Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
115,561 - 115,580 of 128,575 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's been pointed out innumerable times that there does not have to be a "if not God, then who?" except in the damaged brains of religies who cannot fathom anything else.
YOU HAVE NEVER given a comprehensive reason for believing in any God as a creator, or if you did it was long lost in your tired daily dirge about how evil and miserable you "think" non-believers of (your) religious dogma are.
I found a marble in my yard - I didn't put it there and I can't prove that God didn't put it there. I have no evidence whatsoever that a child dropped it - therefore God MUST have put it there for me to find and give glory to Him for it as proof that He exists, because nothing that happens is without His Purpose. Doesn't that about sum it up, curious, YaA, KF?
In your case ,if you found a marble in your yard and were unable to account for it , you'd better count the ones in your head and see if any are missingt . You Atheists are noted for losing your marbles.
You in particular , always seem to be missing a few marbles and it is doubtful you ever had a shooter.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

Judged:

Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
If there is no who ,then there must be something else .
"It's been pointed out innumerable* times that there does not have to be a "if not God, then who?" except in the damaged brains of religies who cannot fathom anything else."

It has also been previously pointed out that natural processes have never and (still) do not now require Yahweh's, Allah's, Brahma's, Odin's, Zeus', Rosch's or the Governing Body's approval or intercession - either separately or en masse. You don't seem willing or able to retain what you don't write (or cut and paste) in support of your own morbidly obese opinions.

*innumerable and counting
SevenTee

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
It really depends on which version of the bible you pick up. There are plenty of translations where verse 10 reads that Gos repented of the "destruction" he said he would do.
So if you go by that, then the prophecy was indeed about Ninevah being destroyed.
In any event, what is interesting is that you've had to admit that not only does your god change his mind (what he says he will do does not always happen) but also that your god repents.
Here's hoping that curious doesn't read this as he claims that his god does not repent. That's despite the existence of plenty of scriptures that quite clearly say that God does repent.
Looks like curious doesn't believe everything he reads in the bible.
Not the King James, it says conquered.

God does not repent he gives a promise to save those that do repent (including Jonah).

The promise goes back to Abraham.

Truthfully I am not supposed to talk with people like you. You are to be allowed 3 opportunities to hear the Gospel then I walk.

Plus it seems you are a boring waste of time with very little knowledge of scripture.
J fulton

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

Judged:

Separation of church and state?
Just a thought.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

Judged:

Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
If there is no who ,then there must be something else .
Let us get back to the begining as that is the place where you all started ducking for cover.
I believe that in the begining God created the heavens and the Earth and Life.
I believe that these events were created by an intelligent designer.
All you Atheists claim that I am wrong , yet NONE OF you dared to present your alternative as to how these events may have occured.
All you can say is that A God is not needeed ,Well then ,tell me what you believe is needed.
Either you can't tell me or you don't dare tell me.....
Your faith is not worth defending as none of you are capable of doing so.
You post excuses ,smokescreens and gibberish...And that includes ALL of you.
Dukett ,Chroe , Krak , Lodi ,Witchetty , BOX ,Spacedout ,lol is soot , some of these are duplicates and you know who you are....
Have the courage to defend your beliefs . Do not lower yourselves to claiming that atheism is not a faith , hiding behind that lie in order not to have to defend what you are incapable of defending.
If you can't defend it , it's not worth believing ,,, Atheism is a Faith ,,,,,,,,,,not worth defending
I believe in the beginning, no god could exist without it being created somehow.
You keep searching for all the answers man wishes to know, but as of yet, cannot know. But for some reason, you assume the answers man made up in ancient times is correct, yet you have absolutely zero evidence to back up the claim. You believe in the god of the gaps of information.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

Judged:

Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
In your case ,if you found a marble in your yard and were unable to account for it , you'd better count the ones in your head and see if any are missingt . You Atheists are noted for losing your marbles.
You in particular , always seem to be missing a few marbles and it is doubtful you ever had a shooter.
So your point was refuted with logic and reason, so you diverted and ran like a lunatic. You are a joke.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

Judged:

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
God does not repent he gives a promise to save those that do repent (including Jonah).
Truthfully I am not supposed to talk with people like you. You are to be allowed 3 opportunities to hear the Gospel then I walk.
Plus it seems you are a boring waste of time with very little knowledge of scripture.
The JW organization is fully aware, if you talk with people that are not brainwashed, you may lose your own brainwashing. It is a textbook brainwashing technique. It is a testament to the brainwashing religion does. It wishes you to be willfully ignorant.

I thought we showed you that time god repented for creating man so poorly?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

Judged:

Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of which is unknown you say . Tell me about the part that is known . Your staement is meaningless.
Don't need to provide proof for what I believe ,all I have to present are the reasons for my beliefs , which I have done , as you well know.
I have no problems in presenting my reasons ,whereas you Atheists go to great lengths to avoid presenting yours..
Take your fantasies to Disney World , Neither Stellar evolution or evolution have the slightest idea as to how life and the universe were created or who ,what or how this was accomplished.
Neither does abiogenesis........
The fact is that either we are here because of intelligent design or..........something else is responsuble,,,,,What is that something else? Or nothing is responsible?
And so far , the Atheists response to this question is NONSENSE and GIBBERISH
Atheism is a non belief. Atheism describes what it does not believe in, and that includes the god you keep talking about. We have given many reasons for our disbelief. You are just asking for one more reason.Well you do not dictate the reasons a person has for non belief.

