Why do young women like older men?

Posted in the Lexington-Fayette Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Sep 13

United States

#1 Sep 25, 2013
By this question I mean...MUCH older men...like more than 10 or 15 years older. It seems to be very common so maybe I'm the only person who doesn't know the answer to this.
WTF

Shepherdsville, KY

#2 Sep 25, 2013
Money!
yep

Louisville, KY

#3 Sep 25, 2013
Because they know how to please and aren't selfish like little boys who only wanna get off
Well

Frankfort, KY

#4 Sep 25, 2013
I just got through with a man that was much older than me and he was the biggest jerk ever. He was about 15 years older. He started out really nice, but then turned into this complete asshole. I was not after his money, but I believe the people around him told him that I was. Then he started to think it for himself. The problem was that he didn't know that I was actually very financial secure. He was more inmature then most men my own age, and he didn't know how to treat a lady that is for sure. All he knew how to do was make a girl cry by being mean all the time. He told me that he liked me then told his friends he didn't like me. He was the strangest guy ever.
HMM

Frankfort, KY

#5 Sep 25, 2013
You can't really help who you fall in love with. Most people look at the inside of a person. That is what I fall in love with the heart. Then age really doesn't matter to me. Why do people always think that women are after men for their money?

Dayton, OH

#6 Sep 25, 2013
Well wrote:
I just got through with a man that was much older than me and he was the biggest jerk ever. He was about 15 years older. He started out really nice, but then turned into this complete asshole. I was not after his money, but I believe the people around him told him that I was. Then he started to think it for himself. The problem was that he didn't know that I was actually very financial secure. He was more inmature then most men my own age, and he didn't know how to treat a lady that is for sure. All he knew how to do was make a girl cry by being mean all the time. He told me that he liked me then told his friends he didn't like me. He was the strangest guy ever
But what attracted you to him initially versus someone closer to your age?
Knows

Louisville, KY

#7 Sep 25, 2013
I dated a much older guy as well and he ended up being a jerk as well! I thought he would be more mature so I took him up on dinner! He was nice at first the turned out to be a jerk
Because

Versailles, KY

#8 Sep 25, 2013
They are more mature, they've had their fun (strip clubs, frat parties....) and are ready to settle down. They usually are financially stable, which means they aren't stressed out and grouchy due to worrying about money. They have more experience with women and know what it takes to make us happy. They know things like foot rubs massages, and genuine compliments are much more likely to lead to commitment and regular sex than the things younger guys use. They don't worry about friends saying they're "whipped" for going to chick flicks or shopping at the mall, because they don't have anything to prove. They do enjoy showing girls off though, and that's a good feeling to know your man is proud of you.
I'd take an older man over some young punk any day!
here

Louisville, KY

#9 Sep 25, 2013
Because wrote:
They are more mature, they've had their fun (strip clubs, frat parties....) and are ready to settle down. They usually are financially stable, which means they aren't stressed out and grouchy due to worrying about money. They have more experience with women and know what it takes to make us happy. They know things like foot rubs massages, and genuine compliments are much more likely to lead to commitment and regular sex than the things younger guys use. They don't worry about friends saying they're "whipped" for going to chick flicks or shopping at the mall, because they don't have anything to prove. They do enjoy showing girls off though, and that's a good feeling to know your man is proud of you.
I'd love to take you out. How old are you?
Whatever

Franklin, IN

#10 Sep 25, 2013
here wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd love to take you out. How old are you?
U are stupid!!

Dayton, OH

#11 Sep 25, 2013
Because wrote:

Now THAT'S the kind of insight I was asking for! Thanks for such an awesome response. Mostly, what I've been able to get when I ask "Why me versus the 20-something sitting over there?" Is..."Because you're (nice/sexy/respectful...etc.) ". Ya know...the standard BS responses.
mee

Nicholasville, KY

#12 Sep 26, 2013
beacuse there sweeter more experinced are independet respectful ect
Da man

Lewis Center, OH

#13 Sep 26, 2013
It's simple...women mature faster than men, just a fact. A younger lady & an older man are much closer to being on the same maturity level than the opposite. That's why an older woman & younger guy rarely works, the women are so far beyond them in maturity & experience that the younger guy looks like, well, a kid.

Some women are just what's called "an old soul", they just prefer & are more comfortable with someone with experience, makes them feel safer & more secure.
Iheard

Lexington, KY

#14 Sep 26, 2013
I heard it was because todays younger generation of men have smaller packages than the older generations. Not sure if it is true or not, but with all the chemicals we have been exposed to for the last decade or so, it could possible.
molly

United States

#15 Sep 26, 2013
Size has nothing to do with it. We want to be treated good. That's all.
Because

Versailles, KY

#16 Sep 26, 2013
Molly is right. It comes down to being treated good.
I wish I could go out with you. I'm married though, to a guy my age. If we didn't have children both of us would've agreed on calling it quits a long time ago.

United States

#17 Sep 26, 2013
molly wrote:
Size has nothing to do with it. We want to be treated good. That's all.
So has it been your experience that much older men treat you better?

United States

#18 Sep 26, 2013
Because wrote:
Molly is right. It comes down to being treated good.
I wish I could go out with you. I'm married though, to a guy my age. If we didn't have children both of us would've agreed on calling it quits a long time ago.
Thanks BECAUSE. How old are you and your husband?
HMM

Frankfort, KY

#19 Sep 26, 2013
medicmandan wrote:
<quoted text>
So has it been your experience that much older men treat you better?
My experience is that the one older man that I was interested in treated me really nice. But then all the sudden he started treating me bad. Older men are moody and set in their ways. I personally fell in love with this guy, but he was so worried about his money and this and that. He could never just enjoy the moment which was great. We were great together. They are financial stable, but then they get all worried about someone taking their money. They can't seem to enjoy their life so my experience with older men is that they are not as secure as you would think. Their minds are brillant, but they are way too much trouble for me. I felt like he was mean to me. Now I see why his wife left him. Not all woman are after men for money. I wanted to just enjoy this man for his company.

Dayton, OH

#20 Sep 27, 2013
HMM wrote:
<quoted text>My experience is that the one older man that I was interested in treated me really nice. But then all the sudden he started treating me bad. Older men are moody and set in their ways. I personally fell in love with this guy, but he was so worried about his money and this and that. He could never just enjoy the moment which was great. We were great together. They are financial stable, but then they get all worried about someone taking their money. They can't seem to enjoy their life so my experience with older men is that they are not as secure as you would think. Their minds are brillant, but they are way too much trouble for me. I felt like he was mean to me. Now I see why his wife left him. Not all woman are after men for money. I wanted to just enjoy this man for his company.
To say financially stable, brilliant mind and initially nice describes men of all ages. Did his age difference attract you? And, if so, what is it about THAT attraction that matters to you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington-Fayette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denture implants (Mar '11) 4 min tinydangers 16
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 9 min Bible Scholar 148,859
Curtis Jarrell (Mar '11) 10 min Brandi 8
Trump for President 14 min Well 27
Help with different ways to get hired by Toyota 14 min hmm 7
If TMMK votes UAW. What would you bargain for? 20 min TMMI team member 56
me 22 min HuMoUr 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lexington-Fayette Mortgages