Quest community church
First Prev
of 19
Next Last
Searching for Truth

Cincinnati, OH

#1 Dec 30, 2009
What do people think of Quest Community Church in Lexington? What has been your experience there?
quest church attendee

Louisville, KY

#2 Jan 10, 2010
I have been going to Quest for some time now. This is a great church and a great place to be yourself. We do not condone anyone for any past mistakes nor do we believe that people should dress or act any certain way.

Quest believes that there is only one major truth, that Jesus Christ is Lord and that everything else is negotiable.

This is a church for people who do not like church.

yes the church is big and it has many members, but do not be intimidated, hang in there and get into a life group.
quest newbie

Lexington, KY

#3 Jan 10, 2010
I've been going there for about 2 months and enjoy it. Good people, leadership, message, and facilities. Definitely something for everyone.
cljar

Lexington, KY

#5 Jan 11, 2010
Why don't you just go to Rupp Arena or McDonalds for church?
cljar

Lexington, KY

#7 Jan 11, 2010
Weak is anyone that would go to church period, let alone one such as Quest. Pointing a finger at me calling me a troll, there's four more pointing back at you.
cljar

Louisville, KY

#9 Jan 11, 2010
I see going to Quest did you a lot of good showing so much respect to others.
dj golzer

Fairborn, OH

#11 Jan 11, 2010
i try to go every sunday . i am very much so stronger and happyer . the peoples are great and it like going to jesus's night club or something. they make you know your welcome. i love it. i hope every one atleast gives it a try. and thanks muntz
Entertainment Weekly

Lawrenceburg, KY

#12 Jan 11, 2010
Is Quest a church or entertainment hot spot? Do they preach the Word of God and let people know that without the blood of Jesus to wash away their sins they are headed right to hell? Or do they use a lot of bright lights and loud music to entertain without convicting people of their sins? Looks like one of those entertainment churches that just wants to tell people how good they are.
quest church attendee

Louisville, KY

#15 Jan 12, 2010
Entertainment Weekly wrote:
Is Quest a church or entertainment hot spot? Do they preach the Word of God and let people know that without the blood of Jesus to wash away their sins they are headed right to hell? Or do they use a lot of bright lights and loud music to entertain without convicting people of their sins? Looks like one of those entertainment churches that just wants to tell people how good they are.
The word of God is spoken there every day, and yes they do preach that it's all about Jesus. Yea they do use bright lights and loud music, but you have to remember this church is for people that have never gone to church or are burnt out on the "regular" church experience.

When Jesus came to earth he did not go to the "church" people and hang with them and tell them how good they were, he went to the average people living outside the "church" and hang with them and convince them that they needed him. In a way Quest is doing the same thing.

In his day Jesus was called many nasty things by the people that were supposed to be the "churched". Quest is a church that reaches out to the people that need Jesus the most, not the Pharisees that think people should act or practice religion a certain way.
Entertainment Weekly

Social Circle, GA

#16 Jan 12, 2010
First, I would not compare the work of Quest Church and Pete Hise to the work of Jesus Christ. As for the other points, your assertion that Jesus came and spent time with the lost is the standard response provided to validate your typical Entertainment Church. Of course Jesus spent time with the lost but did he ever try to entertain them into believing? He called them out on their sin and convicted them of their brokenness. How often does that happen at Quest? Does it happen at all?

You have a congregation of people who are going to be shocked when they stand before God on the day of judgment and find listening to “cool” guitar riffs or getting their ear pierced wasn’t enough.
quest church attendee

Louisville, KY

#17 Jan 12, 2010
Of course Jesus spent time with the lost but did he ever try to entertain them into believing? He called them out on their sin and convicted them of their brokenness. How often does that happen at Quest? Does it happen at all?
Happens all the time. You should stop on by for a visit and see for yourself.
cljar

Lexington, KY

#18 Jan 12, 2010
quest church attendee wrote:
<quoted text>
Happens all the time. You should stop on by for a visit and see for yourself.
No thanks. I've been judged enough already.
Quester

Huntingburg, IN

#19 Feb 14, 2010
First, I would not compare the work of Quest Church and Pete Hise to the work of Jesus Christ. As for the other points, your assertion that Jesus came and spent time with the lost is the standard response provided to validate your typical Entertainment Church. Of course Jesus spent time with the lost but did he ever try to entertain them into believing? He called them out on their sin and convicted them of their brokenness. How often does that happen at Quest? Does it happen at all?
You have a congregation of people who are going to be shocked when they stand before God on the day of judgment and find listening to “cool” guitar riffs or getting their ear pierced wasn’t enough.
In the 10 years that Quest has been a church over 10,000 lives have crossed over from death to life! 10,000 people now have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and will have eternal life with Him in Heaven. That is miraculous! Lives have been saved! Marriages have been restored! Addictions have been broken! We have over 3,000 attendees and over 1,000 selfless volunteers that serve their hearts out every week to show the people of this city how much they are loved and wanted. Not by us necessarily but by Jesus. Because Jesus lives in us we love those around us and we can't help but want people to know how much they are absolutely adored by the God that created them. Once they know that, they can't resist running to Him. We are not a traditional church. But traditional churches are not working, and are not loving people that hurting and broken. Broken people are afraid to walk in the doors of a church due to judgement and expectations and that is so sad. But the church should be the safest place for them. Because the church should be the heart of Jesus. This is my church:)
Thinker

Lawrenceburg, KY

#20 Feb 16, 2010
Crossed over from death to life huh? How many of those saved by Jesus Pete had come from a church background and were convinced they had not really been saved? Pete isn’t crossing anyone over from death to life. He is getting rich while people like you spout the rhetoric he has forced down you throat. It is a shame you are too ignorant to think for yourself. When you are setting in hell and crying out for God to save you for your eternal fate be sure and let him know you were following Pete Hise while he followed God.

And is it really your church? If the church is keeping you from having a say in the direction and function then it is not your church.
Small

United States

#21 Feb 18, 2010
Idoltry is an ugly game. Ask yourself if you are happy after service because of the service/bells/whistles/bright lights or because of your encounter with God? People at Q worship a leader and worship a building they are told to keep clean and never mess up. When you defend your position you are defending a building, and earthly person. That is not Christ. No one even mentions how Christ is changing lives they are too busy defending Pete and an institution that did not die for you. If you know anything about Christ you know He is the One that calls you to follow, He is the One that carried the cross, not Pete. Not a building either. Do some soul searching and ask God to reveal the truths you need to see about Quest but be ready for His answer.
quest church attendee

Louisville, KY

#22 Feb 21, 2010
Thinker wrote:
Crossed over from death to life huh? How many of those saved by Jesus Pete had come from a church background and were convinced they had not really been saved? Pete isn’t crossing anyone over from death to life. He is getting rich while people like you spout the rhetoric he has forced down you throat. It is a shame you are too ignorant to think for yourself. When you are setting in hell and crying out for God to save you for your eternal fate be sure and let him know you were following Pete Hise while he followed God.
And is it really your church? If the church is keeping you from having a say in the direction and function then it is not your church.
Thinker, did you ever stop to consider that just because you go to church and practice a religion it does not mean that you are saved.

Being saved is believing in Jesus and accepting him into your heart, not just going to church your whole life.

Practicing the "Christian" religion is not different that practicing Buddhism, Judaism, Islam, Catholicism or any other religion. None of them will get you into heaven. It's all about your relationship with Jesus.

For the many faults that Quest has, They are really concerned about peoples relationship with Jesus, that is why they ask you about your salvation, and ask you to please make sure that you have a relationship and have not just practiced a religion.
Blaster

Lexington, KY

#23 Feb 22, 2010
I attended Quest for over two years, but finally had to leave. I got tired of seeing everyone worship Pete Hise. It really gets sickening after awhile.

In addition, the "converts" that they have are mainly people who were already saved before they came to Quest. Pete has taught his people how to use cult-like techniques to make people think they were not really saved until they came to Quest. They did this to my wife, who had been a born-again Christian for 20 years. Then they have these folks get up and give a testimony where they say, "I thought I was saved, until Pete taught me the truth."

In addition, Quest refuses to tell you where the money goes, does not let anyone but the insiders know about any major decisions, or let you do anything in the church besides grunt work unless you are a personal friend of Pete's. They only hire staff from within Quest because they wouldn't want anyone to get in that doesn't already buy into their cultic philosophy.
Ex-Quester

Henderson, KY

#24 Feb 24, 2010
Blaster's points are all very valid. Quest may not be a cult, but it definitely is a cult of personality -- Pete Hise. The church's governance is very unbiblical, with Pete on top and Pete appointing elders and the "management team." Questers never see the budget. They are taught to follow without question; the leaders use selected Bible verses, but never speak of the verses that tell believers to hold their leaders accountable and to insist on transparency.

The numbers they cite are not necessarily valid. For instance, they've consistently overestimated the number of people who attend Questapalooza. Their weekly attendance numbers count every volunteer, even those who work multiple services. They never explain how they counted the people at Ichthus who accepted Christ during Pete's talk. Supposedly they used photographs and counted the people who were standing.

The last report I heard indicated Questers had fulfilled about 1/3 of the $12.6 million committed to the Imagine 2 building campaign. That would be about $4.2 million. But Quest took out a loan of $13.5 million in November; why do they need that much, if they'd raised $4.2 million and, one assumes, had paid it against the $12 million cost of the new building (and Frankfort campus).

Still, there's never any explanation from Pete and other leaders. And if you ask any uncomfortable questions, they blow you off and question your commitment to "unity."

I was there for five years before leaving during the holidays. I am praying for Quest's leaders and Questers to recognize the unbiblical nature of the way the church is operated, and the way they distort scripture.
sad by all the judgement

Nicholasville, KY

#25 Mar 22, 2010
Wow...it's interesting how so many people think they are the expert and have all the facts. I won't comment on all the judgements against the church that are so proudly made...but I happen to work for the construction company who built the new auditorium/building and it is taking every bit of $12mil dollars to do the building and more (LCM had to actually work REALLY hard to get the cost even that low.) Yeah, it's hard to make valid judgements when you don't have all the information...
stemfromu

Lexington, KY

#26 Mar 30, 2010
I don't think anyone is arguing cost but more amount the amount raised and the amount of the loan and the actual amount needed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 19
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 min usa 151,826
Parker Mobile Home Park murder 7 min Tom 1
Hillary campaign accepted $20,000 from the KKK.... 11 min sure thing 4
Got Jesus? 18 min well now 9
Alternative Right:A Growing Political Cancer 1 hr the dumocrat 16
Trump's New Manager Woman Beater? 1 hr Slim 7
Shayna Hubers Excessive Sentence 1 hr Marty 7

Lexington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance