Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 163821 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.pixoto.com/quantumm

#121551 Jan 18, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Look up, debunking ancient aliens. An extensive rebuttal can be seen on youtube. It is sad that the history channel airs shows like ancient aliens. It is as scientific as the Kentucky creation museum.
I've watched it and followed up with reading assorted other sources ... It Absolutely does not debunk the Evidence of machining and other aspects I have mentioned.... I don't dispute that that tv program is not a truth based program and find it wrong on several claims... Don't have any evidence of aliens dropping in on earth... And many of the claims made are over blown and hyped by their talking head that seem to always show up...

The debunker does pretty much the same thing as that program does and cherry picks specific claims that are not given any weight by the evidence and then makes claims that are also hyped...

I personally give no weight to the Ancient Alien tv series... I also give no weight to those that use the same hype and claims to debunk hyped claims...

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#121552 Jan 18, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you realize how IGNORANT you sound?
I mean really(REALLY ignorant).
(would you like a two sided dipper rather than a pitchfork, with that delusional bubble you're dripping soapbox foolishness from? Might be a little more astrophysically adept...as pitchforks aren't really the most aesthetic thing to try and blow such drippy hot air with)
No, I do not, and you failed to be able to point out any ignorance. You can make claims all you wish, but until you can show evidence, you got nothing. You are just a whiner.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.pixoto.com/quantumm

#121553 Jan 18, 2014
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
You would think if an advanced technology at that time existed their could be some artifact could be found that would show details of its construction. Possible in a tomb of records of a technology that some had copied and buried with the deceased or buried in hopes that future generations would find it in a container that would preserve it in the event a catastrophe could occur to destroy their existence.
There very well may be such... But we have only found some artifacts and whole cities in the last 100 years that have stunned archeologists ... Gobekli Tepe is only 12,000 years old and we just found it in the late 90's and have as of now only uncovered about 5% of the site... There have been 20 cities found in the last 15 years and they are only a few 100 yards off the coasts and have artifacts exposed ... I can only go by that evidence I have seen or read of that I can in some way verify... Many claims based on the same evidence I dismiss as hype and conjecture... Some of those claims by individuals that I really respect I dismiss...

But I have been to many museums, including the Cairo Museum, Chicago and The Smith... I have held a piece of granite with tool marks in my hand and as a engineer considered methodologies for duplicating and been left without a answer...

I do not claim that my views are True... Only the the existing claims from current archeology is also not true to the evidence...

Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#121554 Jan 18, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>At least it is a more plausible explanation of mental stress than simply not believing in a fairy tale. Not that I feel you nailed me. But you do irritate the shit out of me.
I realize you "feel" you are perfect, and never divert. Just part of the extreme hubris of Christianity.
Now go take that self proclaimed victory lap. Ironic it is what you charged me with just yesterday. Hypocrite much?
Naaaaah , I don't think so , Your irritation can be attributed to the basis for your faith.
Your faith is based on a negative . It is based on your belief that God /Gods do not exist.
That is what motivates and drives you to proseletyze and search for new deconverters.
What puzzles me is , How can one build a faith around something/ someone you don't
believe in.
That is crazy and defies even irrational logic ,if that be possible.
See , you always make claims for which you are ill suited to make.
I have never stated that I am perfect and certainly I do not feel that way . I have confessed to being a sinner ,in need Of Christ , and it would never occur to me to state that" I have never done anything for which I need feel ashamed" As only those who have self proclaimed themselves as perfect can make such a claim....
I have never claimed victory , never claimed that MY logic can not be refuted and thank others for confirming MY point , when they have not done so, as you do every single day.
You have a very self righteous and narcisstic attitude , that is what led you to judge your parents as being delusional
Anyhow , I don't take victory laps nor do I need to in order to massage my ego......

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#121555 Jan 18, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Naaaaah , I don't think so , Your irritation can be attributed to the basis for your faith.
Your faith is based on a negative . It is based on your belief that God /Gods do not exist.
That is what motivates and drives you to proseletyze and search for new deconverters.
What puzzles me is , How can one build a faith around something/ someone you don't
believe in.
See , you always make claims for which you are ill suited to make.
I have never stated that I am perfect and certainly I do not feel that way . I have confessed to being a sinner ,in need Of Christ , and it would never occur to me to state that" I have never done anything for which I need feel ashamed" As only those who have self proclaimed themselves as perfect can make such a claim....
I have never claimed victory , never claimed that MY logic can not be refuted and thank others for confirming MY point , when they have not done so, as you do every single day.
You have a very self righteous and narcisstic attitude , that is what led you to judge your parents as being delusional
Anyhow , I don't take victory laps nor do I need to in order to massage my ego......
But you used other words to convey the same thing. You have a giant ego, and the fact you cannot admit it, tells us volumes of your hubris.
I will admit I do have an ego, and that is what makes me different than yourself. I do not just give out extremely vague admittances of sin, I can actually admit specific things I do. So sad you cannot.
You keep harping about someone here that will not admit being ashamed. Well it is not the same as not admitting ever doing wrong things. The fact you lump them together just shows you are to stupid to know the difference in our language. You brag about being a special creation above animals, yet you keep acting like you use little cognitive skills. You run on instinct. You fail to be able to use the language of humans properly. Thus discussion is limited to your limited ability to comprehend our language.
Do you know what the word 'ashamed" means? You sure do not act as if you do.
EKyHillbilly

