'Soundproofing' of road starts

'Soundproofing' of road starts

There are 3 comments on the Lexington Herald-Leader story from Jun 25, 2006, titled 'Soundproofing' of road starts. In it, Lexington Herald-Leader reports that:

It's through persistence, not politics, that Rob Parker and some of his neighbors are getting a new -- and one-of-a-kind -- concrete wall behind their homes to block the noise from Interstate 75 traffic, Parker ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lexington Herald-Leader.

gnelcatagnes nelson

AOL

#1 Jun 26, 2006
yes i think any one living near interstates where there is heavy rraFFIC SHOULD HAVE THESE WALLS MY DAUGHTER WHO LIVES IN COLUMBUS HAS ONE NEAR HER HOME AND YOU WOULD NEVERKNOW THAT THEREE WAS ALL THAT HEAVY TRAFFIC
Karen Travis

Happy, KY

#2 Aug 8, 2006
I agree with the barrier simply because I live off exit 113. The sound is very loud. My husband and I are installing an eight foot privacy fence in hopes that is will help buffer the sound some. I know that it will not take care of all of it but I would like my daughter to play outside without creating hearing problems. I would appreciate any funding of concret walls for all of I-75 in larger citys.
Cursed

Clarksburg, WV

#3 Oct 27, 2012
My neighbors cut down a huge healthy weeping williow, then promptly moved. All of the sudden, Manowar blvd noise increased dramTically

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington-Fayette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Those that Boycot the flag 4 min Mr wonderful 15
Why do I constantly Stink 4 min just stinkin 5
do you have a question concerning liberals ? 7 min Mr wonderful 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 24 min Justified Justice 167,955
1950s & 60s music Sat Cedric aka cocaine 9
yes I'm iam a hater I hate you! Sat Cedric aka cocaine 1
the bit*h Alice nasir Sep 22 Cedric aka cocaine 8

Lexington-Fayette Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lexington-Fayette Mortgages