First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Jenn

Monticello, KY

#1 Oct 29, 2013
With filing starting for upcoming elections, who all are running for public offices?
Sambo

Monticello, KY

#2 Oct 30, 2013
All those that properly file their papers will run.
Hilda

Elizabethtown, KY

#3 Oct 31, 2013
Tim Catron is running for sheriff.
Robert Ellis is running for jailer.
Lonnie Chaplin is running for PVA
Who thinks the incumbents have competition?
Halloween

United States

#4 Oct 31, 2013
Charlie Boston for sheriff! Go Charlie go! None of rest stAnd a chance! Ellis for jailer.
annie

Monticello, KY

#5 Oct 31, 2013
boston if he runs will have comp. pva office should have changed after the first term that jerk was in there. jailer will be close again. this could be the year all the upchurchs get out. magistrates is what I really want to hear about.
clean house

United States

#6 Oct 31, 2013
It is time they all were voted out. That would take a clean election. That is next to impossible in Monticello. Money buys offices and votes. It is time to clean house and get rid of all of them. Jailer needs to be changed. Magistrates are a joke. They won't even take care of the roads in their districts. Sheriff needs to be all cleaned up deputies and all.
Star

Campbellsville, KY

#8 Nov 2, 2013
clean house wrote:
It is time they all were voted out. That would take a clean election. That is next to impossible in Monticello. Money buys offices and votes. It is time to clean house and get rid of all of them. Jailer needs to be changed. Magistrates are a joke. They won't even take care of the roads in their districts. Sheriff needs to be all cleaned up deputies and all.
I agree with you about the Sheriff needing to be cleaned out. He has done nothing for the county in ALL the years he's been in. As for the magistrates, I can only speak for the one in my district. I think we have a great one! Our roads look good. He is always ready to take action on any problem in our area. I think PVA , clerk, and jailer will and should stay the same. They are all doing a great job!!
rusty

Lexington, KY

#9 Nov 2, 2013
I also think its time for a change in 99% of the offices. I will vote for a change in judge, sheriff, pva. clerk is good and should stay. jailer I am still deciding on but am leaning to vote change there also. I have talked with a lot of people and most think its change time.
whoa 1

Greensburg, KY

#10 Nov 3, 2013
I think that perhaps it is time for a clean slate in our county and certainly a change in our federal government. Our congress is a joke as they are there now simply to get a paycheck.
I am now feeling that our local government is getting the same attitude. If we want most of them to simply sit on their behinds every day and stay long enough to collect a nice pension then we are to blame if we don't ask anything of them. Vote for a change or ask them to work for us.
whosnext

London, KY

#11 Nov 3, 2013
I hope we get the change this county needs. More jobs. Maybe someone who will help

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#12 Nov 3, 2013
Hilda wrote:
Ronnie Ellis will make them wish they never came to that jail. What a jerk.

Location hidden

#13 Nov 3, 2013
whoa 1 wrote:
I think that perhaps it is time for a clean slate in our county and certainly a change in our federal government. Our congress is a joke as they are there now simply to get a paycheck.
I am now feeling that our local government is getting the same attitude. If we want most of them to simply sit on their behinds every day and stay long enough to collect a nice pension then we are to blame if we don't ask anything of them. Vote for a change or ask them to work for us.
You are right about the local offices. They have done absolutely zilch for the city/county!

Location hidden

#14 Nov 3, 2013
Hilda wrote:
That is supposed to be ROBERT. Sorry bout that. Even though Ronnie is as big a jerk. They can get mean!
whoa 1

Greensburg, KY

#15 Nov 3, 2013
Wings of a Dove wrote:
<quoted text>That is supposed to be ROBERT. Sorry bout that. Even though Ronnie is as big a jerk. They can get mean!
We don't really need someone who is mean or a big jerk as jailer! We do need someone who is firm, strict, and who will run a clean and sharp jail program without favortism and without looking for any payoffs, etc. You can run a jail and run a clean program and it still be run great. If you aware that Ellis is a big jerk why in hades should we vote someone like that into office!
Let's make every attempt to vote good honest people into these offices who will do the job correctly and someone we can proud of. We have the opportunity to do it right. Wake up America...
voting

London, KY

#16 Nov 4, 2013
We need people with values in office. Who are truthful to the people who elect them. Who think of the people in the community and not their own agenda. A vote is a powerful thing. Before voting do your homework. Check on the people that's in office. See what they have done. Check on the folks running against them. What's their potential? What have they done? I think we should have a good debate.
lora

Monticello, KY

#17 Nov 4, 2013
better thing to think about is what have they done new or to improve the office they hold. most of them are just sitting there drawing their check. trying to keep everything the same and not even looking to improve our county or their collective office.
voting

London, KY

#18 Nov 5, 2013
It will be the same ol song and dance. People who argue and cuss about elected officials until 3 months before election. Then we will see new blacktop. All the politicians out at all the functions, volunteering, showing they care for our county. Well, what about the other 3 yrs 9 months they are elected? Or what about the others running? What have they done? Go to a fiscal court meeting. They last 15 min. I'd love to see a public debate. Voters of this county deserve to see where there votes go.
Yuck pleas

Monticello, KY

#19 Nov 7, 2013
Halloween wrote:
Charlie Boston for sheriff! Go Charlie go! None of rest stAnd a chance! Ellis for jailer.
sheriff we need a new one !!!' I could tell stories would make your head stand !!
polevault

Somerset, KY

#21 Nov 8, 2013
Everyone has skeletons in the closet. Not a fan of anyone running. No one who can help Wayne co grow. Same guys running for the same offices. Look at somerset grow. Even Albany. Wayne stays the same. You got to change your leaders to change your future. Same leaders in office same results
heather

Ashburn, VA

#22 Nov 8, 2013
polevault wrote:
Everyone has skeletons in the closet. Not a fan of anyone running. No one who can help Wayne co grow. Same guys running for the same offices. Look at somerset grow. Even Albany. Wayne stays the same. You got to change your leaders to change your future. Same leaders in office same results
you need to know the people running against the incumbents. Are you going to move ahead or take two steps back? Albany isn't growing, it got a new road through it. Always been a dump. Somerset is just a bigger city and naturally has more money for growth. I think the leaders of our city and county are doing a wonderful job except for our sheriff. We really need a leader who will respond to calls all he does is hang out at the pawn shop and gab with people. The drug problem has taken over and our fine sheriff has turn the other cheek and filled his pockets.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington-Fayette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min Le Jimbo 153,984
Back Porch at Lake Linville 17 min lmmfao 2
hot stripper at camalot east (Dec '11) 20 min karmakicks 85
tabetha kates 22 min concerned 12
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 24 min Stop The War On Coal 5,455
best snitches in nicholasville (Nov '12) 33 min Eric 37
Cherokee up to $6505 34 min Beep beep beep 5
•••
•••
•••

Lexington-Fayette Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Lexington-Fayette People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••