18 day old Gavyn Henderson dies of br...

18 day old Gavyn Henderson dies of brain injury

Posted in the Lexington Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
No username specified

Scottsburg, IN

#1 Dec 23, 2010
Does anyone know the mother?
Tracey

Louisville, KY

#2 Dec 23, 2010
I dont know her but would love to deal out some vigilante justice!!!! this scum of the earth, waste of a heartbeat monster needs to be prosecuted to the fullest and I hope she is!! I have a 21 day old niece and cannot imagine her being "beaten"....my heart is aching for this baby!!!!
what a shame

Thermal, CA

#3 Dec 23, 2010
you can go to the Austin topix and find a little more.
Its just so sad that anyone could do this.
HMMM

Columbus, IN

#4 Dec 24, 2010
SHANNON AND TRAVIS HENDERSON ARE PARENTS.
sick of the addicts

Louisville, KY

#5 Dec 28, 2010
The mother is Shannon Henderson and Travis is the father is last name is not Henderson.

The mother needs help for her drug addiction but she keeps getting away with everything
Druggies

Scottsburg, IN

#6 Dec 29, 2010
they ought to take the mother and hang her from the tallest tree in the town square. ill bet if she stole a pack of cigarettes she would end up with 25 yrs in prison or life

people seem to value a pack of smokes more than a human life.

a man shot his girlfriend @ point blank range in the back of the head with a 380 hollow point he was sentenced to 10 years in prison. he got out in 3. only because the girl survived the gunshot.
I met her recently

Fort Thomas, KY

#7 Dec 29, 2010
I met Shannon and her older son when she was pregnant, she did not seem like an addict, though I've heard she has had drug problems in the past and heard that she was back at it again after the baby was born. However, when I met her she seemed like a nice person who was incredibly overwhelmed by her mentally disabled 6 year old son. Why has their been no mention of the little boy and his problems? He looks like he has down syndrome, but I don't know for sure. What I do know is that he can be very violent, he screams, spits, pulls hair, hits and bites and this was just what I saw in a half an hour. I can easily see him becoming frustrated if the baby were crying unattended for a long time and maybe he hit it to make it stop. I am not saying he did it but it was the first thing that came to my mind when I heard what happened. It seems in everything I've read everyone is jumping to the conclusion that the mother did this and I just can't see it, she was extremely patient, even indulgent with her 6 year old son, with all of his troubles. I have a hard time believing that she would lose it and hit the baby, considering the stress she must have been under dealing with her little boy during her pregnancy. Now if she was back on drugs, passed out and the baby was crying... this is a scenario I can see. In all honesty I can't see her beating her baby, she wouldn't even spank her little boy for his acting out (not saying that she should have, just saying she didn't). I think we're just gonna have to wait and see what the autopsy, lab results etc have to say, I mean if the boy hit the baby, wouldn't the size of the injury be smaller? I don't know I just think people need to wait and see and not have her tried and executed without even knowing what happened.. Also according to the news reports, there were other adults in the house at the time?
Well

United States

#8 Dec 30, 2010
I have not seen or read of any news reports stating or claiming there were other adults in the house. And in your scenario 1, if the older child did act out in someway that ultimately took the life of this innocent child, the mother is still responsible. Any normal person, (mother) with a handicapped child as you describe above would not give that child the opportunity or access to be alone with a newborn.
what

United States

#9 Dec 30, 2010
You can't know someone in just half an hour.
Friend Of Family

Pekin, IN

#10 Jan 11, 2011
Actually, there were no other adults in the home. I have been around this mother and her 6 yr old, they actually lived with me while she was pregnant with Gaven. I wish some of you who are so quick to judge could just imagine for one second what this loving mother is going through, before you persecute her in the court of public opinion. I doubt many of you have experienced what she was going through. She has a disabled son and an 18 day old baby, I would say she was probably suffering from lack of sleep & who could blame her. Who knows, maybe she went to sleep and it happened, it was later in the evening. I went to the burial with this mother and I saw real pain in her like I have never seen before, so don't judge what you can't understand. Shannon, I love you and I will always be here for you. Little man, you know I will always love you no matter what, and Gaven sleep in peace tonight.
Friend Of Family

Pekin, IN

#11 Jan 11, 2011
sick of the addicts wrote:
The mother is Shannon Henderson and Travis is the father is last name is not Henderson.
The mother needs help for her drug addiction but she keeps getting away with everything
Father is Travis Thienamen
wtt

United States

#12 Jan 11, 2011
Friend Of Family wrote:
Actually, there were no other adults in the home. I have been around this mother and her 6 yr old, they actually lived with me while she was pregnant with Gaven. I wish some of you who are so quick to judge could just imagine for one second what this loving mother is going through, before you persecute her in the court of public opinion. I doubt many of you have experienced what she was going through. She has a disabled son and an 18 day old baby, I would say she was probably suffering from lack of sleep & who could blame her. Who knows, maybe she went to sleep and it happened, it was later in the evening. I went to the burial with this mother and I saw real pain in her like I have never seen before, so don't judge what you can't understand. Shannon, I love you and I will always be here for you. Little man, you know I will always love you no matter what, and Gaven sleep in peace tonight.
The news said she came home at 10:30pm and found the baby unresponsive.Is that a lie.
ntajdge

Acton, MA

#13 Jan 12, 2011
wtt wrote:
<quoted text>The news said she came home at 10:30pm and found the baby unresponsive.Is that a lie.
so the mom wsnt even there. you folks need to quit solving a puzzle you dont know anything about. let the authorities figure it out. This mothers heart is broken. dont be hatin for no reason
So True

United States

#14 Feb 2, 2011
Does anyone have or have heard any additional information on bringing anyone to justice in this?
knows the mother

Pekin, IN

#15 Feb 9, 2011
I do know this mother and have dealt with her at length, along with her older son and have observed her not being patient with him.I have witnessed her losing control with him. And I know her mental problems and dealt with her throughout the pregnancy and the death of baby Gaven. I know she is capable of ANYTHING! Most of all lying straight to people's faces. I know for a fact that she was home with the baby, and I know for a fact that Gaven was loved by his father Travis Thieneman greatly, and Travis was helping with both her children and begging her to get help. They were not together once her lies became evident after getting pregnant, then more lies are still coming to the surface. He begged to keep the baby that night, but she did not call until the baby was unresponsive. She has broken an entire family's heart! So don't tell me what a loving mother she was!
over drug addict liers

United States

#16 Jun 10, 2011
This isn't the first person she's let die while she's off messed up on drugs. I wish nothing but the worst for her. She has made a horrible impact on my life personally.
Knows Mother

Louisville, KY

#17 Oct 28, 2011
This is the worst thing she could have ever done, I've known the mother since highschool, she has had her fair share of messing up and I completley blame this one on her. Her fiance died next to her in his sleep due to drugs over six years ago. She almost killed her older son due to leaving drugs in his reach. I think she should rot in hell, anyone one that says "that poor mother" does not know the real her. She manipulates and lies so people will believe her. I did at one point a long time ago but I do not now and I will never trust or believe her again
A friend

Lexington, KY

#18 Jul 17, 2012
You all got your wish Shannon died.
GVB

United States

#19 Jul 17, 2012
Still no closer to being reunited with Gaven because an innocent child resides in heaven!
GVB

Milwaukee, WI

#20 Jul 17, 2012
A friend wrote:
You all got your wish Shannon died.
Tell the truth,what happened a person that young just doesen't die.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Larissa Boyd (Aug '16) 14 hr Kyle 10
Cornucopia 15 hr Event seeker 1
James 15 hr Idontseeyouanymore 1
Sierra n Kevin Slayers split 15 hr Mike 41
John Lankford 16 hr Crothersvillegrad 4
Courtney crackhead Bright 16 hr Curious 4
jodie hicks (Sep '10) Tue Flloyd 19

Lexington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance