Doomsday Preppers in KY?

Posted in the Lexington Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
kentucky dude

Louisville, KY

#1 Sep 7, 2012
Are you or someone you know prepping for doomsday? What have you/they done to prepare themselves?

Since: Sep 12

the twilight zone

#2 Sep 7, 2012
most have sought out prayer after the signs of trumpets of revaltion, niribu(wormwood is the biblical name) passing by jupiter, obama placing the final beam of world trade center as idle of terror(book of mathew), and the geological changes rapidly taking place around the world. I am a believer not a religous fanatic. plese read into the signs look into this yourself n decide waht u believe.
saygoodbye

London, KY

#3 Sep 8, 2012
If it is our time to go, it is our time. Nothing we can do about it. Just make sure the time you have is a good one.
Just Sayin

United States

#4 Sep 8, 2012
kentucky dude wrote:
Are you or someone you know prepping for doomsday? What have you/they done to prepare themselves?
me and a lot of ppl I know are prepping but I'm not gonna go in details on here. are u prepping tho?
Searching

Harrison, OH

#5 Sep 24, 2012
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
me and a lot of ppl I know are prepping but I'm not gonna go in details on here. are u prepping tho?
Looking for other preppers in NKY area email me: [email protected]
True

Louisville, KY

#6 Sep 24, 2012
A real prepper trusts nobody but their family with their prep. Any info learned by others is a weakness in your plan. They learn your plans, your layouts, your weakness. When the time comes they'll exploit your weakness and take what they need from you.

Avoid preppers that want to network at all costs. By their very nature, a real prepper is always doing in their best interest and nobody else's.
Real deal

Lexington, KY

#7 Sep 24, 2012
A real prepper is a paranoid delusional moron with a fascination in guns, dried foods and crappy camouflage. Keep buying into the hype and supporting some sick bastards "survival gear" company.
resident jerk

Jeffersonville, IN

#8 Sep 25, 2012
There are more than one type of prepper out there. I have a generator, enough food and water to last a month maybe longer. I also have other things in place for more food should I need it.

See most preppers are seen as the end of the world nut jobs. I'm preppering for events like the ice storm we had a few years back. Where I live I was without power for 3 weeks, I wasn't prepared for that event and I had to basically live at a dinner. Now I'm ready for any harsh winter or natural disaster that might knock my power out.
Just Sayin

United States

#9 Sep 25, 2012
Real deal wrote:
A real prepper is a paranoid delusional moron with a fascination in guns, dried foods and crappy camouflage. Keep buying into the hype and supporting some sick bastards "survival gear" company.
do u have ur head up ur butt that far that u don't think n e thing will ever happen. Look at the economy. national debt. food and gas prices. natural disasters. crime rate. don't b so nieve 2 think it won't continue 2 get worse. Look how great rome was....and it fell from the inside out....so eventually 1 day america will 2. I have a family and its my job 2 make sure their fed and protected and i'll do whatever it takes 2 do that.
Curious

Shepherdsville, KY

#10 Sep 25, 2012
True wrote:
A real prepper trusts nobody but their family with their prep. Any info learned by others is a weakness in your plan. They learn your plans, your layouts, your weakness. When the time comes they'll exploit your weakness and take what they need from you.
Avoid preppers that want to network at all costs. By their very nature, a real prepper is always doing in their best interest and nobody else's.
As long as theyve prepared to properly defend themself they dont have to worry about talking. If anyone tries to come take stuff their bodies can just be extra food!
oh yea

United States

#11 Sep 25, 2012
My advice is stock up on water, dry and canned foods, candles, batteries, gas and a genetator. Don't forget to stock up on ammo too because desperate people will do desperate things. Good luck.
Curious

Shepherdsville, KY

#12 Sep 25, 2012
Real deal wrote:
Anyone who thinks this is obviously very naive to the world around them. Its not their fault because there are so many WMD's(weapons of mass destraction). The only reason humans have flourished on this planet is because of our ability to prepare for a rainy day. The things I prepare for I do not believe are probable but since they are possible I must protect my family to the best of my ability. Some people just are not meant to survive these situations and there is no since trying to wake them from their slumber.
Really

Lexington, KY

#13 Sep 25, 2012
Ever think about this?
For one, America would be very difficult to attack coming from the other side of our borders. It would take navies that pretty much only America has to provide the logistical support needed to carry out an attack.

So how would one attack the US? From within. With our open borders, it is feasible that over the last decade thousands of cells could be established and just waiting for the wake up call to attack. This is how it would be done.

I mean why would DHS be buying millions of rounds of ammo. To use on us, maybe. To use on all the sleeper cells that get activated when we attack Iran.
its like this

United States

#14 Sep 25, 2012
they won't have to come from the other side they are coming now and waiting for the day when the numbers are large enough to make their move.This country is full of illegals and they need to be run out of our country. Don't hire them or rent to them and don't sell them property or trailers and they will go away.
Just Sayin

United States

#15 Sep 25, 2012
Chance favors the prepared! No matter what happens or when it happens the main thing is just b prepared 4 n e thing. Hope 4 the best, prepare 4 the worst. And never 4get that God is bigger than n e body or n e thing and is just a prayer away.
Real deal

Lexington, KY

#16 Sep 25, 2012
People still live in Rome, it didn't evaporate into nothing. People are so moronic with that statement. The government of Rome fell it's not like every Roman died they just changed. A bad economy doesn't mean the "end" is near either genius, if that was the case what happened during the great depression? All of this survivalism craze is is companies selling ordinary products that you don't need to make a buck off of the paranoia and hysteria of American people. It was done with fallout shelters during cold war, the y2k bullcrap and now the Mayan calender or black presidents or something has all you dimwits buying dry foods and ammo for the end.
Just Sayin

United States

#17 Sep 25, 2012
Who said n e thing about the end retard? that's what were talkin bout is change. fall of economy. civil unrest. And obviously the government is buying into it with the food and ammo they been buyin up. And the humvees mt sterlin pd just bought. and my point on rome is that its no longer the super empire that it was. and america is starting 2 lose its super power status. not that it will b completely gone......just severly changed.
Really

Lexington, KY

#18 Sep 25, 2012
Real deal wrote:
People still live in Rome, it didn't evaporate into nothing. People are so moronic with that statement. The government of Rome fell it's not like every Roman died they just changed. A bad economy doesn't mean the "end" is near either genius, if that was the case what happened during the great depression? All of this survivalism craze is is companies selling ordinary products that you don't need to make a buck off of the paranoia and hysteria of American people. It was done with fallout shelters during cold war, the y2k bullcrap and now the Mayan calender or black presidents or something has all you dimwits buying dry foods and ammo for the end.
The preppers that actually know what they are doing avoid those companies like the plague. Most of the stuff they design is cheap and ultimately ineffective. These companies do not follow the paradigm of keeping it simple. The preppers that actually know what they are doing usually go the old school method with items that are tried and true and been around for many years, like the P-38 can opener ;). I am a prepper and have never bought a single thing from these "prepper companies" and I am as prepared as I can be.

Just sayin....
Rich

Richmond, KY

#19 Nov 11, 2012
Email me at [email protected]
Georgetown Prepper

Lexington, KY

#20 Nov 30, 2012
The TV Show makes Preppers out to be preparing for the end of the World (in some cases). I, like most Preppers, are preparing for Emergencies (Ice Storms, etc) and the possible unrest that would come if the Economy went into Depression. If the Economy collapsed it would be crazy for a few months until things got under control. This is possible. America is not too big to fail. It never hurts to prepare, just don't get swindled.
Facebook/Georgetown Preppers- Where people chat about Prepping.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trumps inaugural all star line up looking good!!! 12 min Skeeter 99
Seagulls in Kentucky (Mar '14) 15 min Driver 10
why 22 min CPU8ZWxlQdmvoKgcp... 5
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 27 min another viewer 157,959
Want to see my wife seduced 29 min dirty martini 15
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 30 min Purple Drank 7,987
PAT That Was Married To EXHILE BANDMEMBER? 52 min Suzanne 1

Lexington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lexington Mortgages