Man is Convicted of Murder and Sodomy...

Man is Convicted of Murder and Sodomy of Lexington Woman

There are 27 comments on the Lexington Herald-Leader story from Apr 5, 2007, titled Man is Convicted of Murder and Sodomy of Lexington Woman. In it, Lexington Herald-Leader reports that:

Prosecutors asked a Fayette jury Thursday evening to deliver a harsh punishment to Ondra L. Clay 'that reflects the lack of mercy' he showed Ebony Smith, 20, who was strangled and sodomized on May 7, 2005.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lexington Herald-Leader.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
DOT-RAT

United States

#1 Apr 5, 2007
Public defender Kate Dunn said Clay does not deserve a punishment reserved for society's most heinous killers.

She's absolutely right.

Perhaps she would like to have him live with her.
Thats a fair payment for a good defense attorney.
madee in tn

AOL

#2 Apr 6, 2007
What was the sentence? I read the article and it made me sick that this sort of sexual predator had been acquited of other crimes in the past. I support the death penalty, and in cases like this, think surely that would be considered.
some1 in ky

Batavia, OH

#3 Apr 6, 2007
i support the death penalty but he has children than i support life with no parole even after 25yrs. My prayers r wit the family and her precious son sh left behind.

Since: Jan 07

AOL

#4 Apr 7, 2007
WOW! His sister must have been shocked to find out that her poor,innocent little "Basketball Jones" was accused of Rape on 2(?)prior occasions.

DEATH PENALTY!!..ASAP

I guess not making the Cut in Basketball really pissed this guy off.

You have to put this guy away once and for all or He'll be dating one of Our Daughters
his niece

Lexington, KY

#5 Apr 7, 2007
man yall dont nothin about him.....what he did and what he didnt do...it is only between him and his god...so stop trying to play god....i luv unk
Hoked on fonics

Georgetown, KY

#7 Apr 8, 2007
We the people do know something about the person. As a matter of fact we the people just spent a lot of our money to find all of this stuff out about the person. Then, we the people gave this person a trial. Twelve of the people attended the trial and listened to the information about this person. We the people decided his guilt. It is the way God wanted it to be, remember, one nation under God? Now you want to tell the people we don't know him and we are playing God!?!?

Since: Jan 07

AOL

#6 Apr 8, 2007
TO: His Niece.
Most of us know Right from Wrong.and What your beloved Uncle did to that woman was OUTRAGEOUSLY WRONG."GOD" is a Great Excuse for you guys...I bet he's Praying to God Now!
..I smell..Bacon!
Angry2

Batavia, OH

#8 Apr 18, 2007
Killing this man will not bring that little boys mother back, but in these kind of cases my opinion is to do unto him as he did unto her and see how he likes it.He cant say that his childhood and what-not made him do it cause I had a VERY bad chidhood and I would never do a thing like this.He at least had a mother growing up,something that this poor womans son will never have.He took that away from him,and there is NO EXCUSE for that.
Mustremainunname d

Louisville, KY

#9 Apr 27, 2007
Please do not "rush to judgement" until you have been on a jury -- they would have heard a lot of facts that only a few can know. Also, the jury would not have heard about prior or upcoming charges. They had to listen to the witnesses and the known facts of this case only. They had to look at the photos of the crime scene, see the actual pieces of evidence, and deliberate whether this man INTENDED to do this to this poor woman from the beginning.
Wanna know

Louisville, KY

#10 Apr 27, 2007
Anyone heard what the sentence was today?
friend of the victim

Evansville, IN

#11 Jun 26, 2007
yo uncle is a sick monster and deservers everthing thats comin to him which is hell for eternity.....
crazy people

Lexington, KY

#12 Jun 28, 2007
I say the death penalty is to good for people like him. Laying down and taking lethal injection is to easy for people like that. I wish they still had the electric chair availble in case's like these. But I'm old fashioned and I think when someone does something as bad as this, they ought to let the family take care of him.
My name is Barbara

United States

#13 Jul 1, 2007
Most are taught since birth to forgive and forget .In cases such as this ,it is hard to do just that. I don't even think a rehab would do him any good. I think somewhere a person ither runs off the rails or just something snaps and things go to far , a lot of the time outside influences (drugs, alcohol you get the point are amjor factors in changes in behavior). Unless she was actually killed then I would say go ahead and give that man the death penatly.She on the other hand can go on with her life, get some assistance on the mental damage that she will have.But the facts about it are it "wouldn't Deem Necessary" . If this man was convicted and punished by sending him to prison.The more harshness the penalty for people who do commit these awful crimes has to be seen as mentally unstable or "ill". They should be analyzed and held in a prison for safety reasons. Not tossed in cage and fried or gased.It is so easy for people to jump to conclusion on "kill them now" thinking that it creates a empty void for the victim anyway . So to hand onto the vastness of men such as this would be an asset to the medical teams of doctors that could possibly find a reason to what causes this form of behavior in humans.Then if the person "themselves" still continue with the killings and rapes .Then its time to execute them.
My name is Barbara

United States

#14 Jul 1, 2007
Execute them.Based on the criminal history and how horrible the crimes are.
Amber

Columbia, KY

#15 Mar 3, 2008
kill hime he's worth nothing to this world. noe that family is missing an angel, and her son is left to face this world with a mother. kill him!
OOps

Plainfield, IN

#16 Mar 4, 2008
Wow Amber, you were just in another post defending a family member of yours with a questionable past...and yet here you are...
Jesse

Chicago, IL

#17 Jul 27, 2011
I was Locked up with this guy. He of course claims he is innocent. he never said how and I never asked. I didn't want to even talk with him about it. His crimes are horrible and there are a lot of people who I believe got a raw deal in prison and deserve a second chance, but "Dre" as he's called in prison deserves to die in there. I hope he never gets out.
humm

United States

#18 Jul 29, 2011
his niece wrote:
man yall dont nothin about him.....what he did and what he didnt do...it is only between him and his god...so stop trying to play god....i luv unk
its also up to God to declare him innocent but if the jury says he is guilty, that's good enough for me.
krystal

Lexington, KY

#19 Mar 27, 2012
yeah i love dre and he told me he did it i washed the clothes of the victim blood and so what i love my baby daddy
Trayvon Beyond the Grave

United States

#20 Mar 29, 2012
Damn gays... This happens every times one of them gets the AIDs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 2 hr _FLATLINE-------- 6,158
Lexington, KY "police" 5 hr Read this 48
Rachel g weaver 5 hr Joe 1
norinco sks 6 hr south lex 1
Courtney Friedman 6 hr love4ky 5
Platinum Plus 7 hr Bigmac 6
where do you meet single women in lexington? (Apr '09) 8 hr Bruce 41
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lexington Mortgages