Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
127,981 - 128,000 of 130,550 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
SNYB

Hazard, KY

#134038 Jul 12, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, you have your opinion of Einstein and I have mine. I presented evidence that your opinion is not correct. You just whined that my opinion was mean and nasty.
You do not debate, you whine.
You did not even try to show my opinion as incorrect.
This is a debate forum. You are on a debate forum bitching that debating is bad.
Did anyone here say you should not give your opinion? Nope. So why argue straw men?
You presented no such evidence, because (as stated prior) we really have NO idea, as to the intellect of "Noah"...other than there was some obvious COMMON SENSE applied, when referencing Noah, an ark and a flood.

But then in Your opinion, Egypt probably never existed either.
SNYB

Hazard, KY

#134039 Jul 12, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
That's your opinion.
I find Chromiumman and Mike Duquette's posts to be logical and well thought through.
That's nice...may you continue to enjoy them.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#134041 Jul 13, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh poor Chrumolio...quote a few little stanzas from one of Einstiens own books, show the logic that resides within (rather than some majikurl three ring horse and pony, freaks and charlatans circus side show) which undoubtedly goes against your inherent perceptions that such couldn't be possible...and Chrumolio has some sort of off the wall twisted and distorted metldown.
TOO BAD.
Get used to it.
Here's one YEW can tell DuHquette--stupid is.. clinging to a piece of screen in a flood of ANY sort, choosing instead to deny the existence of such (what Katrina...derrr they's no such thing)... while building an ark and getting to higher ground would make perfectly LOGICAL sense.
AND... that it must've stunk to be the general of a most sought after band of peoples, back in the eye for an eye --under a craggy rock Dark Age times, because there's nothing worse than a bunch of dark age, unenlightened, herd pack imbeciles mired in dark age barbaricism.
As in ewe.
Einstein employed a completely different definition of religion than you do.
"Dark age unenlightened" MD and I never claimed that Katrina was the Almighty God punishing humans for homosexuality, abortions, Mardi Gras, US foreign policy, etc., etc.
There is nothing logical about the biblical flood myth.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#134042 Jul 13, 2014
LMS wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Tester.
No, Last Man Standing.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#134043 Jul 13, 2014
SNYB wrote:
<quoted text>
You presented no such evidence, because (as stated prior) we really have NO idea, as to the intellect of "Noah"...other than there was some obvious COMMON SENSE applied, when referencing Noah, an ark and a flood.
But then in Your opinion, Egypt probably never existed either.
What would you know about common sense? There is no evidence that Einstein was capable of building an enormous wooden boat without any shipbuilding experience. There may have been a Noah, but there was no THE ark for THE flood and there is not even the smallest footnote in science attributed to him. Are you proposing that in between feeding the koalas and mucking out stalls Noah could have been brilliantly calculating the thickness of the flat Earth and the height of the dome of the sky?
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#134044 Jul 13, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I said that Jesus was a liberal, not that he was a politician.
Simply saying "No he wasn't" doesn't change the Biblical account of the guy.
Flippant sarcasm about others' dishonesty doesn't support your position that your "Truth" is not a lie.
Again....
No he was NOT a Liberal!
for one example...
He told the adulterous women, that he did not condemn her, AND
to Go, and Sin NO More!
Can you see the contrast here, or are you too Liberal?
If so... I'll explain it to you later!
Wrong again Sparky

Stanton, KY

#134045 Jul 13, 2014
ray wrote:
Ever heard of seperation of state and church its in the constitution
No it is NOT!
That is a Liberal lie!

“See how you are?”

Earth

#134046 Jul 13, 2014
wwwcurious wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL That doesn't say much as your posts are illogical and badly thought out..
You claimed that you coulfd find nothing wrong with incestg as long as
It was consensual, the parties involved were of legal age and protection was used.
I have asked you to address that issue as it pertains to a brother /sister incestuolus relationship, mother/son and grandmother /grandson.
Obviously your posting was not well thought out as you have been ev ading tghat topic like it was the bubonic plague LOL
You are nothing more than a windbag full of hot air, who expresses idiotic opinions and then lacks the courage to defend them.
Your claim that Dukets and Chroes postings are well thought out is like giving them the OMERTA kiss of death,as you are nonqualified to make such opinions...
And they are nonqualified to write logical and well thought posts..
BTW I thought the issue had been settled...PreK=Duket....you are not fooling anyone.
Self congratulating yourself while using a different moniker is the last refuge of athiests,scoundrels and scalawags
Ay laik eet,,,,,,,,,,Print it......Ok
Another data point confirming you are delusional.
Wrong again Sparky

