Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 148104 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

De Truth

El Paso, TX

#109127 Jul 28, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
You play games like a child.
You can not participate in an adult conversation.
What's up with the freaky owl icon you have there?
You part of the Bohemian Grove or something?
I sure hope you don't worship Moloch.
Your name is a little weird too, are you into witchcraft????
Maybe you have been deceived by the great deceiver?

Ok, go ahead and forget all the stuff I just posted and attack my grammar. jajajaja
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#109133 Jul 28, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
SP masqueraded as Jimmy Rants in the Harlan Forum. By his own admission he confessed to having 5 other monikers,including Applacha.
Right after SP disappeared from this website ,Applacha posted on this thread one time.
These other klutzes,Chromiuman,Viagio,Spek takal spectacles,LOL in a suit,Stuck in Lodi,Kittenfodder,The Witch,Nefalim,Umm,Dukette and whatever other nicks they use,are not all individuals.
I have alluded to this before and presented my evidence.
Now,they have changed their MO somewhat,but,there is more than one way to skin a cat.
Needless to say,the 2 or 3 Atheists responsible for all these monikers will deny the allegations,not surprising.
Anyhow,it was good hearing from you,
God Bless you .
Our God lives and Christ is Lord....
Hell Fire, I haven't been here in 2 damn months but I see curious sure missed me, nice to know I'm loved and missed
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#109138 Jul 28, 2013
Honestly, to have Curious as your Moniker, the one thing you fail to be curious about is how to use the correct words in sentences. Now if we could just get you to pay more attention to that and not some paranoid chit that everyone on this forum is one person out to get you, we would all be happy campers, at least we could follow your insane post a bit better. Hell, most of the time I find myself passing your posts up because I feel my IQ level must drop to your level to understand you.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#109141 Jul 29, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
The little footnote could have been wrong. Who's to say those were inspired? There are so many books missing in the Bible, the prophecy John spoke of could have been contained in a scroll we do not have. That pastor never thought that maybe the footnote was wrong? Wow
Sure. And it is possible that aliens stole key Biblical documents. It is also possible that Satan altered the DNA of all living creatures to make it look like we evolved from a common ancestor.

Lots of things are possible. But what is probable?

What strikes me as weird is that you would assume the Bible is true then try to retrofit all the evidence to support it. That's backwards from the way we pursue knowledge if we care about truth.

Location hidden

#109142 Jul 29, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Have I ever asked you to listen to what I have to say?
You need to listen to what SCIENCE AND PSYCHIATRY HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THE MENTAL CONDITIONS AFFLICTING ATHEISTS.
There are some great things happening,for which I will give them credit.
Many attend religious services.
Obviously looking for answers and solutions to issues that Atheism is not capable of solving,due to the fact that,Atheism is the cause.
Many of your children are converting into believers.
Still in all,Atheism,as you well know,causes mental disorders ,addiction to foreign substances and suicidial tendencies.
Would you not agree that your time would be better spent trying to help those wretched souls who are suffering under the burden placed on them by unbelief,instead of trying to correct my grammar .
As fasr as my grammar,have any of you 2 or 3 Atheists figured it out yet.....My postings have contained enough hints.../In English and other languages..
Hasta Luego Monsieurs,frauleins and testa di cipollas
I'm starting to think you are a Poe. You don't believe anything you post but you enjoy f*cking with people and pretending to be stupid.

"Science and psychiatry" do not assert that atheists have a condition. Stop reading banal and hyperbolic Fundie websites.

Location hidden

#109143 Jul 29, 2013
De Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that America was created behind the belief in God right?
Ever heard of the Declaration of Independence?
Who is talking about teaching ALL religions?
America's laws are currently based on the 10 commandments.
You might want to check up on your history a bit. I understand the public schools have been taking God out of the schools for quite some time now, so it is understandable they don't want the young to understand the truth. Example....why did Hitler put Sodium Fluoride in the water for the public? And America says that fluoride is good for your teeth, yet if you read the back of your toothpaste, it clearly states to call poison control if you accidentally swallow what you normally put on the brush. I wonder why they put it in the water here in America???? I can tell you why Hitler put it in the water and why they are doing it here if you want to know.
Once you know the truth, the truth will set you free.
Peace.
TIJ
Conspiracy theories? Tin foil hat much?

Yeah, so the Declaration of Independence...let's see...I'm reading it now and all I can find is this mention of "nature's god". Upon looking up that term you know what I find? Discussions about Enlightenment philosophy and deism. You know what does not contain either of those ideas? Christianity.

You know what contains no Christianity? The Constitution of the United States of America.

You know what isn't based on the Ten Commandments? Virtually every law in the books.

Location hidden

#109144 Jul 29, 2013
De Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
What's up with the freaky owl icon you have there?
You part of the Bohemian Grove or something?
I sure hope you don't worship Moloch.
Your name is a little weird too, are you into witchcraft????
Maybe you have been deceived by the great deceiver?
Ok, go ahead and forget all the stuff I just posted and attack my grammar. jajajaja
An attack on grammar is really only reasonable when a poster seems to consistently break basic grammatical rules, such as refusing to put a space after a comma every single time. And I would also say that it is only reasonable to criticize such a person if he or she posts very dumb things.

And it does happen. Oh my, does it happen.

Location hidden

#109145 Jul 29, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that 97% claim and the claim the the vast majority agree that man has anything to do with global warming or climate changing is Bullocks right?......
The Number comes from a survey sent out with Only 2 Questions on it...
1. When compared with pre-1800s levels, do you think that mean global temperatures have generally risen, fallen, or remained relatively constant?
2. Do you think human activity is a significant contributing factor in changing mean global temperatures?
Here's the Break Down of the responses in graph form....
http://wattsupwiththat.files.wordpress.com/20...
The one thing not noted in that Graph is that the Author of the Survey picked which respondents were considered "Climate Scientists" based on IPCC denotations of selected individuals that are actually in various fields... So a Geologist that does not support IPCC's positions is not given status as a Climate Scientist even if his research has been strictly climate in the geological record for a decade while another Geologist is given status as a Climate Scientist by the IPCC even if he has studied geological impact on the climate for a week...
The Actual Number of Scientist that Disagree with AGW far exceeds the scientists that Agree with it...
Let me repeat that....
The Actual Number of Scientist that Disagree with AGW far exceeds the scientists that Agree with it...
It's the Notation of Who is and is not considered a Climate Scientist that is at the heart of the issue.... There is no such thing as a Climate Scientist in reality.. There are those that do scientific research in many fields of study that then focus on their fields impact on local and global climate... But a scientist that spends decades studying their fields climate impact can be ignored and not given the title of "Climate Scientist" if they are not part of a Small contingent that back the IPCC AGW world views....
There are actually multiple surveys that find a large consensus of scientists who accept the general idea of Climate Change, not just one survey.

Can you provide good evidence to support your assertion that "most" scientists reject the idea? Would you consider the opinion of an engineer or a medical doctor to be as good as a scientist who actually studies and does research on climate change? Because I can show you a list of medical doctors who think the earth is 6000 years old and I know of more than one engineer who thinks he'll get 72 virgins in heaven.

I understand that there is a genuine controversy over this topic. Unlike evolution, which is about as solid as science gets, Climate Change still has a lot of room for minority opinions. I accept that some of those minority opinions are noteworthy, coming from good scientists. But there is also a huge amount of misinformation and political bullsh*t surrounding this topic.

And that's why it is so hard for a layperson to get a good read on it. I tend to side with where the science seems to be strongest. I'm not an expert and honestly this topic is very far down the totem pole in terms of what I enjoy researching and discussing. I won't engage too deeply in a debate about it.

If you demonstrate why it is more rational to disregard what virtually the scientific organizations agree upon I will consider the issue a little more in your favor. But right now I do not see it. I see a whole lot of anti-Liberal buzz and that's about it.
Wrong again Sparky

Winchester, KY

#109146 Jul 29, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
SP masqueraded as Jimmy Rants in the Harlan Forum. By his own admission he confessed to having 5 other monikers,including Applacha.
Right after SP disappeared from this website ,Applacha posted on this thread one time.
These other klutzes,Chromiuman,Viagio,Spek takal spectacles,LOL in a suit,Stuck in Lodi,Kittenfodder,The Witch,Nefalim,Umm,Dukette and whatever other nicks they use,are not all individuals.
I have alluded to this before and presented my evidence.
Now,they have changed their MO somewhat,but,there is more than one way to skin a cat.
Needless to say,the 2 or 3 Atheists responsible for all these monikers will deny the allegations,not surprising.
Anyhow,it was good hearing from you,
God Bless you .
Our God lives and Christ is Lord....
Amen! God Bless you too :-)
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#109147 Jul 29, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
"Evidence?" LOL!
Ummm, was that the "evidence" that one person posted shortly after another person...or that one person didn't post for a long time because the other one was posting.
Surprisingly even Yaa is willing to admit you are wrong.
(Could be that is the first smart thing I've ever heard him say.)
"(Could be that is the first smart thing I've ever heard him say.)"....
No, you just ignored the rest of it!
Here is the smartest thing...
You, and every other atheist posting on here...
Proves God, and the Bible to be true, and
the Blind cannot even see it!
When you take your last breath... remember us, and
what we've sworn to... God is real!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#109148 Jul 29, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
YaA, the distribution and range of fossils doesn't support a flood myth, it helps debunk it. A massive seismic upheaval capable of raising mountain ranges and sinking the ocean floor by tens of thousands of feet over a year (or a couple thousand years) doesn't even fit YOUR narrative.
As I said, delusional psychotic.
Prove it!
You, nor I was there... YOU do not know for sure!
I Know God is real, and you can call me whatever you want, but
Even you will know the truth... when He returns!
Get to know Him... You'll be glad you did!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#109149 Jul 29, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You really need some class time,,,,
Amino acids can indeed generate in an oxygen rich environment, they can generate in a oxygen poor environment, they can generate in a methane rich or poor environ, They can generate in a UV saturated, electrically charged environment and can have phosphorus replaced with arsenic in structure....
We have no idea of the variations of the construct of what is called Life because we and all we observe evolved to fit the chemical makeup of the environments Here on earth and we Know that Life can exist from below freezing to above boiling temps, live happens in acid baths and alkaline conditions, at pressures a million times greater than you are able to handle and extreme low pressures.... Life can live and thrive in the water around the core of a nuclear reactor and in Every Case amino acids are at the base of their existence....
The problem that you have is the ability to understand the basic principles involved... the environment drives what life will be, you see life as requiring a specific environment to exist.. Earth today would be thriving with life even is there was no oxygen in the atmospheric gasses, it would be thriving if the environment was completely different as long as a few basic element were within limits... At least life as we are just starting to understand here on earth.... We have no idea what might constitute Life on other worlds....
The problem that you have is the ability to understand is... God is real, and He saved me!
I know it sounds like a broken record, but when God said "Let there be...." It happened! I do not want you separated from our Creator, but remember... it is your choice, not His!

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#109151 Jul 29, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm starting to think you are a Poe. You don't believe anything you post but you enjoy f*cking with people and pretending to be stupid.
"Science and psychiatry" do not assert that atheists have a condition. Stop reading banal and hyperbolic Fundie websites.
Yes, this is just Curious again, who enjoys accusing others of posting under different names, but is doing exactly that himself.
And you are probably right.
He's out for the attention, but he'll get no more from me.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#109152 Jul 29, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me but that should be the Holy Trinity of WitchMikeChrome.
I am probably the oldest and should get top billing.
;)
(I only wish I could debate like you, Chrome and Skeptical. I was not taught debating in school and do not have a natural knack for it. Been trying to learn from you guys for years.)
LOL Your wish came true.You do debate like them. You are them ,you twit...
It is called,Multiple personality Disorder
curious

Ocoee, FL

#109153 Jul 29, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
An attack on grammar is really only reasonable when a poster seems to consistently break basic grammatical rules, such as refusing to put a space after a comma every single time. And I would also say that it is only reasonable to criticize such a person if he or she posts very dumb things.
And it does happen. Oh my, does it happen.
I agree wit ya.
That is precisely why I have been criticizing the gibberish you have been posting about the bible.
And not only that........Using more than 1 moniker......
Now,let me ask you;
Would you not agree that your time would be spent more effectively trying to resolve the mental and social problems that
afflict Atheists instead of spending all this time worrying about my grammar?
curious

Ocoee, FL

#109154 Jul 29, 2013
uuummm wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL on the edited for stupidity! I almost missed it!
You gotta be stupid to almost miss that
curious

Ocoee, FL

#109155 Jul 29, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Honestly, to have Curious as your Moniker, the one thing you fail to be curious about is how to use the correct words in sentences. Now if we could just get you to pay more attention to that and not some paranoid chit that everyone on this forum is one person out to get you, we would all be happy campers, at least we could follow your insane post a bit better. Hell, most of the time I find myself passing your posts up because I feel my IQ level must drop to your level to understand you.
Hey,stuck on stupid.I never said anyone was out to get me.
I just find it amusing that there are fools out there with multiple personality disorders pretending to be whom they are not.
You claim to have been gone,all the while posting under 1 of your other monikers.
To be truthful,you do not give yourself enough credit for your ignorance.
In order for you to understand anyone,Your IQ needs to go up.
Your IQ and the winters in Siberia have much in common....
Below zero
curious

Ocoee, FL

#109156 Jul 29, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, this is just Curious again, who enjoys accusing others of posting under different names, but is doing exactly that himself.
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - and most fools do.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#109157 Jul 29, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Please stop including me in your paranoid delusions, its bad enough reading about your other scrambled egg versions of reality.
Reminds me of an FBI mafia roundup.Everyone declaring their innocence...
Vinnie The Chin Gigante would be proud of ya.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#109158 Jul 29, 2013
It's not a secret MD if the person comes and ask you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington-Fayette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
City Taxes and Services to INCREASE 4 min fact 27
Target allowing men in women's restroom 10 min gross 1
Flakka aka bath salts 12 min CRAZY CRAZY RON 17
Dog groomers in Mt Vernon 22 min Legit 12
Christians can't vote as Democrats...... 47 min Hmm its a moron 58
+++++GOD is a BUKKAKE KWEER++++ (Nov '13) 50 min Daniel Carver 3
were is Travis evans 58 min The real Erica 15
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lexington-Fayette Mortgages