Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 141473 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Curious

Ocoee, FL

#118867 Dec 14, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text> I see you cannot handle debating today, so you put up this smokescreen as a diversion.
When are you going to explain how your intelligent designer needed no intelligent designer?
You cannot defend the contradiction which you claim.
You wish for us of explain every mystery of life, yet you refuse to try to explain how your god needed no designer.
You have made it a career of posting lame axcuses nad I have explained the uncausable cause
which your ignorant mind is unable to conceive.
Why don't you just come ourt and say it.
You believe that Nothing created something from nothing and are unable in any way shape or form to explain that condition.
You have mentioned the possibility of Alien beings or "something else" but are unable to clarify that intense smokescreen....
Either there was always an intelligent designer who nneded no creator or Nothing is responsible for creation....
What you keep running away from is the fact that you can not explain how Nothing was able to create life,consciousness and intelligence.
Lodi , in his ignorance , attributes it to Evolution , something evolution itself does not claim.
But then again, we need only look at the source of that ignoranr t remark and give it the value it deserves,,Worthless , as is Atheist Faith

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#118868 Dec 14, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you listen to this FOOL. Here he is,an Atheist,requesting that I grow limbs back on those of our soldiers who have lost them.
And by what authority doe he make that request?
By referring to me by his family name,Chickenshit.
Let if t be known that I do not acquiesce tho the request of fools.
If my Godthorizas me to heal people in his name , then,at his request I will do so.
So far , I have been vested by such authority.
What can we say about this Atheist and his faith?
He is required ,by his faith to deconvert believers into Atheists.
And what fate awaits those who deconvert?
According to Atheist activist Staak Rosch , they will enter a world where they will feel ostracized and lonely with no support.
We know some will either commit suicide or contemplate it. They will be gripped by severe depression and turn to a life of drugs and alcohol , wreaking havoc with their lives and that of their families., all under the guise of freedom of religion.
It is small wonder that Moses saw fit to punish those of similar belief in OT times.
And I ask, what is the fit punishment for those who intentionally wreak havoc and destruction into the life of an unsuspecting public.
Are they not a cancer?
On what basis can they condone their destructive ways?
Can this behaviour be condoned under their faith and moral code?
Is that one of the many reasons why they refuse to defend their worthless Faith?
You say this as if you or anyone could ever have someone's arm grow back with prayer. You know full well, it cannot be done, and has never been done. At the very least, it is evidence of the limits of prayer.
Clearly if prayer could regrow limbs, we would see it happen all the time, yet it never happens.

On the unrelated subject of drug and alcohol abuse. Do you think we should have the death penalty for abusers? According to your comment, it looks as if you think it is just and moral to kill such persons.
Curious

Ocoee, FL

#118869 Dec 14, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
How many times must we explain this to you curious.... you claim your god is the designer....I claim evolution is the designer via variation and selection, it serves to favor reproduction and shape things according to environmental conditions.
As I stated before, and you failed to answer. If a Designer does not need a designer to create it, why should other things?
Idiot on a fools mission,
Evolution can not explain the creation of life,intelligence or consciousness.
Tell the Psychiatrist on board your Ship of fools to rewire your 2 remaining brain cells.
If he ain't available, try farting out of your ear,the release of noxious gases may alleviate the pressure and discomfort afficting your mind LOL
spaceship

Roseville, CA

#118870 Dec 14, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you listen to this FOOL. Here he is,an Atheist,requesting that I grow limbs back on those of our soldiers who have lost them.
And by what authority doe he make that request?
By referring to me by his family name,Chickenshit.
Let if t be known that I do not acquiesce tho the request of fools.
If my Godthorizas me to heal people in his name , then,at his request I will do so.
So far , I have been vested by such authority.
What can we say about this Atheist and his faith?
He is required ,by his faith to deconvert believers into Atheists.
And what fate awaits those who deconvert?
According to Atheist activist Staak Rosch , they will enter a world where they will feel ostracized and lonely with no support.
We know some will either commit suicide or contemplate it. They will be gripped by severe depression and turn to a life of drugs and alcohol , wreaking havoc with their lives and that of their families., all under the guise of freedom of religion.
It is small wonder that Moses saw fit to punish those of similar belief in OT times.
And I ask, what is the fit punishment for those who intentionally wreak havoc and destruction into the life of an unsuspecting public.
Are they not a cancer?
On what basis can they condone their destructive ways?
Can this behaviour be condoned under their faith and moral code?
Is that one of the many reasons why they refuse to defend their worthless Faith?
You're just a troll, why would christian preach in such a hateful manner. Your full of hate and hypocrisy.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#118871 Dec 14, 2013
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just a troll, why would christian preach in such a hateful manner. Your full of hate and hypocrisy.
Hiya SS.

Good post. Truth brings out the love in religies.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#118872 Dec 14, 2013
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> I am so busy and unable to get on to the internet very much. But whwenever I check in here to see if some of my wise freethinking friends are taking on the superstitious hypocrites, I find you among the others. Thank you for doing a job I applaud but would not want to do myself. Greetings to all the freethinkers and agnostic atheist types, and true skeptics who respect others who are ethical and refuse to let the unethical and superstitioius persons get away with any nonsense. I would say Merry christmas, to show that I am not disrespectful of whatever nice Cbristians may read this thread - if I could recall any ....I do find nice ones in my home town though. I still believe in an alliance between the ethical types, of whatever belief or nonbelief regarding theology.
Hi hf

Hope you're well and that life is being good to you.

I've never had problems making friends with people and I count atheists, Muslims, Buddhists and Christians among my friends. I've made friends with a handful of Christians on Topix and we've also hooked up on Facebook.

You're right, it's all down to mutual respect and civility and being aware that we're all entitled to our viewpoints.

Have a great Christmas and New Year!

“There is no god.”

USA

#118873 Dec 14, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Why do the religious keep insisting atheists have faith and a religion?
I have no religion in which to defend, and I have no faith in which to defend.
None of which you speak is the basis of my atheism. I simply do not believe in your god or other gods because I have neither heard nor seen any evidence or logic to support the idea of the claimed god.
Their is zero evidence of any god ever claimed in the history of the world.
My mind is open to change if you or anyone could actually produce evidence of a god.
For as long as I have posted here, no one has produced any evidence of a god.
"For as long as I have posted here, no one has produced any evidence of a god."

There is no god.
Therefore no evidence of one.

Nottingham, UK

#118874 Dec 14, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Why do the religious keep insisting atheists have faith and a religion?
I have no religion in which to defend, and I have no faith in which to defend.
None of which you speak is the basis of my atheism. I simply do not believe in your god or other gods because I have neither heard nor seen any evidence or logic to support the idea of the claimed god.
Their is zero evidence of any god ever claimed in the history of the world.
My mind is open to change if you or anyone could actually produce evidence of a god.
For as long as I have posted here, no one has produced any evidence of a god.
curious says atheists are foolish and in the same breath he'll say that atheists have faith.

So by curious own admission, taking things on faith is foolish.

Which is strange, because taking things on faith is exactly what curious does, which means that he is also foolish.

curious believes that atheists are just as foolish as he is.

Nottingham, UK

#118875 Dec 14, 2013
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
He likes to focus on the murders in the bible and like an idiot, tries to make out that all that killing is good.

Nottingham, UK

#118876 Dec 14, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
"For as long as I have posted here, no one has produced any evidence of a god."
There is no god.
Therefore no evidence of one.
but curious says there is a god - he knows because his god talks to him.
spaceship

Roseville, CA

#118877 Dec 14, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Hiya SS.
Good post. Truth brings out the love in religies.
Hi LOL. Yes when challenged religies fail in that department. Good to see you back, I miss your humorous comments.
spaceship

Roseville, CA

#118878 Dec 14, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
He likes to focus on the murders in the bible and like an idiot, tries to make out that all that killing is good.
You're right. When challenged he resorts to name calling and how his god with destroy us. If we have chariots with wheels of iron, then god will have no power over us.

Nottingham, UK

#118879 Dec 14, 2013
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right. When challenged he resorts to name calling and how his god with destroy us. If we have chariots with wheels of iron, then god will have no power over us.
The reality is that it's belief in his god that's been destroyed.

