How long does it take?

Since: Jul 12

Lewistown, PA

#1 Jul 13, 2012
It took the commonwealth 14 years to bring a serial pedophile to justice. Obvious coverups since '98, no concern for the victims, and it would seem plenty of "looking the other way" - from the former atty general, Centre County DA at the time, children and youth services, university "persons of power & control", and the board of trustee. Then the other end of the spectrum - janitors, other coaches, etc - possibly out of fear did not report it at the time. In 1998 children and youth found the victim's complaint to be "unfounded".
But my point reflects closer to home.

Lewistown, PA

#2 Jul 13, 2012
Nobody seems to be investigating or following up on DA Molek. Many points have been written regarding his lack of trials - favoring dismissals or a 2nd chance or plea agreements, as has already been pointed out on Topix. I wondered how long it would be until one of his dismissal agreements would come back to bite the victim - the #1 concern in an assault case.

Lewistown, PA

#3 Jul 13, 2012
In physical assault cases involving a boyfriend/girlfriend or husband/wife Molek will meet with the two parties and give the woman the option to sign off on her complaint therefore never bringing it to a charge or a requirement for the man to take classes regarding abuse or stay away for a period of time, and then even for the woman to get counseling? What has happened to victim services? Did the victim suddenly become less than her assailant?
In obtaining the woman's signature to dismiss, Molek and Victim's Services are basically washing their hands clean of this event.
Have none of them watched a Lifetime Movie once? Everyone knows this only gives the abuser encouragement to do it again! It only coddles the victim even when she claims "she wants no trouble for her man".

Lewistown, PA

#4 Jul 13, 2012
Any prosecutor should realize the woman is a victim...her ability to separate the abuse from her man is difficult. She should never be given this choice because her man will convince her he will be good, blah, blah and bullshit.

Lewistown, PA

#5 Jul 13, 2012
A woman was recently attacked by her abuser with a hammer, not just knock knock silver hammer, but POW POW almost knocked her dead - severe head injuries as she was taken to hospital. The thing is she was one of those women who signed off on her abuser and dismissed the former charges against her "loving man".
If her complaint had been looked at seriously by Molek AND Victim's Services, and she had not been the one to make the choice about the charges brought against him, she might be in a much better situation today.
Molek, if victims can't trust you to help them, they will quit coming in to report their abuse and this goes for rape victims, child sexual assault & child abuse. I f you are not willing to wear the big boy pants the badge gives you, then you are only falling in the same steps as the PSU administrators who should have put the victims first and seen to an end to such abuse. Do the job you were elected to do!
Serve the county and quit being mr. "everyone deserves a 3rd chance".
Seriously

United States

#7 Jul 19, 2012
I get the frustration of what the media portrays as a "plea agreement" but sometimes the state/county doesn't have enough information to go to a trial and the only way that the criminal will get anything is to take the plea. This is what the media doesn't show... At least they are then in and through the system to have a history if they plead guilty to a crime. The problem is with ARD program and whenever they are sentenced with ARD, complete the program and do well, then poof the record goes away!! So right there is the problem. Worry about Molek doing far more ARD sentencing then plea dealing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewistown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for Cocker Spaniel Stud to breed with m... (Apr '09) Jan 9 Pat 82
Let's reminisce! (Apr '10) Dec '17 Greg 349
Please help bring Shane home Oct '17 Jessica 1
News Derry asked to help fund road project Aug '17 Hoyman99 1
Sleeping CO back to work???? (May '15) May '17 Alby17944 19
Mifflin County Deadbeat parents (Oct '14) Apr '17 What a joke 3
News Four charged with animal cruelty for dropping p... (May '13) Feb '17 air max shoes 26

Lewistown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lewistown Mortgages