Is their a church in Lexington that welcomes gay's

Posted in the Lexington-Fayette Forum

First Prev
of 26
Next Last
just me

Lexington, KY

#1 Nov 19, 2009
I would like to attend a church reguarly but would like to attend a church where I can be myself and not constanly feeling like the church was trying to convert me to being straight. I am who I am and I just want to worship the lord.
hello there

Nicholasville, KY

#2 Nov 19, 2009
good luck
holla

Stanton, KY

#3 Nov 19, 2009
just me wrote:
I would like to attend a church reguarly but would like to attend a church where I can be myself and not constanly feeling like the church was trying to convert me to being straight. I am who I am and I just want to worship the lord.
what lord u want to worship, being gay is a sin and and the lord doesnt condone it, so good luck.
Angel

Dayton, OH

#4 Nov 19, 2009
holla - God wanted me to tell you he doesn't condone you being an insufferable bitch, so good luck.
holla

Stanton, KY

#5 Nov 19, 2009
Angel wrote:
holla - God wanted me to tell you he doesn't condone you being an insufferable bitch, so good luck.
im just stating whats in the bible, you dont have to be so rude!
just me

Lexington, KY

#6 Nov 19, 2009
if its a sin then why was I born this way. I can remember being attacted to men at a very early age. You can tell me I chose to be "gay" at 6 years old. NO body would chose to live thru the hell i been through with being made fun of
holla

Stanton, KY

#7 Nov 19, 2009
how the hell would you know you were gay at 6 years old, iwasnt even interested in women till i was like 14 or something like that. god gave us free will to choose.adam and eve not adam and steve

Since: Sep 09

Madisonville, KY

#8 Nov 19, 2009
just me wrote:
Hey yea Im gay as well, havent had a chance to attend it but there is one church, the preacher is a woman btw, i believe a lesbian... they even have a website...http://www.uucl.org/ ...hope that helps... btw do u know of a woman that would not mind to carry a child for a gay guy?
just me

Lexington, KY

#9 Nov 19, 2009
I didnt say I knew I was gay, I said I was attracted to men at 6, I still can remember being very attracted to my teacher. Growing up feeling this way left me very confused until I understood the meaning of Gay. You can feel the way you want it doesnt change the way I know I have always been. Believe me I have tried to change and have begged god to change me.
Smith

Columbus, OH

#10 Nov 19, 2009
If you are smart you will stay away from these cult groups. your probably better off being a good person and taking care of yourself. if you think you have problems now. add a little religion to the mix than your going to be more overwhelmed. if you do feel the need for religion. read your bible and pray along you probably will feel much better. don't try fitting in with such an establishment of haters. somewhere in their religion they have the firm belief that hate is a option.
zombie

Dayton, OH

#11 Nov 19, 2009
holla:"im just stating whats in the bible"
Now holla, you give me the chapter and verse where is says homosexuality is a sin and I will give a scholarly interpretation for that text that says otherwise. Not something I made up but ones that theologians came up with. I will be happy to cite my sources for you.
Of course the only thing that proves is that different people believe different things about the same text. My beliefs may not be correct, yours could be mistaken. So why not live and let live? Even if you could somehow prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that homosexuality is a sin that doesn't mean gay people will go to hell. There are many types of sin and all but blasphemy of the Holy Spirit are forgiven. Gay people have as much right to attend church as heterosexual sinners, of which I am one. You too holla. Church is not an exclusive club for the pure and righteous. They don't need church. Sinners do. So how about laying off the judgemental crap, remember the Bible said judge not lest ye be judged. Show me a different interpretation of that!
Actual Answer

Lexington, KY

#12 Nov 19, 2009
Woodland Christian Church near Woodland Park has a good deal of homosexual members.
holla

Stanton, KY

#13 Nov 19, 2009
zombie wrote:
holla:"im just stating whats in the bible"
Now holla, you give me the chapter and verse where is says homosexuality is a sin and I will give a scholarly interpretation for that text that says otherwise. Not something I made up but ones that theologians came up with. I will be happy to cite my sources for you.
Of course the only thing that proves is that different people believe different things about the same text. My beliefs may not be correct, yours could be mistaken. So why not live and let live? Even if you could somehow prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that homosexuality is a sin that doesn't mean gay people will go to hell. There are many types of sin and all but blasphemy of the Holy Spirit are forgiven. Gay people have as much right to attend church as heterosexual sinners, of which I am one. You too holla. Church is not an exclusive club for the pure and righteous. They don't need church. Sinners do. So how about laying off the judgemental crap, remember the Bible said judge not lest ye be judged. Show me a different interpretation of that!
you are correct.im not judging,im just saying what ive heard since i was little.i actually have a couple gay friends, idont judge them but when it comes to religion i just dont know!
salvadore

Columbus, OH

#14 Nov 19, 2009
holla wrote:
<quoted text>you are correct.im not judging,im just saying what ive heard since i was little.i actually have a couple gay friends, idont judge them but when it comes to religion i just dont know!
Just remember that God is the final judge. He is a just one and Im sure with all the sins that are out there i don't think being gay will get top priority. i usually laugh when i hear people say what will jesus do. I think he would love these people as much as the next person. if people got past the sex thing i feel that it wouldn't be such a problem for gay citizens.
GARY

Rockville, MD

#15 Nov 19, 2009
Your sexual orientation has no bearing on your earthly relationship with GOD. HE will make that decision at a later date.

Whether HE will condone such activity, I do not know and surely do not care. It is not my business or duty to care. The BIBLE contains the WORD of GOD and you may interpret it as you please. This is one of the granted freedoms here.

But I have the right of association (as does everyone) as you have a right to your sexual preferences. I personally choose not to interact with homosexuals. I also believe that differing religious groups can say who they can allow in their congregation.

Surely in this promiscuous world, you can find a religious group that will accept you. Just have respect for those that do not share your beliefs.
nasty

Versailles, KY

#16 Nov 19, 2009
next thing we'll have is an all gay church and they'll claim God is gay, what a world.
from the Right

Versailles, KY

#17 Nov 19, 2009
actually God loves everybody, even gays, but hates sin, so to put it bluntly, God loves the sinner but hates the sin and gay sex is a huge sin, and for all non believers gay sex is also un natural and not normal in nature, its some kind of disorder.
zombie

Dayton, OH

#18 Nov 19, 2009
I like the cut of your jib salvadore!lol
I'm not really sure what that's supposed to mean but it sounds cool. Anyway, I like the way you think.
just me

Lexington, KY

#19 Nov 20, 2009
from the Right wrote:
actually God loves everybody, even gays, but hates sin, so to put it bluntly, God loves the sinner but hates the sin and gay sex is a huge sin, and for all non believers gay sex is also un natural and not normal in nature, its some kind of disorder.
so are you saying its a disorder that can be cured by medication?? where do i get my prescription??
GARY

Rockville, MD

#20 Nov 20, 2009
just me wrote:
<quoted text>

so are you saying its a disorder that can be cured by medication?? where do i get my prescription??
It's a disorder that has to be addressed by therapy. Whether you need medication will be determined by the psychiatrist.

Or you can choose to live that lifestyle. It is all about what you want and expect from society. Will most others accept it, not likely.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 26
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington-Fayette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Leggett platt 4 min Brian 2
Bail bondsman 5 min caught 5
Leggett & Platt (Jul '10) 24 min Shove it 59
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 25 min Reality Check 136,234
Band director let go at SCHS 26 min pissed 3
2004 bookstore (Nov '09) 31 min shelly Mae 6,142
Guy in Red Dodge...who is he? 32 min hmm 6
More from around the web

Lexington-Fayette People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]