'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Full Story
General Robert E Lee

Johnson City, TN

#120228 Aug 31, 2013
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
General Le is correct:
http://scholar.google.com/schhp...
I was directed to it as a scholarly resource by a professor a few years back, yes it is credible.
The problem is most of these fools, have no clue what the term credible means!

TOFY not included.

Since: Dec 11

#120229 Aug 31, 2013
From within the "settings" in Google Scholar; one may select "search legal documents" if you have ever filed for an early release or parole from prison, That record will be there.

:b
General Robert E Lee

Johnson City, TN

#120230 Aug 31, 2013
From within the "settings" in Google Scholar; one may select "search legal documents" if you have ever filed for an early release or parole from prison, That record will be there.
Can you imagine how many are taping keys now! I did not know that one ARI!

“A proud Kentuckian ”

Since: Aug 13

At Your Mama's House

#120231 Aug 31, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is most of these fools, have no clue what the term credible means!
TOFY not included.
cred·i·ble adjective \&#712;kre-d&#601;-b &#601;l\

Definition of CREDIBLE

: offering reasonable grounds for being believed <a credible account of an accident> <credible witnesses>
: of sufficient capability to be militarily effective <a credible deterrent> <credible forces>
— cred·i·bly adverb
See credible defined for English-language learners »
See credible defined for kids »
Examples of CREDIBLE

We've received credible information about the group's location.
She does a credible job of playing the famous singer.
Origin of CREDIBLE

Middle English, from Latin credibilis, from credere
First Known Use: 14th century
Related to CREDIBLE

Synonyms
believable, creditable, likely, plausible, presumptive, probable

Antonyms
far-fetched, implausible, improbable, incredible, unbelievable, unlikely, unplausible

Related Words
cogent, compelling, conclusive, convincing, decisive, effective, forceful, persuasive, satisfying, strong, telling; acceptable, cogitable, conceivable, imaginable, possible, practical, reasonable; dependable, reliable, trustworthy; sophistic (or sophistical), specious

Near Antonyms
absurd, doubtful, dubious, fantastic (also fantastical), flimsy, outlandish, preposterous, questionable, ridiculous; impossible, inconceivable, unimaginable, unthinkable; skeptical, suspect, suspicious, uncertain, unsure; hopeless, unworkable, useless

Rhymes with CREDIBLE

edible, spreadable

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cre...

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

#120232 Aug 31, 2013
Not necessarily.
Even in this digital age not all records are digitized.

“"Who's happier than me?"”

Since: Oct 11

Brush mountain Ky

#120233 Aug 31, 2013
<quoted text>
Since I can reasonably believe that could have been directed at me TOFY, I will respond with the respect I’ve always given you. I do not have anything against decent black people, however it is my belief that inner-city black thugs, such as the ones who recently, killed an Australian jogger “for the fun of it”, the ones who beat an 88 year old man to death (My dad was 88 when he died), or the 12 disadvantaged black youths who gang raped 2 women in a Delaware park yesterday, should be put to death! And all like them, I make no apologies for that! The poor disadvantaged blacks, by a majority are making several thousand dollars a day selling crack, I’m not sorry I’m against that! Gay people don’t need to be marching on a public street, groping each other’s ass; heterosexuals feel no need to do so. I do not hate people because they are gay. I don’t think a women’s place is in the kitchen, my wife won’t allow me to! I don’t think religion should be shoved down people’s throat; I also will not be forced to be tolerant of Islam! I am not in favor of dissolving the United States Government, nor am I a neo-confederate, whatever that is! I despise the fool in the White House, under my right to have an opinion. Peace TOFY.
Sorry General that was not directed at you.
Just blowin' off some steam as I've been feelin' poorly lately!
Just came across that article thought I'd post it. Again nothing personal
I consider you a friend,always have despite political differences.
So again I do extend my deepest apology!
Your Friend
tofy

#120234 Aug 31, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
Im not sure how to respond.
Another what?
<quoted text>
OOOOH....okay then.
Hints from the hillbilly gourmet (sous chef?)
Take some "Spice Supreme" sazonador de limon y pimiento and place on the back of your hand, then take a big drin of your fav cold beer. It's freakin awesome!

(this is to establish a truth boundary) I gave you an example of my wisdom, you can test it,to see that it's true or false).
Now tell me you is this "yet another" alias?

#120235 Aug 31, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Not necessarily.
Even in this digital age not all records are digitized.
That is true, and did you know some legal systems still use typewriters and file cabinets! They cannot be hacked!

If anyone has access to the servers that S.E.A uses I would pay a generous fee for a few seconds of access time! I think they have had too much freedom lately!(music plays ~Let the hard drives hit the floor, let the hard drives hit the floor!~).