Stanton, KY

#134047 Jul 13, 2014
chinwendu1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that is not straight.
God is sovereign true but has given us certain authorities. We are not like robots or like a computer already programmed. We have free will and we, our choices are a factor because we are free to choose. God does not give cancer. There is scripture that says if we being evil know how to give good things to our children, what more God. So please do not receive this twisted image of God, as it is being used to deceive many. There is not one account in the New Testament where Jesus gave anyone any sickness, etc. If any one can find an account, please share it? As well, if God did such, then Jesus would be undoing what God did, isn't that correct?
Matthew 12:25 (KJV)
25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand;
If you haven't read the Bible for yourself, I would respectfully suggest your doing so and maybe start with the book of John in the New Testament. As well, an older version. My preference is King James Version and New Living Translation but there are others. Though, I know God exist without a shadow of doubt, there are many who do not know or believe it but don't let any of us sway you...please find out for yourself?
Great post!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#134048 Jul 13, 2014
Matthew
24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came
to him privately, saying, Tell us, when will these things be?
and what [will be] the sign of thy coming, and of the end of
the world?
24:4 And Jesus answered and said to them, Take heed that no man
deceive you.
24:5 For many will come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and
will deceive many.
24:6 And ye will hear of wars, and rumors of wars: see that ye
be not troubled: for all [these things] must come to pass, but
the end is not yet.
24:7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against
kingdom: and there will be famines, and pestilences, and
earthquakes in divers places.
24:8 All these [are] the beginning of sorrows.
24:9 Then will they deliver you up to be afflicted, and will
kill you: and ye will be hated by all nations for my name's
sake.
24:10 And then will many be offended, and will betray one
another, and will hate one another.
24:11 And many false prophets will rise, and will deceive many.
24:12 And because iniquity will abound, the love of many will
become cold.
24:13 But he that shall endure to the end, the same shall be
saved.
24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all
the world, for a testimony to all nations; and then shall the
end come.
24:15 When therefore ye shall see the abomination of desolation
spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place,
(whoever readeth, let him understand,)
24:16 Then let them who are in Judea flee to the mountains:
24:17 Let him who is on the house-top not come down to take any
thing out of his house:
24:18 Neither let him who is in the field return back to take
his clothes.
24:19 And woe to them that are with child, and to them that
nurse infants in those days!
24:20 But pray ye that your flight may not be in the winter,
neither on the sabbath:
24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as hath not been
since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever
shall be.

You see the stuff hitting the fan.... just as it said in the Bible!
Deny all you want...
God is real, and the end is very close!
Repent, Evilution will not save you,
Only Christ can do that!

“See how you are?”

Earth

#134049 Jul 13, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Again....
No he was NOT a Liberal!
for one example...
He told the adulterous women, that he did not condemn her, AND
to Go, and Sin NO More!
Can you see the contrast here, or are you too Liberal?
If so... I'll explain it to you later!
Leniency and forgiveness are not conservative values. Unless you are talking about leniency and forgiveness for fat cats, it's the conservatives who brag about being tough on crime. It's the conservatives who came up with "zero tolerance" that got kids suspended for nail clippers and Rolaids.
If he were a conservative he would not have intervened, he would have thrown a stone. That would have been upholding the Law that he "did not come to change." According to doctrine, the covenant was not fulfilled until he uttered the words "it is done."
No, while he was alive he was definitely a liberal who rebelled against the conservatism of the established temple hierarchy.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#134050 Jul 13, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
Matthew
24:3 ......
Stop spamming and don't pat people on the back for spamming. It just makes you look insipid.

The Bible is the most published book on Earth. I don't need you to cut and paste from what I've already read, have a half dozen copies of and have another dozen books of scholarly insights on.
SevenTee

Lexington, KY

#134051 Jul 13, 2014
An atheist believes the existence of God can be disproved. So please atheists, tell me how one of you has done that?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#134052 Jul 13, 2014
Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>No it is NOT!
That is a Liberal lie!
It has nothing to do with liberalism, doofus. We've been over this.
Amendment 1
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;..."

Amendment 14 Section 1
"...No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws...."

Jefferson wrote:
"...Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State...."

I could explain these to you - as you obviously have some misconception that it is all a Democrat plot, but since that has already been done at least twice and you don't pay any fk'n attention to anyone not behind a pulpit or a Faux "news" desk, there is little reason to.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#134053 Jul 13, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
An atheist believes the existence of God can be disproved. So please atheists, tell me how one of you has done that?
Oh, crap. Not Russell's Teapot again..
True, a complete absence of evidence is not "proof" of non-existence.
That does not mean that because a character is in a book it is evidence of a person's existence.

