Spiceland church of the Nazarene

Spiceland church of the Nazarene

Posted in the Lewisville Forum

Please Explain

AOL

#1 Oct 22, 2009
Before I start this let me say that I don't know much about your doctrine. I will say that your members are always saying "I'll pray for you" and that many are very involved in the church. What my understanding is that there was a member of your church who is sixteen and as many of our youth are unfortunately doing these day was involved in a sexual relationship with a boy and was forced at sixteen to marry this boy because of church doctrine. Other question is, why is you youth leader so incredibly happy about being pregnant at 18 and unmarried. The members I have dealt with personally are very "religious" in public but behave very hateful and deceitful in their private lives. Where is the Christ in your church? Where is the peaceful heart that should come with truly having Christ lead your life? Why is it so important to these people I have dealt with to always be in control of the situation, even when it hurts others?

The leadership of your church needs to gain control and possibly explain that God sees your heart and He doesn't like the darkness.
beentheredonetha t

Warrenville, IL

#2 Mar 6, 2010
TRUST ME>>>>>I know exactly what you're saying and this has been going on there for YEARS!!! I grew up in this church and there were ALWAYS things going on behind closed doors. Sounds like nothings changed.
Idiots

Lake In The Hills, IL

#3 Mar 12, 2010
Both of you are idiots. Go back to your trailer and quit hacking your neighbors wireless internet.
beentheredonetha t

Warrenville, IL

#4 Mar 13, 2010
You must go there too!!!
Pastor Allen

United States

#5 May 11, 2010
Please know that I have no idea what either of you are talking about. There has NEVER been anyone forced to marry anyone at all, let alone due to any "doctinal issues".

As to youth leaders who are happy about being pregnant at 18? Again... this statement makes no sense at all since we have no youth workers that young, nor anyone who is 18 and pregnant. I have performed wedding ceremonies for some who desired to get married after discovering they were expecting, but I can assure you those actions were neither condoned nor approved by anyone at Spiceland Church of the Nazarene. We desire to help anyone who has been trapped in any sin & point them to the one & only one who has forgiven us of our sins - Jesus Christ.

Obviously you have not been here to church because I preach those kinds of things nearly every week - public persona & private lives matching. I'm sure we have a hypocrit or two in the church as every church with which I'm familiar has one, but one must be smaller than a hypocrit to hide behind one.

I would be happy to meet with you in person & talk about any of your anonymous allegations.

"beentheredonetha t" - I am sorry someone in any church has so obviously hurt you emotionally. As far as I know, in the past almost 12 years of my ministry here there has never been anything at all like you are implying. Of course, I wasn't here before that so I have no idea. It is my prayer you find help, peace, & God's grace for whatever bitterness that would cause you to feel this way.

Grace & peace to both of you.
Truth

Bloomington, IN

#6 Sep 29, 2013
Pastor Allen wrote:
Please know that I have no idea what either of you are talking about. There has NEVER been anyone forced to marry anyone at all, let alone due to any "doctinal issues".
As to youth leaders who are happy about being pregnant at 18? Again... this statement makes no sense at all since we have no youth workers that young, nor anyone who is 18 and pregnant. I have performed wedding ceremonies for some who desired to get married after discovering they were expecting, but I can assure you those actions were neither condoned nor approved by anyone at Spiceland Church of the Nazarene. We desire to help anyone who has been trapped in any sin & point them to the one & only one who has forgiven us of our sins - Jesus Christ.
Obviously you have not been here to church because I preach those kinds of things nearly every week - public persona & private lives matching. I'm sure we have a hypocrit or two in the church as every church with which I'm familiar has one, but one must be smaller than a hypocrit to hide behind one.
I would be happy to meet with you in person & talk about any of your anonymous allegations.
"beentheredonetha t" - I am sorry someone in any church has so obviously hurt you emotionally. As far as I know, in the past almost 12 years of my ministry here there has never been anything at all like you are implying. Of course, I wasn't here before that so I have no idea. It is my prayer you find help, peace, & God's grace for whatever bitterness that would cause you to feel this way.
Grace & peace to both of you.
This is a very nice and professional comment. Not use to seeing on these forums. Maybe people could learn from this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) 16 hr legalize 104
Mike renfro (Mar '16) 19 hr Tom Wilcox 19
shyron sturgill 21 hr Tom Wilcox 1
It's all about who you know.. Jan 14 Slackee 10
Ashley Hamm Jan 14 Slackee 5
Leslie Cook Jan 14 Slackee 11
Town bars Jan 7 Vanillafordatbigb... 17

Lewisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lewisville Mortgages