Tess Fitzgerald wins seat on Boulder Creek Rec Board

Tess Fitzgerald, an appointed incumbent, won a two-year seat on the Boulder Creek Recreation and Park board with 68 percent of the vote. Full Story
didyouknow

Santa Cruz, CA

#1 Nov 3, 2010
Ms. Fitzgerald should NOT be serving the B.C. Rec Board. Her serving seems to be a blatant Conflict of Interest according to most county codes. This code in particular: Use of influence as a county employee for personal benefit or profit. This is not right! Enough said.
isms and scisms

Santa Cruz, CA

#2 Nov 3, 2010
Good job Tess - you workaholic!
Sharon Struthers

Santa Cruz, CA

#3 Nov 3, 2010
Congratulations Tess! Boulder Creek is lucky to have you!
Derek Howe

Aptos, CA

#4 Nov 3, 2010
"appointed incumbent"? Why are there so many appointed incumbents around these parts?
mojca

Santa Cruz, CA

#5 Nov 3, 2010
Derek Howe wrote:
"appointed incumbent"? Why are there so many appointed incumbents around these parts?
Pretty fishy if you ask me.....
Abe Froman

Yountville, CA

#6 Nov 3, 2010
Congrats Tess! You deserve it!
michaela

San Francisco, CA

#7 Nov 3, 2010
Congratulations Tess.....So glad to hear you'll be in charge...You're the best...
Ezra

Aptos, CA

#8 Nov 3, 2010
I did not vote for Tess Fitzgerald and I'll tell you why. She and her staff used the Boulder Creek Family Network, a potentially wonderful group for families, to spew hatred toward her opponent. The words used were vile and slanderous. Absolutely pathetic.

If this is who Tess Fitzgerald is, then she is not fit for public office.
thereUhave it

Santa Cruz, CA

#9 Nov 3, 2010
I guess the direction of the Recreation District did turn out to be an election issue after all--2 to 1 actual residents who are eligible to vote approve!!
haters

Santa Cruz, CA

#10 Nov 3, 2010
All you haters who dont really know Tess, should quit complaining. If you don't like her, its because she wont kiss no ones behind, or get on her knees to make all you tree huggin behinds happy. She does what she does because she is good at it, or she would of NEVER won. Obviously she is doing something right, if she got that many votes. Why is it that if someone isnt a beggar, they are hated? She doesnt take crap from anyone, and all you spewers know it too. You think damn this one isnt going to take trash from anyone, we are screwed! If you dont like her, dont listen to her. Plain and simple. I say good for you Tess, and people get things in life, because they work hard for them, and they care. Things will change with Tess in the front lines, and when they do? All ya all will be wanting to be her BFF's real soon. Kissy kissy y'all!
Teacher

Aptos, CA

#11 Nov 3, 2010
haters wrote:
All you haters who dont really know Tess, should quit complaining. If you don't like her, its because she wont kiss no ones behind, or get on her knees to make all you tree huggin behinds happy. She does what she does because she is good at it, or she would of NEVER won. Obviously she is doing something right, if she got that many votes. Why is it that if someone isnt a beggar, they are hated? She doesnt take crap from anyone, and all you spewers know it too. You think **** this one isnt going to take trash from anyone, we are screwed! If you dont like her, dont listen to her. Plain and simple. I say good for you Tess, and people get things in life, because they work hard for them, and they care. Things will change with Tess in the front lines, and when they do? All ya all will be wanting to be her BFF's real soon. Kissy kissy y'all!
Grammar people. Please! Go back to school. Take an online course. Anything!
Christina

Aptos, CA

#12 Nov 3, 2010
didyouknow wrote:
Ms. Fitzgerald should NOT be serving the B.C. Rec Board. Her serving seems to be a blatant Conflict of Interest according to most county codes. This code in particular: Use of influence as a county employee for personal benefit or profit. This is not right! Enough said.
Is this true? Can you explain?
Great work

Santa Cruz, CA

#13 Nov 3, 2010
Your doing a great job Tess! Thanks for helping to make BC Parks and Rec something to be proud of! I was happy to vote for you.
LONGLOST FRIEND

Chico, CA

#14 Nov 5, 2010
GUESS YOU ARE WAY TOO BUSY WORKING FOR THIS BOARD AND THAT BOARD TO GET BACK TO YOUR DEAR FRIEND??? I HOPE I HEAR FROM YOU SOON. I'D REALLY LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU AGAIN. dEB
Boulder troll

Fremont, CA

#15 Dec 1, 2012
I think there should be a park in Boulder Creek where "normal" people can go to socialize and enjoy themselves with out worrying about getting fined for every little thing. These new parks are for yuppies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kumra Muder Trial: Jailed Ex-Prostitute Testifi... 1 hr 1st lady 1
Letters, Oct. 22, 2014: Sherman is wrong for Sa... 16 hr John Colby 9
Vagos motorcycle club targeted in Southern Cali... (Mar '06) Oct 13 Orale 4,802
San Lorenzo Park sees changes (Jun '06) Oct 3 Word on the Street 7
Coming soon to your mail box - November 4 elect... Oct 2 You are sorry 2
Watsonville pilots drill for disaster response Oct 2 I am sorry 1
Business owners fed up with recent vandalism-spree Sep 25 Go Blue Forever 4
Lexington Hills Dating
Find my Match

Lexington Hills Jobs