It is your extraordinary claim that your biblical YHWH >DOES< exist. The burden of proof is all, totally and completely yours, not the agnostic's, the atheist's, the scientist's, the Hindu's or the Buhddist's. YOURS.
SNYB

Hazard, KY

#134054 Jul 13, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Einstein employed a completely different definition of religion than you do.
"Dark age unenlightened" MD and I never claimed that Katrina was the Almighty God punishing humans for homosexuality, abortions, Mardi Gras, US foreign policy, etc., etc.
There is nothing logical about the biblical flood myth.
So, you are now proclaiming yourself a megaphone podium expert on Eistniens "definition" of religion, as well as mine?
I can't speak for (not would I even consider such) Einstien. But certainly Einstien had access to dictionaries..and could read them quite comprehensively no doubt...and... well....geeee.....even Science contradicts, or under explains itself sometimes-EH Chrumolio?????

As for myself and mine opinion--STHU Chumolio..because you're totally ignorant as to my perspectives of such--as such would be MY opinion and NOT yours--I have access to dictionaries as well and can read them quite comprehensively on my own--and you're just blathering idiotic nonsense from your stuck inside a narrow box podium of arrogant, sexist, dark age BS dribble.

And as far as Katrina, maybe some SHOULD'VE read the Bible a little more--to learn what damage FLOODING can bring, in a naturally water surrounded environment. There was nothing logical in many of the residential reactions during THAT flood now was there.

Or are you going to deny floods exist at all now?
SNYB

Hazard, KY

#134055 Jul 13, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
What would you know about common sense? There is no evidence that Einstein was capable of building an enormous wooden boat without any shipbuilding experience. There may have been a Noah, but there was no THE ark for THE flood and there is not even the smallest footnote in science attributed to him. Are you proposing that in between feeding the koalas and mucking out stalls Noah could have been brilliantly calculating the thickness of the flat Earth and the height of the dome of the sky?
Please cite the scientific books of the times you are referencing......and don't muck it up and confuse Noah with Einstiens time,

That moronicness doesn't work here-dolt.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#134056 Jul 13, 2014
chinwendu1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not the gist of what was shared.
God is a very effective communicator and has done so in numerous ways.
It is not that aborted fetuses may carry the greatest of all wisdom but each of us has a purpose and a destiny to fulfill on this earth, but we have free will to accept or not accept. The child who has the purpose to discover the a cure, whose mother decides to abort it...it the case. God works through us, as we are the ones he gave dominion over the earth and everything in it.
Genesis 1:26-31 (KJV)
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. 28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. 30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so. 31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
God does exist and has done everything for us already but we must receive it. God does not force anything on us.
Miracles happen every single day...please see links below:
http://www.godvine.com/Baby-Pronounced-Dead-a...
http://www.christianpost.com/news/baby-comes-...
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/03/12/halif...
Thank you heavenly Father you are wonderful...praises and glory to you!
So we have a "destiny" but we also have "free will"? That creates a binary choice. Choose your destiny or do not choose your destiny.

That isn't free will. You are suggesting that things are preordained a certain way and we have to choose whether to allow them to unfold or not. Binary choice. Not free will.

The universe makes a lot more sense when you give up the idea of an all powerful ruler lording over it (except where it is convenient to say he isn't lording over it).

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#134057 Jul 13, 2014
chinwendu1 wrote:
<quoted text>
God did not create evil...all that God created was good.
He gave us a choice and that is not bad or evil.
Out of love he gave us dominion over this earth and that was not bad or evil.
Is there evil in Heaven?

Is there free will in Heaven?

If there is no evil in Heaven but there IS free will...then free will can exist in a world without evil.

So why is there evil on earth?

(and if you give me one of those stupid "we're being tested" lines I'll punch a baby goat)

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#134058 Jul 13, 2014
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there evil in Heaven?
Is there free will in Heaven?
If there is no evil in Heaven but there IS free will...then free will can exist in a world without evil.
So why is there evil on earth?
(and if you give me one of those stupid "we're being tested" lines I'll punch a baby goat)
probably better than stump breaking them..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington-Fayette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 2 min Tollesboro Guy 81,601
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 9 min Lemarchands box 1,582
Barbershop! 18 min try a new place 10
Little Caesars 46 min Customer 6
Heather goodlett (Nov '13) 46 min question 8
Quest Community Church is Evil (Nov '10) 58 min Lol 552
pill heads 1 hr tiffany 5
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Fayette County was issued at August 30 at 8:22PM EDT

•••
•••
•••

Lexington-Fayette Jobs

•••