Darwin killed him.

We put him on our money.

In Darwin we trust.

http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/banknotes/curr...

“There is no god.”

USA

#118880 Dec 14, 2013
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi LOL. Yes when challenged religies fail in that department. Good to see you back, I miss your humorous comments.
Thanks.
Peace be with you brother.

“There is no god.”

USA

#118881 Dec 14, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
but curious says there is a god - he knows because his god talks to him.
Yes, slow witted trolls like bi-curious are easily fooled.
Curious

Ocoee, FL

#118882 Dec 14, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, we criticize the mass murder detailed in the bible.
You think the murders were justified.
We think your morals are flawed due to such claims.
The 9/11 murderers felt they were being "just' also. They felt god wanted them to punish the Americans for not honoring Mohamed's wishes.
I see no real difference in the two situations.
Both killed about three thousand people.
I think you have the same morality as the terrorists of 9/11.
I say Atheists have no morality at all. You failed to address any of the facts I posted and went of in a tangent. 9/11 has nothing to do with Christianity ,
What part of this posting are you afraid to address? answer All of it.
Atheist morality , if there is such,is putrid.
The criticize the actions of Moses in eradicating the cancer brought into midst of the congregation by those who willfully refused to acknowledge their God , whom they knew had brought them out of Egypt and the bonds of slavery.
They posed athreat to the congregation as a whole,as stipulated by God.
Now , let us fast forward to today and analyze Atheist Morality , or lack thereof.
Staak Rosch, an Atheist activist tells us that Atheists are in denial of the situation surrounding deconversion.
He states that those who deconvert face some monumental problems,
They feel ostracized , lonely , lost and confusedwith no one to turn to for help.
As a result, they become suicidial " Staak states his belief that his close friend probably committed suicide as a result of his deconversion.
In order to combat their loneliness and depression , as a result of their deconversion, Atheists seek to remedy the situation by turning to drug and alcohol abuse.
Those with the courage to seek help , must now turn to those friends whose beliefs they abandoned or, continue their miserable existence,debating whether they should commit suicide or drown their sorrows in alcohol and drugs..
That is the LOVE that they claim to have for those who deconvert.
Though they may be attempting to erase the blght they have caused, there is no evidence to support it being succesful.
That some 25% of Atheists attend religious services and 20 % believe in God is a clear indication that they need look to God to solve their chaotic situation as Atheism is unable to help them.
The Atheists on this forum are reluctant to defend the basis for their beliefs that there is no God or Gods ,because their Faith and beliefs are
based on nonsense and gibberish,therefore indefensible.
I may disagree with someone's faith , but I will at least give them credit for having the courage to defend their faith.
To not be willing to defend one's faith clearly demonstrates how groundless that faith is. If it is not worth defending , it is worthless and not worth having.
Excuses and smokescreens are no defense , they are evasive tactics concocted by those with exceptionally low moral standards
Curious

Ocoee, FL

#118883 Dec 14, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi hf
Hope you're well and that life is being good to you.
I've never had problems making friends with people and I count atheists, Muslims, Buddhists and Christians among my friends. I've made friends with a handful of Christians on Topix and we've also hooked up on Facebook.
You're right, it's all down to mutual respect and civility and being aware that we're all entitled to our viewpoints.
Have a great Christmas and New Year!
Life is not being good to him , the topix moderstor is on him like ugly on an ape,from which Atheists claim to have descended LOL
Respect and civility are terms that you use but are not acquainted with ther meaning.LOL

Your self proclamation that you have friends is not supported by any facts as you have provided none.....LOL
Baka Saru....
Yes , I mock you all.
My responses are fitting for those who are wilfully ignorant and foolish by choice.
Again I ask, Why do you keep responding to what I post?
Must be somthing contained in what I post that keeps drawing you like a moth to a flame.
You must enjoy getting burned..... LOL You're all part of my Entertainment Center.

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#118886 Dec 14, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot on a fools mission,
Evolution can not explain the creation of life,intelligence or consciousness.
Tell the Psychiatrist on board your Ship of fools to rewire your 2 remaining brain cells.
If he ain't available, try farting out of your ear,the release of noxious gases may alleviate the pressure and discomfort afficting your mind LOL
Yes it can! You just fail to acknowledge it. As a matter of fact, Humans are still evolving even today! about 9 percent of our genes are undergoing rapid evolution as we speak [source: Science Daily]. The genes most affected by natural selection are those involving the immune system, sexual reproduction and sensory perception.

Lactose intolerance is one example of natural selection. We are the only species that doesn't become lactose intolerant as we grow up. According to experts, this seemed to have happened when cattle became domesticated in Europe centuries ago [source: Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard]. Another example is the sickle hemoglobin gene, which occurs in people who live in certain regions of Africa and other areas where malaria is endemic. This gene mutation makes people who have it more resistant to malaria. While they can still contract the disease, they are less likely to die from it. The mutation probably happened over hundreds of generations as a result of the constant exposure to malaria and people contracting and surviving it [source: Harvard University].
Curious

Ocoee, FL

#118888 Dec 14, 2013
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the hypocrite and troll, I was not preaching , as you well know,but will not acknowledge.
As you can see ,what I posted on Atheism is based on the facts as stated by the Atheist activist Staak Rosch, Facts which you could not disprove.

Atheist morality , if there is such,is putrid.
The criticize the actions of Moses in eradicating the cancer brought into midst of the congregation by those who willfully refused to acknowledge their God , whom they knew had brought them out of Egypt and the bonds of slavery.
They posed a threat to the congregation as a whole,as stipulated by God.

Now , let us fast forward to today and analyze Atheist Morality , or lack thereof.
Staak Rosch, an Atheist activist tells us that Atheists are in denial of the situation surrounding deconversion.
He states that those who deconvert face some monumental problems,
They feel ostracized , lonely , lost and confused with no one to turn to for help.
As a result, they become suicidial " Staak states his belief that his close friend probably committed suicide as a result of his deconversion.
In order to combat their loneliness and depression , as a result of their deconversion, Atheists seek to remedy the situation by turning to drug and alcohol abuse.
Those with the courage to seek help , must now turn to those friends whose beliefs they abandoned or, continue their miserable existence,debating whether they should commit suicide or drown their sorrows in alcohol and drugs..
That is the LOVE that they claim to have for those who deconvert.
Though they may be attempting to erase the blght they have caused, there is no evidence to support it being succesful.
That some 25% of Atheists attend religious services and 20 % believe in God is a clear indication that they need look to God to solve their chaotic situation as Atheism is unable to help them.
The Atheists on this forum are reluctant to defend the basis for their beliefs that there is no God or Gods ,because their Faith and beliefs are
based on nonsense and gibberish,therefore indefensible.
I may disagree with someone's faith , but I will at least give them credit for having the courage to defend their faith.
To not be willing to defend one's faith clearly demonstrates how groundless that faith is. If it is not worth defending , it is worthless and not worth having.
Excuses and smokescreens are no defense , they are evasive tactics concocted by those with exceptionally low moral standards
peten

Manchester, KY

#118891 Dec 14, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
How many times must we explain this to you curious.... you claim your god is the designer....I claim evolution is the designer via variation and selection, it serves to favor reproduction and shape things according to environmental conditions.
As I stated before, and you failed to answer. If a Designer does not need a designer to create it, why should other things?
energy doesn't need a creator. it is uncreated.

your problem now is if energy is conscious and can you create something, in this case intelligence, from unintelligent, or nothing.

selection implies the ability to make a choice.

innate implies that something is born(created)with it. in this idea we are implying carried into
choice = selection

natural = innate = born

so why choose the unknown vs the unknown in evolution?

because intelligence is infinite; otherwise selection isn't possible.

MIND is infinite, the UNCAUSED CAUSE.

it has no form.

knowledge is power

MIND is the power

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington-Fayette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Foreign Women in Lexington 9 min snow 6
girl walking 15 min reallygoodman 1
Debbie cox 29 min Mike15 3
SW132 BW Maint. 41 min Former 1B 25
Nail salons 43 min snow 2
A Walk Through the Cemetary 44 min snow 5
Annoying uy with bull horn at fireworks behind ... 52 min snow 2
More from around the web

Lexington-Fayette People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE