To the morons clamoring for more gun ...

To the morons clamoring for more gun laws;

Posted in the Lexington Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
NAH

Louisville, KY

#1 Dec 15, 2012
They don't work. Perhaps we should make murder a crime cause it's bad and we don't want people killing other people. You make more gun laws and it does nothing to deter a criminal, it does make the government stronger and the citizen weaker, it is truly an affront to freedom and everything our country stands for to even think about disarming her people.

You will NEVER EVER stop evil people, for they are cowards and will use tactics that the devil would muse over, the only thing you can do is be MORE PREPARED. You will not stop a violent attacker with a sweet voice and good intentions, especially if you are a 90lb woman facing a monster of a man, you need to be armed.

Instead of acting so verboten towards firearms we should ENCOURAGE TEACHERS TO TRAIN AND ARM THEIR SELVES.

Robbing Americans of their freedom because of cowardly acts of evil is so counter productive it is evil in and of it self.

You can not live under a protective blanket, the world does not work that way, just ask the "most powerful city in the world" how a little wind storm brought them to their knees. Disasters will ALWAYS HAPPEN do not deny your self the tools to deal with these mishaps.

ARM YOURSELVES PEOPLE! evil walks among us.
Guns

Henderson, KY

#2 Dec 15, 2012
I understand the need/right to own guns. I have never had anyone explain the need to own an assault rifle. What does the average citizen need with them? You can answer with a string of insults about how stupid I am if you like, but it wouldn't really answer the question.
yep

Louisville, KY

#3 Dec 15, 2012
Guns wrote:
I understand the need/right to own guns. I have never had anyone explain the need to own an assault rifle. What does the average citizen need with them? You can answer with a string of insults about how stupid I am if you like, but it wouldn't really answer the question.
Exactly I after. Having a gun for protection or hunting is one thing. But no ordinary person needs military type weapons. They are made only to kill. That's it
Deer hunter

Russell Springs, KY

#4 Dec 15, 2012
I'm a sportsman, my family hunts and fish, however I cannot for the life of me understand these gun nuts that want assault rifles.
chevy

Mount Sterling, KY

#5 Dec 15, 2012
yep wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly I after. Having a gun for protection or hunting is one thing. But no ordinary person needs military type weapons. They are made only to kill. That's it
Duh, arent all guns made to kill?
yep

Louisville, KY

#6 Dec 15, 2012
chevy wrote:
<quoted text>Duh, arent all guns made to kill?
No. Not people moron. Assault rifles are made for combat and killings lots of people quickly
nocragnalty

United States

#7 Dec 15, 2012
The only difference in a hunting rifle and an assault rifle is the magazine capacity. And there are several hunting rifles that will hold nearly as many rounds as an assault rifle.
Btw.... The assault rifle he used is a much weaker caliber than a standard deer rifle..223 is a small round. Hunting rounds are much larger and more dangerous. So stop whining about " assault rifles". There is not much difference in them and hunting rifles.
nocragnalty

United States

#8 Dec 15, 2012
On another note...... If you are firing inside a structure like a house or school, it is proven that a handgun is more dangerous than the .223 round. The .223 will not penetrate a wall and potentially injure an unintentional target, while most pistol rounds will!

Why don't we outlaw all guns? And cars since they kill more ppl than guns. Oh, and outlaw cigarettes. Oh, and outlaw McDonald's, cholesterol is a killer. Lets outlaw electricity... That kills a lot of people every year. Etc etc
yep

Louisville, KY

#9 Dec 15, 2012
nocragnalty wrote:
The only difference in a hunting rifle and an assault rifle is the magazine capacity. And there are several hunting rifles that will hold nearly as many rounds as an assault rifle.
Btw.... The assault rifle he used is a much weaker caliber than a standard deer rifle..223 is a small round. Hunting rounds are much larger and more dangerous. So stop whining about " assault rifles". There is not much difference in them and hunting rifles.
First...yes there's a big difference. Second...u are lying and spewing crap that u don't even know what u are talking about bc he didn't use an assault rifle!
yep

Louisville, KY

#10 Dec 15, 2012
Plus an automatic assault rifle can fire many rounds at once, which is like I said made for killing people on combat. Not one round at a time like a hunting rifle
yep

