'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Full Story
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#127971 Oct 9, 2013
False Reports Claim Amber Alert System Is Another Victim Of Government Shutdown

The website for the Amber Alert program was recently shutdown until workers could return to their offices. While the Amber Alert system was up and running on Sunday the AmberAlerts.gov and all the websites that the Office of Justice maintain were taken offline.

IT workers for that department are furloughed and before leaving they placed federal websites behind a firewall so they wouldn’t be hacked.

The closure of the AmberAlerts.gov website immediately led to mass confusion as Fox News and other mainstream news outlets reported the systems closure.

On its website Fox News wrote,“The Amber alert system, the national missing-child warning program, has been shut off due to the government shutdown, according to the Department of Justice.”

Fox News then attempted to call out President Obama for allowing Union Workers to return to their jobs, while failing to protect children.
The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children is in charge of compiling the DOJ’s national Amber Alert information and that website is still up and running. It should be noted that there are no active Amber Alerts to report at this time.

The AmberAlerts.gov website was quickly restored after public outcry. Unfortunately the early report from Fox News led to Twitter users sharing incorrect information with followers while blaming President Obama for the GOP led shutdown of the political system.

It doesn’t help that even Glenn Beck was reporting the incorrect information as fact:

Just to reiterate, the Amber Alert S ystem has not been temporarily closed. Although I’ll admit it’s kind of fun to watch uneducated Twitter users once again attacking Obama over a made up fact from Fox News.

http://www.socialnewsdaily.com/17553/false-re...

What a bunch of bullshit. Leave it to the teabagging repukes and fauxbox to spread this lie. Shameful

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH

“Could've been a contender here”

Since: Apr 13

I couldn't find no fight, here

#127972 Oct 9, 2013
republiCONS wrote:
lQQkie, lQQkie at all the rhetoric and propaganda slung in this asylum by you ignorant repukes. Get a clue dumbasses.
Claim: The AMBER Alert system has been discontinued due to the federal government shutdown.
FALSE
Example:[Collected via Facebook, October 2013]
Just saw a post on Facebook that is accusing President Obama of discontinuing internet Amber Alerts. I didn't even know there was internet Amber Alerts. Any truth to this?
Just heard the Amber Alert system has been shut down but Michelle Obama's "Lets Move" site is still up. Is this true?
Origins: The AMBER Alert system for fostering widespread dissemination of bulletins about abducted children is coordinated on a nationwide basis by the Office of Justice Programs under the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ). In the first few days of the federal government shutdown in October 2013, the federal government's AMBER alert web site was replaced by a plain white screen and a message stating that "Due to the lapse in federal funding, this Office of Justice Programs (OJP) website is unavailable":
This circumstance led to rumors that the AMBER Alert system had been shut down, while less vital federal government programs were still active.
However, this was not the case.
The DOJ's AMBER Alert web site only provides background information and statistics about the AMBER Alert system; it doesn't create, disseminate, or list the alerts themselves. AMBER alerts are issued locally, and they are compiled and tracked on the web site of the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC), which is, and has been, available throughout the federal government shutdown:
"The Amber Alert system was never interrupted, but to eliminate any confusion, the informational site maintained by the Justice Department has been restored," Justice Department spokesman Brian Fallon [said].
The website for the Office of Justice Programs, which hosts Amber Alert information,[was] "shut down" due to funding issues, a senior Justice Department official [said].
The official [said] that the website is informational only, detailing the department's role in providing training to states on how to have an Amber Alert system, and that the alerts themselves were not affected. Amber Alerts are issued jurisdictionally, by county or state, the official said, adding that the Amber Alert system, which consists largely of press notifications, highways signs, and tweets, is functional and not affected by the shutdown.
"The Office of Justice Programs had the funds to run through Friday," October 4, after which it "furloughed all of employees. So since they couldn't staff and monitor those websites, they were put behind a firewall so as to keep from hacking or security issues," said Fallon.
If there isn't a Justice Department employee working to monitor the sites, Fallon said, "it's a cyber-security risk for sites to be posted but not maintained or supervised."
"We had to bring in a furloughed employee to re-open the site," Fallon said, adding that it's "unclear if we will have the funds to monitor" the site.
The decision was made, a senior Justice Department official said, because there was a "public safety worry because of incorrect reporting that the program itself was down," as opposed to just the federal website. NECMEC's web site now bears a notice stating that "The distribution of AMBER Alerts has not been affected by the recent government shutdown." As of 7 October 2013, the DOJ's AMBER Alert web is also back online.
Last updated: 7 October 2013
Read more at http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/missing/shutdow...
Ignorant CONS
RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
Did you hear Stewart 'prove' that it's Boehner's shutdown?
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#127973 Oct 9, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>Like I've posted a dozen times -- All you Repubs do is hope and pray each and everyday that the worst thing that could happen to America happens. Must be a sad life for you all. There is never good news from any of you. Always Doom and Gloom. What a life.
You are exactly right Injudgement. It is pretty sad. They are a true terrorist dream. The American Taliban

This bunch on here are prime candidates.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
Jay

Paris, TN

#127974 Oct 9, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>Like I've posted a dozen times -- All you Repubs do is hope and pray each and everyday that the worst thing that could happen to America happens. Must be a sad life for you all. There is never good news from any of you. Always Doom and Gloom. What a life.

That's because the worst thing that could happen IS happening.

It's not just a sad life for republicans, it's a sad life for everyone affected by these inept government decisions!

You don't sound like a young person. So you must remember how it use to be growing up in America? yes?

Show me the good news and I will stand next to you and we'll both cheer and wave the American Flag!!!
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#127975 Oct 9, 2013
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>Did you hear Stewart 'prove' that it's Boehner's shutdown?
Hi Calvin. I sure did. I haven't missed him since he came back. Bill Maher was giving them hell Friday. Gotta love the truth with a pinch of humor. Love it when they show the clips of the idiot fauxbox talking heads. When I have had my laughs for the night here, that is what I have been doing. Laughing at Jon and Steven before drifting off to dreamland.

Hope you have been having a great week at school so far.:)

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
Jay

Paris, TN

#127976 Oct 9, 2013
Injudgement wrote:

It's not just a sad life for republicans, it's a sad life for everyone affected by these inept government decisions!

You don't sound like a young person. So you must remember how it use to be growing up in America? yes?

Show me the good news and I will stand next to you and we'll both cheer and wave the American Flag!!!

#127977 Oct 9, 2013
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
we got the upper hand on the Black Plaque...
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#127978 Oct 9, 2013
Weekend Attacks on Arkansas’ Electric Grid Leave 10,000 Without Power; ‘YOU SHOULD HAVE EXPECTED U.S.’

More than 10,000 people in Arkansas were dumped into a blackout Sunday following an attack on that state’s electric grid, the FBI said today, the third such attack in recent weeks.

The FBI said that two power poles had been intentionally cut in Lonoke County on Sunday, resulting in the outage.

The FBI said it would pay a $25,000 reward for information about the attacks.

And for good reason. The FBI suspects these attacks are linked with a third incident in September.

According to the FBI:
In the early morning hours of September 29, 2013, officials with Entergy Arkansas reported a fire at its Keo substation located on Arkansas Highway 165 between Scott and England in Lonoke County.

Fortunately, there were no injuries and no reported power outages. Investigation has determined that the fire, which consumed the control house at the substation, was intentionally set. The person or persons responsible for this incident inscribed a message on a metal control panel outside the substation which reads,‘YOU SHOULD HAVE EXPECTED U.S.’

http://www.nationalterroralert.com/2013/10/08...

hmmmm foreign or domestic Taliban.....makes you wonder

Could be just a test, small things while everyone is concentrating on the assholes who shut our gov't down and is reeking havoc across the country.

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH

#127979 Oct 9, 2013
republiCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Calvin. I sure did. I haven't missed him since he came back. Bill Maher was giving them hell Friday. Gotta love the truth with a pinch of humor. Love it when they show the clips of the idiot fauxbox talking heads. When I have had my laughs for the night here, that is what I have been doing. Laughing at Jon and Steven before drifting off to dreamland.
Hope you have been having a great week at school so far.:)
RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
pretty good week, thanks, school and work at home is keeping me busy. I'm going to miss summer, but so far, nothing to complain about...weatherwise
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#127980 Oct 9, 2013
Kochs to Congress: Focus on spending, not Obamacare

In a move that highlights a growing rift in conservative ranks, Koch Industries -- the privately held energy conglomerate owned by billionaires Charles and David Koch -- today distanced the firm from allied political groups lobbying to keep the government shut down unless Obamacare is defunded.

