Tears shed for Boulder Creek teen who died in car accident

More than 50 family members and friends gathered at the Felton Bible Church Saturday to celebrate the life of Skylar Feather, the 18-year-old who died in a car accident in January. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
plainsane

New Almaden, CA

#24 Feb 23, 2009
Arrest them all wrote:
If he lived and his passenger died, he'd be facing vehicular manslaughter.
This is absolutely right, as unfortunate as all this is... when I was growing up there was a kid 18 years old whose passengers either died or survived w/ permanent brain damage and the 18 year old driver went to jail for vehicular manslaughter... similar story, but on a different road - he took the turns too fast. no way should people be passing in the oncoming lane on Felton Empire... it is always horrible when a young person dies...
Coulrophobia

San Bruno, CA

#25 Feb 23, 2009
There is a small, floral memorial on Felton Empire that I asume marks the spot of this accident (it was set up shortly after it). If that is the place, then some of the satements in this article make no sense. There is no "cliff" there, but a sharp drop into a forested ravine. It is not in a particularly dangerous place on the road -- in fact it's on the safest stretch of Felton Empire, immediatly after a hairpin turn that forces any rational driver to drop his or her speed to barely moving. It is not a place that would have a guardrail even on a perfectly maintained road, where guarrails are reserved for tight turns and more perilous stretches. The only way someone could go off the road at that point is if their speed was excessive, and they over-corrected a swerve.

I am deeply saddened that this happy young man is deceased, and I am so sorry for his family and friends. But blaming the state of the road for his death is ridiculous. He was young and impulsive and drove without care. It happens. Rest in peace.
A Friend

AOL

#26 Feb 23, 2009
Sky....rest in peace bro....thanks for being YOU and showing us the good side of everything. May heaven welcome you with open arms and may we all be reminded of your memory when the sun shines as bright as your smile. God bless your mother Rose and family and thank you for giving us such a gift as Sky was. Peace
crazy diamond

Menlo Park, CA

#27 Feb 23, 2009
downtowner wrote:
Guard rails don't help shi7 when you drive like an idiot and try to pass another car on a road that is windy and has barely enough room for 2 lanes...
its tragic that this kid died, but it was his own fault, trying to impress his lady friend passenger. So tragic.
Teen driving deaths are mostly related to inexperience... such a shame. Lets not blame his needless death on the lack of guard rails That road isnt a slot car track.
do you feel better now?
john doe

Berkeley, CA

#28 Feb 24, 2009
plainsane wrote:
<quoted text>
This is absolutely right, as unfortunate as all this is... when I was growing up there was a kid 18 years old whose passengers either died or survived w/ permanent brain damage and the 18 year old driver went to jail for vehicular manslaughter...
His name is Bryce Kurek. Thre died and one maimed. The driver went to prison for drunken vehicular manslaughter. He slammed his car into a tree, split the Lincoln Continental in two and started a huge fire on July 4, 1998...
The Road Less Traveled

Sacramento, CA

#29 Feb 24, 2009
AND the POS Kurek did not learn squat. A few years later he got another DUI on 7th Ave while out on parole. Had 2 people in the car with him. He's the one that truly deserved to be cremated..Somtimes the people who deserve 2nd chance don't live to get one.. That's Life ..and Death
plainsane

Gilroy, CA

#30 Feb 25, 2009
john doe wrote:
<quoted text>
His name is Bryce Kurek. Thre died and one maimed. The driver went to prison for drunken vehicular manslaughter. He slammed his car into a tree, split the Lincoln Continental in two and started a huge fire on July 4, 1998...
unfortunately, it was someone else, I wasn't talking about the santa cruz area. sorry if i didn't make that clear.
Gary

San Jose, CA

#32 Feb 26, 2009
Xanthippe wrote:
My heart goes out to the family and friends of this young man.
<quoted text>
Unintended consequence of guard rails along this road would be bouncing back into the opposite lane of traffic and causing a head on collision.
We can't child-proof the world. People need to take care themselves while out and about.
young drivers do need help, don't you recall be 18 and foolish once ? ever been to Europe and seen their road system? it makes ours look 19th century. it's a joke.
Justimagine

Hillsboro, OR

#35 Jan 21, 2013
john doe wrote:
<quoted text>
His name is Bryce Kurek. Three died and one maimed. The driver went to prison for drunken vehicular manslaughter. He slammed his car into a tree, split the Lincoln Continental in two and started a huge fire on July 4, 1998...
It was a 4 door, Volvo that Kurek was driving not a Lincoln. He was driving at an extremely high rate of speed when he drove head on into a tree. He did not learn a thing in jail because he had another DUI a few years after being released from prison.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vagos motorcycle club targeted in Southern Cali... (Mar '06) Oct 13 Orale 4,802
San Lorenzo Park sees changes (Jun '06) Oct 3 Word on the Street 7
Coming soon to your mail box - November 4 elect... Oct 2 You are sorry 2
Watsonville pilots drill for disaster response Oct 2 I am sorry 1
Business owners fed up with recent vandalism-spree Sep 25 Go Blue Forever 4
entitled punk ass bitch kids Sep '14 old man 1
Santa Cruz County celebrates new cyclist safety... Sep '14 eliot radii 3
Lexington Hills Dating
Find my Match

Lexington Hills Jobs