teacher leaves bruise on child

Posted in the Lexington-Fayette Forum

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
angry mom

Richmond, KY

#1 Sep 20, 2012
My son came home from school yesterday telling me his arm hurt and that his teacher had grabbed him.Today he came home and showed me the bruise which is slightly smaller than a golf ball.
My son says they were standing in line to dismiss from school and my son tripped and bumped the kid in front of him. The teacher thought my son pushed the child and she went over grabbed my son by the arm, squeezed the crap out of him and pulled him out of line and said he was going to get a tally for his behavior. My son came home told me his arm hurt but I brushed it off thinking he was over exaggerating. When he came home today he showed me the bruise and I became very pissed. This teacher has been picking at my child since school started and I think this was crossing the line but I would like to hear an outsiders opinion on the situation.
I went to the school principal this afternoon when my son came home and showed me the bruise. The principal said he would talk to the teacher tomorrow, but I think she needs to be fired. I don't think she should be near any child. What should I do? Do I wait to see what happens or go to a higher power?
Friend

Georgetown, KY

#2 Sep 20, 2012
Take a picture of the injury and call social services!!
jon

Jeffersonville, IN

#3 Sep 20, 2012
angry mom wrote:
My son came home from school yesterday telling me his arm hurt and that his teacher had grabbed him.Today he came home and showed me the bruise which is slightly smaller than a golf ball.
My son says they were standing in line to dismiss from school and my son tripped and bumped the kid in front of him. The teacher thought my son pushed the child and she went over grabbed my son by the arm, squeezed the crap out of him and pulled him out of line and said he was going to get a tally for his behavior. My son came home told me his arm hurt but I brushed it off thinking he was over exaggerating. When he came home today he showed me the bruise and I became very pissed. This teacher has been picking at my child since school started and I think this was crossing the line but I would like to hear an outsiders opinion on the situation.
I went to the school principal this afternoon when my son came home and showed me the bruise. The principal said he would talk to the teacher tomorrow, but I think she needs to be fired. I don't think she should be near any child. What should I do? Do I wait to see what happens or go to a higher power?
Oh stupid. Shut up. She shouldn't be fired over that! It was an accident. Maybe she could be talked to but firing is a little ridiculous! They are there to keep the little brats in line.
angry mom

Richmond, KY

#4 Sep 20, 2012
jon wrote:
<quoted text>Oh stupid. Shut up. She shouldn't be fired over that! It was an accident. Maybe she could be talked to but firing is a little ridiculous! They are there to keep the little brats in line.
my son is not a little brat and how is it an accident to grab and squeeze a child with force enough to leave a good sized bruise on him and pull him out of line. She could have tapped his should and told him to come with her, she could have grabbed his hand and taken him out of line,she could have just not touched him at all. I don't leave bruises on my child so are you telling me it's alright for other people to?
jon

Jeffersonville, IN

#5 Sep 20, 2012
angry mom wrote:
<quoted text>my son is not a little brat and how is it an accident to grab and squeeze a child with force enough to leave a good sized bruise on him and pull him out of line. She could have tapped his should and told him to come with her, she could have grabbed his hand and taken him out of line,she could have just not touched him at all. I don't leave bruises on my child so are you telling me it's alright for other people to?
No. Maybe she didn't know she was squeezing that hard. Her being a teacher, I'm sure she didn't intend to hurt him. Like I said, it was just an accident that it was a little too hard
youre overreacting

Bowling Green, KY

#6 Sep 20, 2012
angry mom wrote:
<quoted text>
my son is not a little brat and how is it an accident to grab and squeeze a child with force enough to leave a good sized bruise on him and pull him out of line. She could have tapped his should and told him to come with her, she could have grabbed his hand and taken him out of line,she could have just not touched him at all. I don't leave bruises on my child so are you telling me it's alright for other people to?
Your kid probably has a Vitamin K deficiency.
Sandy

Georgetown, KY

#7 Sep 20, 2012
Are you sure that's what happened? The bruise could have happened anywhere and your son thought it happened there. She may have touched him in the same spot.
angry mom

Richmond, KY

#8 Sep 20, 2012
Sandy wrote:
Are you sure that's what happened? The bruise could have happened anywhere and your son thought it happened there. She may have touched him in the same spot.
no I am sure it was her that caused it because it wasn't there yesterday morning when he was getting ready for school and he showed me his arm where it hurt that day but there was no mark. It developed overnight and I could see it when he came home today. The principal told me my son told him yesterday his arm hurt, but at that point he was unaware of what his teacher had done.
Sure

Georgetown, KY

#9 Sep 20, 2012
Your child has never hit anything accidentally and got a bruise? Your child ever told you a lie? Your child hate his teacher? Let me guess he never does anything wrong.
well

Georgetown, KY

#10 Sep 20, 2012
Cameras are in schools look and see what happened in the hallway.
El Toro

Louisville, KY

#11 Sep 20, 2012
angry mom wrote:
<quoted text>no I am sure it was her that caused it because it wasn't there yesterday morning when he was getting ready for school and he showed me his arm where it hurt that day but there was no mark. It developed overnight and I could see it when he came home today. The principal told me my son told him yesterday his arm hurt, but at that point he was unaware of what his teacher had done.
Report this to the board of education immediately!
youre overreacting

Bowling Green, KY

#12 Sep 20, 2012
If he has a black eye or bloody nose you'll have a case. That's what's wrong with schools now, teachers have zero authority. Parents like you don't help.
Sara

United States

#13 Sep 20, 2012
Your sure your son is being truthful about this? He didn't his get hurt playing and blame it on the teacher? This could cost someone their career. Kids tend to make up stuff and lie.
El Toro

Louisville, KY

#14 Sep 20, 2012
Sara wrote:
Your sure your son is being truthful about this? He didn't his get hurt playing and blame it on the teacher? This could cost someone their career. Kids tend to make up stuff and lie.
People loose careers everyday. Hurting children is a good reason to loose a job!!
Mrs Jones

Bowling Green, KY

#15 Sep 20, 2012
El Toro wrote:
<quoted text>
People loose careers everyday. Hurting children is a good reason to loose a job!!
lose

Stay in school, bull.
angry mom

Richmond, KY

#16 Sep 20, 2012
Ok, now I have heard your opinions so now let me tell u the full story. Story is the same except she left 3 bruises on both arms. The big bruise was from her grabbing him out of line and telling him he was getting a tally. Then she grabbed him by the other arm and left 2 bruises from pinching him so hard while she was pulling him to the front of the line. I have photos and so does the principal and I will be with the police at the superintendents office at 8 am sharp. At that time I will be filing a police report and this sorry excuse for a teacher better kiss her job goodbye.
hola

Jeffersonville, IN

#17 Sep 20, 2012
angry mom wrote:
Ok, now I have heard your opinions so now let me tell u the full story. Story is the same except she left 3 bruises on both arms. The big bruise was from her grabbing him out of line and telling him he was getting a tally. Then she grabbed him by the other arm and left 2 bruises from pinching him so hard while she was pulling him to the front of the line. I have photos and so does the principal and I will be with the police at the superintendents office at 8 am sharp. At that time I will be filing a police report and this sorry excuse for a teacher better kiss her job goodbye.
Wow. U deserve to die for being that way. Ur ridiculous for even getting police invloved. its not like he was raped. Geez. Pictures don't prove where he got the bruises. If I was that teacher and u tried to have me fired over something small and stupid like this, u better believe u would have something coming to ya. Ur kid gets bruises playing all the time I'm sure. It's just another bruise. Big deal
no label

Louisville, KY

#18 Sep 20, 2012
Mrs Jones wrote:
<quoted text>lose

Stay in school, bull.
Did you learn how to type on Iphone without making typos in school? I didn't. You are probably using a bis ass desktop computer with a big keyboard, running spell check on everything you type. Go to hell!
Wow

Georgetown, KY

#19 Sep 20, 2012
They will try to cover it up...get ready for that!!
agree

Jasper, IN

#20 Sep 20, 2012
angry mom wrote:
I don't blame you! If this were my son, I would take the same steps you are. Don't listen to the people on here, most prob don't even have children or work for FCPS. Please follow your heart! You know your child better than anyone and your #1 job is to protect him!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington-Fayette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kaitlyn mullins 7 min dirty trucker 5
kmart 10 min stock holder 6
Dump Trump 10 min The donald 169
Doug comley 27 min Poppa lot 5
Adolf H!tler : The Greatest Story Never Told 33 min Dogwood 9
Metro Sexual Males in Monticello 39 min Grinding goose 2
needing a stove and refrigerator for free or cheap (Jul '14) 40 min Grinding goose 23
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lexington-Fayette Mortgages