A letter, signed by the company's chief lobbyist and sent to members of Congress, says that Koch Industries has taken no position on the shutdown dispute in Congress "nor have we lobbied on legislative provisions defending Obamacare."

Instead, Koch Industries wants Congress to focus on "balancing the budget" and "cutting government spending," among other goals, said Philip Ellender, Koch Industries president for government and public affairs.

The letter comes in the wake of media reports documenting how Freedom Partners -- a newly formed conservative trade association closely associated with the Koch brothers -- has helped finance many of the conservative and Tea Party groups that have been pressuring Republicans to link defunding Obamacare to the passage of a continuing resolution to fund the government and extend the debt ceiling.

It was also spurred by a floor speech by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid on Tuesday that blamed the Koch brothers for the government shutdown. The Kochs "have been raising and spending hundreds of millions of dollars to get us to where we are right now," Reid said.

Over the past year, Freedom Partners -- whose board members include three current and former Koch employees -- has doled out over $235 million, including grants to Heritage Action for America, Americans for Prosperity, Tea Party Patriots, State Tea Party Express and other groups that have been pushing to defund the Affordable Care Act.

But privately, Koch officials have expressed concern to lawmakers that the prospect of a government default over the Obamacare issue would be a "disaster" for the economy, according to one GOP consultant who recently discussed the matter with Koch officials and asked for anonymity. Koch Industries associates note that the firm is widely diversified, including last month's $7.2 billion purchase of a company that makes connectors for Apple iPhones and other consumer products -- one of many markets that could be effected by spikes in credit resulting from a government default.

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/...

Jump teabaggers jump, coch brothers want you to go to plan b.

"....has doled out over $235 million, including grants to Heritage Action for America, Americans for Prosperity, Tea Party Patriots, State Tea Party Express and other groups that have been pushing to defund the Affordable Care Act."

Can't buy an election and can't defund Obamacare. Too bad they aren't spending that money to build up America, not tear it down.

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH

#127981 Oct 9, 2013
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
"a sad life for republicans"
a Freudian slip?
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#127982 Oct 9, 2013
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>
pretty good week, thanks, school and work at home is keeping me busy. I'm going to miss summer, but so far, nothing to complain about...weatherwise
Good to hear Calvin. We figured you were busy with school and your chores. We sure miss you when you are not here. I love to see the chemtrail serb hag go postal stomping those keys. You can get her with one or two words. Hilarious.

It has been perfect weather for us as we let go of summer. I have certainly been enjoying it. Retirement is GOOD. lol

Have a great night Calvin

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
OZombies

United States

#127983 Oct 9, 2013
Obama didn't know about 'death benefits denied',
Obama didn't know about F&F,
Obama didn't know about Benghazi,
Obama didn't know about AP,
Obama didn't know about IRS targeting conservatives, etc. etc.
So, why liberals are protecting and defending a leader who doesn't know anything ...???????

#127984 Oct 9, 2013
OZombies wrote:
Obama didn't know about 'death benefits denied',
Obama didn't know about F&F,
Obama didn't know about Benghazi,
Obama didn't know about AP,
Obama didn't know about IRS targeting conservatives, etc. etc.
So, why liberals are protecting and defending a leader who doesn't know anything ...???????
cover-ups
impeachments
and chemtrails
Oh My!

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#127985 Oct 9, 2013
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Okay then. Let's start with this one.
The deficit is falling as rapidly as it has in decades. Consider the figures for this year alone: Last week the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) reported that, through the first 11 months of fiscal 2013, the budget deficit was down 35 percent from the comparable period of 2012. 50% less than in 2008.
OZombies

United States

#127986 Oct 9, 2013
Why Nuts Pelosi had nice welcome to Immigration
group, ILLEGAL aliens...the other day...
but
Nothing for the American veterans ...same day...??
...you liberals know nothing about PATRIOTISM and what this country is all about, liberals, you're disgrace ...and embarrassment to America...!!!!!!!

