First Prev
of 4
Next Last
FixThings

Somerset, KY

#1 May 6, 2013
That's it - I've had it! This water is DISGUSTING! Something has to be done. I'm tired of whoever's responsibility it is to fix things sitting on his or her lazy butt and not putting forth all the dedication and work that needs to be done in order to bring our town CLEAN water. I've never been to another town where the water from the tap was this terrible. It's absurd and it's embarrassing.

Does anyone have any information on WHY the water tastes like it does? Old pipes? Water tower unclean? Poor filtering equipment? And whose responsibility is it to fix this?
Ikr

Manchester, KY

#2 May 6, 2013
it taste so bad it gags me to brush my teeth I wish they would look into it we pay way to much for our water to not be able to drink it
just me

Jackson, KY

#3 May 6, 2013
I will not drink it I don't even like to shower with it it stinks so bad. has to be the worst tasting water in the world.water out of a mudhole would have to taste better than that $hit.
shelley

Somerset, KY

#4 May 6, 2013
necktie Bryant would rather spend all the money on renfro valley instructure,and waste the rest of it on that corrupt police dept.
Friend

London, KY

#5 May 7, 2013
We need to get someone in here to test this nasty stuff , before it kills us all !!! Mike Bryant don't give a sh, t about anything in this town , except his son being a cop , and his own big fat pay check , does anyone know of anything he has done for the people since he's been in there ?
Rock4life

Marysville, IN

#6 May 7, 2013
Call wlex18 they will investigate and find out why its like that
Ikr

Manchester, KY

#7 May 7, 2013
the pva will be raising our taxes big time this year so maybe they can use the money for the better of Rockcastle instead of in their pockets like clean water
Friend

London, KY

#8 May 7, 2013
If you think it's bad now , wait till hot weather ,is stinks so bad then your clothes smell just like it no matter what det , or fabric softner you use ,!! It's got to be bad for our health , we have filters on ours but it dosent help !!!
School

London, KY

#9 May 7, 2013
The kids at school can't drink that crap , they charge a dollar a bottle for water , that's ok if you have the money , but I know a lot of parents with more than one kid just can't afford it , that's inhumane ,
Wake Up Mount Vernon

Redmond, WA

#10 May 7, 2013
Wasn't it on the LEX news a couple of weeks ago where the Mayor of Richmond cut his salary down to about HALF of what he made previously?

If true, then that means that the taxpayers of Mount Vernon are paying their Mayor TWICE what Richmond taxpayers are paying their Mayor.

Maybe MV's mayor needs to do the same.
just me

Jackson, KY

#11 May 7, 2013
Wake Up Mount Vernon wrote:
Wasn't it on the LEX news a couple of weeks ago where the Mayor of Richmond cut his salary down to about HALF of what he made previously?
If true, then that means that the taxpayers of Mount Vernon are paying their Mayor TWICE what Richmond taxpayers are paying their Mayor.
Maybe MV's mayor needs to do the same.
I agree with you 100%.I also bet that our good mayor don't drink that nasty a$$ water.Something has gonna have to be done its ashame when you cant drink your water that you pay for each month im getting tired of paying for it and it just keeps getting higher every year.I hope somebody calls somebody to get our water drinkable again get that shit tested or get the plant fixed.
Hmmmm

United States

#12 May 9, 2013
There is a huge issue with your water. We came through there the other day, got drinks at Wendys and it tasted like dirty dishwater.

It can't be safe to drink. You all deserve better water.
Stock Hound

United States

#13 May 9, 2013
At least it is lake water and not coming from the Trinity aqu filter ground water which has dropped considerable in the exteam drought that 94% of TX is under now. I imagine all you people complaining need to realize Mount Vernon has a very small tax base. If you don't like it filter it yourself.
yuk

Manchester, KY

#14 May 9, 2013
Is Rockcastle raising our taxes? I hope not we have nothing here to show for. Our houses will not sell mine has been on the market for over 2 years
Rusty Shackleford

Somerset, KY

#15 May 9, 2013
Nice picture in the paper of our fine mayor congratulating the water dep. on the fine job they do.They aren't going to spend any money on their nasty tasting water.All they ever say is that it's safe,well at least it might not kill us! When you look over the dam while driving on I-75,you can see about a 2 foot ring of what looks like brown turd remnants around the top of that pond or holding tank or whatever it is.
erin

Bloomington, IN

#16 May 9, 2013
We need Erin Brockovich to come and investigate. There is no telling what is really in our water. A lot of people around here have kidney stones and other more serious health issues. I wonder if it's related?
nope

United States

#17 May 9, 2013
I contacted the news channel and asked if they would send investigate team down here they said they will look into it
Debi M

London, KY

#18 May 9, 2013
I agree with the bad tasting water. A mix of dirt & bleach. Who delivers water to homes in the Brodhead area? I have tried everyone including Climax. They would make a killing in our area.
Why

Somerset, KY

#19 May 9, 2013
It probaly won't kill anyone because we can't drink the nasty crap , why should we have to live like this , it's 2013 , hell they Nike water safe in other countrys , but good ole rockcastle are so far back In time , people make fun of this place , we can't serve a decent cup of coffee to the tourist !!
yuck

Manchester, KY

#20 May 10, 2013
it even comes through the fountain pop at McDonalds yuck Doen any one know anybody that can run any type of test on water maybe at work or something maybe they could sample it for us

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington-Fayette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Celebrities From Monticello (Feb '12) 15 min mindmybusioness 60
Food Stamps 21 min Fight song 21
Nude Recreation (May '11) 28 min Nudist friend 378
Wut ya'll think bout dat dude justin adams?? (Apr '09) 31 min Ghost 9
Behaviors 33 min Ghost 9
Emily (Aug '13) 44 min tatguy1211 29
Quest Community Church is Evil (Nov '10) 1 hr Lyn 570
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lexington-Fayette Mortgages