done wrong

Darby, PA

#1 Aug 22, 2013
If you are looking for a place to rent and you call a woman by the name of Palma Chapman keep your money in your pocket and walk way she is a sleezy low life who acts all high and mighty I have rented from her for a while and she won't fix anything u got to threaten her with calling the fair housing and with holding the rent money to get her to fix anything and then I got to pay for it myself I have seen her places get fire closed on and families throw out in the streets and their rent has been paid I have seen her turn around and rent these places again knowing that the innocent people are gonna get set out by the bank my friend went to rent a place from her on Lakeview when she got there the front door was unlocked so she went in to look at it she said it was nice but when she tried to open the back door it would not open she went out the front walked around back and on the back door was a lock the kind the bank ours on fire closed houses lol when my friend asked Palma about the lock Palma said that she would have someone cut it off like she did on the front door Palma said that she do a month to month lease for as long as it takes the bank to realize she rented it and then my friend would have to move or she get set out all this comes from a honest Christian woman so if your looking for a place and you call a number and a woman answers and her names is Palma Chapman please do your self a favor and just hang up cause she gonna rent u something that does not belong to her or she will rent you a dump for 800 a month
John

Louisville, KY

#2 Aug 23, 2013
Wow, too lazy to put a single period in that entire rant?
i agree

Hollywood, FL

#3 Aug 23, 2013
I completely agree with done wrong.I have rented from this woman to.That's me using the word woman lightly,she looks more like a clown with her drawn on eyebrows and painted up face. She is an awful landlord.It don't stop there she is a terrible person in general.So anyway it's true about her not wanting to fix anything in her high priced dumps she rents. So yes stay away from her. There's your periods John lol
mveinfrvpnencv

Nicholasville, KY

#4 Aug 23, 2013
Dixie Property is pretty bad too!!!
Just a mom

Nicholasville, KY

#5 Aug 24, 2013
It's "FORECLOSED", not fire closed, nitwit.
brian

Lebanon, KY

#6 Aug 26, 2013
Just a mom there is no use trying to correct some people, hell this poor county is like every other, full of dead beat ho's and low life sorry men. I don't know this chapman person, but you can bet the one that started this thread is probably another dead beat in Jessamine county.
for your info

Lawrence, MA

#7 Sep 11, 2013
For your information Brian I'm the woman who started this thread and I'm not a dead beat .I work a full time job and a part time job. I raise my kids without any help from their father or the government.I don't do drugs, I don't drink or party at all. I go to church whenever I am able to get a Sunday off work. I started this thread to warn other good people to watch out for this lady and that's using the word lightly. She has no right to take money from hard working people for rent on properties that don't belong to her.In case you don't know that's fraud and that's illegal.So doesn't that make her the deadbeat,the lowlife.Go talk to some of her tenants and see what they got to say about her.Everything I have posted on here is nothing but the truth.
Hillbilly

Irvine, KY

#8 Sep 15, 2013
Is everybody sure they got he name right? These postings sound like Peggy Bell from Somerset. I think she is out the rental business now and trying to start church.
I know

Detroit, MI

#9 Sep 20, 2013
I know this Palma Chapman.I rented from her as well.I don't know anything about her renting foreclosed properties,but I do know she is a slum lord.I had to pretty much beg her to fix anything that needed fixing.Then she would act like it was my responsibility to fix her property not hers. She lies and looks down her nose at people. She acts like she is so much better than anyone else. I could not wait to move out of that dump she rented to me.
justagoodguy

Berea, KY

#10 Feb 4, 2014
first i would like to say this is a great thread. there should be a face book page for renters looking for honest landlords. theres a www.jessaminlandlords.com for them and its made by Donald Shelton owner of Dixie properties. this site talks about whose a bad tenant and gives articles how to evict renters and there favorite word to call there tenants is "Deadbeats". and i will admit some people are bad tenats but that doesn't give them the rite to assume every body is like that. i think Donald Shelton made this to convince him self hes not a bad guy. i think Donald Shelton is the worse. when all you can find about some one is there a scumbag then it must mean something. when some like Donald Shelton profits off people misfortune they are a scumbag. all real businessmen and investors no that it just is not rite to profit off misfortune. it is wrong and just plain disgusting. there should be landlords that want to do good in this world and help out people. there are superstar athletes and they say the reason for them wanting to succeed is to help humanity. but we the good tenants that pay our rent on time or even a few days late end up finding something broke and you have to down rite prove its messed up and its there fault to take care of and when you do this they get mad and will railroad you with the law. they relize they can do this and they love bad tenants. if you think there not making money repairing there houses with the money they sued for your ignorant. they make big deposits and want to scare you that your not going to get it back. so you will not pay them rent or what ever and default on the lease. then they take all the deposit and then sue you for the rent. the sue people so often that they get attorney fees cheap and its profitable for them to do all that. so if your a good tenant or a bad one they always get theirs. but don't get me wrong not all landlords are like this. i had a land lord before Donald Shelton at Dixie Properties that was amazing just straight forward and every thing was always taken care of with out any hassle. they didn't think every one was out to get them and they owned the rented house and used to live in it. they obviously weren't in it for the money like Donald Shelton is. Donald Shelton likes to make mistakes and then takes days to respond and figure out whats wrong so that its too late or you just get fed up and give up. Donald Shelton like to make things hard for you so that its not worth asking for and bets on you giving up. hes always one step ahead to make a buck he says its so he's covered if there really is a bad tenant. but when all you read is honest people getting ripped of by Donald Shelton or Dixie Property means there must be some truth to it. on his web site Jessaminlandlords.com Donald Shelton defends him self from his bad reputation by saying people just convince them self's of the lies and start to believe them. you don't ever see honest people defending there reputation. im sure one of his workers will defend him on here and say im wrong but ill let you know we don't give a fuck and fuck you. if there's a unofficial web site full of so called bad tenants that cant defend them selfs on whats being said then i think there needs to be one for the renters. if it sounds like im rambling, i am but its all true. so lets hear about all the bad landlords in Jessamine county. Donald Shelton and Judy and Dixie Property are scumbags that will sue you for what ever reason to make a dollar, despite your misfortune. i understand this and pay all my rent and what ever so i can have my day in court to prove to the judge and any one that hes as crooked as they come. my day will come Donald Shelton. let this comment be some kind of warning.
zoomzoom1981

Berea, KY

#11 Feb 4, 2014
duckk all of you mother duckkers for defending these guys to me they sound like crooks profiting off people's misfortune i bet they get some kind of tax break for helping people. they think you the tenant owe them something for them adjusting rent to your income thats only to make sure they can milk every bit out of you and keep you coming back. and you know what most land lord's are pieces of zit and these guys prove my point they want you to do something for there own community because you dont get paid a living wage. and if you think people are living off your tax dollars your just as bad as them. the thing is most Americans have a heart and when you do something for some one you dont ask for any thing in return like these people do. id like to add Donald Shelton owner of Dixie Property to this list. i will pray for the rest of my life that these scumbags and there children suffer even worse misfortune for there bad morals and ability to cheat any one no matter the circumstance. they are no better then there so called "deadbeat Tenants" they enjoy profiting off of so much. evry wonder why Donald Shelton has so many problems its because he makes money off of defaulted leases and cheating people. thats why he rents to these types and only rents cheap properties. i saw him move in the worse bunch ever it was obvious what he was up to they were gone in a month and some one in the next thats a lot of money to be made there. and he knows they cant afford attorneys its wrong what Donald Shelton does. these type of people need to go to hell.
Almost speechless

Nicholasville, KY

#13 Feb 4, 2014
Reply to: Justagoodguy--
I rented from Dixie Properties and it was the worst 18 months in my 25 years of renting... Dixie Properties is a joke and they are very unprofessional!!! They smoke in units and then blame the tenants, they lie on paperwork and they did not fix things in a timely manner!! I had nothing but trouble out of them (them being Don and Judy!) during the entire 18 months!!
I did not know that www.jessaminelandlords.com was even out there!! Thanks for sharing that website!!
Hehe

Lexington, KY

#14 Feb 5, 2014
You have rented for almost 25 years? Wow.
dang

United States

#15 Feb 12, 2014
I'm terrified to even rent anymore, this sounds horrible :( I would go apesh*t if I didn't get a deposit back and everything was in good condition! Thats alot of money to rip off.
stacey williams

