new to nicholasville

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2012

I will be moving to nicholasville next month and I'm curious to hear opinions on windstream vs time Warner cable. I see tons of dishes on everyone's homes which leads me to believe that it is preferred over cable but I haven't heard many positive reviews regarding windstream service. I do a lot of downloading and Netflix and need a fast Internet speed.

Thanks in advance!
someone

Granbury, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2012

I have windstream for landline and internet service. As far as the internet goes its meh. They seem to put so many people on one box it gets overloaded. So, when you are suppose to be getting 12mps download you get on average about 6-9mbps. I've been trying for at least 4 months to get them to fix that problem and they are always telling me they are waiting on parts. Its very frustrating. I've never tried Time Warner but if I were you I would go with them instead of Windstream.
truth

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2012

time warner.... windstream will screw you somewhere you dont want them to!
new to nicholasville

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2012

That's exactly what I've heard! Thanks for the advice!!!
mystery man

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2012

Either one sucks, 200 dollars for cable is way to much
dave

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2012

I have had both, Windstream, you don't get what you pay for. Twc you get more than why you pay 4 I was paying for 15 and getting average of 20. I recently upgraded to the 30 and I'm getting an average of 37. Twc is more but it's worth it. Now there cable has always been a nightmare for me. On demand doesn't work half the time. Channels are always pixilated. Channels go out randomly. The only solutions they give you are replace the cable box. I would recommend getting a roku box and downloading ustvnow.
new to nicholasville

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2012

I'm not too concerned with the cable packages as I download most of my shows/ movies... Just need a fast connection :)
ashley lynn

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2012

Judged:

if youre only caring about the internet connection than go with time warner. Windstreams internet is horriable, we were paying for the fastest connection avaliable with windstream and couldnt even watch a movie on netflix without it lagging/rebuffing several times.
florida

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2012

I use time warner for internet. I have had itfor over a year and so far no problems.
otis mullins

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Don't use Windstream for anything!! I worked there. It is the worst managed company I have ever seen. Pathetic
mapleleaf

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Time warner windstream sucks
RODEN

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

Windstream will screw you
neither

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

get direct tv if you really want good channels. dish sucks and windstream is terrible, but better than twc. they get youby the balls whichever one you use, but as for good programming, go with direct. h ands down.
TigerWing

Jamestown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

I've had both. Went back to windstream for financial reasons. What others have said is true. you don't get what you pay for with windstream. My connection speed is far less than what I am paying for. Have had a tech at my house 2x. The second one told me he could not bring my speed up any more because their were too many people on the line. He suggested I down grade so I would not be overpaying. I'm going back to timewarner for cable.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lexington-Fayette Discussions

Search the Lexington-Fayette Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Gay Marriage - Nicholasville, KY (Jul '10) 6 min lolz-no butt bumping 274
What do you think of Derek Bruner ? (May '09) 7 min rofl 16
mclane 8 min dont go to mclane 6
The Walk to Emmaus (Apr '09) 26 min Phil G 525
Mattie Fox anyone know here 30 min smash mouth 5
Get Connected Talent (Mar '13) 1 hr concerned mother 23
red motorcycle 1 hr kayla 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lexington-Fayette Jobs

•••