Bring Phil Robertson back to Duck Dyn...

Bring Phil Robertson back to Duck Dynasty

Posted in the Lexington-Fayette Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Panhandler

Somerset, KY

#1 Dec 19, 2013
Big surprise he doesn't like gays. Big deal . Most people don't care about them either
Wings

United States

#4 Dec 19, 2013
He never said he doesn't like gays. He said he believed it was a sin. I agree. IMO

“"No Sleep, 'til Brooklyn!"”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#6 Dec 20, 2013
Your Bible says "thou shalt not judge". Why are you all defending his sin but not the sin of being a homosexual?
walt

Pine Knot, KY

#7 Dec 20, 2013
Lisa Marie Merrell wrote:
Your Bible says "thou shalt not judge". Why are you all defending his sin but not the sin of being a homosexual?
How does defining your beliefs become a sin?

FYI, the Bible says "judge not, lest ye be judged", you wrote it as if it were a commandment.

The Bible says to judge righteously, it's the only way you can "shun" evil, you have to judge it as so.
wonder u

Brodhead, KY

#8 Dec 20, 2013
Another misinformed idiot mouthing off ..Please read the whole exert before you start saying he was judging anyone. I think you will find that he did not judge but quoted from the Bible! Nothing wrong with having religious believes, and "loving all of humanity" ..oh, that's a quote from Phil Robertson also!
NathanRJessup

Somerset, KY

#9 Dec 20, 2013
wonder u wrote:
Another misinformed idiot mouthing off ..Please read the whole exert before you start saying he was judging anyone. I think you will find that he did not judge but quoted from the Bible! Nothing wrong with having religious believes, and "loving all of humanity" ..oh, that's a quote from Phil Robertson also!
You're the idiot mouthing off. You're obviously not capable of understanding Lisa's comment. Very understandable though, since your heroes are actors intentionally looking and acting like stupid rednecks. The show is barely advanced beyond the slapstick three stooges ridiculousness.
wonder u

Brodhead, KY

#10 Dec 20, 2013
NathanRJessup wrote:
<quoted text> You're the idiot mouthing off. You're obviously not capable of understanding Lisa's comment. Very understandable though, since your heroes are actors intentionally looking and acting like stupid rednecks. The show is barely advanced beyond the slapstick three stooges ridiculousness.
Now whose judging???????? LOL Have a nice day:-)

Location hidden

#11 Dec 20, 2013
wonder u wrote:
He was essentially saying that homosexuality leads to bestiality etc. at it's base level, that is comparing the one to the other, thus, he was judging, coming to the conclusion, that one was a bad as the other. Right? I did read the exert. And might I remind you that I didn't automatically start calling people names, which I seem to have had directed at me several time this far.

Look, the guy can have his own opinions, his own religion, whatever. Just don't be a jerk about it. He knew very well what his comments would provoke, and he did it anyway. His comments directly lead to thousands of people bad mouthing each other, etc.

Location hidden

#12 Dec 20, 2013
NathanRJessup wrote:
<quoted text>You're the idiot mouthing off. You're obviously not capable of understanding Lisa's comment. Very understandable though, since your heroes are actors intentionally looking and acting like stupid rednecks. The show is barely advanced beyond the slapstick three stooges ridiculousness.
And thank you Nathan. I appreciate the support.

Location hidden

#13 Dec 20, 2013
walt wrote:
<quoted text>How does defining your beliefs become a sin?

FYI, the Bible says "judge not, lest ye be judged", you wrote it as if it were a commandment.

The Bible says to judge righteously, it's the only way you can "shun" evil, you have to judge it as so.
And thank you, I really was asking a question. I'm not really very informed on the bible and it's literature.

Location hidden

#14 Dec 20, 2013
walt wrote:
<quoted text>How does defining your beliefs become a sin?

Oh yes. So, "judge not, lest ye be judged" is saying you shouldn't hypocritically judge someone, right?

I've heard the argument made, that all sin is equal, and that everyone is a sinner. If that's the case, isn't all judgement against another hypocritical?

I can clearly see the holes in those arguments, which is why all of this confuses me. And this ties into my original question. He is a sinner, who was judging other sinners?
walt

Pine Knot, KY

#18 Dec 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Oh yes. So, "judge not, lest ye be judged" is saying you shouldn't hypocritically judge someone, right?
I've heard the argument made, that all sin is equal, and that everyone is a sinner. If that's the case, isn't all judgement against another hypocritical?
I can clearly see the holes in those arguments, which is why all of this confuses me. And this ties into my original question. He is a sinner, who was judging other sinners?
You've heard wrong, all sins are not equal.

He was speaking of his beliefs, he didn't condemn anyone, God's law did.

Location hidden

#19 Dec 21, 2013
walt wrote:
<quoted text>You've heard wrong, all sins are not equal.

Does God's law compare homosexuality and bestiality as being the same or close in nature? I know he didn't condemn anyone, he was just speaking in poor taste at times.

He also went on to say that black people were happy under the Jim Crow laws, and some other strange comments regarding that.

There were also the comments comparing an anus to a vagina.
:-/

He may be a good person, and I don't begrudge him his personal beliefs. The whole thing is just odd.
Redneck Pride

United States

#20 Dec 21, 2013
NathanRJessup wrote:
<quoted text> You're the idiot mouthing off. You're obviously not capable of understanding Lisa's comment. Very understandable though, since your heroes are actors intentionally looking and acting like stupid rednecks. The show is barely advanced beyond the slapstick three stooges ridiculousness.
My good friend lives in Monroe and knows the Robertsons as neighbors.. They are as real as the nose on your lying accusing face. They practice exactly what they preach and you are an insult to the goodness of those people!! Don't any of you believe what this jerk has to say. It's a lie. The Robertsons and Duck Commander were real before the show and will be if it is taken off. I have pictures of my friends at their home in Louisiana. I have a standing invitation to visit anytime I can. I love the three stooges too! Redneck pride!
Wings

United States

#21 Dec 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Does God's law compare homosexuality and bestiality as being the same or close in nature? I know he didn't condemn anyone, he was just speaking in poor taste at times.
He also went on to say that black people were happy under the Jim Crow laws, and some other strange comments regarding that.
There were also the comments comparing an anus to a vagina.
:-/
He may be a good person, and I don't begrudge him his personal beliefs. The whole thing is just odd.
No Lisa the Bible does not compare the two. They are simply listed among many sins. Phil didn't compare the two either. God said for man not to lie down with man AND also not for anyone to lie down with a beast. If you heard him correctly he said it was more logical in his opinion for a man to be attracted to a woman's vagina than a man's anus. Makes perfectly good sense to me also.. People have misconstrued everything he said to make him look bad. Facebook poster jokes have torn him to bits with things he never either said or meant it in the way they are making it out to be. I myself think if a woman is "sleeping " with a German shepherd dog for sexual purposes she is as low down as a human can go. No media, no Bible or anyone has to tell me that is just wrong!! With men and women, God made the plumbing correctly for the right purpose (to bear children) and the most pleasure.in getting one made!!
walt

Stearns, KY

#22 Dec 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Does God's law compare homosexuality and bestiality as being the same or close in nature?
I guess both are considered sexual perversion (unnatural affection) and according to the Old Testament, both instances would result in death, even for the animal involved in beastiality.
<quoted text>
This sounds like Phil's opinion to me and my opinion is that he shouldn't have said it and the producers shouldn't have made it public.

As for being happy, even during times of slavery, many blacks managed to find happiness even if it was only in their families. To me that is a testament of the strength of the black race to make the best of the situation. Their people sold them into slavery and coming to America may just have been the best thing for them at the time.

My opinion is that the decendants of slaves should be very greatful that their ancestors were brought to America and not killed off in tribal genocide in Africa. I have a lot of opinions and I guess Phil does too.

“Smokin”

Since: May 12

Strawberry Fields of Dreams

#23 Dec 21, 2013
Usually the purpose of an interview is to find out about the persons thoughts, ideas, and beliefs. What did they expect to get from Phil?

If everyone thought alike, there would be no need to interview anyone.
Wings

United States

#24 Dec 21, 2013
<quoted text>
It says not to judge someone else and ignore the mote in your own eye. In other words if you are guilty of sin don't judge others for their sin. It goes on to say by the same measure that you judge others you will be judged (by God) by the same measure. Phil could not possibly answer the questions he was asked without repeating what the Bible has to say about it. Saying he is out to spread the Gospel of Christ, not to hurt anyone. God already said homosexuality is a sin. Should Phil have backed down and said "Oh no it's ok to be gay"? This is the Christian belief because we believe it is God's Word, not our own. If two men get married why can't they have children? I think you know . lol! Because it was never meant to be that way. It is unnatural and perverts the natural use of a man and a woman. When the Bible says we are all sinners, it means we were all born into sin. That is the reason people need to be saved. Jesus went to the cross and died in our place to redeem our souls . Then when we accept Christ as our Savior we are no longer guilty of the sin of unbelief. The biggie that causes people to go to hell. The unpardonable sin I believe. We need to ask forgiveness for the sins we commit daily, but our souls are saved eternally. God WILL chastise his disobedient children,,(whip our butts) but nonetheless we are His.. Does that make it any clearer to you?
Wings

United States

#25 Dec 21, 2013
walt wrote:
<quoted text>
You've heard wrong, all sins are not equal.
Other than the sin of unbelief how do you rate bad sin and not so bad sin? I would like to hear your explanation. The flesh is carnal and it will sin. The Bible says Jesus was bruised for our iniquities,(sins of the flesh). As I told a friend, stealing a candy bar is not the thing that will send you to hell. It is unbelief. The Bible says "Though your sins be as scarlet they shall be as wool". So which sin is worse? Lying? Stealing?, Murder? Rape? Exactly what were you saying to Lisa Marie? How about the man who never does any of the above yet he hates his brother just because he is jealous of him. Is his sin in God's eyes any less than the thief? I think Phil Robertson remembered that Jesus said if you deny me before men (Or GQ magazine reporters) that I will deny you before before the Father. In other words he will say "Depart from me ye worker of iniquity, for I NEVER knew you". What people forget most is God looks on the heart. He knows the real truth about us all. Many people act sinless in front of the world but their hearts are as black as coal.

Location hidden

#26 Dec 22, 2013
But to me, he was judging by comparing all of those things to each other. Homosexuality, bestiality, drunkardness etc. that wasn't a quote from the bible, those were his own words. He was basically saying one was as bad as the other. He could have broke out other sins that were of a tamer nature, but he chose those.

Listen, this hit close to home with me. I know several couples, family and friends, who have been hurt by this whole thing. They are loving people who follow your religion. They believe in God, and believe they will one day go to be with God. They were hurt by this, so I was hurt by this.

This whole thing is getting tiring though. They all knew exactly what they were doing. From what I gather, they are pretty smart men, and the networks are even more so. They know how to appeal to viewers, and stir up drama. I don't know why I'm trying to appeal to people. I'm fighting a losing battle. Like you all have stated, you believe what you believe. I believe what I believe. I can't change that.

I am backing out now. Thank you all for the information, I appreciate your patience and understanding with me, minus the guy why called me an idiot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington-Fayette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The bible says about a woman 17 min Thomas 1
good night. who else 34 min Bad 2
The bible says men should have short hair 1 hr DUDE 38
Kats suck 1 hr DUDE 13
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 1 hr SweLL GirL 8,707
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 1 hr SweLL GirL 1,124
Add a word, Drop a word "Dirty" version 1 hr SweLL GirL 424

Lexington-Fayette Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance