Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
104,061 - 104,080 of 128,708 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
SistaNoneyaBiz

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
There is an entire universe more to history than Jerusalem and Bethlehem.
Boiling down a few hundreds of your posts and hundreds of thousands of your words, all you really have to say is that your idea of a Big Bang is a Naked Archaeologist.
Yucky.
Listen WORM, don't even pretend and kid yourself, that you would have ANY clue what I might be thinking.
Duhmmy.
That Simon guy in my book, works in and of a whole different realm of Science than Monseigneur Georges Henri Joseph Édouard Lemaître.

Don't you have a kaleidodoscope to conjur up some predictions and amuse yourself with or something?
SistaNoneyaBiz

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
There is an entire universe more to history than Jerusalem and Bethlehem.
Boiling down a few hundreds of your posts and hundreds of thousands of your words, all you really have to say is that your idea of a Big Bang is a Naked Archaeologist.
Yucky.
AND....a question for you too.

Do yew copies and pastes fer wikistoopedia...Like all over and way digressed OFF page subject material?
SistaNoneyaBiz

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, he hates the theory of evolution so darned much, he cannot even write the word with respect.
Personal interpretation. Maybe he just intensely dislike the disrespect of those who see nothing beyond the often cold, clinical, narrowness of just Science.

People can believe in BOTH evolution and higher order realms that possibly contributed to it's initial beginning you know.

It's still allowed-especially in NON-commieTic countries, with NON-commieTIc type regimes.

(and even in stone age places, because REALITY is, peoples thoughts are their OWN, and N-O one elses, no matter what commeTIC types ignorantly WISH!!)
SistaNoneyaBiz

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>"makes absolutely zero claims of a god"...
Look in the mirror for a liar!
I Love science...
You protest Truth!
lol

Science is cool sometimes too huh YaA !
SistaNoneyaBiz

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
I literally do not understand what you said here. But rock on, dude.
Okay.

The cult of Neverland Ranch seems to have been just as freaky a place, as it's cult leader was.

Even if could sing well, he was still, warpeDuh in theheaduh!!

Po'feller...so sad...so warped!

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>"I believe" ain't what you crack it up to be.
I read fine, and your comparison doesn't hold any water. GW obviously wrote, but there is no evidence that JC wrote or that what was written about him was accurate through divine inspiration, fastidious record keeping by scribes/disciples or incredible memories. For all you >know< the teachings and lessons of Jesus could an amalgam of a dozen social malcontents from his day. All you have is belief in doctrine as concocted and inflicted by the accumulated musings of clergy. It's nice that it makes you feel warm and fuzzy, but that just about sums it up. Nice.
Spoken like an outsider.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneyaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen WORM, don't even pretend and kid yourself, that you would have ANY clue what I might be thinking.
Duhmmy.
That Simon guy in my book, works in and of a whole different realm of Science than Monseigneur Georges Henri Joseph Édouard Lemaître.
Don't you have a kaleidodoscope to conjur up some predictions and amuse yourself with or something?
LOL! Predicting your acrid retorts doesn't take a crystal ball. You ain't all that, SistaProvenPious.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I have no doubt the prophesies of the old could have easily claimed to have been fulfilled by someone, but again, it is but a claim.
I am sure many a devout Jewish scholar would be glad to show you where their writings did not mean what you interpret them to mean.
But with all these prophesies we see the typical vague predictions can be interpreted a thousand different ways. This is why their are over 38,000 different Christian sects.
Yeah, must have been some other guy born of a virgin that could make the blind see, the lame walk, have control of the seas and the weather, bring people back from the dead, teach life lessons that made the smartest scratch their heads, that ride into Jerusalem on a donkey that performed every act that was said would happen (right down to being made to drink gall while being tortured and killed).

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken like an outsider.
Why, thank you. Maybe someday you can be objective about the subject as well.
SistaNoneyoBiz

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Predicting your acrid retorts doesn't take a crystal ball. You ain't all that, SistaProvenPious.
AhhhHA!

So you admit-REAL acrid IS toxic!!(while minding thine own business pious is NOT)

About time you brainless worms figured SOMETHING scientific out!

:-)
SistaNoneyoBiz

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, must have been some other guy born of a virgin that could make the blind see, the lame walk, have control of the seas and the weather, bring people back from the dead, teach life lessons that made the smartest scratch their heads, that ride into Jerusalem on a donkey that performed every act that was said would happen (right down to being made to drink gall while being tortured and killed).
Seems like sometimes the small minded have to be painted a mental picture.

My opinion-Anyone could liken having beliefs in more than just the materialisTic and often cold, clinical science stuff of this world as to walking on chosen pathways.

Some choose to walk purposely on pathways of misery of their own choosings, pathways of jagged, pointy, hurt inflicting rocks, surrounded by nothing but poisonous vegetations that they continually have to swipe out of the way, inflicting even more misery unto themselves, while others choose pathways that they themselves, armed with proper equipment that help smooth the jagged rocks along the way, and cull the poisoness vegetations that exist only to inflict pain and poison onto others that walk amongst them, even if they walk without malice.
Those that are truly armed right and choose better paths, will be okay, while those that intentionally and continually choose to walk the poisoness pathways of their own willful ignorance (and especially those that hurt others intentionally or without regard for while in the process of) will also eventually struggle along they way, but will ultimetely suffer from the continual poisons of that which they chose to absorb, from walking the wrong pathways along the way.

Kind of like good versus evil...and Evil usually loses in the long run.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneyoBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems like sometimes the small minded have to be painted a mental picture.
My opinion-Anyone could liken having beliefs in more than just the materialisTic and often cold, clinical science stuff of this world as to walking on chosen pathways.
Some choose to walk purposely on pathways of misery of their own choosings, pathways of jagged, pointy, hurt inflicting rocks, surrounded by nothing but poisonous vegetations that they continually have to swipe out of the way, inflicting even more misery unto themselves, while others choose pathways that they themselves, armed with proper equipment that help smooth the jagged rocks along the way, and cull the poisoness vegetations that exist only to inflict pain and poison onto others that walk amongst them, even if they walk without malice.
Those that are truly armed right and choose better paths, will be okay, while those that intentionally and continually choose to walk the poisoness pathways of their own willful ignorance (and especially those that hurt others intentionally or without regard for while in the process of) will also eventually struggle along they way, but will ultimetely suffer from the continual poisons of that which they chose to absorb, from walking the wrong pathways along the way.
Kind of like good versus evil...and Evil usually loses in the long run.
PhiNitWitTic You sPEak Of sMaLLMINDed.
!REALly! lol
The College Edjumacated DuHmmy - THE True Religious NUT.

iF BRAINS were MaDe oF CoTtOn !!!YOU!!!! wOuld Not have ENOugh TOOOOOO make A TAMPon for A GNATS ArSe.

ROFLMAO
College REJECTed PhiNitWitTic The ChamPION Of HYpocRisy and STUPIDity.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Leaving the Light On wrote:
Luke 12:2
King James Version (KJV)
2 For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known.
Ecclesiastes 12:14
King James Version (KJV)
14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.
I do not believe the claim.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>"makes absolutely zero claims of a god"...
Look in the mirror for a liar!
I Love science...
You protest Truth!
I am not evolution.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>"The theory needs not be complete to have truth"
Can you even hear yourself???
Keep your religion out of our schools!
I can hear myself.
Would you like to show how I am wrong or are you going to just play like a schoolyard brat?
You want religion out of schools? Great, then we agree on something.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

<quoted text>Respect? Respect what... Stupid?
No way!
I can respect the deceived, as I once was, you are!
I truly hope that changes for you, but I will not hold my breath!
It IS only a theory injected by God-haters who Think...
If I can only say God does not exist, I will forego any
punishment at the end of my God-hating life...
God IS real, and any that you've pushed away from Him...
WILL be on Your head!
God being Just... I don't want to be you!
Amen!
First, the theory of evolution is believed by many god believers, so your whole premise is provably a lie.
The Catholic church officially says evolution is truth. Now it claims the mechanism is god, but that is just their view of how evolution works.
Now I know you hate Catholicism but they do believe in god. Now are you going to continue to lie to make your case?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>"The theory needs not be complete to have truth"
Can you even hear yourself???
Keep your religion out of our schools!
So you wish for science books that speak of evolution to be taken out of schools?
Funny how some here think no Christians have this agenda.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, Mark is definitely far down the miracle scale compared to the others. And I love that the women who entered the empty tomb said nothing to no one. In other gospels aren't the people proclaiming everything loudly? In this one doesn't Jesus even say not to tell people about him? Or am I also remembering that one wrong?
God, I do NOT want to read the Bible again. It is a terrible piece of literature.
Not sure about that last part. But the very fact no resurrection is mentioned should be the largest red flag to anyone who can see this.
How could a believer think the book of Mark would just leave this part out? It is the smoking bullet that is evidence of a mythical story.
Note how no believers here have debated this yet.
Denial is key to faith.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneyaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Not on this Earth, I would agree, because I do tend to realize, NOTHING of this Earth, is actually perfect.
As for life beyond here on Earth, I would not know, anymore than the next person, Christian, non-Christian or otherwise. Astronauts not included...they have valid, rational, logical speaking points in my book.
----------
The entire idea of all persons being happy all the time is an impossibility unless they had no free mind or will and were just programed robots. As all humans have different ideas of what is good or makes them happy, no one environment could make all happy. This is why Utopia is an impossibility, not because earth has problems.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

SistaNoneyaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Not on this Earth, I would agree, because I do tend to realize, NOTHING of this Earth, is actually perfect.
As for life beyond here on Earth, I would not know, anymore than the next person, Christian, non-Christian or otherwise. Astronauts not included...they have valid, rational, logical speaking points in my book.
----------
“The Earth reminded us of a Christmas tree ornament hanging in the blackness of space. As we got farther and farther away it diminished in size. Finally it shrank to the size of a marble, the most beautiful marble you can imagine. That beautiful, warm, living object looked so fragile, so delicate, that if you touched it with a finger it would crumble and fall apart.
**Seeing this has to change a man, has to make a man appreciate the creation of God and the love of God.”
– James Irwin; NASA Astronaut
----------
Did you mention "Irony"?
James Irwin-
EDUCATION: Graduated from East High School,***Salt Lake City, Utah***.
He received a Bachelor of Science degree in --Naval Science from the United States Naval Academy in 1951 and Master of Science degrees in Aeronautical Engineering and Instrumentation Engineering from the University of Michigan in 1957.--
Awarded an Honorary Doctorate of Astronautical Science from the University of Michigan in 1971, an Honorary Doctorate of Science from William Jewell College in 1971, and an Honorary Doctorate from Samford University in Birmingham, Alabama, in 1972....
EXPERIENCE: Irwin, an Air Force Colonel, was commissioned in the Air Force upon graduation from the Naval Academy in 1951. He received his flight training at Hondo Air Base and Reese Air Force Base, Texas.
Prior to reporting for duty at the Manned Spacecraft Center, he was assigned as Chief of the Advanced Requirements Branch at Headquarters Air Defense Command. He was graduated from the Air Force Aerospace Research Pilot School in 1963 and from the Air Force Experimental Test Pilot School in 1961.
He also served with the F-12 Test Force at Edwards Air Force Base, California, and with the AIM 47 Project Office at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio.
During his military career, he accumulated more than 7,015 hours flying time, 5,300 hours in jet aircraft.
NASA EXPERIENCE: Colonel Irwin was one of the 19 astronauts selected by NASA in April 1966. He was crew commander of lunar module (LTA-8)-this vehicle finished the first series of thermal vacuum tests on June 1, 1968. He also served as a member of the astronaut support crew for Apollo 10 and as backup lunar module pilot for the Apollo 12 flight.
Irwin served as lunar module pilot for Apollo, July 26 to August 7, 1971. His companions on the flight were David R. Scott, spacecraft commander and Alfred M. Worden, command module pilot. Apollo 15 was the fourth manned lunar landing mission and the first to visit and explore the moon's Hadley Rille and Apennine Mountains which are located on the southeast edge of the Mare Imbrium (Sea of Rains). The lunar module, "Falcon", remained on the lunar surface for 66 hours, 54 minutes-setting a new record for lunar surface stay time-and Scott and Irwin logged 18 hours a
----------
To anyone with some actual common sense AND holding some reading comprehension, that Mr. Irwin does not exactly sound like an Ignorant, "God hating" or denying schlep huh?
Which leads right into your third question rather "ironically" was well, to which I can honestly answer, that type of thing is something I usually base on the environment, more specifically, the mentality levels in character (or LACK thereof) that I might be dealing with.
Hope that answers your questions @moi.
Does being an astronaut make you beyond ignorance of all things?
I am not calling all believers stupid or something like this. Do you know what ignorance means? It does not mean stupid.
And if you wish for me to believe I must appreciate god due to what an astronaut thinks you must believe I am a robot.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lexington-Fayette Discussions

Search the Lexington-Fayette Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Jalee Humphry Dead? (May '11) 8 min Rofl 12
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 17 min scirocco 146,341
Pastor no help 18 min Wings of a Dove 297
Do you approve of Jeffrey E. Edwards as Mayor? 41 min considering 13
County Judge Race 47 min voter 2
Debate: Gay Marriage - Georgetown, KY (Jul '10) 58 min dave 515
Broken dreams or reality, that's life! 1 hr Tim 4
•••
•••
•••
Lexington-Fayette Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••