|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Boy Scout wrote:
http://www.latimes.com/news/na tionworld/nation/la-na-gay-ky- mayor-20130210,0,1994908.story
Only in Kentucky!
I am a former coal miner and if anyone i worked with was gay they kept it to themselves. Its the hardest most dangerous job Ive ever had but in that part of the country it either make decent money in the coal mines or be on welfare. I think this article is the result of a gay mayor trying to make some headlines. Im sure if you ask the people of the town they don't agree with gay marriage but even I believe gays shouldn't be discriminated against.Although I do not believe in gay marriage because if it was ok, the bible would tell us so and it clearly says that homosexual activity is a unforgivable sin. The bible also tells us that if you see someone living in sin you should let them know. Maybe this is what gays are confusing as discrimination. But I can tell you most flat landers here in lexington wouldn't last one day in a coal mine.
The Truth

Gridley, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

retired miner wrote:
<quoted text>I am a former coal miner and if anyone i worked with was gay they kept it to themselves. Its the hardest most dangerous job Ive ever had but in that part of the country it either make decent money in the coal mines or be on welfare. I think this article is the result of a gay mayor trying to make some headlines. Im sure if you ask the people of the town they don't agree with gay marriage but even I believe gays shouldn't be discriminated against.Although I do not believe in gay marriage because if it was ok, the bible would tell us so and it clearly says that homosexual activity is a unforgivable sin. The bible also tells us that if you see someone living in sin you should let them know. Maybe this is what gays are confusing as discrimination. But I can tell you most flat landers here in lexington wouldn't last one day in a coal mine.
Wow!
The bible also says
Don't cut you hair
Don't shave your beard
Don't wear mixed fabrics.
Don't eat pork
Don't eat shellfish
Don't plant multiple crops on one field.

The fact that their probably are gay people and you didn't realize shows they aren't as awful as you think.
They are people just like you.

While one verse that doesn't apply to Christianity does say it's bad. That verse is preceded and followed by verses that also say what's bad, but you christians never seem to notice those....

Know what else your bible says.
Love thy enemy like thy neighbor.

It also says NOT TO CAST JUDGEMENT.
So how can you cast judgement but call yourself a christian.
Also, don't think you realize this, but god says all sins are the same in his eyes.
So when you shave in the morning, you might as well go kill someone, because both are sins and both equally bad according to god.

If you don't like gay people THAT'S FINE.
I'm pretty sure they know christians HATE them.
You guys push it in their face constantly.

Want to know another sin, that god actually said was the worst?

He said to push someone away from god would push away your entry to heaven.

When you tell gays god hates them, they are going to hell, that they are sinning...
It pushes them away, they see you as say, wow what a douche, he doesn't even know us!

So stop being a bigot.
The bible doesn't give you morals, if it did, you wouldn't hate gay people...
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

retired miner wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a former coal miner and if anyone i worked with was gay they kept it to themselves. Its the hardest most dangerous job Ive ever had but in that part of the country it either make decent money in the coal mines or be on welfare. I think this article is the result of a gay mayor trying to make some headlines. Im sure if you ask the people of the town they don't agree with gay marriage but even I believe gays shouldn't be discriminated against.Although I do not believe in gay marriage because if it was ok, the bible would tell us so and it clearly says that homosexual activity is a unforgivable sin. The bible also tells us that if you see someone living in sin you should let them know. Maybe this is what gays are confusing as discrimination. But I can tell you most flat landers here in lexington wouldn't last one day in a coal mine.
Its too bad you were never crushed by falling rocks or developed black lung.
yep

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!
The bible also says
Don't cut you hair
Don't shave your beard
Don't eat pork
Don't eat shellfish
The fact that their probably are gay people and you didn't realize shows they aren't as awful as you think.
While one verse that doesn't apply to Christianity does say it's bad. That verse is preceded and followed by verses that also say what's bad, but you christians never seem to notice those....
Also, don't think you realize this, but god says all sins are the same in his eyes.
So when you shave in the morning, you might as well go kill someone, because both are sins and both equally bad according to god.
When you tell gays god hates them, they are going to hell, that they are sinning...
It pushes them away, they see you as say, wow what a douche, he doesn't even know us!
So stop being a bigot.
Gays are perverts who make the decision to act on their sexual desires though this behavior is socially damaging to themselves (and their family members) and is not productive for the whole of society as homosexual produce NOTHING. Homosexuality, as well as atheism, is a sign of excess within society. Individuals within such societies take their lives for granted and find it difficult to be humble.

Today, one cannot speak freely about the immorality of homosexuality for the media, and all forms of it, have brainwashed many (if not the majority) into believing that people are born gay. In other words, they are victims of their genetic make-up--a cop-out!!! That's like saying I was born a criminal and have no responsibility for my decisions or actions. Come on, people. Wake up!

Here's some questions you all may need/want to ponder on:

What percentage of the population is gay?

What percentage of the population lives a gay lifestyle?

What percentage of the population that claims to be gay is bisexual?

If one can be attracted to both sexes, is it not a decision to lead a homosexual lifestyle?

QUIT LETTING THESE PERVERTS RUB IT IN OUR FACES. At the very least, they could be decent and keep their personal sexual desires private like the rest of the decent people in the world.

As for marriage, the government shouldn't be involved with that anyway. Why are they? That's a completely religious idea anyway. Separation of church and state? I'm not seeing it.

Since: Dec 09

Falls of Rough, Kentucky

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!

Excuses, excuses...
Baptist

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

My pastor says that being gay is an abomination which is an unforgivable sin. So when you in hell don't say I didn't try to warn you. Hope you don't mind the heat. I'll say a prayer for you gays and supporters of gays before I go to bed. But an abomination is unforgivable so good luck in hell.
The Truth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

I'm going to burn in HELL!
KELLERMAN

Lima, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

yep wrote:
<quoted text>
Gays are perverts who make the decision to act on their sexual desires though this behavior is socially damaging to themselves (and their family members) and is not productive for the whole of society as homosexual produce NOTHING. Homosexuality, as well as atheism, is a sign of excess within society. Individuals within such societies take their lives for granted and find it difficult to be humble.
Today, one cannot speak freely about the immorality of homosexuality for the media, and all forms of it, have brainwashed many (if not the majority) into believing that people are born gay. In other words, they are victims of their genetic make-up--a cop-out!!! That's like saying I was born a criminal and have no responsibility for my decisions or actions. Come on, people. Wake up!
If one can be attracted to both sexes, is it not a decision to lead a homosexual lifestyle?
QUIT LETTING THESE PERVERTS RUB IT IN OUR FACES. At the very least, they could be decent and keep their personal sexual desires private like the rest of the decent people in the world.
As for marriage, the government shouldn't be involved with that anyway. Why are they? That's a completely religious idea anyway. Separation of church and state? I'm not seeing it.
I don't think it's the gays who are outing their sex lives. In reading these posts It appears that the heterosexuals are always talking about the sexual desires of gays. It's not going to make a difference, the gays will be granted their deserved rights and enjoy the same freedoms that you have. I have met many gay people and I've never heard one speak about their sexual activity. Perhaps at my age they may think I have forgot what sex is. I thought that education would carry the day on this issue, but it appears this country still has a long way to go. You must understand that not everyone in this country is religious and rules shouldn't be made on their agenda. I'm old and I can have my opinion.
True

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

The guy didn't bash gays, but you rip apart his religious beliefs and another post states he should have died. I thought gays were just wanting equality and acceptance? Just because someone dosent agree with homosexuality dosent mean they "HATE" the person, or people. What's next, if someone doesn't agree with every belief that you hold, they get hung from a tree? Acceptance is a two way street. Quit throwing a gay card and having a tantrum when anyone disagrees with you. If you're just an atheist, that card has gotten old too. Neither side is going to change how they beleive, but it seems like one side is very intolerant and it isn't the Christians.
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!
The bible also says
Don't cut you hair
Don't shave your beard
Don't eat pork
Don't eat shellfish
So stop being a bigot.
Adolph

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

a real coal miner would leave a gay back in the mine and let him figure his own way out.
The Truth

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

yep wrote:
<quoted text>Gays are perverts who make the decision to act on their sexual desires though this behavior is socially damaging to themselves (and their family members) and is not productive for the whole of society as homosexual produce NOTHING. Homosexuality, as well as atheism, is a sign of excess within society. Individuals within such societies take their lives for granted and find it difficult to be humble.

Quite a big judgement for a Christian.
Thanks for proving my point.
Christians are so wrapped up over gays keeping to themselves that they seem to skip over some important rules.
1. Do not judge.
God said that.
2. Do not shave
God also said this
3.do not eat pork

This is just 3 of the huge biblical laws you do not follow.
By choosing to omit certain verses you are choosing to live in sin.
Have fun in hell closet faggit
The Truth

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Baptist wrote:
My pastor says that being gay is an abomination which is an unforgivable sin. So when you in hell don't say I didn't try to warn you. Hope you don't mind the heat. I'll say a prayer for you gays and supporters of gays before I go to bed. But an abomination is unforgivable so good luck in hell.
Did he tell you that shaving, eating pork, eating shellfish, mixed fiber fabrics, and growing plants is also unforgivable?
How about that god said to judge will have your place in heaven judged?
I'm guessing your pastor skipped over the parts where rape is just fine, and traditional marriage ment polygamy..
The Truth

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Adolph wrote:
a real coal miner would leave a gay back in the mine and let him figure his own way out.
A real coal miner would go to work as do his job, and leave his religious bigotry at home where it belongs.

You gay haters sure talk about gay stuff alot... You gay bros?
doodah

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Those that make s big deal out if gays are maybe a bit gay themselves! Oh hell, who am I kidding? A lot gay!!! Keep bashing, you're only fooling yourself!
Good Point

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

KELLERMAN wrote:
<quoted text> I don't think it's the gays who are outing their sex lives. In reading these posts It appears that the heterosexuals are always talking about the sexual desires of gays. It's not going to make a difference, the gays will be granted their deserved rights and enjoy the same freedoms that you have. I have met many gay people and I've never heard one speak about their sexual activity. Perhaps at my age they may think I have forgot what sex is. I thought that education would carry the day on this issue, but it appears this country still has a long way to go. You must understand that not everyone in this country is religious and rules shouldn't be made on their agenda. I'm old and I can have my opinion.
You thought that "education would carry the day"? Enlighten us. Are you implying, or saying outright, that those who disapprove of homosexual behavior are uneducated?
The Truth

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Good Point wrote:
<quoted text>You thought that "education would carry the day"? Enlighten us. Are you implying, or saying outright, that those who disapprove of homosexual behavior are uneducated?
I think what he is saying is you gay bashers are talking about gays more than the gays do!
EVERYTIME i hear gay on tv, or gay on the radio, I see a "straight" individual.
If gay is brought up, it's by fucking straights, so his throwing what In your face.

Tbh, I'm tired of you throwing your homosexuality in my face, keep it to yourself "good point"
yep

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite a big judgement for a Christian.
Thanks for proving my point.
Christians are so wrapped up over gays keeping to themselves that they seem to skip over some important rules.
1. Do not judge.
God said that.
2. Do not shave
God also said this
3.do not eat pork
This is just 3 of the huge biblical laws you do not follow.
By choosing to omit certain verses you are choosing to live in sin.
Have fun in hell closet faggit
http://www.capalert.com/judgenot.htm

Try taking your own advise about taking things out of context. God, or anyone else in the bible, did not not say, "Do not judge."

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

Jesus was sent with a message and laws of the Old Testament were revised by him. This makes your pork and beard shaving point moot.

As for gay marriage:

Marriage is a religious or belief-based union between two people. The government has no business in homosexual or heterosexual marriages. There is a reason that separation of church and state is a policy observed, or should be observed.

As for beliefs on homosexuality:

We all are entitled to our beliefs. Just because someone does not approve of someone else's because does not mean they are a bigot nor filled with hatred. It seems that the one's who are spewing hatred are the one's who are having their behavior/views questioned or disapproved. Guilty conscience? I don't approve of old men dating young girls. That doesn't mean I hate anyone. They and I both just live with it--just as gays and I live in the same world without violence or hatred (on my part anyway).
yep

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

*"because" should be replaced by "lifestyle" in the last paragraph of my last post
yep

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I think what he is saying is you gay bashers are talking about gays more than the gays do!
EVERYTIME i hear gay on tv, or gay on the radio, I see a "straight" individual.
If gay is brought up, it's by fucking straights, so his throwing what In your face.
Tbh, I'm tired of you throwing your homosexuality in my face, keep it to yourself "good point"
No one is "bashing" gays. I, for one, am just sick of the whole dialogue about gays and find the political correctness of gay support to be absurd. Try leading instead of just believing what is considered right by the media and others who are following media outlets.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

116 Users are viewing the Lexington Forum right now

Search the Lexington Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 11 min DITCH MITCH 146,299
any hispanic night clubs in lexington (Feb '09) 29 min Airick08 25
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 34 min The_Box 128,678
Senator Mitch McConnell 1 hr Mike 6
Alphafas 2 hr Antagonist of beelzebub 4
Fire in the Sky over lex, not fireworks! (Jul '10) 2 hr Antagonist of beelzebub 13
i dont get it why would anyone back Hillary Cli... 2 hr Antagonist of beelzebub 138
2004 bookstore (Nov '09) 13 hr jrbbc 5,430
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lexington Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lexington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE