'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Full Story
Nutz

Harrodsburg, KY

#126643 Oct 3, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
What does an up or down vote do for a bill you know cannot pass?(besides wasting time)
It's their JOB. Do you get paid for not doing your job?
Nutz

Harrodsburg, KY

#126644 Oct 3, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
They did have an up or down vote in the Senate on the CR and it passed. Its the house that refuses to bring it to the floor for a vote.
Gee you're right, that WAS simple :-P
The Senate changed the CR prior to the up and down vote.
The House passed 3 and the Senate changed 3.
Jay

Paris, TN

#126645 Oct 3, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
<quoted text>
So...in one post you say you wrote your senator and didn't get a reply, and made a snide remark about his work ethic. Then when I reminded you that you've claimed to be a millionaire, and alluded to being a person of some import, suddenly you were "joking", "for the most part" and he responded. Yeah. Okay. Just like the last time when you changed your story about hospitals closing all over the country and "the little waitress".
You have no idea what ACA is about, and no inclination to learn, otherwise you'd know that those young moms will receive subsidies to help them pay for their insurance. News flash, puddin' pop, deductibles are already through the roof and have been for years, because insurance execs don't want to give up their condos in Cabo. The hospitals that are cutting back are mostly the ones that serve poor and rural areas, because rather than seek preventative care,(which will be free under ACA, btw), or seek medical help when they should, folks wait until it's an emergency room visit, which triples the cost of treatment.
There are multiple sites that explain ACA and I'll bet you haven't visited one of them, because you'd rather b*tch and moan about a law you don't like implemented by a President you don't like. You could see for yourself what the premiums and deductibles are, but it's much easier to just add to the regressive hysteria instead of educating yourself and forming a rational opinion.
In one paragraph you fret over the young moms, and in the next you say you shouldn't have to help pay for their medical treatment. So which is it? Are you or are you not your brother's keeper, "Christian"?
I had to cut some of your post for mine to fit, and I'm actually kind of irked with myself for wasting ten minutes of my time on someone as ignorant and hypocritical as you are. Look in the mirror and you'll see another one.

Boy you are good at twisting people's words. I was joking about my senator being a little busy lately. Anybody with half a brain would understand why in my snide remark.

Is there really anybody home in your belfry? Where in the hell did I "allude to being a person of importance"? Whenever we write to our senator we first get an acknowledgment that our letter was received. That's his protocol. Then shortly after we receive a real letter about whatever it was we wrote to him about. Do you understand English at all? And why are you so concerned about my reference to being a millionaire. It's really none of your business how I made my money. Does everything have to be spelled out to you?

I never changed my story about hospitals closing. I even sent a link to the one in Ohio and quoted reference about others. Wake the hell up before you try to change people's stories!

I did not fret over young mom's the way you changed my words. I just happen to know a few in that situation. What I said was Obama should have helped those who need it, not screw with everyone else's in the country....opt in or stay out....it's called choice!

So glad you know about how long my own family was without insurance. A week eh? Kiss off Crow, you and your wild imagination know nothing about my life's choices or my family. And quite frankly, I don't owe you any explanation!

Further...

Stop mixing this post with the one re: the newsman who interviewed people on the street, way back when Obama was running a second time. It has nothing to do with what I was referring to. The idiots didn't even know Sarah Palin was a republican but had no problem with her being Obama's Vice. The bottom line was they didn't even know who was who except for Obama. That is the basis for his supporter's: stupid democrats like you!
Nutz

Harrodsburg, KY

#126646 Oct 3, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
We democrats don't shut down the goverment, cause millions of dollars a day losses at national parks, put people out of work, all by stomping their feet about a law that 80% of the country told them not to shut the goverment down.
Again..... They didn't do this for abortion. Why is money more important than babies lives??
No wonder republicans only have a 6% approval rating.
You're too stupid to get it.
It's not just Repubs that have a low rating for Congress, it includes the Dim controlled Senate also.

Again, Obama ignored the majority of Americans and rammed Obamacare through. If it's OK for Obama to avoid the majority, it's OK for the House to ignore the majority. Just playing Obama's game.

You are too stupid to understand that though.
Uncle Tab

United States

#126648 Oct 3, 2013
Nutz wrote:
<quoted text>No child was injured. The perp was killed by the police, sad, but they had no choice.

As a conservative, I value life, unlike you baby killing Libtards.
You keep ignoring my question about abortion, so obviously you're the ones ok killing babies, no me.

And the kid wasn't hurt, not because of the crazy unstable (most likely a republican gun nut) women, but because of the police killed her before she could kill the kid.

But feel free to spin this any way you'd like in you small republican mind.... Seems that's all republicans can do the last few days.
Uncle Tab

United States

#126649 Oct 3, 2013
Nutz wrote:
<quoted text>It's their JOB. Do you get paid for not doing your job?
Again..... It's just because you're stupid..... Republicans have done less the last two terms than any since 1940.

So yes, people DO get paid for doing nothing.

NEXT?

:-D

And go on and on and try to attach democrats to that all you like. Republicans have the majority, so they catch ALL the blame.
Uncle Tab

United States

#126650 Oct 3, 2013
Nutz wrote:
<quoted text>It's not just Repubs that have a low rating for Congress, it includes the Dim controlled Senate also.

Again, Obama ignored the majority of Americans and rammed Obamacare through. If it's OK for Obama to avoid the majority, it's OK for the House to ignore the majority. Just playing Obama's game.

You are too stupid to understand that though.
Ignore 80% of Americans told republicans to not shut the goverment down all the way til 2014 and 2016.

Can spin that.

“A proud Kentuckian ”

Since: Aug 13

At Your Mama's House

#126651 Oct 3, 2013
Nutz wrote:
<quoted text>
The Senate changed the CR prior to the up and down vote.
The House passed 3 and the Senate changed 3.
Wrong they didn't change it, they just striped the unrelated attachments.
They passed The original CR as written, it was the House insisting on attachments.
Nutz

Harrodsburg, KY

#126652 Oct 3, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong they didn't change it, they just striped the unrelated attachments.
They passed The original CR as written, it was the House insisting on attachments.
No, the House sent the first CR to the Senate. House controls the purse. Senate changed it.

It's getting really old explaining how this process works to you.

You can spin all day, not going to change the fact that the Senate changed it.
Nutz

Harrodsburg, KY

#126653 Oct 3, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignore 80% of Americans told republicans to not shut the goverment down all the way til 2014 and 2016.
Can spin that.
Again, if it's OK for Obama to ignore the majority of Americans, it's OK for the House to also.

56% of Americans told Obama they didn't want Obamacare.

“Could've been a contender here”

Since: Apr 13

I couldn't find no fight, here

#126654 Oct 3, 2013
Nutz wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the Dims wanted a shut down. They think it will give them a political advantage in 2014, which they need badly for the mid-terms.
Sad the way they play politics with the American people.
so, you're blind and stupid, Obamacare will help with the blind part...

#126656 Oct 3, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>Well said American Lady.
a 'well said' quote from Socrates?
you clueless idiot

#126657 Oct 3, 2013
American Lady wrote:
~BREAKING NEWS~
Deadly bus crash in Tennessee ...
Pray it doesn't touch you Jay
<3
deadly bus crash, and you're praying for as guy that wasn't in it
yea, Jay might have survived that one
Thank God

#126658 Oct 3, 2013
Nutz wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, if it's OK for Obama to ignore the majority of Americans, it's OK for the House to also.
56% of Americans told Obama they didn't want Obamacare.
how many don't want taxes?

“A proud Kentuckian ”

Since: Aug 13

At Your Mama's House

#126660 Oct 3, 2013
Nutz wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the House sent the first CR to the Senate. House controls the purse. Senate changed it.
It's getting really old explaining how this process works to you.
You can spin all day, not going to change the fact that the Senate changed it.
One more time.
The CR has nothing to do with the healthcare law. NOBODY changed the CR. The house tried to attach a bill so that IN ADDITION to passing the CR, you would also be delaying,(defunding, changing or whatever other ways to kill the law) Obamacare.
The Senate just passed the CR without all the extra junk, hence the reference to a "clean CR".
I am tired of explaining it to you. You either ignore facts or the issue is too complex for you. Either way I am done. Have a nice night.
OZombies

United States

#126663 Oct 3, 2013
Obama hypocrite in chief...talking about civility, but Democrats calling Republicans every name in the book.