Aurora, OH

#121556 Jan 18, 2014
ky girl wrote:
this would be a good thing.when i went to school we had a lady come once a week, she didnt teach religion, she told bible stories,it was a good break,she told the stories with pictures, also the first thing in the morning, we sang songs said the pledge for about 15 minutes.it set the tone for the day,as a child grows into adult hood,they will adopt their own beliefs,this is a stepping stone. they will believe in something, why not let them start with the goods things, if they dont hear good things when they are small, they wont know they have a choice.as i got older and heard different things,i choose what was to me the best,our children need a good positive in their lives.for some it will be the only time they will hear the name god, jesus, lord.at least they will have a choice.
Well wrote, I agree totally. Thank you for taking the time to express this lost mind set.
NOT going to hell for you

San Jose, CA

#121557 Jan 18, 2014
http://www.ourpathtogod.com/ten-commandments....

http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-commandments/#...

King James Version
And God spake all these words, saying, I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
1.Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
2.)Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
3.)Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
4.)Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
5.)Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.
6.)Thou shalt not kill.
7.)Thou shalt not commit adultery.
8.)Thou shalt not steal.
9.)Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
10.)Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour’s. 

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#121558 Jan 18, 2014
NOT going to hell for you wrote:
http://www.ourpathtogod.com/te n-commandments.html
King James Version
And God spake all these words, saying, I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
2.)Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
3.)Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
4.)Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
5.)Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.
6.)Thou shalt not kill.
8.)Thou shalt not steal.
10.)Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour’s. 
The King James Version?

That was completed in 1611 by eight members of the Church of England.

They never had any original texts to work from as the oldest manuscripts were written hundreds of years after the last apostle passed away.

Not that the King James translators used the oldest manuscripts anyway.

All they did was to doctor earlier translations into something different so that the king and Parliament would approve.

Hardly the word of any god

Cambridge, UK

#121559 Jan 18, 2014
NOT going to hell for you wrote:
http://www.ourpathtogod.com/te n-commandments.html
King James Version
6.)Thou shalt not kill.
8.)Thou shalt not steal.
Your dumb god really missed a trick here:

He could have forbidden slavery - he didn't

He could have forbidden rape - he didn't

He could have forbidden war - he didn't

He could have forbidden tyranny - he didn't

He could have forbidden child cruelty - he didn't

Etc, etc...

Another epic fail for the god of the Bible.

Cambridge, UK

#121560 Jan 18, 2014
If Jesus had died on the guillotine.

http://atheistcards.com/wp-content/uploads/je...

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#121561 Jan 18, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
believe in.
It is puzzling because it is you and religion who wishes to call it faith.
I guess maybe the naysayers of Thor were said to have faith also. Just shows how the religious will go to deceptive lengths to portray doubters in a negative light.
And it is fascinating that the religious see "faith" in such a negative way.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#121562 Jan 18, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Did your self righteous attitude bring you to that conclusion?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#121563 Jan 18, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't have it both ways stupid. Which one of your theories is correct? Is it you "nailing me" or is it my lack of faith?
And yes I noted you went out of your way to be an arrogant prick yet again with the "naaaaah", and the added A's for a bit more arrogant effect was nice. But according your revised theory, it does not irritate me.
Next you will be claiming not to be claiming victory.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#121564 Jan 18, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>

Thankfully, Evolution has resulted in human minds that can think for themselves, so we have no need for your ju-ju and superstitious mumbo jumbo.
So , you , as an Atheist endorse beastiality , infanticide and sex with corpses as being morally justified.
I believe we need to start implementing laws that forbid Atheists from owning pets or farm animals.
They should not be permitted to work in public zoos or mortuaries.
We need to protect the dignity of the dead and protect our pets and domestic animals from the perversion of those who live their lives according to their corrupt and immoral human desires......

Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#121565 Jan 18, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Did your self righteous attitude bring you to that conclusion?
Naaaaaah , It has nothing to do with self righteousness , has to do with the commandment , Honor your father and your mother,,,,,,,,,,Judging them to be delusional based on your arrogant
and foolish beliefs is a dishonorable and despicable act indeed.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#121566 Jan 18, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>But you used other words to convey the same thing. You have a giant ego, and the fact you cannot admit it, tells us volumes of your hubris.
I will admit I do have an ego, and that is what makes me different than yourself. I do not just give out extremely vague admittances of sin, I can actually admit specific things I do. So sad you cannot.
You keep harping about someone here that will not admit being ashamed. Well it is not the same as not admitting ever doing wrong things. The fact you lump them together just shows you are to stupid to know the difference in our language. You brag about being a special creation above animals, yet you keep acting like you use little cognitive skills. You run on instinct. You fail to be able to use the language of humans properly. Thus discussion is limited to your limited ability to comprehend our language.
Do you know what the word 'ashamed" means? You sure do not act as if you do.
NAAAAAAAH ,The difference between you and me is that I believe in God and you don't.
You are looking for lame excuses in order to justify deceitful behaviour..

I understand your language , I understand excuses and I understand selfrighteousness ,hypocricy and deceptive practices.....
Take your nonsense and excuses and share them with someone who is interested
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#121567 Jan 18, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You can't have it both ways stupid. Which one of your theories is correct? Is it you "nailing me" or is it my lack of faith?
And yes I noted you went out of your way to be an arrogant prick yet again with the "naaaaah", and the added A's for a bit more arrogant effect was nice. But according your revised theory, it does not irritate me.
Wowwwwww, It's amazing how the letter N followed by a string of AAAAAAA's can cause you so much mental discomfort ,to the extent of causing you to use foul language ,much like SP.
Careful you don't get banned again....
I have won nothing ,no need to declare a victory where one does not believe one has been achieved...... That is another difference between you and I

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#121568 Jan 18, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You can't have it both ways stupid. Which one of your theories is correct? Is it you "nailing me" or is it my lack of faith?
So curious says, "I have won nothing ,no need to declare a victory where one does not believe one has been achieved."

LOL! You predicted it, Mike...... and she promptly came up with it!

Ohhhh, perhaps you should be up for "prophet" status!
You are certainly better at it than those in the babble.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#121569 Jan 18, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually DUHmmy worm...the primary function is a water outlet.
(DUH.Duh..duh).
Duh? Really?

The vagina is NOT involved in voiding water.
That would be the urethra.

If you are indeed female (I personally don't think you are), then you are woefully misinformed about your own body.
No wonder you are so messed up.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#121570 Jan 18, 2014
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
So curious says, "I have won nothing ,no need to declare a victory where one does not believe one has been achieved."
LOL! You predicted it, Mike...... and she promptly came up with it!
Ohhhh, perhaps you should be up for "prophet" status!
You are certainly better at it than those in the babble.
Shameless ,Shameless Witchetty,
Let me make it clear for your simple and confused mind.
As he has previously confessed, Dukett is here to improve his debating Skills.
In a debate , you either win or lose. Dukett and you Atheists ,losers by nature ,can not accept losing. One can see that in your self serving proclamations " you can't refute my ligic"
" you are diverting" and when someone refutes your point , Atheists will p[roclaim ,"thanks for proving my point"
And you ,yourself have claimed that you are here to learn to debate from these intelligent Atheists.
I am not here to debate ,to win or to lose.
I express my faith , the reasons for my beliefs and I proudly defend that which I believe in ,God and Christ. When Atheists mock my beliefs ,it only strengthens my faith in Christ , since He stated way back when ,that this would happen and as he stated,it has.
I don't have to prove anything to anyone , so to me , being here is neither a winning or losing situation.
Again , I merely defend my Faith.
Now , compare that to you atheists .
You have a Faith that you dare not defend. You use the excuse that nonbelief in God is not a faith ,that is an excuse.
YOu believe God/ Gods do not exist. That is your belief for which you can provide no evidence...
Now,as Christians , by following the teachings in the Bible ,God has revealed himself
to those who seek him and those of us to whom he has revealed himself ,know Him to be true.... So, we have been provided evidence from the highest source.
Atheists have not been provided any evidence from any sort.
All they claim is that they have no evidence...
There is evidence for those who diligently seek it.
So you see ,I am not here to win or to lose . I have already attained the highest prize and not through my efforts , but thanks be to God and Christ.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington-Fayette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Guy called Dread's? 4 min maybe 2
bp girls 6 min Buck Eye 1
chinese food 19 min Amy 10
2nd Kroger for Georgetown 52 min haha 2
News Nicholasville man charged in porn case (Apr '10) 1 hr Lol 4
jessamine county social service workers (Oct '09) 1 hr Dcbs 53
Who Are The Three That Overdosed Besides Kendal... 1 hr MARS 1

Lexington-Fayette Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance