'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 239650 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

“A proud Kentuckian ”

Since: Aug 13

At Your Mama's House

#126501 Oct 2, 2013
Nutz wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction: 178 Republicans and 34 Dims voted NO
219 Dims voted Aye
Not a single Republican voted FOR Obamacare.
Your lame attempt to say they voted to pass the law is typical of the Left.
http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2010/roll165.xml
Sorry replied to the wrong post.

I stand corrected.
The important part is it passed, and the President wouldn't have been able to sign it into law if it hadn't :)
Nutz

Harrodsburg, KY

#126503 Oct 2, 2013
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why is the Gov't shut down, Einstein
Because the Dims wanted a shut down. They think it will give them a political advantage in 2014, which they need badly for the mid-terms.

Sad the way they play politics with the American people.
Uncle Tab

United States

#126509 Oct 2, 2013
It makes me laugh how truly stupid you republicans really are..... Red states are welfare states, you deny it, blame it on democrats, repubs have no jobs plans without outsourcing, you blame dems, you idiots are stupid about citizenship, tax breaks, Benghazi, trade deficits, debt, healthcare.....good God you people are just basically IGNORANT.

I've said it before, decades from now in history, republicans will be judged as very stupid and easily mislead.

You can change it, it's a fact. You ALL ignore these facts here but ignoring them doesn't change them.

Well

Warner Robins, GA

#126513 Oct 2, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>No Repub voted for Medicare or the minimum wage Law and 138 Repubs in the House for against the Civil Rights Act.
I would not have voted for a minimum wage law and Medicare either.
OZombies

Denver, CO

#126515 Oct 2, 2013
Obama and demRATS likes to keep government shutdown...don't want to compromise or give an inch in anything ...that way it's easy to blame everything on Republicans...why not, when they have brain dead Obama Zombies to support them.
Media is dead...they suppose to inform the people and not protect "their" king...Obama!

King Obama, Nancy Nut Pelosi and Dirty Harry Reid are keeping government shutdown not the
Republicans.

THIS IS OBAMA'S DIRTY POLITICS AND YOU KNOW IT...and PARTY OF NO...!!

This is Obama's plan, for Democrats to win in 2014
and everything will be in Democrat hands, Obama promised to fundamentally transform America. That way he has 2 years to finish this country ...!!

Democrats you are traitors ...you're destroying your own country ...!!

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#126517 Oct 2, 2013
Nutz wrote:
<quoted text>
It affects us all. You really should study this subject yourself and read the law. Quit parroting MSNBC talking points.
Actually I have studied the Law quite extensively and given reports to both a hospital and clinic of it's effects on them. I have studied the effects on individual practices also. Any questions you may have about it feel free to ask.
OZombies

Denver, CO

#126518 Oct 2, 2013
Harry Reid was proud today that Obama didn't want to negotiate ...!! Party of NO...responsible for government shutdown ...!!!!!!!
OZombies

Denver, CO

#126519 Oct 2, 2013
Democrats closing veterans memorial park, just to blame on Republicans. How low can you go demRATS...!! Backfired, veterans went in anyway !!
OZombies

Aurora, CO

#126521 Oct 2, 2013
Dirty Harry Reid was proud that Obama didn't negotiate with Republicans. Party of NO is definitely working very hard to take over in 2014 so Obama can finish this beautiful country. He promised to fundamentally transform America.

Media is "dead"...they suppose to inform people and not protect "their King" Obama...!!
OZombies

Denver, CO

#126522 Oct 2, 2013
Jimmy Kimmel sent his people on the streets to find out ...does Americans like better Obamacare or Affordable Care Act ...most of the people preferred Affordable Care Act...sad, uninformed...!!
Jay

Springville, TN

#126524 Oct 2, 2013
When Obama enrolls himself, his wife, Michelle and their two daughters in his illustrious, brilliantly concocted healthcare plan, and Nancy and Harry who think we just couldn't live without such a wondrous offer, enroll their families - would somebody on here post it and let us know?

I wrote my senator and asked him the same thing. So far I have not heard from him. Of course, I do understand how busy he is these days
...(snide)!
Jay

Springville, TN

#126525 Oct 2, 2013
It was Obama and Harry Reid who said, it's either my way or the highway, no further discussion, end of conversation, period!

Shutdown!!!
Jay

Springville, TN

#126526 Oct 2, 2013
OZombies wrote:
Jimmy Kimmel sent his people on the streets to find out ...does Americans like better Obamacare or Affordable Care Act ...most of the people preferred Affordable Care Act...sad, uninformed...!!
LOL.....yup, the public is so uniformed, aka, ignorant!

It' like the news guy who went out on the streets and randomly asked people of all ages what they thought of Obama picking Sarah Palin as his Vice. The majority had no problem with a woman as Vice Prez. Most all of them said it was ok with them. Only a few said they weren't sure.

That video might still be available. It just proves the point that most people don't pay attention to what's going on in the government. They heard "free healthcare" and that was good enough for them.

Pathetic losers!

“Heaven doesn't want me.”

Since: Jul 13

Hell's afraid I'll take over.

#126527 Oct 2, 2013
Jay wrote:
When Obama enrolls himself, his wife, Michelle and their two daughters in his illustrious, brilliantly concocted healthcare plan, and Nancy and Harry who think we just couldn't live without such a wondrous offer, enroll their families - would somebody on here post it and let us know?
I wrote my senator and asked him the same thing. So far I have not heard from him. Of course, I do understand how busy he is these days
...(snide)!
Golly, puddin' pop, you mean a mere senator wouldn't reply to a big important millionaire like you? Does he know "who you really are"?

You still don't get it, do you? The ACA is intended mainly for people who don't have good insurance through their employers. Federal employees, which include the President, staff and Congress, have access to good insurance. Folks who are self-employed, employed by small businesses, have been denied insurance because of pre-existing conditions, etc. are the ones who will benefit the most from ACA. I cannot fathom why you people don't want the most vulnerable segments of our population to have access to health insurance. It's like you've got yours, so to hell with everybody else. Sorry 'bout your luck. Everybody deserves access to health insurance. Everybody.
OZombies

Denver, CO

#126528 Oct 2, 2013
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.....yup, the public is so uniformed, aka, ignorant!
It' like the news guy who went out on the streets and randomly asked people of all ages what they thought of Obama picking Sarah Palin as his Vice. The majority had no problem with a woman as Vice Prez. Most all of them said it was ok with them. Only a few said they weren't sure.
That video might still be available. It just proves the point that most people don't pay attention to what's going on in the government. They heard "free healthcare" and that was good enough for them.
Pathetic losers!
Yes I remembered that one too Jay ...people are very much uninformed. Yes, so many think health care is free...Obama, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid are poison for America. This administration is bunch of thugs!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#126529 Oct 2, 2013
NSA chief admits testing US cellphone tracking

Congress is mulling changes to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act that some believe allows the NSA too much freedom in gathering U.S. data as part of spying on targets overseas.

Alexander told the committee that his agency once tested, in 2010 and 2011, whether it could track Americans' cellphone locations, but he says the NSA does not use that capability, leaving that to the FBI to build a criminal or foreign intelligence case against a suspect and track him.

"This may be something that is a future requirement for the country but it is not right now because when we identify a number, we give it to the FBI," Alexander said. "When they get their probable cause, they can get the locational data."

He said if the NSA thought it needed to track someone that way, it would go back to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court — the secret court that authorizes its spying missions — for approval. He added that his agency reported the tests to both House and Senate intelligence committees, and that the data was never used for intelligence analysis.

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2013/10/02/3...

I told you so.
OZombies

Denver, CO

#126530 Oct 2, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
<quoted text>
Golly, puddin' pop, you mean a mere senator wouldn't reply to a big important millionaire like you? Does he know "who you really are"?
You still don't get it, do you? The ACA is intended mainly for people who don't have good insurance through their employers. Federal employees, which include the President, staff and Congress, have access to good insurance. Folks who are self-employed, employed by small businesses, have been denied insurance because of pre-existing conditions, etc. are the ones who will benefit the most from ACA. I cannot fathom why you people don't want the most vulnerable segments of our population to have access to health insurance. It's like you've got yours, so to hell with everybody else. Sorry 'bout your luck. Everybody deserves access to health insurance. Everybody.
Golly, Crow ...I wrote to Obama administration 3x and got the answer all 3x. Also wrote to Department of Labor on "Fair pay for Illegal Aliens" and got the answer back. I have like 10 letters back from our government and 2 or 3 years ago calendar from The White House ...why are you surprised. Most of the times you will get the response back.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#126531 Oct 2, 2013
Protestors hold signs, and CodePink founder Medea Benjamin wears oversized sunglasses on Capitol Hill in Washington, Wednesday, Oct. 2, 2013, during a Senate Judiciary Committee oversight hearing on the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act with National Security Agency Director Gen. Keith Alexander and National Intelligence Director James Clapper.
EVAN VUCCI — AP Photo

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2013/10/02/3...
Jay

Springville, TN

#126532 Oct 2, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
<quoted text>

BACK TO CROW:

For the most part I was joking about my senator. He did acknowledge receipt and will respond as usual. So much for that part.

I pay for my medical and it *aint* cheap *tootsie pop*. I know all about the uninsured. My dau. was between jobs once and had no medical. I was lucky to find an agent who was an independent and got her a policy for six months. It was called something like between jobs, college bound kids, etc. It was renewable one more time. The problem was not the insurance, it was the deductible. Now, newly wed, here comes my son-in-law who shows me a policy from his company. Not bad BCBS, but $2500 deductible??? Seriously???? What young person, healthy, needs something like that? He'd have to pay all this up-front before his ins. kicked in. It was only good for major medical, IMO.

I don't mind the uninsured receiving medical help. Hospital's who post that they turn no one down are going broke. They are laying staff off and closing wings of the hospital to make ends meet. I once said, and caught hell for it, that Ron Paul during a discussion on health care said that 7 hospitals in Texas closed during the era he was delivering babies. These hospitals were close to the Mexican border and he delivered many babies whose parents left the hospital and never paid. So it can be assumed that a majority of those he was talking about were women from south of the border. I did not say ALL. Point being....can those working for min. wage afford even the cheapest of plans? What will the deductible be? That's a big what!!! Young mom's with babies are on WIC right now and children are covered in some states, but what about the mom who needs follow-up care, or has medical needs. She is working, her baby is in state funded day care, but what about her needs? DHS only covers them until they deliver. Will this Obamacare realize these issues and help this young mom? Does anybody really understand this ACA?

Your rude comment about, "You've got yours so the hell with everybody else", was in your own imagination! Remember, I pay big money for mine. Nobody gives it to me free. Just because I can afford it, doesn't mean I should have to pay for my family and someone else's because Obama thinks so. What he should have done was offer, instead of demand. Offer help to those who are desperate and need the care, and give the rest of us who may be ok with our plan a choice. Opt in or stay out. But no, he dragged the whole damn country into this thing so much so that now no one knows whether or not their employer will drop the whole thing - or whatever! And shove all of us into this abyss!?

Obama has created so much division in this country it's pathetic. All you have to do to prove that point is read this board and others like it. He's got people on divided sides at each other's throats, and therefore, comes the resentment and hatred of those *supposedly* running this country! I, for one, am sick of all of it!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#126533 Oct 2, 2013
ZIMMERMAN PERSECUTION SURVIVES SHUTDOWN
Exclusive: Jack Cashill notes budget impasse hasn't stopped Holder's investigation

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/10/zimmerman-persecut...

OPEN WWII MEMORIAL OR BE SUED, OBAMA TOLD
Attorneys say if shutdown continues, lawsuit will follow

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/10/open-wwii-memorial...

UNIVERSITY ACCUSED OF LETTING ABORTION FANS REGULATE SPEECH
Lawsuit against SUNY-Buffalo over mob's attack advances

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/10/university-accused...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington-Fayette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix moderators 5 min Longtime Listener 2
Haley Fite 10 min Stfu already 10
Hope Center for Men (Jun '11) 12 min vindictivemeanold... 11
Brannon crossing 13 min The crazy is gett... 11
News Red Cross opens shelters in Lexington, Nicholas... (Jan '09) 16 min vindictivemeanold... 4
kp 19 min Demon 5
Lets Not Forget The Holocaust!!! 22 min The Boss 39

Lexington-Fayette Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lexington-Fayette Mortgages