Republicans want to fund everything but the Obamacare. Answer from Democrats-party of NO, you're going to fund everything or we are not going to let you fund anything ...just ask dirty
Harry Reid...who is responsible for government SHUTDOWN ...!! Why not giving chance to people to learn about Obamacare like Obama gave choice one year delay to about 2,500 big corporations...??

Dirty Harry Reid, "what right do they (Republicans) have right to pick & chose what to fund", but it's ok, law of the land-Obamacare to pick and chose who must take his health crap...Our politicians have 72% subsidy but not the American people.

We work for the rich, corrupted, arrogant, greedy, disgraceful, career politicians ...people are nothing but the bunch of suckers ...!!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#126665 Oct 3, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I went by an early news report, so shoot me (pun intended):-D
Sure ya did!
Spin it again ...

Cops have a "License to kill"

It's called a 'badge'...

Regardless of what a civilian does ...
MOST nowadays get SHOT

By C~O~W~A~R~D~S w/badges.

I "do not" feel safe out on the road anymore.
Especially after dark.

They don't use just one car, it's sometimes 3 different police cars "surrounding you" ...

Like you're a HARDENED criminal.
Just for a speeding ticket.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#126666 Oct 3, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT about THIS part dumchit!?!
SPIN it!
Newport Guy wrote:
The person doing the ---shooting--- was a woman! <<---<<<
~~~~~~~~~~
Cars do not SHOOT bullets do THEY?
Ahhhh.... maybe Kitt used to ;~)
Speaking of dumbshit. You never answered. You called me a dumbshit for talking about America being a democracy. Was President Ronald Reagan also a dumbshit?
R. Reagan: "Democracy is worth dying for, because it's the most deeply honorable form of government ever devised by man".
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#126667 Oct 3, 2013
Republicans racing for Obamacare

hahaha, Typical hypocrites...

GOP’s Biggest Obamacare Fear Realized: Republicans Are Signing Up

If anyone is wondering why the Right Wing Tea Party Republicans are in a frenzy, one need only see what is happening now that the reality of the Affordable Care Act is emerging. The lies they told are coming back to bite them.

They are attempting to discourage young American citizens from going to the exchanges by telling them Obamacare will either be too expensive or an intrusion from the government. Good things are happening however. Inasmuch as the Right Wing is being outright destructive with the nation’s economy in their attempt to derail Obamacare.

Empirical and factual data is proven to be a hindrance to their obstructionist tactics.
The State Health Bureaucracy in Texas is actually promoting Obamacare. That is a feat in its own right. On October 1st, the Obamacare health exchange servers were overwhelmed because of the inordinately large number of people accessing it.

Republicans racing for Obamacare

The coup de grace, however, is the stories that are now coming out of Republicans who are going onto the exchanges and realizing that they had been lied to. This was the case with Republican Butch Matthews, a 61-year-old former small business owner from Little Rock, Arkansas.

ThinkProgress reports that, Butch Matthews is a 61-year-old former small business owner from Little Rock, Arkansas who used to wake up every morning at 4 A.M. to deliver canned beverages to retailers before retiring in 2010. A lifelong Republican, he was heavily skeptical of the Affordable Care Act when it first passed.“I did not think that Obamacare was going to be a good plan, I did not think that it was going to help me at all,” he told ThinkProgress over the phone.

But after doing a little research, Matthews eventually realized how much the law could help him. And on Tuesday, his local Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) provider confirmed that he would be able to buy a far better plan than his current policy while saving at least $13,000 per year through Arkansas’ Obamacare marketplace.[Source]
It turns out that pre-Obamacare, Matthews was paying $1069.per month with a $10,000 deductible. Matthews’ doctor visits went from a co-pay of $150 to $8. Matthews has a simple message to all Americans. He says, I would tell them to learn more about it before they start talking bad about it,” he noted.“Be more informed, get more information, take your time and study and not just go by just what you hear on one side or the other. Actually check the facts on it.[Source]