Newark, NJ

#16 Feb 17, 2014
This thread is ridiculous . Most of the posts are incoherent and filled with nonsense.
Pay your bills and don't destroy someone else shit- its that simple.
I've looked over the jessaminelandlord.com website. And what I see are landlords tired of having their shit messed up by people that think they can live in this world for free. Everything on that site is evidence taken from court. So, if you paid your bills and such why would the judge rule in the landlords favor?? You don't need an attorney to show bank statements,receipts and the like.
Have a little common sense .
tammera30

Nicholasville, KY

#17 Feb 5, 2016
I'm looking for anyone done wrong by Donald Shelton with Dixie property and management. Please email me at [email protected] thanks
BadLink

Nicholasville, KY

#18 Feb 5, 2016
justagoodguy wrote:
first i would like to say this is a great thread. there should be a face book page for renters looking for honest landlords. theres a www.jessaminlandlords.com for them and its made by Donald Shelton owner of Dixie properties. this site talks about whose a bad tenant and gives articles how to evict renters and there favorite word to call there tenants is "Deadbeats". and i will admit some people are bad tenats but that doesn't give them the rite to assume every body is like that. i think Donald Shelton made this to convince him self hes not a bad guy. i think Donald Shelton is the worse. when all you can find about some one is there a scumbag then it must mean something. when some like Donald Shelton profits off people misfortune they are a scumbag. all real businessmen and investors no that it just is not rite to profit off misfortune. it is wrong and just plain disgusting. there should be landlords that want to do good in this world and help out people. there are superstar athletes and they say the reason for them wanting to succeed is to help humanity. but we the good tenants that pay our rent on time or even a few days late end up finding something broke and you have to down rite prove its messed up and its there fault to take care of and when you do this they get mad and will railroad you with the law. they relize they can do this and they love bad tenants. if you think there not making money repairing there houses with the money they sued for your ignorant. they make big deposits and want to scare you that your not going to get it back. so you will not pay them rent or what ever and default on the lease. then they take all the deposit and then sue you for the rent. the sue people so often that they get attorney fees cheap and its profitable for them to do all that. so if your a good tenant or a bad one they always get theirs. but don't get me wrong not all landlords are like this. i had a land lord before Donald Shelton at Dixie Properties that was amazing just straight forward and every thing was always taken care of with out any hassle. they didn't think every one was out to get them and they owned the rented house and used to live in it. they obviously weren't in it for the money like Donald Shelton is. Donald Shelton likes to make mistakes and then takes days to respond and figure out whats wrong so that its too late or you just get fed up and give up. Donald Shelton like to make things hard for you so that its not worth asking for and bets on you giving up. hes always one step ahead to make a buck he says its so he's covered if there really is a bad tenant. but when all you read is honest people getting ripped of by Donald Shelton or Dixie Property means there must be some truth to it. on his web site Jessaminlandlords.com Donald Shelton defends him self from his bad reputation by saying people just convince them self's of the lies and start to believe them. you don't ever see honest people defending there reputation. im sure one of his workers will defend him on here and say im wrong but ill let you know we don't give a fuck and fuck you. if there's a unofficial web site full of so called bad tenants that cant defend them selfs on whats being said then i think there needs to be one for the renters. if it sounds like im rambling, i am but its all true. so lets hear about all the bad landlords in Jessamine county. Donald Shelton and Judy and Dixie Property are scumbags that will sue you for what ever reason to make a dollar, despite your misfortune. i understand this and pay all my rent and what ever so i can have my day in court to prove to the judge and any one that hes as crooked as they come. my day will come Donald Shelton. let this comment be some kind of warning.
Your link doesn't doesn't work. Won't open.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington-Fayette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
********** Life is good in Trumpland! ************ (Feb '17) 20 min Skeeter 1,132
Human animal hybrids 1 hr EIIa 21
Topix hacking trump supporters 2 hr Two cents 4
Libs, what would make you happy? 2 hr Two cents 212
Sorry Libs: Obummer Team knew and colluded with... 2 hr Two cents 25
War on white males is real 2 hr A Friend Called Vibe 49
Lana Locteff and Jim Goad on youtube 4 hr Ryan 2

Lexington-Fayette Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lexington-Fayette Mortgages