Louisville, KY

#11 Dec 15, 2012
Taking away all guns won't stop anything. People don't need guns to kill. Timothy mcveigh did it with fertilizer. Terrorist did it with box cutters and without even actually using them. Banning all guns won't stop anything or anyone from even getting them. It's the person that's crazy. Not the weapon they choose
ur wrong

United States

#12 Dec 15, 2012
yep wrote:
Plus an automatic assault rifle can fire many rounds at once, which is like I said made for killing people on combat. Not one round at a time like a hunting rifle
Hunting rifles will too!!! Do you think all hunting rifles are bolt action?? You are sadly mistaken. Only capacity is the difference. And the assault rifle is much weaker than a deer rifle
ur wrong

United States

#13 Dec 15, 2012
It wasn't an automatic!! It was an ar15 frame, not a m16 or m4. I do know what I'm talking about..... I shoot them twice a week.
ur wrong

United States

#14 Dec 15, 2012
Just because a rifle looks like a military rifle doesn't mean it's an automatic. In fact, full auto is highly illegal, and carries a 10,000 fine for each gun. Every "military looking" rifle you have ever seen with your own eyes has been semi-automatic, just like other hunting rifles, and all non-revolver pistols.

Do some research before u speak your mind

“Smokin”

Since: May 12

Strawberry Fields of Dreams

#15 Dec 15, 2012
Here is what smart people do.

"Armed Teachers stop Terrorist Attack in Israel"

"Two Palestinian terrorists disguised in Israel Defense Forces (IDF) uniforms entered the study hall at Makor Haim High School in Kibbutz Kfar Etzion southeast of Jerusalem.

...the terrorists managed to stab several students before armed school counselors arrived and shot them dead."
http://johnrlott.blogspot.com/2008/01/armed-t...

"Israel: More Guns In Schools

Israel's government officials have once again demonstrated a better grip on reality than have those in the United States when it comes to self-defense.

As the terror attacks have escalated in Israel, a number of attempts have been thwarted when armed Israeli citizens shot and killed the terrorists. Seeking to have more of a good thing, the Israeli government announced plans to issue 40,000 more gun licenses to civilians according to the London Times.

Even better, the government is giving away guns to teachers."
http://gunowners.org/op0218.htm
yep

Louisville, KY

#16 Dec 15, 2012
ur wrong wrote:
It wasn't an automatic!! It was an ar15 frame, not a m16 or m4. I do know what I'm talking about..... I shoot them twice a week.
Who cares? That's not what he used anyway
i see stupid people

Louisville, KY

#17 Dec 16, 2012
Distinguishing types of firearms is pointless, assault pencils and assault pipe wrenchs can be just as deadly as a firearm. You either accept freedom and deal with such events as needed, or live in fear like a coward begging the government to keep you safe (which they have proved time and time again is impossible).

Go buy a pistol, do not buy junk, do not buy something that is uncomfortable, TRAIN with that pistol! Put 500 or a thousand rounds through it, always know what is in the path of your trajectory! Stay safe and stay free, God bless America.
what

Lexington, KY

#18 Dec 16, 2012
ur wrong wrote:
you are wrong he used a glock and sig pistol
what

Lexington, KY

#19 Dec 16, 2012
I am an atheist and own firearms. I fired 100 rounds out of an ar15 today. Not a living thing was harmed. You know why? Because I'm not fucking crazy. it has nothing to do with no god in schools. What about all the little boys who are rapped and molested in catholic schools? Was god their?
Yoo

Tucker, GA

#20 Dec 17, 2012
He did use an ar15 and the ones sold are semi automatic. You have to have a special liscense for automatic weapons and it's extremely expensive. People against guns are stupid. I own zero and don't plan on buying one. People who want destruction will not care about a gun. They'll just build a bomb or a sword or set something on fire. Banning guns over this does nothing. The methods of destruction and violence will only change.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 20 min ChromiuMan 166,320
Offensive Statues 53 min Skeeter 189
Have you been SCAMED by STEVE HALL, Referation ... (Aug '15) 57 min Sweet420 72
Why isn't the Left burning down Robert Byrds ho... 1 hr Rocky 16
Race relations 1 hr Skeeter 3
Help me find my first apartment in Lexington. 1 hr Stupified 5
What's Next 1 hr Melba 4
Gray To Move Antebellum Monuments 6 hr get rid of it all 131

Lexington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lexington Mortgages