This story is not unlike Clint Murphy’s story. Murphy is a 38 year old Republican operative. He worked for Republican US Senator Paul Coverdell in the 1990s, Republican Casey Cagle in 2006, John McCain in 2008, and Republican Karen Handel’s gubernatorial campaign in 2010. He has come to his senses and simply could not wait for the exchanges to open.

Neither of these guys has given up on their Conservative ideology. They are Republicans. The difference is unlike Right Wing Tea Party Republicans, they are honest and pragmatic. They are willing to let the truth lead. The Tea Party realizes that their credibility is coming to an end for most Americans.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/10/03/gop-o...

Loving it. Run little CONS run....go get your Obamacare. hahaha

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#126668 Oct 3, 2013
One of the loon's heroes, hahaha

Alex Jones Dresses As Lizard Alien In Psychotic Rant About Obamacare (VIDEO)

You may be fortunate enough to have never heard of David Icke, a conspiracy theorist who believes that that reptilian aliens from the constellation Draco came to Earth for thousands of years to eat gold, which gave them extreme intelligence and the ability to shapeshift. Their other food sources are fear, genocide, animal agriculture, and black magic.(Are you following this? Because if so, you may need some kind of medication.) At any rate, David Icke claims that these lizard-people comprise the global Illuminati and breed with Nordic people (who are also super-intelligent aliens) and that, together, they rule the world.

Most people concede that David Icke is batty, but millions of people—conservative libertarians in particular– follow his ally, Alex Jones… who recently reinforced that he’s just as crazy as his predecessor by dressing up in a lizard costume to represent the evils of Obamacare.

You can’t make this shit up.

In a three-minute long video, Alex Jones impersonates a leader the reptilian Illuminati—an implication that our lizard-alien masters are the ones behind Obamacare—as he describes the wickedness of the Affordable Care Act. He sounds progressively more and more insane as he details what he (speaking from the perspective of one of our reptilian overlords) wants from humanity.

Spouting some of the standard conspiracy theories, he tells us that fluoride and vaccines (which the undoubtedly lizard-operated CDC says are among the top 10 public health achievements of the 20th century) exist to brainwash people and to give them “the cancer virus” and syphilis.

“Obamacare” continues asking persistent questions about herpes, which I can only hope is a play on words because the Latin word herpein, meaning “to creep,” is used to refer to both a family of viruses and to reptiles—making it what would be the only intelligent joke in the video, if it were deliberate. At this point, Alex Jones declares that anyone who disagrees with Obamacare is racist… against lizards. As “Obamacare” inquires further about our lizard-leader’s herpes, Alex Jones begins demanding a Nobel prize and then screaming,“RACIST! RACIST! RACIST!” at the top of his lungs.

This video is likely to leave you feeling like you’ve just watched a David Lynch film while on acid. I don’t recommend it. But, if you need further evidence that Alex Jones has more than a few toys in the attic, and that his many conservative-libertarian followers are listening to dangerous and delusional advice, the video just might be worth a watch. We can only hope that Jones will seek help from a competent medical expert before he spouts any more beliefs about fetus-eating lizard people who love Obamacare.
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/10/03/alex-...

RepubliCON comes before REPUGNANT and after REPTILIAN (turtleman)....and the conspiracy nutjob lol

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington-Fayette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grimes Tour Bus Up For Sale Soon............... 2 min UrADumbass 9
halloween party with costume contest (Oct '11) 36 min what 2
Cameron and Hailey Turner 37 min Correctu 20
Diamonds busted by ABC men Saturday 40 min Ihatemeanpeople 16
How can I get rid of ladybugs in and around my ... (Mar '09) 41 min Bugzapper 74
Katie Nickell (Nov '11) 51 min Wow 32
Sullivan University for real? 1 hr ripperrap 9

Lexington-Fayette Jobs

Lexington-Fayette People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lexington-Fayette News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lexington-Fayette

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]