First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“The hip hop Samurai”

Since: Aug 08

Edo-era Japan

#1 Nov 11, 2013
I was stopped today at the doors. They are checking recites again. The guy there told me that they got a new person in charge of loss protection and if you dont have it in a bag like milk or bottle water or bleach or dog food then its check up time.
Honest Abe

London, KY

#2 Nov 11, 2013
hellhoundforhire wrote:
I was stopped today at the doors. They are checking recites again. The guy there told me that they got a new person in charge of loss protection and if you dont have it in a bag like milk or bottle water or bleach or dog food then its check up time.
Your honest people won't have to worry...will they now!!!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#3 Nov 11, 2013
Said they will be checking receipts through the holidays because of so much theft. They will get tired of me asking them to bag my 50 lb. bag of dog food, my pkg. of 32 bottles of water etc. I'll just tell them "you made the rule now find a bag to put it in"! Do you know thieves watch for newly thrown down receipts in the parking lot , go back in the store with a bag stuffed in their purse or pocket, pick up that item and head out the door. If they are stopped they pull out the receipt. The greeter marks it and away they go. Those greeters never even read the receipts anyway. They just look at the date and highlight it. Walmart needs to wise up. BTW a thief told me about this.
geisha girl

Somerset, KY

#4 Nov 11, 2013
Sounds like you need to make some new friends.
Freda Stamford

London, KY

#5 Nov 11, 2013
Thieves & liars. Odd pair or not

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#6 Nov 11, 2013
geisha girl wrote:
Sounds like you need to make some new friends.
I didn't say it was a friend. Don't hang with thieves.

“Expect the unexpected”

Since: Dec 09

Or maybe not

#7 Nov 11, 2013
I was given the same warning by someone I used to know. Ionly throw down the ones for cigarettes.
ric123

London, KY

#8 Nov 12, 2013
maybe those magnetic strips in all walmart products will go off in the metal detecters,will caught you?

“it must be the money”

Since: Oct 09

monticello,ky

#9 Nov 12, 2013
maybe those magnetic strips in all walmart products will go off in the metal detecters,will catch you?
FRANKIEPOT

London, KY

#10 Nov 12, 2013
It depends who is checking receipts. Last night it was a man. I was walking in and a hot little black headed lady was pushing her cart out and he smiled and waved her on.

When I (a short little ugly man) walked toward the door with my one bag of 3 items, he stopped me, looked me up and down and finally marked my receipt.

I'm wearing a black wig and fake boobies the next time I go to wal-mart here.
Concerned

Nancy, KY

#11 Nov 12, 2013
Wings of a Dove wrote:
Said they will be checking receipts through the holidays because of so much theft. They will get tired of me asking them to bag my 50 lb. bag of dog food, my pkg. of 32 bottles of water etc. I'll just tell them "you made the rule now find a bag to put it in"! Do you know thieves watch for newly thrown down receipts in the parking lot , go back in the store with a bag stuffed in their purse or pocket, pick up that item and head out the door. If they are stopped they pull out the receipt. The greeter marks it and away they go. Those greeters never even read the receipts anyway. They just look at the date and highlight it. Walmart needs to wise up. BTW a thief told me about this.
All they have to do is mark each receipt as you go out the door...If someone givem them a receipt thats already been marked then they are busted...Simple really to stop people from picking up receipts and trying to use them again..
see tom steal

Monticello, KY

#12 Nov 12, 2013
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
All they have to do is mark each receipt as you go out the door...If someone givem them a receipt thats already been marked then they are busted...Simple really to stop people from picking up receipts and trying to use them again..
wise thiefs know to not use marked receipts. That would be dumb,plus many get through without getting checked in somerset.Walmart loses multi millions to theft each year.
Concerned

Somerset, KY

#13 Nov 12, 2013
Right..But have the people at the door mark every receipt..If they need to put 2 people at the doors marking receipts....
Concerned

Somerset, KY

#14 Nov 12, 2013
And lots of theft at walmart are by the employees...I know some people that work at walmart and I know some of the ways employees do steal from there and help customers steal also for a little cash on the side..
oops

Monticello, KY

#17 Nov 13, 2013
ric123 wrote:
maybe those magnetic strips in all walmart products will go off in the metal detecters,will caught you?
I have been stopped a couple times because item wasn't scanned right but was paid for and showed on the receipt.electronics is bad for this. whatever anyone says it is true walmart gets ripped off majorly every year. how it's done is the sneaky ways thieves know to get by with it. Many are caught because they are just dumb at stealing. a man in my neighborhood always has some item from walmart he wants to sell real cheap.(((HOT))) or not????

“The hip hop Samurai”

Since: Aug 08

Edo-era Japan

#18 Nov 13, 2013
Its one of those things. Its a store so you know there will be theft. They are all the time thinking of new ways. I don't mind taking an extra 30 seconds or so for them to check my recite and highlight it. I don't have anything to hide.
Kami

London, KY

#19 Nov 14, 2013
High
Prices for thieves. They cover costs that way
Big deal

Campbellsville, KY

#20 Nov 14, 2013
I retired from there.they know me by name.i never stole anything,and they still mark my receipts.they have to mark so many or they get into trouble with mgmt.theyre just doing what they're told.thats all any of us do at our jobs.so please have your receipt in hand as you exit with your purchase ,and as always,thank you for shopping at your local Walmart Store.
me me

Madisonville, KY

#21 Nov 20, 2013
I have a better idea. Take the receipts home with you
and throw them in the trash. There is enough litter
without your contributions.
Geisha Girl

London, KY

#22 Nov 26, 2013
Let's put the blame where it really needs to be, the CEOs in Bentonville, Ark. They are the ones responsible for all the theft. They pass down the word to cut employee hours and that is the reason there aren't enough employees to watch for thieves and serve the customers like they want to be and it's not just your local store it's all over. If you have a Facebook page look for a group called "Organization United for Respect" and read how Walmart employees are being treated all over. They are being fired for the STUPIDEST stuff. Come on people, instead of bitching and whining about having your little receipt marked because your pride is hurt, try looking at the big picture and try walking a mile in their shoes. "Judge not lest ye be judged!"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington-Fayette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
City County 20 min Geek 3
joe cooper and anita harris getting married? (Jan '15) 38 min Anita 9
Brian miles tmmk 1 hr Cindy 29
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Katherine 143,119
misty lancaster (Dec '12) 1 hr Misty 13
mclane shifts 1 hr Ellie 1
Nick parsons (Jun '14) 1 hr lil c 23
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lexington-Fayette Mortgages