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#127987 Oct 9, 2013
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
You know if you actually look into the facts instead of all the Doom and Gloom propaganda you may learn why we Dems are happy people.
.'
Here's one to cheer about:
By the time of Obama’s second inaugural in January, the economy had added a net total of 1,208,000 jobs since he was first sworn in four years earlier, according to current figures from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. That beats George W. Bush’s eight-year total of 1,083,000.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#127989 Oct 9, 2013
Police arrest Pulaski Co. minister in Danville triple homicide

http://www.wdrb.com/story/23651022/minister-a...

Hallelujah <3
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#127990 Oct 9, 2013
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>
cover-ups
impeachments
and chemtrails
Oh My!
HAHAHAHA, my best laugh on topix. Too funny Calvin. lmao

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
Jay

Paris, TN

#127991 Oct 9, 2013
It’s finally happened: Someone has started a running list of all the unnecessary closures, barricades and service suspensions the Obama White House is perpetrating as part of the President’s deceitful, backwards campaign to convince America that the House of Representatives is holding hostage the political process – and 300 million citizens with it.

...a few lowlights:

… 3. Furloughed Military Chaplains Not Allowed to Work for Free – Furloughed military chaplains willing to celebrate Mass and baptisms for free have been told they will be punished for doing so.

… 10. Obama Tries to Close State-Run Parks in Wisconsin –“The park service ordered state officials to close the northern unit of the Kettle Moraine, Devil’s Lake, and Interstate state parks and the state-owned portion of the Horicon Marsh, but state authorities rebuffed the request because the lion’s share of the funding came from state, not federal coffers.”

… 5. Arizona Offers to Fund Grand Canyon, Obama Says ‘Drop Dead’–“Obama has ordered the Grand Canyon to stay closed, even after the state of Arizona and local businesses have offered to cover the costs necessary to keep it open. In other words, the shutdown isn’t about the money — it’s about hurting the American people just because he can.”

… 31. Although Privately Funded, Historic Ford’s Theater Closed –“Ford’s Theatre, which is a private non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, does not use any federal funding or federal employees for its performances. During previous government shutdowns, the theatre has continued performances.”

… 39. Iwo Jima Memorial Closed, Barricades Erected –“Another open-air memorial in the Washington area is closed and barricaded off: the Iwo Jima Memorial, just across the bridge from D.C. in Rosslyn, Virginia. A source sends along this picture of the barricade set-up at the memorial, which is also called the U.S. Marine Corps War Memorial.”

… 41. Shutdown Denies Death Benefits to Families of Fallen Soldiers –“The families of five U.S. service members who were killed over the weekend in Afghanistan have been notified that they won’t be receiving the $100,000 benefit normally wired to relatives within 36 hours of the death. The ‘death gratuity’ is intended to help cover funeral costs and help with immediate living expenses until survivor benefits typically begin.”

It cannot be overstated that Obama and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) are relying on Americans’ ignorance about the legislative process to lie about who’s responsible for the government shutdown, as well as the threat of defaulting on our debts if the House doesn’t agree to raise the debt limit.

That’s because the House, which reserves the exclusive Constitutional authority to initiate spending legislation, has repeatedly agreed to temporarily fund the government and raise the Federal debt limit, with the exception of the Affordable Care Act. It is the sole prerogative of the U.S. House of representatives to do that, and the President’s only recourse is to urge the Senate Democrat majority to reject that plan and vilify the House for holding government hostage.

With the *possible* exception of #1...the rest of the list:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington-Fayette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christy Haugen Pak 12 min justchecking123 34
Don't buy a car battery at Walmart they won't h... (May '10) 34 min jondoe 64
The real GORMLEY 35 min Vote 1
Anyone know Scott meeks? (Nov '11) 43 min yo moma 37
Black walnut stain removal (Nov '08) 59 min TwolovU 33
2004 bookstore (Nov '09) 1 hr Watchushoot 5,750
Nedal (Nick) (Manuel) Nasser - RAPE BY DECEPTIO... 1 hr VIOLATED 3

Lexington-Fayette Jobs

Lexington-Fayette People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE