get out

AOL

#1 Feb 1, 2010
I need to know who to speak with at the clinic in lex. My husband has been there for yrs and paying 100.00 a wk for methadone and then he goes out and buys pills off street and he drinks everyday. Why do they not catch it in his drug screens cuse they dont care and Im fed up. They are supposed to be there to help people get off pills but, hell he still takes them every other day. Everyday when hes got the money. Anyone wrk there or know someone i can talk to to get him out. Who is over that clinic anyone know would frankfort hve anything to do with it. He needs kicked out for good. he is going to die if they dont do something. He stays high from the time he gets out of bed till he goes to sleep everyday. He is so fucked up he dont know wht the hell is going on half the time. He is so burnt out and needs off before its too late.
kinda know

AOL

#2 Feb 2, 2010
get out wrote:
I need to know who to speak with at the clinic in lex. My husband has been there for yrs and paying 100.00 a wk for methadone and then he goes out and buys pills off street and he drinks everyday. Why do they not catch it in his drug screens cuse they dont care and Im fed up. They are supposed to be there to help people get off pills but, hell he still takes them every other day. Everyday when hes got the money. Anyone wrk there or know someone i can talk to to get him out. Who is over that clinic anyone know would frankfort hve anything to do with it. He needs kicked out for good. he is going to die if they dont do something. He stays high from the time he gets out of bed till he goes to sleep everyday. He is so fucked up he dont know wht the hell is going on half the time. He is so burnt out and needs off before its too late.
I know my sister was in that place and still doing meth smoking crack and pills. I kept calling and so did her husband and my mom finally they kicked her out but, she had so many dirty drug screens it was awful. They dont care it bout money. I would just call them every other day or so then maybe finally they will see hes just there to get high not off the stuff.
white gurl81

United States

#3 Mar 12, 2011
I need 2 know how 2 get n tha lexington methadone clinic! I'm addicted 2 dones I'm up 2 5 10's a day! Most the time 6 if I have the $ 4it! If I don't get off of em I know ima die! I need help I'm tha 1st 2 admit it! So tell me wut 2 do pleaz!
rosadon

Lexington, KY

#4 Jul 13, 2011
white gurl81 wrote:
I need 2 know how 2 get n tha lexington methadone clinic! I'm addicted 2 dones I'm up 2 5 10's a day! Most the time 6 if I have the $ 4it! If I don't get off of em I know ima die! I need help I'm tha 1st 2 admit it! So tell me wut 2 do pleaz!
Just go there. Call them if you don't want to just walk in. They are listed as Lexington Professional Associates. Or you could call Comp Care if your pregnant, and if not you will be put on the waiting list. Southern Indiana Treatment Center is superior in my opinion compared to other methadone clinics and even though it is an hour and a half away from Lexington you will get your takehomes MUCH faster (in the events you don't use other drugs and follow the rules) and will be taken up on your dose much faster if need be, plus you won't be blind dosed. Just weight your options. If you need help bad enough and your spending that much, any one of these options is cheaper and healthier than what you are doing right now. Good luck.
Chase

Norman, AR

#5 Jul 24, 2011
I don't know anybody who has had much success with methadone. Suboxone has helped some people I know.
why

Georgetown, KY

#6 Jul 24, 2011
Chase wrote:
I don't know anybody who has had much success with methadone. Suboxone has helped some people I know.
I did.. Been off of it for three years...almost four..came down slow... And wanted to stay clean.. Changed my life
clementine

Lexington, KY

#7 Jul 26, 2011
Chase wrote:
That's funny b/c I know a lot of people who have been helped with Methadone (including myself), yet Suboxone didn't do a damn thing for them. Suboxone is not enough for people with a huge opiate habit, so that's where methadone comes into play. Plus, without insurance Suboxone is as expensive as hell.
clementine

Lexington, KY

#9 Jul 28, 2011
believer n christ wrote:
<quoted text>just get down on your knees and cry out to jesus,ask him to forgive you of your sin,shoney no one on this earth is perfect.we all sin ever day,but god foegives us,he created us in his own image,he was the only perfect person,and they crusified him.but he rose from the dead.turn your life over to the lord and he will take the craving away from you,wanting drugs.i will be praying for you.god loves every one.you definately know you are going to die,if you just give it to the lord ,he will never forsake you or leave you ,because he loved you enought to die for you.you took your first step already ,you admitted you were on drugs.now step by step,you can be changed .amen-"""" """"SATAN CAME TO KILL,STEAL AND DESTROY.""
You're right God is there, but tell me why when I was addicted I prayed and prayed and prayed, and asked for mercy yet NOTHING changed until I sought help at a methadone clinic? Now, I'm not telling you this changed my faith in God, I just learned that sometimes you have to do things on your own. God gave you freewill... and the bible says that He will never let anyone take on more than they can handle. Why do you think God created life? He was probably bored and wanted company, but if he wanted to control everything then that would defeat the purpose of freewill. The thing is HE DOESN'T want to control things. I do think miracles happen, but they are when you least expect it and far and few between after all avenues have been exhausted completely. My philosophy is this...Try to help yourself, and this lady should seek help at a methadone clinic if that's what she feels she needs. If you have tried everything humanely possible that's why God will sometimes take over (in my opinion).
rebecca

London, KY

#11 Jul 29, 2011
methodone is a joke just like the clinic here in lex. u piss dirty over and over and they let you continue to stay if you just go to daily meetings. they are only about the money. most peopple who go get that stuff do so early in the morning, ride that high til later when they go do their drug of choice. and if people go for years it ain't helping-duh!
why

Pikeville, KY

#12 Jul 29, 2011
rebecca wrote:
methodone is a joke just like the clinic here in lex. u piss dirty over and over and they let you continue to stay if you just go to daily meetings. they are only about the money. most peopple who go get that stuff do so early in the morning, ride that high til later when they go do their drug of choice. and if people go for years it ain't helping-duh!
It helped me... Maybe you didn't wanna get clean
bailey

Lexington, KY

#14 Jul 30, 2011
rebecca wrote:
well I don't test dirty, and I sure as hell don't do any drugs later on. Sounds like you were someone who didn't want to get clean just like the other person stated, and in that case nothing can help you. And, no they most definitely do NOT let you "piss dirty" continuously, especially if those drugs happen to be Benzodiazepines or alcohol. In that case you get two tries and then you're out, unless they schedule you for outpatient meetings. Also, if you continue to test dirty for opiates they will fix your dose so that you don't experience cravings anymore with the help of a blood serum. And as for any other drug you are put in meetings, and if that doesn't work you will be detoxed. I know this for a fact because someone was kicked out of the Lex. clinic for continuous dirty urine tests for THC. So the information you are giving out is false, and methadone clinics may give patients a chance to get clean, but the do not allow it to keep going on.
victoria

United States

#15 Feb 1, 2012
The lexington clinic does work for people who truly want to get clean. For someone that continues to get dirties will eventually get kicked out.Addiction is a disease that does not fix it self over night.would u turn away n not treat someone with heart disease? The program is doing exactly what they are supose to do. just keep in mind it takes time. alot has to change for the addict. they have to learn new coping skills, it's life changing na it does work but not over night!
Common sense

Dahlonega, GA

#16 Feb 2, 2012
clementine wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right God is there, but tell me why when I was addicted I prayed and prayed and prayed, and asked for mercy yet NOTHING changed until I sought help at a methadone clinic? Now, I'm not telling you this changed my faith in God, I just learned that sometimes you have to do things on your own. God gave you freewill... and the bible says that He will never let anyone take on more than they can handle. Why do you think God created life? He was probably bored and wanted company, but if he wanted to control everything then that would defeat the purpose of freewill. The thing is HE DOESN'T want to control things. I do think miracles happen, but they are when you least expect it and far and few between after all avenues have been exhausted completely. My philosophy is this...Try to help yourself, and this lady should seek help at a methadone clinic if that's what she feels she needs. If you have tried everything humanely possible that's why God will sometimes take over (in my opinion).
Clementine is right, God does use people to help people and often it is doctors and nurses. Which reminds me somewhat of the following joke:
God's Help!

There once was a flood and everyone had reached safety except for one man.

He climbed to the top of his house with the water lapping at his feet.

A helicopter flew over his head and hung down a rope for him to climb, but the man was deeply religious and said, "It's alright! The Lord will save me!"

So the helicopter flew away. The water continued to rise and a boat came to him but, once again, the man shouted, "No! Go AWAY! the Lord will come and save me!" and, once again, the boat sped off.

The water was getting dangerously deep by now so the helicopter came back and, on cue, the man repeated, "I don't need saving! My Lord will come"

Reluctantly, the helicopter left.

The rain continued to pour, the water continued to rise and the man drowned.

At the gates of heaven, the man met St. Peter. Confused, he asked, "Peter, I have lived the life of a faithful man - why did my Lord not rescue me?"

St. Peter replied, "For pity sake! He sent you two helicopters and a boat!"
-BabyGirl-

Lexington, KY

#17 Jul 22, 2013
The Methadone clinic really does help people who want help.. But if you go to the clinic and continue using on top of the methadone then you really wasn't ready to quit using.. There will come a day when your tired of being tired and when that day comes you will stop using or go to a clinic to try and help you quit using...! The methadone clinic saved my life.. So I have nothing bad to say about that place except they are A LOT more strict than they used to be.! Before you could continue getting dirty screens and they wouldn't kick you out.. But now if you get 2 in a row they cut your dose in half then if you get another dirty they put you on contract and if you get another dirty while on contract they kick you out..!! So its not anything like it used to be 3-4 years ago.! And they ABSOLUTELY will NOT tolerate dirty screens for alcohol or benzo's because it is EXTREMLY So to all you people dogging the clinic need to get the facts straight before opening your mouth.! Also if anyone knows the comp care methadone clinic number, could you please post the number for me.. That would be great.! thanx
morphius

Nicholasville, KY

#18 Feb 8, 2014
Methadone has worked for me , but you gotta want to be clean, and tired of the drug lifestyle
Different strokes

Lexington, KY

#19 Feb 9, 2014
Just as no addiction is the same, no recovery is the same. We are all different people, so we react to treatment differently. Methadone may work for some and not for others. The main thing is the addict has to be ready to change. I've seen methadone work miracles for some- they work, parent and become productive members of society- something they weren't able to do on their own. Just because you or someone you know didn't respond well, doesn't mean it's no good- they just weren't ready for it
Amy

Nicholasville, KY

#20 Feb 10, 2014
Didn't they have some kind of clinic shutdown on Southland a few years back? What would be an average time frame for most people going through treatment? One of the above made reference to yrs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 7 min Awake 5,530
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 16 min Juliet 131,074
More reasons Mitch needs to GO! 32 min Carol 4
looking for guys 41 min Snap 7
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr TheIndependentMaj... 154,008
2004 bookstore (Nov '09) 1 hr hardon4 5,626
tracy carter 9 hr dope 6
Pete Hise & Sharon Clements: How Long? Sat English teacher 20
•••
•••
•••

Lexington Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Lexington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE