told the truth. Sometimes the truth hurts. Deal with it.
He lied. See above post and link.
The Truth

United States

#7 Oct 12, 2012
Nutz wrote:
<quoted text>He lied. See above post and link.
Dude he called out Paul so hard!
He had Paul's side memorized better than Paul himself!!
Nutz

Harrodsburg, KY

#8 Oct 12, 2012
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude he called out Paul so hard!
He had Paul's side memorized better than Paul himself!!
He's a liar, same as you.
Precisely

United States

#9 Oct 12, 2012
When you cannot defend your stance on issues, you merely attack the other side.

Biden is a joke!
PATRIOT

Carmel, ME

#10 Oct 12, 2012
Nutz wrote:
So you enjoy being lied to?
When he was rambling about, "I was there", when the votes to go to Afghanistan and Iraq occurred, he said he voted against them. He should probably check his own record.
http://votesmart.org/candidate/key-votes/5327...
Check his vote FOR Iraq War- HJ Res 114
Check his vote FOR Afghanistan- SJ Res 23
Seems lying comes natural to him and Obama.
I actually went to this cite. All of it.

Biden voted against releasing funds for economic stabilization, then has calls the Romney/Ryan plan to stabilize and grow the economy non-existent. By the look of the vote 52 opposed 42 for, he voted against a Republican plan he claims never existed.

Continuing Appropriations and a Defense Authorization Bill, he didn't even vote.

Funding Amendment to Aids, Tuberculosis, and Malaria Bill, voted against it. So much for helping the poor and middle class.

Voted against Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act Amendments, then defends Obama doing all that could be done to protect US embassies overseas. Even tried to blame Ryan for voting a cut in funding.

Here's the one truth and company ought to swallow hard. Voted to Increase Taxes on Profits, Rescinding Tax Deductions and Increasing "TAX INCENTIVES" for Alternative Energy Programs for "OIL COMPANIES". That's a vote for the biggest "CORPORATIONS" in the world.

(More to come).
PATRIOT

Carmel, ME

#11 Oct 12, 2012
Other bills Biden voted against in 1995-Clinton.

Legal Reform Bill
Welfare Reform Bill
Defense Bill
Foreign Relations Bill
Interior Dept. Appropriations
And
The Veterans Affairs Appropriations

That's right Vets, he voted against us.

Then turned around and voted to deploy US Armed Forces to BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINIA.

Send us of to fight in a foreign war then told the Vets to f-off.

Then turned around and voted against the Flag Desecration Bill.

And he and the Democrats have the balls to jump Republicans about wars and spending.
Nutz

Harrodsburg, KY

#12 Oct 12, 2012
PATRIOT wrote:
Other bills Biden voted against in 1995-Clinton.
Legal Reform Bill
Welfare Reform Bill
Defense Bill
Foreign Relations Bill
Interior Dept. Appropriations
And
The Veterans Affairs Appropriations
That's right Vets, he voted against us.
Then turned around and voted to deploy US Armed Forces to BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINIA.
Send us of to fight in a foreign war then told the Vets to f-off.
Then turned around and voted against the Flag Desecration Bill.
And he and the Democrats have the balls to jump Republicans about wars and spending.
As I suspected, crickets from the Obama jock swinger the (un)truth.

Those Libtards really hate facts.
PATRIOT

Carmel, ME

#13 Oct 12, 2012
Nutz wrote:
<quoted text>
As I suspected, crickets from the Obama jock swinger the (un)truth.
Those Libtards really hate facts.
I'm glad you posted the cite. I got a the clear picture of Biden the hypocrite, and an even clearer picture of when truth is really not the truth.
Lying

Jeffersonville, IN

#14 Oct 12, 2012
You might want to check out Fast Check on www.wymt.com and read about the slip ups on both parts. My concern is the lying done by Biden on the Embassy attack and Medicare. Read it or yourself. My mind is made up now for sure. It sure isn't for Obama.
PATRIOT

Carmel, ME

#15 Oct 12, 2012
Lying wrote:
You might want to check out Fast Check on www.wymt.com and read about the slip ups on both parts. My concern is the lying done by Biden on the Embassy attack and Medicare. Read it or yourself. My mind is made up now for sure. It sure isn't for Obama.
Just checked this web site out. It amazing how much Biden can lie and sleep well when someone died because of the State Department foulup. But to accuse Ryan of being responsible by saying Ryan stopped the funding for the security is poor character for a US Vice President. Good tipoff on Obama.
AvgJoe

Mount Washington, KY

#16 Oct 12, 2012
They all lie, they all screw up sometimes, and they all mean well for the most part. I was just most impressed by Biden's appearance of sincerity and his preparedness, and his ability to effectively communicate his ideas (those were the very things for which I was unimpressed about Obama).

No one can truly know who will be the best for the coming years. There are just too many variables. We can only base our decisions on gut instinct, first; second; and third impressions, and those who most match our typical ideologies. Biden did all those for me. This will be the first year in 25 years of voting that I've ever voted Democrat.
PATRIOT

Carmel, ME

#17 Oct 12, 2012
AvgJoe wrote:
They all lie, they all screw up sometimes, and they all mean well for the most part. I was just most impressed by Biden's appearance of sincerity and his preparedness, and his ability to effectively communicate his ideas (those were the very things for which I was unimpressed about Obama).
No one can truly know who will be the best for the coming years. There are just too many variables. We can only base our decisions on gut instinct, first; second; and third impressions, and those who most match our typical ideologies. Biden did all those for me. This will be the first year in 25 years of voting that I've ever voted Democrat.
You're vote is you vote. Nothing of a complaint from me.

Why I won't vote for Joe Biden is this simple. During the debate he referred to a letter that was written him by his friend Paul Ryan. The letter was asking for stimulus money for Ryan's district in Wisconsin.

Biden take a personal, confidential letter between two political colleagues and makes it sound like Ryan was asking for some special treatment in getting Obama stimulus funds. Even implied that Ryan is only against Obama economic policy when it doesn't affect him and Wisconsin.

If you and I were "friends" and work colleagues and you sent me an e-mail and ask for some money as a colleague and friend, and I saw that you got it, what kind of friend would you think I was if later, when the confidential e-mail you sent me, was used on this Topix forum to falsely expose you so that I could derive some personal benefit from that exposure?

My position now, is that Biden will do anything, to anyone, to advance his political agenda. He breached a trust between himself and a Congressional colleague by taking a normal political practice of attempting to what would benefit Wisconsin folks best. and skewed it around in an attempt to make it look like some sort of shady exercise in political corruption.(Now mind you, any good, decent, corrupt politician should never try to pull off a shady, illegal, money deal by actually writing the request down on paper).

Biden cannot be trusted, and his act of throwing a "friend" under the wheels of trash politics will be noticed in the halls of Congress in the very near future. He better hope that if he and Obama are successful in winning re-election, that the Republicans don't take the majority in the House and Senate.

His deal making days are over.
The Truth

Lexington, KY

#18 Oct 12, 2012
I saw this on the Internet so it must be true.
Romney favors bills that outsource jobs.
Romney will legalize polygamy because he's a magical panty wearing Mormon.
His dad was a Mexican immigrant/
AvgJoe

Mount Washington, KY

#19 Oct 12, 2012
PATRIOT wrote:
<quoted text>
During the debate he referred to a letter that was written him by his friend Paul Ryan. The letter was asking for stimulus money for Ryan's district in Wisconsin.
Biden take a personal, confidential letter between two political colleagues and makes it sound like Ryan was asking for some special treatment in getting Obama stimulus funds. Even implied that Ryan is only against Obama economic policy when it doesn't affect him and Wisconsin.
While I may be wrong, I wasn't under the impression that this letter was either private, secretive, or even as a special favor. It was a typical letter akin to grant writing. Ryan was wanting to make use of the financial programs which were available at the time and which would be useful for his state. I don't even think Ryan necessarily did anything wrong in this case either. This is akin someone having been on welfare for a short time and then being against the welfare program in general. I think you can hold both positions without being a hypocrite. With that said, it is good fodder for a debate and it gave the impression of Ryan being hypocritical. It's just mud slinging which all politicians do, unfortunately.
You know, I really, really disliked Ross Perot years ago. He was the single most annoying candidate I can remember. However, I remember that he took the time and really explained his position and plans. I respected that. Admittedly, I don't even remember the details of his plans so I don't know if they were good or bad -- but that's not my point here. My point is that I wish there'd be less talking about each other and more in depth details of their ideas. That tactic, though, won't win elections, unfortunately. Still, the burden is upon the shoulders of the politicians to help Americans understand what they wish to do.
Bologna

Mount Sterling, KY

#20 Oct 12, 2012
The Truth wrote:
I saw this on the Internet so it must be true.
Romney favors bills that outsource jobs.
Romney will legalize polygamy because he's a magical panty wearing Mormon.
His dad was a Mexican immigrant/
So what are you.My guess is you don't no.I bet your a Communist Muslim. Or a test tube baby. Which makes you a janitor in a drum.go get you a 40 ounce and stand on Georgetown and 7th street and try and find your daddy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 min ChromiuMan 149,870
trump is awsome 8 min John 14
Bills speech 11 min Vince 8
Trump: The beginning of a DICTATOR? 1 hr dude 4
What's Trump going to do 2 hr Linda 4
Trump thinks Kaine is New Jersey Governor Lol 2 hr Molly 1
Sexual Assult "Survivor" Lena Dunham to speak a... 2 hr Molly 16

Lexington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lexington Mortgages