Secure Watch job SCAM
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Unemployed and Angry

Jasper, IN

#1 May 26, 2011
Anyone else respond to this company's "customer service" ad only to find out that it was really "door to door sales" position? They are advertising themselves as an officially licensed ADT home security vendor, but based on online complaints I've seen concerning their activities, many people are not happy with their products or support for them.
RealJob Seeker

Boca Raton, FL

#2 May 31, 2011
They called to offer me a job but I didn't think it was legitimate, so I said I wasn't interested. They're not reliable jobs. I'm looking for something legitimate and dependable. They are misrepresenting themselves. I hear that they're a scam, and besides, door to door sales & telemarketing is not something that someone can rely on to pay their their bills/living expenses. People want a real job. Don't be tied downed by this fake "door to door sales and telemarketing" job. The right job will come along.
i agree

Birmingham, AL

#3 Aug 22, 2011
That is so true. Nobody can depend on door to door and that's is mostly what these jobs are offering.
not a scam

Demotte, IN

#4 Sep 16, 2011
Secure watch is a good place to work!! My boyfriend has been there for over a yr now and he does fine...... The sales people make way more money than the installers!! From what I understand salespeople can make about $300 per sale after it is installed.....
stacy

Charlotte, NC

#5 Oct 12, 2011
Have an interview with the char. based company. Now Im not sure if I want to take. please help!!!!
stacy

Charlotte, NC

#6 Oct 12, 2011
I have an interview with the Char company. Now I am wondering if I should go. Please Help!!
derreck

Lexington, KY

#7 Oct 14, 2011
I never got my last 2 paychecks...... its allways an accounting error...
job seeker

Mooresville, NC

#8 Jan 12, 2012
Received a call for the interview. The guy who called was not clear on the phone. I jotted the number down called back, and finally got the name of the company. looked the site up, ended up here. I will not schedule an interview!! Thank you
Not happy

United States

#9 Jan 12, 2012
I am from panama city and it is all a joke people who say they will help you and that is not true they take jobs frOm you just to make them more money it is all about them and forget about yOu if you do work for them stop and run
tracy

Columbia, MO

#10 Jan 20, 2012
just had a short interview jan,19 here in stl.The room was dark and cold.The position is for a customer service i was told the call center is located in our downtown area.The person in charge of the customer service was not at the interview at the time,i was told she will call some people back for a second interview.The district manager conducted the short 5-10min interview. can someone tell me about their customer service position?
Brittany

Prestonsburg, KY

#11 Jan 20, 2012
Hey if you guys are really looking for a homebased job. Click the link below. This is not a scam...you can even look the company up with BBB. And if you have any questions you can email me at [email protected] Just thought this would help if your looking for some extra cash.
http://one.zipnadazilch.com/index.php...
In The Know

Lancaster, SC

#12 Jan 24, 2012
If you go for an interview, you ARE going to be going door to door. Dont be fooled on "customer service" ads. Also, there is no base, no $200 for being there. You only get the $200 if you have two deals installed that pay period and you work 5 days, Saturday is mandatory. And, good luck on them getting your pay correct. Beware of the almost certain "charge back." If you dont mind knocking the same doors over and over, and going behind others that have knocked the same doors over and over, then hey, go for it! You are pumped up with promises of big money, management opportunities, and a bright future with them. Let me tell you this, Ive personally seen management get threatened on a daily basis if they do not reach a number that is considered satisfactory by upper management. They do not do any kind of legitimate management training and will put anyone that can close a deal in a management spot, thats if you "drink" the kool aid that they pump you up with, and keep your mouth shut concerning any issues that you may have I know of upper management that have been caught abusing drugs, cocaine, bath salts,for example, busted for lieing and cheating, and abusing company vehicles. The CEO uses that terms "No lieing, cheating, or stealing." It seems after my two years of working for the company, there is a policy where upper management will turn their heads as long as the individual guilty is producing. Securewatch is on a five year businesss plan. Get in, tear up the area, and get out...hence why they constantly change management if one isnt "up to par", numbers wise. Any legitimate company would spend a little time with training management, rather than changing them as frequent as they do. Feel free anyone that can object to anything that I just communicated, because I really enjoy a good laugh
PERSON

Charlotte, NC

#13 Jan 25, 2012
I ACTUALLY WENT TO A INTERVIEW AND WAS HIRED BY THE INTERVIEW WAS OVER .. THEY STATED THAT THEY WAS HIRING For A DOWNTOWN OFFICE AND TRAINING IS THIS MONDAY FOR LIKE TWO/THREE HOURS .
mbalz_izhari

Lexington, KY

#14 Jan 27, 2012
ent to the interview this morning. wore jeans cause i dont have any bisuness attire. was told by an unshaven douchebag in a sweatervest that they dont care what qualifications i have if im in jeans. evidently if you can buy a pair of khakis your the man they need. sounds alot like the hoover and rainbow vacuum sales tactics. i feel bad for the guys that have legitimate training and business backgrounds showing up for an interview only to be bullshitted out of their time and money by asshats
Jane Doe

Hoffman Forest, NC

#15 Feb 9, 2012
PERSON wrote:
I ACTUALLY WENT TO A INTERVIEW AND WAS HIRED BY THE INTERVIEW WAS OVER .. THEY STATED THAT THEY WAS HIRING For A DOWNTOWN OFFICE AND TRAINING IS THIS MONDAY FOR LIKE TWO/THREE HOURS .
So how the training. I have an interview with them next Friday and they said the same thing about customer service, but i'm reading people's comments about it being door to door selling. So are you actully working in an office or selling door to door?
tammi

Romulus, MI

#16 Feb 10, 2012
I went to the interview and 2 days of training, you are going door to door, in all parts of the world. Ghetto mostly. i was lied to not once, but 3 times by my bosses. To my face! I quit after the first day "in the field". it sucked monkey butt. This is a job for those who can and enjoy bullshitting people into something that if they really wanted, they would have. you work out side, in all kinds of weather from 10a to 8-9 pm. trust me dude, walk away and find a job that WILL pay you for your time.
ska fighter

Memphis, TN

#17 Feb 12, 2012
Jane Doe wrote:
<quoted text>
So how the training. I have an interview with them next Friday and they said the same thing about customer service, but i'm reading people's comments about it being door to door selling. So are you actully working in an office or selling door to door?
Jane Doe, I have worked for Secure Watch over 16 month. I have a wife and four kids and have made over 6 figures in the last 16 months. The good thing it up to you, the bad thing is it is up to you. In my humble opinion it is worth 30 days of your time. You never know it might change your finance's for the rest of your life.
Raptorsqueaks

United States

#18 Mar 1, 2012
Its funny,
I was really excited because I thought it was a legit job. I wonder if the rest of the people in the room know what they're getting themselves into....
Ska is for dorks

United States

#19 Mar 1, 2012
ska fighter wrote:
<quoted text>
Jane Doe, I have worked for Secure Watch over 16 month. I have a wife and four kids and have made over 6 figures in the last 16 months. The good thing it up to you, the bad thing is it is up to you. In my humble opinion it is worth 30 days of your time. You never know it might change your finance's for the rest of your life.
Yeah...you're probably one of the douche kings in the office who rarely if ever has to go out and get sales. You sound like a blowhard HR guy.
Extremely Pissed

Ocala, FL

#20 Mar 5, 2012
Wow unfreakin believable!!!!!! After reading these comments could not believe the similarities to what my daughter just went through with this pathetic company!!! Lets just say after working there for 3wks and I honestly don't know how she lasted that long. She quit!!!! Reason being or should I say one reason being every time pay day came which is Sat I might add. They had some excuse as to why her check wasn't there. Oh and she made sales at least two a week. Another reason the idiot that drove them to their location thought it was ok to have one person per street after dark walking alone. Well that didn't fly very well with me having my 19yr old daughter walking in an unfamiliar area alone after dark!!!! Oh hell no!!!! She finally received her checks minus the one for training she has yet to receive it a month later. My daughter is a big girl now and can handle her business but it is time for mom to step up!!! After reading these post I am for sure reporting this agency they can not think it is ok to basically screw people over on a regular basis. My advice STAY CLEAR OF SECURE WATCH!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Spying on my cheating spouse (Dec '13) 15 min MICHAEL O 40
KFC Winchester Rd 40 min Demon 6
News This gay Senate candidate is running in the lan... 1 hr Cordwainer Trout 18
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Patriot 151,618
Idiots who run comp care bluegrass mental 2 hr Love 1
mystery solved 2 hr lowland critter 2
Any "dogging" locations or places where a coupl... (Apr '13) 3 hr Eyes 75

Lexington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lexington Mortgages