Church baptizing dogs
You Are

Richmond, KY

#2 Oct 26, 2013
A dumbass. She was "blessing" the animals, not baptizing them, dweeb.
You Are

Georgetown, KY

#4 Oct 26, 2013
Still a dumbass, and I hesitate to dignify your stupidity with an answer, but here goes: we ask God to bless our food, we say "bless you" when someone sneezes. Bless means to "look upon with favor". St. Francis is the Patron Saint of animals and originated the practice of blessing them. To many people, animals are like family. To ask Him to look upon them with favor is not sacreligious. God even caused a donkey to speak in the Old Testament (look it up!)
spanky

Bowling Green, KY

#5 Oct 26, 2013
EnoughAlready wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, okay. Yes. I'm the dweeb? Oh, because that totally makes more sense that the dogs are BLESSED instead of BAPTIZED.
Did you take your animal for her to "bless"?
Seriously, I want to know what church this was and who "she" is. To think that BLESSING DOGS is not absurd. I really would like to speak to someone from this church.
You, obviously, are delusional. No conversation here wth you. An intelligent one anyways.
It's hilarious when one religious crackpot calls out another religious crackpot for being nuts hehe.

"Hey, my unprovable invisible deity with magic powers does not approve your fantasy of your invisible deity with magic powers."

nuts
JeanoJ

Toledo, OH

#6 Oct 27, 2013
spanky wrote:
<quoted text>It's hilarious when one religious crackpot calls out another religious crackpot for being nuts hehe.

"Hey, my unprovable invisible deity with magic powers does not approve your fantasy of your invisible deity with magic powers."

nuts
It's hilarious when a non-religious crackpot calls out a religious crackpot for being nuts. Your theory, or non-theory, is no different. Everyone has different beliefs about the universe.
JeanoJ

Toledo, OH

#7 Oct 27, 2013
JeanoJ wrote:
<quoted text>It's hilarious when a non-religious crackpot calls out a religious crackpot for being nuts. Your theory, or non-theory, is no different. Everyone has different beliefs about the universe.
Because all theory's of how and why we are here are "unprovable".

Since: Jan 13

Lexington, KY

#9 Oct 27, 2013
youarewolves wrote:
<quoted text>
After reading this thread, I understand completely why more people are going to hell than heaven.
You all are prime examples as to why this world is horrible.
Unprovable---made up vocabulary.
made up religion.
made up theories.
My religion is straight up perfect, understandable, PROVABLE, real, unconditional, and worthy.
God. He's real. He's alive. He's all-knowing.
I'm not surprised that there are not more who knows this. Sad for all of you.
How is your religion provable?, you cannot prove or disprove heaven or hell. Your religion is a belief.
Hmm

Pikeville, KY

#11 Oct 27, 2013
EnoughAlready wrote:
What was the church that held a service to baptize the congregations dogs a couple of weeks ago? Woman "preacher". WLEX featured the story on the 12:30 noon show with Chris Goodman and Lee Cruse.
Doesn't anyone find this a mockery to God?
Prolly not any more of a mockery than Topix,lol.
spanky

Bowling Green, KY

#12 Oct 31, 2013
JeanoJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Because all theory's of how and why we are here are "unprovable".
Why why in the world would anyone make statements and pretend they know?

To state that you know is to state you're full of BS.
spanky

Bowling Green, KY

#13 Oct 31, 2013
JeanoJ wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hilarious when a non-religious crackpot calls out a religious crackpot for being nuts. Your theory, or non-theory, is no different. Everyone has different beliefs about the universe.
...but I don't have a theory at all. That's the difference between you and I. I simply don't fill my mouth with BS and pretend I know by making up stories.
skyyme

Louisville, KY

#14 Nov 1, 2013
uhhhh what? if you don't believe in a GOD you are an idiot, one earth,perfect oxygen level,perfect distance from sun,perfect amount of water to land. even brain suergeons will tell ya there has to be a GOD. blessing animals --- is not baptizing them. yes it is prolly a silly waste of time ,but, it isn't blasphame. God put animals on earth to service us, food, companions whatever. As a Christian who yessss is a catholic. don't insult mine or others intelligence with your HATE . I fail, I fall and try to live up to JESUS's hopes for us. slamming my beliefs wont get you into heaven and wont convert anyone---work out your salvation like the apostle peter "with fear and trembling"--he knew Jesus---do you?
spanky

Bowling Green, KY

#15 Nov 12, 2013
skyyme wrote:
uhhhh what? if you don't believe in a GOD you are an idiot, one earth,perfect oxygen level,perfect distance from sun,perfect amount of water to land. even brain suergeons will tell ya there has to be a GOD.
That's some funny logic right there. There are two ways to look at the "perfect oxygen level" issue. First and foremost, it's likely that if the oxygen level were different, we would've just evolved to use a different level -- no biggie. Secondly, if the oxygen level were significantly different (which possibly wouldn't allow life) then we wouldn't be here to make the observation.

For example, if the earth were 5000F instead of a comfy 75F, life never would have evolved. Because it is a comfy temperature, we're here with the luxury of saying "ain't it just awesome that the earth is perfect for us?" The fact we are here in a comfy world says nothing (for or against) god.
binaround

Versailles, KY

#16 Nov 12, 2013
Idiot Baptists believe that 9 year olds can make decisions that will affect them for all eternity. How dumb can you be?
You Are wrote:
A dumbass. She was "blessing" the animals, not baptizing them, dweeb.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington-Fayette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who should be new Democratic party leader? 6 min Mad Donna 24
Musicians you have met who are Douchbags 11 min Josie 7
The mexican 23 min Daniel Carver 77
If you got a pecker use the male bathroom 1 hr EIIa 15
christina Stapp 1 hr Loco 2
Add a word, Drop a word "Dirty" version 2 hr SweLL GirL 167
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 2 hr SweLL GirL 951

Lexington-Fayette Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance