Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 5,458)

Showing posts 109,141 - 109,160 of128,061
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't wear a helmet because I understand physics, DOT and Snell ratings and the stat's from my last ome state of Michigan that had a helmet law for many years and then changed the law to No Helmet...
a 2 lb helmet has a very heavy Inertial mass at 60mph.. While the impact rating under DOT and Snell of about 25mph... The Inertial mass causes the head to be forced into an impact that may have not occurred without the added mass... It also causes a greater rate of spinal damage... In Michigan the Death Rate due to head injury did rise by about 2% after they passed the No Helmet laws but the number of Paralysis due to spinal cord damage Dropped by 28%...
Then there is the issue with helmets limiting vision and hearing potential crash situations until the last moment ... In all states that have dropped mandatory helmet laws and seen a reduction of crashes in the first place...
A friend of my dad's, another "Goldwing" rider... turned left from the outside lane making a U turn... a car clipped his back wheel, knocking the bike over, he bumped his head, walked away from the accident...
Died later from bleeding in his head... No Helmet!
Busey... No Helmet, and look at him now...
Helmet or no... No man knows the time of his recall!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Over half of American adults do not even vote. So your assumptions are just that, with no actual evidence to prove your allegations.
I'll bet next election the voting numbers will be greater!
Looking at what the liberals done to the US...
Thank God... Jesus' return is soon!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
No ,,,, We have different opinions on Just Punishment.
Those who worshipped the calf had been instructed not to do so and were given the reasons why they should not do so. It would be detrimental to the wellbeing of the entire congregation ,as you well know
They knew full well there would be cosecuences as you well know
Not only that , They were given the opportunity to correct the error of their ways , which they refused as you well know.
They had no one to blame for their fate but themselves as you well know
Great post!
Imagine their indignation, and shame when they receive their "Just" punishment!
All because the refuse to "Repent, and be Saved"!
God Bless!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

To all...
You do not need a "Religion"!
You ONLY Need Christ!
No other books, denominations, or gods...
Just a Relationship with Jesus!
Repent, and be Saved!

Good day to all!

Since: Feb 12

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmmm...
And a "Pope" telling you that an Atheist will make it to heaven "IF" he does good works... isn't a "Deceiver"???
Who was the Father of Lies???
Being a liar was only half the equation to being an antichrist. He believes the Jesus came in the flesh. Still you cannot claim using
2John 1:7 that the Pope is the antichrist.

"those who do not confess the coming of Jesus Christ in the flesh.......the antichrist".

Now as far as being a liar the bible clearly shows all men are liars.

Romans 3:4
Let God be true, and every human being a liar. As it is written: "So that you may be proved right when you speak and prevail when you judge."

Antichrist Equation
(Liar +[rejects Jesus in the flesh])= antichrist.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it's true.... The Overall voting records of the Major Cities such as Detroit, Chicago, LA, NY, Atlanta ect. show Democrat Massive Majority.... and a few voted so with 100% to 115% of the registered voting numbers... Now aline that with the FBI Stat's on the US Prison Populations and where the crimes happen about 90% of US Violent Crimes take place in Cities over 200,000 people... With a large number of Gangs, both Hispanic and Black, making up a large segment of that... Knowing the Demographics of such groups the Vast Majority support and agree with Liberal political policies...
So I stand by the Rational observation that Prisons are Overwhelmingly Democrats and Liberals... I think 90% sounds about right for the populations...
Somehow, I just don't see Crips and Bloods being obsessed with politics one way or the other. What I have seen is that you are remarkably similar to curious, except that you insert "liberal" where he inserts "atheist".

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
To all...
You do not need a "Religion"!
You ONLY Need Christ!
No other books, denominations, or gods...
Just a Relationship with Jesus!
Repent, and be Saved!
Good day to all!
Jesus did not pray to Jesus and he didn't write or even review a single sentence of the Bible.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>I never understood why on God's green earth, a person would buy a house for X$... then pay a HOA for the rest of their lives, and to be subject to them...
"You can only have this type, and color of mailbox..."
I guess it keeps you from having to think too much!
Where did you get the idea that I like HOA's? As far as not having to think very much, since I'm not the one who stays glued to CBN and Faux, you're in no position to chip golf balls at my lanai.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>A friend of my dad's, another "Goldwing" rider... turned left from the outside lane making a U turn... a car clipped his back wheel, knocking the bike over, he bumped his head, walked away from the accident...
Man, what's up with the xtian obsession with DEATH? You dwell endlessly on Rapture, Armageddon, final judgement, etc., etc. and attempt to blot out every trace of honest reason for a vague and uncertain chance that you'll somehow qualify for Yahweh's Immortality Lotto.

I used to go on ABATE poker runs - from bar to bar. Nothing says biker safety like a few belts and petitioning to remove helmet laws. The "helmets increase inertial mass" claim is just as frivolous as "Loud pipes save lives." I'd stick with "helmets obstruct operators' vision and impairs hearing."
So to appease the masses, JEB repealed the helmet laws back when he was gov. Strangest thing, by and large the kids on crotch rockets wear full helmets and the old farts on cruisers don't wear anything (except maybe a novelty skull cap to put stickers on).(And don't get me started on the new geriatric riders on overpowered mobility scooters... I saw one wobbling >at a full stop< the other day.) What voting bloc did JEB actually appease? Just goes to show that wisdom doesn't always come with age.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>A friend of my dad's, another "Goldwing" rider... turned left from the outside lane making a U turn... a car clipped his back wheel, knocking the bike over, he bumped his head, walked away from the accident...
I know a guy that knew a guy that had a friend that had an ingrown toe nail that he cut and it was fine... In a week it got infected and he died...

I also knew a guy (actually two)that never got on a scoot without full face helmet, racing leathers and boots... One died last year after 6 years as a paraplegic and the other I visit from time to time and I helped build the ramp for his wheel chair to get to the front door.....
Morning Star

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
It is nothing of the sort! It claims to be a talk given at a circuit Assembly---If it was true it would give the location of said Circuit Assembly the date etc.
Like I said I have been reading the Watchtower and Awake magazines since 1964 and somehow that escaped my attention! I think it is very interesting that almost 8 million Jehovah's Witnesses worldwide have been mislead while a brilliant individual like you was able to see the fallacy of the Watchtower. Where did you acquire such wisdom? Indeed!
Here's a link with all the Watchtower quotes, the talks at the assembly, the growth and decline of members and everything else that proves me right and you wrong. Once again you are a liar.

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/1975.php

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Somehow, I just don't see Crips and Bloods being obsessed with politics one way or the other. What I have seen is that you are remarkably similar to curious, except that you insert "liberal" where he inserts "atheist".
Ok... When Crips or Bloods actually vote (And they do) what party do you think they vote for? Who do their family and friends vote for?

I really doubt more than a single digit proportion voted for a Conservative...

That's because he thinks they are related issues and I can see why because most Atheists are Liberal... The difference is that while he is correct that the Majority of Atheists are Liberal I know that the Majority of Liberals are not Atheists...

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Ding Dong.... your brain calling!
We do not worship the flag, or the Cross...
We ONLY Worship God...
The Cross is only a symbol of His Love for US, and to get up your nose!
I see that you have Catholic indoctrination in your beliefs. You showing a lack of faith the bible requires. A real Christian would not need symbols.
Ding Dong!

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok... When Crips or Bloods actually vote (And they do) what party do you think they vote for? Who do their family and friends vote for?
I really doubt more than a single digit proportion voted for a Conservative...
That's because he thinks they are related issues and I can see why because most Atheists are Liberal... The difference is that while he is correct that the Majority of Atheists are Liberal I know that the Majority of Liberals are not Atheists...
I'm neither atheist nor Democrat and still get accused of both, but I'll admit that when it comes to challenging whack nuts, I am probably more likely to tick off a tea party stooge than a green party flower child.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
No ,,,, We have different opinions on Just Punishment.
Those who worshipped the calf had been instructed not to do so and were given the reasons why they should not do so. It would be detrimental to the wellbeing of the entire congregation ,as you well know
They knew full well there would be cosecuences as you well know
Not only that , They were given the opportunity to correct the error of their ways , which they refused as you well know.
They had no one to blame for their fate but themselves as you well know
A different opinion on what is justice and it involves killing, is the very definition of the subject (murder)!
Murder is an unjust killing. If we differ on what is a just killing, then we differ on what is murder. Do I need to explain this any more? It is just English.
You feel it is just to kill someone due to their religious beliefs, I do not. Simply put, I think it is murder, you do not.

Consequences can mean many things. When you decide to kill someone for worshipping a calf, American justice would call it murder.
Evidently you have a different and double standard for Moses. I do not. I hold the same standards for him as I would anyone.

It is a question of what is moral.
Now you claim the group would have been harmed somehow due to some worshiping a calf. Please tell us how? And please do not assume I know what is in the mind of yourself. We have extremely different thoughts. For example, I see killing someone due to worshiping a golden calf, murder. You do not.

America was not founded upon values like this. In fact, they are polar opposites. America has a fundamentally different opinion of what constitutes a just killing(murder).

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>"if you wish to be gods enforcement agency"???
Does God need me to silence your evil lips???
NO! He'll do that Himself!
Wait for it!
God can silence no one, god damn it. See?

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Morning Star wrote:
Here's a few quotes on how they keep their followers dumb.
"Many schools now have student counselors who encourage one to pursue higher education after high school, to pursue a career with a future in this system of things. Do not be influenced by them. Do not let them "brainwash" you with the Devil's propaganda to get ahead, to make something of yourself in this world. This world has very little time left! Any "future" this world offers is no future! Wisely, then, let God's Word influence you in selecting a course that will result in your protection and blessing. Make pioneer service, the full-time ministry, with the possibility of Bethel or missionary service your goal. This is a life that offers an everlasting future!" Watchtower 1969 Mar 15 p.171
"If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. Of the generation that observed the beginning of the "last days" in 1914, Jesus foretold: "This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur."-Matt. 24:34. Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in highschool and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!" Awake! 1969 May 22 p.15
You have shown evidence that JW's are told to remain dumb and not read anything that contradicts their teachings.

Nice racket religion is. Useful to make billions of dollars, pay no taxes, have followers work for free and no pensions. Only a life insurance policy that nobody has come back to life to claim and the church cannot be sued for fraud.

Do the big shots at the watchtower get a pension,free housing,car,meals,spending loot and the rest of the sheep get fleeced?
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>A different opinion on what is justice and it involves killing, is the very definition of the subject (murder)!
Murder is an unjust killing. If we differ on what is a just killing, then we differ on what is murder. Do I need to explain this any more? It is just English.
You feel it is just to kill someone due to their religious beliefs, I do not. Simply put, I think it is murder, you do not.
Consequences can mean many things. When you decide to kill someone for worshipping a calf, American justice would call it murder.
Evidently you have a different and double standard for Moses. I do not. I hold the same standards for him as I would anyone.
It is a question of what is moral.
Now you claim the group would have been harmed somehow due to some worshiping a calf. Please tell us how? And please do not assume I know what is in the mind of yourself. We have extremely different thoughts. For example, I see killing someone due to worshiping a golden calf, murder. You do not.
America was not founded upon values like this. In fact, they are polar opposites. America has a fundamentally different opinion of what constitutes a just killing(murder).
You are ,intentionally or otherwise , ignoring a very important fact.
The Israelis were governed by a covenant between God and the Congregation. The covenant was agreed to by all in the congregation.
It contained statutes and commandments that they agreed to obey.
The most IMPORTANT of which are;
I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

“You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, theLord your God, am a jealous God.

They understood that they were to obey all statutes and command ments so all would go well with them and they agreed to those terms.They knew that God would test them to see if they were truly obedient. They knew disobedience would have bad consecuences.

In America , we are ruled by man made laws , not by a covenant with God.
Those are 2 completely different situations , under different circumstances governed by different rules.
Trying to apply the rules of 1 event to the other totally unrelated event is absurd and illogical.
The israelis agreed to obey the rules. they did not.
They were given the opportunity to repent and they did not.
Therefore they had to bear the consecuences for their actions.

This is almost like the imperfect manmade system we are governed by.
We have laws, if those laws are violated , there are consecuences.
Generally speaking there are consecuences,although not in all cases. You got the money and a smart lawyer and you can beat a murder rap. OJ and Zimmerman come to mind
On the streets ,we hyave a saying , don't do the crime if you can't do the time.
You can spin it any way you want , but it will become unravelled.

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
On several occassions it has been alleged that I change monikers.
You guys through out the bait , I did not bite.
You 2 guys headed for the hook and have refused to let it go.
As for me , I will not reel you in ....cling on to that hook for as long as you want
I've never accused you of using other monikers, because I don't give a fac, if you post the same nonsense as 'another moniker' you will just be made the fool in 'another moniker's name'.... The only person I have said posted as other monikers are Sista,{ which everyone knows she does, she admits it} and Known Fact {who also admitted posting in another forum as another moniker and forgot to change before replying to me} which KF apologized for doing,{wasn't necessary} he/she can do whatever they want, after all, it's a free country.

But of course when you accuse one of doing something and they have repeatedly told you they have never used other Moniker's, then be prepared for a 'smack down'
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>I've never accused you of using other monikers, because I don't give a fac, if you post the same nonsense as 'another moniker' you will just be made the fool in 'another moniker's name'.... The only person I have said posted as other monikers are Sista,{ which everyone knows she does, she admits it} and Known Fact {who also admitted posting in another forum as another moniker and forgot to change before replying to me} which KF apologized for doing,{wasn't necessary} he/she can do whatever they want, after all, it's a free country.
But of course when you accuse one of doing something and they have repeatedly told you they have never used other Moniker's, then be prepared for a 'smack down'
Psychological studies have shown that the guilty will prove their guilt by continuously and unnecessarily insisting they are innocent.
In other words , after the issue has been declared a non issue they keep harping on it any way.
This condition is called" Trying to ease your conscience by deceptive means "

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 109,141 - 109,160 of128,061
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lexington-Fayette Discussions

Search the Lexington-Fayette Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min Liberals are looney 145,016
candi laswell 3 min omg 45
Rania daughter born to Dia Davidson (Jan '10) 15 min head bonk 10
If i,m in the Military can i just walk off base... 25 min debrief 4
Leroy's jewlers blonde 26 min stalkers 2
Looking for a rental property 28 min rose 3
2013 Camper for Sale 47 min Sharon 1
•••
•••
•••
Lexington-Fayette Dating

more search filters

less search filters