Comments
1 - 20 of 23 Comments Last updated Jun 8, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
DontLetThisConti nue

Lexington, KY

#1 Feb 10, 2007
I have a case in Lexington Ky against an very unstable father. He is diagnosed schizophrenic, documented crack addict and is over 7,000 dollars behind in child support. He has one child who is 1 1/2 years old in foster care (hes been there since birth), and my daughter who is 7 (hasnt seen in almost 2 years).
He has been convicted of assault on 2 women and one man. He had an evaluation done by friend of the court that ranked him high for Homicide!!
He has shown up for and passed drug tests for a month and a half now, and i am scared to death that Judge Philpot will give him visitation with my child based on these drug tests. Should the mental issues and Homicidal tendencies play a role in this decision as well? The judge has not asked for nor required any type of counseling or medical records for that matter!!
Scared Mommy Here!
DontLetThisConti nue

Lexington, KY

#2 Feb 25, 2007
well an update! He did get visitation although at this point is is supervised with security. This is just a step in a scary direction.
the judge did base everything on his drug tests. I feel like he just wants to ignore the other issues this man has. I pray for my child, her brother and the woman this man is with.
DontLetThisConti nue

Lexington, KY

#3 Feb 26, 2007
anyone have similar experiences with family court issues in Kentucky?

BTW..he was seen driving by my house a few times this evening...we live on a court not a busy street. I did contact the police who will patrol the area better, but other than that my hands are tied and i still must take my daughter to visitation tomorrow...<<<sigh
MONEY MONEY MONEY

Lexington, KY

#4 Aug 29, 2007
i HAVE A SON -LAW THAT HAS BEEN ON DRUGS AND BEEN IN TROUBLE SINCE HE WAS SIXTEEN YEARS OLD. HE HAS A RECORD A MILE LONG IN FAYETTE COUNTY JESSAMINE COUNTY AND IN hARDIN COUNTY AND NEVER HAS SERVE A DAY FOR ANYTHING HE HAS DONE. THERE IS PEOPLE IN PRISON tHAT HAS NOT DONE NEARLY WHAT HE HAS. HE HAS BEAT MY DAUGHTER FOR TEN YEARS TREATED HIS KIDS LIKE DOGS. HIS FAMILY HAS MONEY WHY IS THIS FAIR.MY DAUGHTER HAS FINALLY LEFT HIM AND HE IS TRYING TO TAKE HER CHILDREN.MY GRANDCHILD HAS TOLD ME ABOUT HIM TOUCHING HER PRIVATE AND I REPORTED THIS .WHAT GOOD DID THIS DO. HE WAS GOING WITH THIS GIRL WHO HAD A CHILD AND THE LITTLE GIRL TOLD THAT HE DID THIS TO HER TO. THE DADDY REPORTED THIS AND HE WAS CHARGED AND THEN IT WAS ALL OF SUDDEN DROPPED. WHY IS THIS. i DONT HAVE TO SAY ANYMORE THIS IS SICK.WHAT DO YOU DO
in the same boat

AOL

#5 Oct 26, 2007
The court system is the same in Campbell County Kentucky. My daughter was molested by her father when she was 18 months old; he lost visitation for two years and then took me to court for parental alienation, he claimed I wouldn't let him see her even though he was court ordered not to! He was given visitation rights again in 2003 and for the last 4 years I have been fighting the issue! His record was already filled with domestic violence toward me and my kids, but the judge ignored that! Several more instances of abuse have taken place, but nobody would take action when they were reported. Protective services don't get involved, Guardian Ad Litems don't do their jobs, and counselors are too worried about being sued to make accurate reports. My daughter is an emotional mess and has been diagnosed with multiple issues since this has all taken place. Trust me, you are not alone! Kentucky Family Courts suck!
melissa

Compton, CA

#6 Nov 10, 2007
Are the courts really that bad. I have a case currently in California and am moving to kentucky the first of the year. We are hoping to transfer our case after six months of residing in lexington. I dont think anything can be as bad as liberal california. My daughters dad is a dead beat, with suspicions of abuse ( very similar situation as above ), 15 years drug history, and family with all drug history. He is emotionally abusive to my daughter and she is a wreck. Not to mention he doesn't believe in western medicine. he is a hippie and wont take her to the doctor. I have a doctor suspecting mistreating, and on the record sickness because of negligence on his part. Yet california gave him every other weekend and once a week visitation because I had a bad attorney. You figure that one out. We are having a 730 done right now to figure out visitation when we move. Lots of prayers please!!!!! Get this guy away. We were told by attorneys in kentucky, that they dont like to see the children travel? any thoughts? Is this true? We were under the assumption that kentucky courts were very conservative, and weigh heavily on school, church, and extra curricular activities. Any one know if that is the case? California doesn't consider preschool school. And they will put in the order that a child can miss school around the holidays to promote visitation. They also wont allow activities for a child if they fall on his weekends. For instance, he wont take her to soccer. We would ask the courts to mandate he take her to soccer, and they wont honor the request. GIVE ME A BREAK! Don't ever move to california. TOO LIBERAL. I want the christian principles. Please give me some hope.
melissa
Regina

Manchester, KY

#7 Mar 26, 2008
I am praying that the cases listed above will have the hand of God upon them. I have been very concerned about my grandchild. It seems the court is getting ready to give him back to his druggie mother and father. They know how to pass drug tests and have prescriptions for the pain pills they take. They sell them too.
My grandson is getting ready to be taken out of a loving home--foster parents who want him and who social services are fighting for too yet the judge doesn't seem to be able to see how evil his parents are.
I am calling for Christians who read this to pray that God will move to show these people for who they truly are and place my grandchild in the care of those who really love him.
Fed up

Louisville, KY

#8 Aug 14, 2010
I am having the same issues in philpots courtroom. The rules are if the parent is willing and wanting to see the children. No matter what thier character is. They can visit with the children.(supervised)until they are 18. I have cried myself to sleep wishing the judge would see the father for what he is. He fights pit bulls,smokes dope,pops pills. The list goes on,but we are still in philpots court room and doing the same thing everytime. It feels like groundhog day everytime we walk in there. The father has failed the drug test and got up and walked out from supervised visits,due to his son telling him he doesnt want to have anything to with him. Maybe you guys can give me some advice.
kyjelly

Dayton, OH

#9 Aug 14, 2010
Fed up wrote:
I am having the same issues in philpots courtroom. The rules are if the parent is willing and wanting to see the children. No matter what thier character is. They can visit with the children.(supervised)until they are 18. I have cried myself to sleep wishing the judge would see the father for what he is. He fights pit bulls,smokes dope,pops pills. The list goes on,but we are still in philpots court room and doing the same thing everytime. It feels like groundhog day everytime we walk in there. The father has failed the drug test and got up and walked out from supervised visits,due to his son telling him he doesnt want to have anything to with him. Maybe you guys can give me some advice.
Anytime the court gets involved in private matters all you can do is bring your lube.

I personally think some of these judges would be better off sucking a cyanide pill than sitting on a bench.
just a mom

Lexington, KY

#10 Aug 14, 2010
The way I have managed for the past few years to keep my child's drug-addicted father out of our lives is to give up child support. That way, he has more money for his drugs and I don't have to worry about him. The minute he asks for visitation, I will ask the county attorney to go ahead and prepare the warrant. They have already agreed to do so if I request it and he knows this. Since he is so far behind, he would go to jail.

I am fortunate that I can support my child without child support or government assistance and I realize not everyone can do that. Just do your best to keep your child(ren) safe and good luck.
scruff mcguff

United States

#11 Aug 14, 2010
A Fayette Co. Judge told my sons mother she can do whatever drugs she wants as long as my son doesn't see it. What?!? During our court battle the judge was obviously biased against me. I've raised this kid in her absence since birth while she partied. The Judge was going to grant her (a violent drug addict) custody and order me to pay child support in the sum of the differece of our incomes (she has no job) that's my whole pay check. The only thing that saved my son was HER court appointed attorney slamming down her brief case and basicly telling the judge off. After knowing my sons mother for a couple months she had her figured out and didn't allow the judge to wreck our family. Thank God. Now, six years later, where is his mother? I don't know either.
just a mom

Lexington, KY

#12 Aug 15, 2010
Glad it worked out for you and your son, McGuff. A lot of judges seem to be unfairly biased against fathers. They should look at who is the best parent. If both are good parents, then great. If one parent is scum, then it should be a no-brainer.
Final Solution

Lexington, KY

#13 Aug 15, 2010
I think this man needs to be executed by the state for his crimes. If you can make this happen the world will be a better place. He is obviously evil and has no worth as a life form
Fed up

Louisville, KY

#14 Aug 15, 2010
It's nice to know that there is understanding and knowledgable people still around. Thanks for the input. Final Solution you are so right. It amazes me to see this man get by with his dirty record of theft and drugs,but yet he still gets a chance. The judge ordered a personal atty for the children. So we will see what happens from there.
Hopefully

Bethel, OH

#15 Aug 16, 2010
I hope you have a good child psychologist who will testify on your behalf. I'm sure at age 7 she needs one. I really hurt for you and your child.
Philpot is a quasi Christian who gets off on running people's lives. Loves the power.
I would go to the newspaper and tell your story honestly and accurately!!!!!!!!!!
onewhoknows

Evansville, IN

#16 Sep 14, 2010
Family Court Judge that degrades victims of domestic violence in court every week.

Quote: "Well ma'm its a shame you got hurt, but you shoulda known better than to talk to a man like that." In that case the DVO was dismissed.

If you watch courtroom any given Tuesday you will see degrading treatment suffered by victims of domestic violence. I am not just saying this alone. If you look in the court room the court monitor is distressed, the attorneys in the gallery are distressed, the support workers are distressed.

Words to get out so the people can see who they elected.
onewhoknows

Evansville, IN

#17 Sep 14, 2010
and to add...

DV respondents are allowed to talk to the petitioner/victim in the courtroom AFTER the no contact order has been entered. allowed to harass the victim and beg the woman to come back to them and intimidate them. it is astounding.

women are questioned if they had a beer or a drink on the night of an incident and lets hope they didn't because then the whole case turns on the woman's sinning behavior by having a beer.

if the cases involve people from "good families", dentists, doctors, LAWYERS, oftentimes those cases are called up to the bench because of the sensitive nature and the petitioners there get bullied into dropping the DVO and entering a civil no contact order. wouldn't want to hurt the wife beaters career you know.

if there are sex acts involved in the domestic violence hearing, except to hear inappropriate and unnecessary questions asked to probe into the sex life of the parties. questions about how many fingers for this act or how long for this act. and the poor victim has to relive the incident all over again when just reading from the petition would have been sufficient.

it's sick. people who have no concern about domestic violence shouldn't be the judge making decisions about domestic violence. with amanda ross recently murdered in lexington, you would think everyone would be very sensitive. however if you draw a case in the 2nd division, do not expect domestic violence or legitimate threats to your safety seriously.
scared for baby

Lexington, KY

#18 Feb 22, 2013
and i thought i was the only one having issues in philpot's courtroom...i've had custody of my nephew for 10 months (since birth); the birth mother has a mental disiblity and the birth father has a police record for leaving his daughter in a car unattended. does it matter...NO, he let them have unsupervised visits! and when the baby gets back from these visits he his always sick for two days!!!
S gate

United States

#19 Feb 22, 2013
Same thing drug addict mother , felony record , auto accidents under influence of drugs , tested positive for coke in the judges court room , left child in car , left home alone , charges for theft drugs and numorus others , boyfriend convicted felon , no home , no drivers lic , no job , in and out of jail for past 15 years , on probation and tested positive twice for drugs once being cocaine and the father has nothing no record good job never been in trouble , home the kid grew up in and in the same school district has had the kid for past 4 months and still has to pay her child support and judge wise still protecting her instead of giving the kid to the father , this is totally insane
All the same

Covington, KY

#20 Feb 22, 2013
Why do you think you can deny your kids father the right to see his own kids? A child needs both mother and father not just one or the other. Why are so many women so mean to the kids father after they split up? I'll tell you why. Because a woman don't care to hurt a kid by not letting them see there dad just to hurt the dad. They don't think about the kid. Just think about ways to hurt the dad. Ive been through the same shit. But luckily judge schrader saw through her bs and granted me joint custody. You women who are this way don't have a heart. If you do have one its cold and black.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min Limbertwig 151,299
white trash women get tattoos (Oct '11) 59 min Renee Rothschild 34
7th Street 1 hr harry 17
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 2 hr Me 1,591
Quest Community Church is Evil (Nov '10) 2 hr Quest for Sanity 553
Mary Bernice Janes 3 hr Kelly 1
Kentucky Football 3 hr yup 1
2004 bookstore (Nov '09) 11 hr matt95 5,567
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Fayette County was issued at August 31 at 3:38AM EDT

•••
•••
Lexington Dating