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

#120236 Aug 31, 2013
<quoted text>
OOOOH....okay then.
Hints from the hillbilly gourmet (sous chef?)
Take some "Spice Supreme" sazonador de limon y pimiento and place on the back of your hand, then take a big drin of your fav cold beer. It's freakin awesome!
(this is to establish a truth boundary) I gave you an example of my wisdom, you can test it,to see that it's true or false).
Now tell me you is this "yet another" alias?
I'm sorry. Maybe I am misunderstanding.
Are you saying you know me from another forum somewhere?
General Robert E Lee

Johnson City, TN

#120237 Aug 31, 2013
this ones for you wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry General that was not directed at you.
Just blowin' off some steam as I've been feelin' poorly lately!
Just came across that article thought I'd post it. Again nothing personal
I consider you a friend,always have despite political differences.
So again I do extend my deepest apology!
Your Friend
tofy
No apology is needed TOFY, you are the only Democrat (on here) that I respect enough to explain my point of view too. You don't project yourself in the way some do. We will remain friends as always. Smoke one for me, and I'll smoke one for me as well!:)
General Robert E Lee

Johnson City, TN

#120239 Aug 31, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
cred·i·ble adjective \&#712;kre-d&#601;-b &#601;l\
Definition of CREDIBLE
: offering reasonable grounds for being believed <a credible account of an accident> <credible witnesses>
: of sufficient capability to be militarily effective <a credible deterrent> <credible forces>
— cred·i·bly adverb
See credible defined for English-language learners »
See credible defined for kids »
Examples of CREDIBLE
We've received credible information about the group's location.
She does a credible job of playing the famous singer.
Origin of CREDIBLE
Middle English, from Latin credibilis, from credere
First Known Use: 14th century
Related to CREDIBLE
Synonyms
believable, creditable, likely, plausible, presumptive, probable
Antonyms
far-fetched, implausible, improbable, incredible, unbelievable, unlikely, unplausible
Related Words
cogent, compelling, conclusive, convincing, decisive, effective, forceful, persuasive, satisfying, strong, telling; acceptable, cogitable, conceivable, imaginable, possible, practical, reasonable; dependable, reliable, trustworthy; sophistic (or sophistical), specious
Near Antonyms
absurd, doubtful, dubious, fantastic (also fantastical), flimsy, outlandish, preposterous, questionable, ridiculous; impossible, inconceivable, unimaginable, unthinkable; skeptical, suspect, suspicious, uncertain, unsure; hopeless, unworkable, useless
Rhymes with CREDIBLE
edible, spreadable
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cre...
Well bygod that impressed me! However I said 'most', what made you think I was talking about you? I find it a bit funny that one would go to a website for Websters dictionary, I have one, its a book, just call me old fashioned!

#120241 Aug 31, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry. Maybe I am misunderstanding.
Are you saying you know me from another forum somewhere?
Let me say it this way:
You just outed yourself with that question.

Freudian slip much?

Does anyone else know what I'm saying?

...and whom I am saying it to?

I'll bet he General does! and AL, and Jay, and OZ!

#120242 Aug 31, 2013
<quoted text>
Well bygod that impressed me! However I said 'most', what made you think I was talking about you? I find it a bit funny that one would go to a website for Websters dictionary, I have one, its a book, just call me old fashioned!
A book? what's that?

EXCELLENT!

#120243 Aug 31, 2013
An absence may often be as telling as a direct admission of guilt; some psychology for the unwashed masses. A prison library won't teach you that.
General Robert E Lee

Johnson City, TN

#120244 Aug 31, 2013
People who can't respond with anything but stupidity, hide and judge everyone as clueless, nuts and spam!

Why am I thinking "Cornholeio"?
General Robert E Lee

Johnson City, TN

#120245 Aug 31, 2013
<quoted text>
Let me say it this way:
Freudian slip much?
It will likely take that mental health expert crow to explain Freudian slip ARI!

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

#120246 Aug 31, 2013
<quoted text>
I never indicated that I thought you were referring to me.
You indicated in your post a lack of understanding as to the meaning of the word "credible" by many here. I simply posted the definition as to educate those that may not know.
I too have a real life hard cover dictionary, as well as a thesaurus and many other reference books.
I am a bit confused as to why you find my linking to an online source "funny". It would be quite an accomplishment posting an online link to my real life reference material.
I guess I could scan the definition and post that. However, since a scan can be altered, the "credibility" of the scan could easily be challenged. Probably better just to link to a reputable online source, as I have done.

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

#120247 Aug 31, 2013
<quoted text>
Let me say it this way:
Freudian slip much?
uhmmmm....ok Im lost.
Jong

Shelbyville, IN

#120248 Aug 31, 2013
Timmy th
General Robert E Lee

Johnson City, TN

#120249 Aug 31, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I never indicated that I thought you were referring to me.
You indicated in your post a lack of understanding as to the meaning of the word "credible" by many here. I simply posted the definition as to educate those that may not know.
I too have a real life hard cover dictionary, as well as a thesaurus and many other reference books.
I am a bit confused as to why you find my linking to an online source "funny". It would be quite an accomplishment posting an online link to my real life reference material.
I guess I could scan the definition and post that. However, since a scan can be altered, the "credibility" of the scan could easily be challenged. Probably better just to link to a reputable online source, as I have done.
I could likely find a word definition as fast with my book as your link. I find it funny because of people in general today, feel everything must have a link. I make a valid attempt to teach young people in a 2 year college, who order and pay for an online book to read on their laptops and tablets. I don't get it. What happens when the grid goes down?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington-Fayette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any transsexuals in Lexington (Jun '09) 7 min Kevin i 62
How to transfer music from iphone to computer (Oct '13) 1 hr helenfox 8
Chris Thompson what's he like? 2 hr Question 2
Trying to find a place to rent HELP! 2 hr addi tion spc 3
The Botany Bay 2 hr Headshopftw 1
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 2 hr bloodyknuckles 5,031
stupid man 3 hr Jenna 2
•••
•••
Lexington-Fayette Dating