You told us why you believe, and we told you why we do not believe. They need not be related.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

Judged:

Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Your analogy is nosensical ,stupid and based on ignorance.
What I am claiming is that the universe and life were created by an intelligent designer /GOD.
You do not believe in my God or any other God.Therefore your beliefs and faith are based on there being no Gods.
Which takes us to the question , If God or Gods are not the creators , then who or what is.?
Is No thing the creator?
The problem that you atheists have created for yourselves and from which try as you might ,you can not escape is that " You have no reasonable or viable explanation.
You can not defend your Atheistic faith that God does not exist or even give a reasonable alternative.
You give excuses ,nonsensical arguments and absurd denials but, you can not give a credible response in defense of your worthless Faith . If it's not worth defending ,it is worthless
Stop with the nonsense about claiming there are elephants in the room and unicorns.
That has absolutely nothing to do with what ,whom or how life and the universe came into being....
You keep asking for a reasonable alternative to your unreasonable idea. It makes no sense a god could exist. You cannot explain how a god could exist, so you cannot claim it made everything and expect that to be a complete answer.
Our answers are also incomplete. As it may never be known just how it all started. The only difference between you and I are, you believe an answer ancient men made up to fill the gap of knowledge. I have objections to that answer, just as you object to the idea it could just be natural.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

Judged:

Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
{eye roll}
Sista's been tutoring you on how to make witty and relevant comebacks, hasn't she? It doesn't matter, since I see no prospects for your understanding the difference between a marble and mere garble.

I think you need a new mentor. Have you considered typing, "God is REEAAL!" (in a Don Knotts voice) or maybe cutting and pasting pages from The Watchtower?
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

Judged:

The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
We know how stars form. We know how solar systems form. We know how organic molecules come together. We know some information about how early life could have formed. We know how life evolves. We know humans evolved from earlier hominids.
<quoted text>
Actually, I'm not aware of that. If you stated those reasons to other posters, at other times, that doesn't mean anything to me.
<quoted text>
Actually, we've provided reasonable natural explanations. What have you provided? "Magic"?
Yeah , I've seen those natural explanations , What or who caused the big Bang.....We don't know,
What are the origins of life ,intelligence and consciousness ,,, We don't know
Now , I got another one. How did all this water get on Earth?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

Judged:

Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah , I've seen those natural explanations , What or who caused the big Bang.....We don't know,
No, we don't know. And saying "we don't know" is an honest answer. Making up an answer "God did it" is not honest. It's making stuff up.
Curious wrote:
The origin of life is not known either, but we know various mechanisms by which organic material forms. Intelligence and consciousness are products of brains, which evolved.
Curious wrote:
What's confusing about that? Water is made from two common elements: hydrogen and oxygen. It is a common byproduct of star formation.
SevenTee

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>The JW organization is fully aware, if you talk with people that are not brainwashed, you may lose your own brainwashing. It is a textbook brainwashing technique. It is a testament to the brainwashing religion does. It wishes you to be willfully ignorant.
I thought we showed you that time god repented for creating man so poorly?
5 And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet for a testimony against them.

6 And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

Judged:

Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Haven't we already discussed that cause and effect is meaningless "prior to" the existence of time? I remember when it was pointed out that hydrogen and oxygen are two of the most abundant elements in the universe and that the Earth's hydrology and biosphere are protected from the solar wind by a magnetic shield generated by another of the most abundant elements in the universe.
Oh, right... I keep missing your rule that what you don't post or approve is beneath notice and disposable except for purposes of sarcasm and ridicule.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
How can a person know which religion is right?
et cetera, et cetera
You do realize by now that no one is reading your spam, don't you? Even the other religies are skipping over it..just as they will on every single other thread on Topix. Doesn't that tell you something?
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

Judged:

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
5 And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet for a testimony against them.
6 And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where.
You're not going to make any money here, eh.

Since: Feb 12

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist are willing to help you learn the bible.

God does repent. You just are not a scholarly type or you would have

check this.

Strong's Concordance repent
Greek word is metanoeó: to change one's mind or purpose.

Humble yourself and repent of your blasphemy by twisting the scriptures

Exodus 32:14
So the LORD changed his mind about the terrible disaster he had threatened to bring on his people.
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan is a mythical creature in many cultures used by adults to frighten children into compliant behaviour.
Satan wants you to think he does not exist....then he can take full advantage.
SevenTee

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist are willing to help you learn the bible.
God does repent. You just are not a scholarly type or you would have
check this.
Strong's Concordance repent
Greek word is metanoeó: to change one's mind or purpose.
Humble yourself and repent of your blasphemy by twisting the scriptures
Exodus 32:14
So the LORD changed his mind about the terrible disaster he had threatened to bring on his people.
Perhaps you should read the entire Chapter to see how God sorted it out. He kept his promises.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is a Faith
Like Not collecting stamps is a hobby....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lexington-Fayette Discussions

Search the Lexington-Fayette Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
this effin town 5 min keepitreal 1
Stupid republicant's 6 min dude 9
Quest church (Aug '09) 7 min Former quester 2,833
Dont pass the freakin cops!! 14 min lol 17
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 21 min DemocRATS 146,140
melvin barron 22 min Messy 6
Irene devers (Oct '09) 24 min I do know 17
•••
•••
•••
Lexington-Fayette Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Lexington-Fayette Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000